Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855979 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by miimssss: 9:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
makano:
Hello Miimsss

SOP - Statement of Purpose

An SOP is a letter addressed to the Visa Officer where the applicant talks about the purpose of why he/she is going to study in Canada. Points explained will dwell on
1. How the advanced study complements past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope.
2. Financial capability of the applicant to finance studies & living costs,
3 Why Canada
4. Why the particular program and why the particular institution.. e.t.c

STUDY PLAN

This is a sub section in your SOP where you talk about your study plans in Canada..

Peace

Thanks for this comprehensive explanation!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hayoBams: 10:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
Good evening everyone,

I have a lot of questions to ask but first let me start with these.
Do I need to present a gift deed even after I have duely presented my sponsor's(mom) statement of account as proof of funds.
If yes please how do I go about it?

And also for proof of funds do I need any other documents aside my sponsor's statement of account and her proof of business.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could reply me embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
hayoBams:
Good evening everyone,

I have a lot of questions to ask but first let me start with these.
Do I need to present a gift deed even after I have duely presented my sponsor's(mom) statement of account as proof of funds.
If yes please how do I go about it?

And also for proof of funds do I need any other documents aside my sponsor's statement of account and her proof of business.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could reply me embarassed

A gift deed comes in play if your mom transferred a significant amount(LUMP SUM) to you and it appears on the account. It is advised you included a gift deed to show the source of the lump sum. Applications are being denied if no explanation is given on huge amount that may appear on your bank statement.

Proof of relationship with your sponsor

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Khormzy1(f): 10:21pm On Jan 19, 2022
??
Khormzy1:
good morning guys,
please is there anybody here that has traveled to Canada in the past week Toronto to be precise?
I have a few questions

how did the immigration treat you if you are fully vaccinated?
was there any need to quarantine?
if you were quarantined did you select the place yourself or did the immigration give you a particular place to quarantine?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teekay20: 10:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Thank you so much. Please I am yet to receive the biometric instruction letter.does it take time to send?
TomisinK:

1. Two copies of your Biometric Instruction Letter (download from your application profile)
2. Two coloured copies of your International Passport biodata page (write your phone number and email address legibly on them)
3. Two copies of your Biometric appointment letter (Usually sent by VFS after booking an appointment)
4. Original International Passport

Honorable Mention

5. Pen for filling the Consent form when your get there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by deeteeneey(f): 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
PatrickOkunima:

If she gets PPR now she won't be able to use it for this new program. That means she'll have to apply for another study permit for the new program. The best thing to do is update them now before the PPR comes.
ok, will do so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
Congrats to you HHH3

So happy for you, and I am glad to be part of your success story....

Canada cant wait for you to shine bright like a diamond..

Peace
HHH3:
It is PPR guys.

August 22nd 2021 and first time Applicant.

PPR and Correspondence Letter came in around 12. 35 but I saw it around 2 this afternoon.

MBA Program at UCW. I started class since October and completed the Fall Term online. Winter Term started on the 10th January, 2022 but I had to apply for leave of absence because of the delay in Study Permit approval.

Please don't give up on yours, keep pursuing. I am over 40 and got it. Just keep your focus on Jehovah God in the process.

I came across this thread after my application and invitation to proceed on medicals. Medicals was updated since November 13 and I had to come here to understand if the delay in PPR was peculiar to me. From following examples here, I raised several web forms and sent emails (I stopped sending them since last week). I requested for GCMS Notes (I heard that for the first time here) but I guess I don't need that anymore. Few days ago, I sent a mail to my MP who hasn't replied yet. This is all God and I give Him all the glory.

I had encouragement from Makano and PapaObi when I needed to start using part of my funds wink

It has now ended in PRAISE to God.

DOCS
The Regular Online Forms
Land documents
Family Pictures
Letter of Explanation
Police Character Certificate
Statement of Account
Picture of ongoing building projects
Resume
Spouse's employment Letter
Pay Slip
Letter of Employment
Letter of Approval of Leave of Absence, and many more.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
You Welcome

miimssss:

Thanks for this comprehensive explanation!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hayoBams: 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
Anon123:

A gift deed comes in play if your mom transferred a significant amount(LUMP SUM) to you and it appears on the account. It is advised you included a gift deed to show the source of the lump sum. Applications are being denied if no explanation is given on huge amount that may appear on your bank statement.

Proof of relationship with your sponsor
Thank you so much for the reply but how do I get a gift deed, I mean is it a document I need to go to a court for or what?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:53pm On Jan 19, 2022
A big congrats to you and your family..

I cant just imagine the Joy this would have brought to your family..

And I am glad to be part of your success story, it has finally ended in praise..

Canada can't wait to receive their newest family..

