Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170980 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 11:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
Olalekank:
Hi @mamatukwas. I’ve tried to reach you several times on WhatsApp with no luck

Erm I thought we talked this week. Abi it wasn’t you? Apologies if I missed your message. Say hello again via WhatsApp and I’ll respond ASAP.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:59am On Sep 18, 2021
Amarathripple0:
Hey guys, please I’m not sure if this has already been answered or if there’s a link. Please what’s the average cost of Utility bills in the UK eg Light, water, heating, trash, TV tax etc Any response would be highly appreciated. I’ve tried to google but can’t seem to find actual figures. Thanks

Light + Gas = From £80 pcm
Water = From £45 pcm
Council Tax - From £110 pcm
TV - From £20.00 per annum
Transport - From £100 pcm
Rent - From £750 pcm
Phone/Broadband - From £50 pcm
Feeding (depending on mouths) - £150 pcm

Just a rough estimate, could be higher/lower, depending on location/taste........... grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mixedfruit: 1:18am On Sep 18, 2021
Lexusgs430:

This mixedfruit is growing on a wrong tHree - ad....... cheesy
Lol

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 3:59am On Sep 18, 2021
Lexusgs430:

More like a nutty fruit cake. grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 4:34am On Sep 18, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Definitely not the tree of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:56am On Sep 18, 2021
marylandcakes:

More like a nutty fruit cake. grin

The proposal shock me......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:57am On Sep 18, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Definitely not the tree of knowledge.

Mixedfruit, needs to branch that proposal to a financial institution........... wink

Banks would love the MMM interest rate...... grin

What if mixedfruit never settles down or starts working or it takes 10 years to fully settle down or the kitchen gets too hot and mixedfruit decides to bail........ grin

What is the true meaning of settle down........ wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 7:01am On Sep 18, 2021
E go soon reach my turn grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ishilove: 7:13am On Sep 18, 2021
Mimzyy:
E go soon reach my turn grin
What does this mean?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Light + Gas = From £80 pcm
Water = From £45 pcm
Council Tax - From £110 pcm
TV - From £20.00 pcm
Transport - From £100 pcm
Rent - From £750 pcm
Phone/Broadband - From £50 pcm
Feeding (depending on mouths) - £150 pcm

Just a rough estimate, could be higher/lower, depending on location/taste........... grin

Thank you so much, I appreciate
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Richhard(m): 8:02am On Sep 18, 2021
Who's in Anglia Ruskin here?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adewumi2888(m): 8:51am On Sep 18, 2021
Please how can a person pays for day 2 and 8 PCR from Nigeria? all banks debit cards are being declined.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:57am On Sep 18, 2021
Adewumi2888:
Please how can a person pays for day 2 and 8 PCR from Nigeria? all banks debit cards are being declined.

Get someone with a bank card outside Nigeria, without an overzealous financial boss, that places restrictions on spend limits......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bonn2007: 10:06am On Sep 18, 2021
Thanks
LagosismyHome:

Check tfl website which means transport for London . There is a journey planner
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bonn2007: 10:10am On Sep 18, 2021
I appreciate.

The Tfl app doesn't seem to have the option to pay for a trip. Please how do I book a trip let's say from London city airport to Heathrow ahead of time??

Bluetherapy:

I find Google maps more useful than citymapper and moveit. Google maps has the ability of showing you underground and overground platform numbers for trains which the apps I mentioned don't.

For tickets, thetrainline.com is the common place to go. Or simply google LCY to LHR for example.

In short, google maps to the rescue.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2021
Bonn2007:
I appreciate.

The Tfl app doesn't seem to have the option to pay for a trip. Please how do I book a trip let's say from London city airport to Heathrow ahead of time??

You must be travelling light to make the best of this journey across London. I'm not very familiar with that part of London where LCY is, but I know that's around Woolwich so I think you will jump the DLR then find your way to connect Paddington and jump the Heathrow train.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 11:53am On Sep 18, 2021
Richhard:
Who's in Anglia Ruskin here?

Wrong number, mate!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Richhard(m): 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
icon8:

Wrong number, mate!

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ToshoTosin(f): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, I will like to ask,
please what areas or towns are advisable and affordable to live in, get student jobs and full time for someone studying in university of Hertfordshire, and has one dependant. We were advised Ipswich or North London but I'd like opinions please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by t457: 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
omopapa:
Yeah I have responded

Please I need same service @omopapa. Naira to pounds. How to proceed? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by t457: 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2021
Mamatukwas:

Erm I thought we talked this week. Abi it wasn’t you? Apologies if I missed your message. Say hello again via WhatsApp and I’ll respond ASAP.

Hi. Please what's your rate? How do we connect?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
t457:

Hi. Please what's your rate? How do we connect?

Kindly send a pm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
Bonn2007:
I appreciate.

Just like the previous person said, you need to be able to transport your luggages because there's no direct connection except if you book Uber which is about £53+.

From what I know, you can't book the ticket beforehand because you will be using tfl transport and you're better off tapping your bank card at the gate. You will spend around £4 on the whole join.

You can use citymapper to check your connections.

https://citymapper.com/trip/Tgeg3e3tjyt

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
I have responded
t457:

Please I need same service @omopapa. Naira to pounds. How to proceed? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 8:24pm On Sep 18, 2021
Applied for passport renewal since May so I’m waiting for email confirmation of appointment for biometrics.

Been a while. How have you been ?

Ishilove:

What does this mean?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ajibolaoi: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2021
Good evening sir/ma
Please i will like to know the English language requirement for senior care giver for the new UK Skill worker...
What is the IELTS band needed to score to qualified for the visa interview.
Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by daholiest(m): 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2021
Plz
i have not gotten my day 8 results till now
can I go out.
feyijo:
Dante is disappointing everyone here. Check their reviews online. I used them too, and I was lucky to get day 2 results in less than 24hours. Test to release results didn’t come till now. Day 8 results too, no show till now.

They also don’t respond to emails and have no customer care line for complaints. Stay away from them.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ThreeA1: 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2021
Hello, hope you are enjoying Scotland

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.