Peace
NadeeFM:
Thank you everyone for the good wishes and prayers. I am very grateful.

This is the full detail of my application. It may be useful for someone here...

FAMILY APPLICATION- Study permit for myself and two children and Visit visa for Spouse

Timeline:
Application Submitted: 22nd July, 2021
Biometrics: 27th July, 2021
Upfront medical (family): 30th July, 2021
Medicals updated to passed: 5th August, 2021
Eligibility started almost immediately for me.
Eligibility for spouse and children: 19th October, 2021 (that was when I saw the ghost update)
Saw two other ghost updates on the 12th and 23rd of November
BVL & PPR: 25th November, 2021

What I did:
I prayed, I fasted and I trusted God to come through for us ….. and He did. When God says ‘Yes’, nobody can say ‘No’. I believe that very strongly.

Following @Makano’s advice read here, I started sending emails and webforms on the 21st of October (to all the IRCC offices I could lay my hands on their emails but later limited it to Nairobi, London and Lagos offices). I sent mails and webforms weekly oh…..there was a time I was sending daily. I’m sure they were tired of me but I didn’t care. I still sent the day before PPR came!

Finally, I read and read through this thread. My people, I got almost all the information I needed here. That is why I’m saying a big THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU to everyone that contributes on this platform.

I tailored my application after @goingforward’s testimony (Available on page 1) and replicated all the documents she used for her family application (as many as were applicable to my profile). Thank you oh @goingforward.

Documents Submitted:
ALL CIC DOCUMENTS

ACADEMIC DOCS:
Bachelor’s Degree Certificate and Transcripts
WAEC Result
NYSC certificate
Professional certification

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS:
Digital Passport Photo
Int’l passport pages with travel history
SOP (Written by me and edited by spouse). I followed the guidelines seen here of highlighting all refusal areas and answering the questions any VO may have.
Birth Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate
2 MBS sent (NGN and USD)
My CV
Employment letters
Pay Stubs for four months
Court Marriage Certificate
Newspaper publication for Change of marital name
Family Pictures
A document providing explanation of Funds for my study (Excel sheet)
Spouse Pension statement (Spouse is my sponsor)
Spouse statement of account (USD, NGN)
Property documents (2)

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
Letter Of Admission
Confirmation of Acceptance email from my school
Receipt of Tuition deposit
IELTS result

CHILDREN- DOCUMENTS
ALL CIC Docs
Digital passport photo
Intl’ Passport with travel history
Birth Certificates
Previous term’s school results
Upfront inquiries about health insurance for my children (I had emailed the school about adding them to my insurance coverage and attached the email correspondence to their application)
More pictures

SPOUSE- DOCUMENTS:
CIC Docs
Digital passport photo
Intl’ Passport with travel history
Company Introductory letter
Pay stubs for last four months
Work ID card
Personal car documents

**Table of content was created for each section and referenced in the SOP.

Tips:
Read up on this platform
Take your time to prepare your documents
Follow in the footsteps of those that have gone ahead of us
Pray! Hmmnnn ….. Pray oh! God does things no man can do.

May this journey be favourable for us all in Jesus’ name.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 11:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
hayoBams:
Thank you so much for the reply but how do I get a gift deed, I mean is it a document I need to go to a court for or what?

Google can get you this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hello Overcomer

Lemme just summarise this, you failed to convince the Visa officer that you are a genuine student who is going to Canada to study, you also failed to convince them that you would be returning back to your home country after your study in Canada..

Also you didn't explain how important or beneficial your proposed course of study is to your Career and also to the development of your Home country.. The financial aspect of your application too was weak.. In summary, your SOP and LOE were Vague..

Now that you just started working, I won't advise you to apply immediately, sit down, take your time and strategize on how you can convince the visa officer of their refusal concerns as regards your application. Work on your funds, Work on your SOP and LOE and make sure you have the necessary documents to back up your claims this time...

You can go through the Approval timelines to see the documents the successful applicants submitted for their approved application..

Peace
Overcomer1234:
Please I need your advice towards my reapplication, I have attached my gcms notes and my delay reasons , I will appreciate positive responses on how to tackle these refusal reasons . First degree , mechanical engineering, going for masters , uni of Ottawa MEng. 25y/o. Ps I was unemployed when I submitted my application but I have a job now but no travel history ,Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Awiire(m): 11:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mmaobey:
Hi everyone, my brother in love is arriving Canada today 15th jan. The accomodation he got was canceled now he is in urgent need of an accomodation in regina. He is going to university of regina. Please any info on how to get accomodation will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
tell him to try kijiji download the app im sure that would help him out congratulations to him im coming in by March hop to see ya soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Timm89: 12:36am On Jan 20, 2022
Hello everyone, pls i urgently need ur advise. I applied for my study permit in November, did biometrics and have not heard from IRCC since then. Classes in my school (Mohawk College) have already started and so i am in the process of deferring to the May'22 intake. My questions are:

1) Should my deferral be approved, do i go ahead to upload the new LOA using webform or should i wait g
for them to request? Would they even request? ( not sure how this aspect works)

2) I am planning to do an upfront Medicals and upload along with the new LOA i am expecting, is this a good idea?

3) I have heard that uploading additional documents especially unsolicited ones could slow down the whole approval, how true is this please?
@Makano everybody please help oo
Pls I need your advise. God bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hdior(f): 12:44am On Jan 20, 2022
Hello house, please for my study permit application, what sort of VISA am I to apply for my 3 year old accompanying me? Visitor's or Study permit?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bertv66: 12:47am On Jan 20, 2022
Hi guys, my warmest greetings.

I currently live and work in Fredericton NB. One of my lil siblings(Half brother) who is 18 just had admission to UNB. Our mom passed 3 years ago and i have been financially responsible for him from God knows when. In doing his application on the new portal , there is a portion that asks the total fees for all the 4 years he would be attending the school(75kCAD). I only have about 35,000cad in my bank statement which i would use for sponsorship. My question is , would this be enough? What other documents aside from sponsorship letter, business docs, Payslips, death certificate of our mom, our birth certs( to proof we share same mother), my tenancy agreement to proof he would have a room in my apartment etc.?

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 1:34am On Jan 20, 2022
Hey guys please I have a question. Do I need a transit visa to fly from with Airfrance from Lagos to Canada? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benwems(m): 1:37am On Jan 20, 2022
Olumidestella:
Ist time Applicant,
God has done it for me����

This is a dream come through.
I joined this platform after my application submission
But this platform has serve as encouragement to me. Reading people's testimonies gave me hope.
My uncle is the sponsor with different surname and it worked
GLORY TO GOD.

Application submitted: July 13
Biometrics done and updated: July 16
Medicals Request: October 4
Medicals passed: November 5
Correspondence Letter: January 19
PPR: January 19

*IRCC FORMS*
1. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),
2. Family Information form (IMM5645E)
3. Temporary Resident form (IMM5257E)

*Applicants personal and sponsor's documents*
1. Copy of Applicant’s Family Members Birth certificates.
2. Letter of Admission,
3. Tuition deposit receipt (from the University)
4. Copy of Applicant's Birth Certificate,
5. Copy of Police Character Certificate
6. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate,
7. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page,
8. Copy of Applicant's family picture.
Pictures showing relationship with my sponsor (my uncle), childhood Pics with dad and myself
9. Statement of Purpose
10. NYSC discharge certificate
11. Degree certificate
12. Transcripts
13. Letter of SPONSORSHIP with affidavit
14. Affidavit to show my sponsor is my uncle
because of different surname
15. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of Sponsor’s landed properties
16. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of parent’s landed property as home ties
17. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of my landed property,
18. Employment letter
19. Letter of Introduction from last employer.
20. Six months statement of statement of account of my sponsor
21. Six (6) months Statement of Account (Personal Account).
22.Work ID card
23. My CV
24. Sponsor employment letter, ID card and payslip
25. Retirement letter of both parents as home ties

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
IT ENDED IN PRAISE...
Congratulations but all these documents?? Canadian embassy must be crazy.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gift212: 1:58am On Jan 20, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Benwems:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tosynn007: 2:53am On Jan 20, 2022
Can someone just pls help me?
tosynn007:
Hello everyone, I intend to have my medicals ahead before the visa application and I really don't know the process of scheduling a medical test
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by blazetitov: 3:13am On Jan 20, 2022
Dear House, I missed my biometric appointment at VFS Lagos yesterday due to work related emergency. Can i still go in today?

I have been unable to reschedule without the error message; You cannot reschedule on the date of appointment .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RxOtunba: 3:18am On Jan 20, 2022
Canadore College
msbaileyz:

Which school did your friend apply to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RxOtunba: 3:20am On Jan 20, 2022
Landed property docs of parents, salary acct, leave letter from company, sop.
Isioma80:

Congrats to your friend. Can you please share documents submitted and what school. Am in same plight. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bahause: 3:26am On Jan 20, 2022
mimidarling:
Pls how did you apply for the GCMS notes?

A friend of mine who's in Canada applied for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sandykendy12: 4:14am On Jan 20, 2022
Good morning house, I want to appreciate everyone in this forum for their selfless contributions. I've really learnt a lot on canada study visa application since I discovered this thread. Please I have a question:
My husband wants to sell a property to sponsor me, do we need to wait for 4months after selling the land before I will apply for my study visa to avoid it appearing as a lump sum.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:58am On Jan 20, 2022
Jewel80:
Una well done o! Thanks to everyone here for sharing information and experiences, they have been really helpful. Congrats to all who got approved lately, you deserve it!

My sister just got admitted to Cambrian college in Ontario for a 1 year graduate certificate program in Business Analytics. [b]Please are they still approving study permit for those going for a 1year program? [/b]Does anyone know of anyone who got approved for a 1 year program in 2021?

Just trying to make sure a 1 year program is not a red flag for study permit application. Any insights on this would be super helpful guys. Thanks!

Hello Jewel80,

Please where do you people get all this news and informations from biko? Did they ever stop issuing visa to 1 year program courses? Please whatever or wherever you heard that from, is all false. As a matter of fact, one just got her stamped passport delivered to her doorsteps yesterday. Her PPR was last week.

Please kindly disregard such info ok

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bertv66: 5:46am On Jan 20, 2022
ManLikeMace:
Hey guys please I have a question. Do I need a transit visa to fly from with Airfrance from Lagos to Canada? Thanks

No you do not ...

you can fly through Europe if you have a valid Canadian, USA, Japan or Australian Visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olumidestella: 6:03am On Jan 20, 2022
GentleBobo:
Please, did you mention in your SOP that you would return to your current employer?

Not at all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ninab: 6:07am On Jan 20, 2022
Please I am a newbie someone should Assist with this inquiry
Hello
Thanks to everyone keeping this platform
Alive .
I am new here and I would like to apply for study permit ,I got admission into fanshawe college ,and the course relates more to my work experience.
I graduated in 2007 with a 2-1 and I have been working since them.My questions are as follows
Can I do a post graduate certificate instead of a masters how do I defend this ,my reason is simply I can’t stress for a 2 year program when I can complete in a year,my years of experience would count for something if I need to get a job.(13 years)
Can I apply with my kids ,I have 4 kids 3 are citizens and I am contemplating going with the youngest who is barely 2 years
I have an issue with my pof,I have it in an investment account and I hear Canada doesn’t accept investment accounts
Can I liquidate into my savings account and explain in my sop or should I just send the investment certificate.must the SOA be 6 months too
My hubby is sponsoring but he prefers to pay the money into my account ,this would come in as a lump sum should I get a gift deed letter or just explain that he contributed towards my tuition.
Finally, has anyone applied with a us citizen for study permit and got refused(asking because I am contemplating going with all 3 and leaving only one behind )
Thank you

Please someone should help me by responding
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olumidestella: 6:10am On Jan 20, 2022
Benwems:

Lol
I didn't just want to take any chance
I forgot to add Dat I submitted my Letter of explanation.. Explaining every document and pictures submitted and how the available funds will be used to carter for my living expenses.

I got to know DAT LETTER OF EXPLANATION is really important
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 6:16am On Jan 20, 2022
Big Congratulations to you. God is indeed faithful. I and others who are expecting PPR will receive ours soonest in Jesus name. Go and prosper in the land of Canada.

HHH3:
It is PPR guys.

August 22nd 2021 and first time Applicant.

PPR and Correspondence Letter came in around 12. 35 but I saw it around 2 this afternoon.

MBA Program at UCW. I started class since October and completed the Fall Term online. Winter Term started on the 10th January, 2022 but I had to apply for leave of absence because of the delay in Study Permit approval.

Please don't give up on yours, keep pursuing. I am over 40 and got it. Just keep your focus on Jehovah God in the process.

I came across this thread after my application and invitation to proceed on medicals. Medicals was updated since November 13 and I had to come here to understand if the delay in PPR was peculiar to me. From following examples here, I raised several web forms and sent emails (I stopped sending them since last week). I requested for GCMS Notes (I heard that for the first time here) but I guess I don't need that anymore. Few days ago, I sent a mail to my MP who hasn't replied yet. This is all God and I give Him all the glory.

I had encouragement from Makano and PapaObi when I needed to start using part of my funds wink

It has now ended in PRAISE to God.

DOCS
The Regular Online Forms
Land documents
Family Pictures
Letter of Explanation
Police Character Certificate
Statement of Account
Picture of ongoing building projects
Resume
Spouse's employment Letter
Pay Slip
Letter of Employment
Letter of Approval of Leave of Absence, and many more.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 6:23am On Jan 20, 2022
Good morning everyone, hope we all had a wonderful night rest?
I please what’s the duration my bank statement can last? If I print it a week or two weeks from visa submission is that a red flag?
Please also what about lump sum deposit on the day I print out put my bank statement?
Please these are for a friend in urgent need of answers and you people are the ones I trust most to answer it. Than you all and agave a productive day

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.