Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169709 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2022
justwise:
[/b]

This is why its good to ask question and get detailed answers...from your screenshot it shows that you were at the last stage of your masters program and they wanted you to complete your study before starting the job.

So its not the same as someone who just landed and decided to switch to work visa

The school might want this or want many things but did this actually have any bearing to been able to switch... .

If the letter was not added to the application then it was really irrelevant / unnecessary.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2022
nairalandolodo3:

Hello kindly enunciate on this part. She was applying for UK jobs from Nigeria? Or Nigerian jobs in Nigeria?

Nigerian Jobs in Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
LagosismyHome:

The school might want this or want many things but did this actually have any bearing to been able to switch... .

If the letter was not added to the application then it was really irrelevant / unnecessary.

I think the letter is relevant because it covers the school, the employer and the employee immigration wise

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ishilove: 1:44pm On Jan 15, 2022
justwise:

Not because you requested for a loan, you are looking for someone to accommodate you for. According to you: Even if it is for one month

Then i asked you what happened to the maintenance money you presented to the embassy? That got you worked up because you are uncomfortable with the truth.

If you have the money to finance your foreign education then why are you here looking for free accommodation and loan?

You need to have a stronger backbone and have an honest conversation with yourself.

According to you...you have the school fees worth about 7M naira, that is for the school but the money YOU NEED FOR YOURSELF you don't have it. You come to the UK and punish yourself working flatout, no time to study, attend group meetings for the whole period of the course.

Then course ends, at least 7M gone in 9months, you barely cross the line and holding a shiny certificate that doesn't worth the paper its written on,

PSW will do you very little in terms of finding a graduate job because that visa is a closed-end, not to talk of when you don't have a good result.

If you knew my history here ..that i''m such a bad person why then did you respond to my question?
Guy off mic, abeg. Just ofeeeet!! cheesy cheesy

We meuve grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nairalandolodo3(f): 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2022
dubaiprince:

Nigerian Jobs in Nigeria

Ook thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iboboyswag(m): 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
HopeLoveLife:

And what makes you feel I don’t have it? Na wa for you ooo!!! This Naija mentality no be small.

Oga you don't have it, if not you won't be looking for free accommodation. Period

15 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2022
HopeLoveLife:

Lol See this one, so for your mind now you think I don’t have the money? you are the frustrated one, read my comment clearly before mentioning me next time.

How you all just jump into conclusion is quite interesting ! I know you are a puppet to just wise, so I’ll pass dear.

Wetin concern me

grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
iboboyswag:

Oga you don't have it, if not you won't be looking for free accommodation. Period

wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2022
Ishilove:

Guy off mic, abeg. Just ofeeeet!! cheesy cheesy

We meuve grin

..lol monitoring spirit..you showed up... grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ishilove: 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
justwise:

..lol monitoring spirit..you showed up... grin grin
grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2022
1 question.. 5pages grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 2:35pm On Jan 15, 2022
HopeLoveLife:
Any site for free accommodation ? Even if it is just for 1 month Biko, this situation is getting me pretty sad.
Or are there places one could get loan here in Nigeria before departure ? Please help me,e I am totally confused on what to do.

Dude, your post really shows you are having a bit of financial issues with regards to both your pre departure and arrival but you seem to be saying otherwise after few responses.

Truth is whatever is been said here, take it as an advice and make your decisions. you don't need to respond to every quote.

Not everyone can afford the 50% or 100% uk fees.

There are highly experienced ppl here while there are wannabes too that follows the crowd.

I once asked justwise around 2014 if I could pay £1000 deposit for the fees and his response really guided me, if not na pit I for find myself. Sometimes TRUTH is bitter but you need to swallow it.

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2022
A beg make we rest

i don too much

when someone is advised and refused to be guided, na him go hear am for UK

my fear is just not having bad immigration history with UK government....why i like careful planning ahead
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adapapaokoye: 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
HopeLoveLife:

Student visa, hoping I could find a job...so I would be able to pay for feeding and transport after 1 month by God’s Grace.

Are you in London
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
Where Lexusgs430 dey for this sub since yesterday? He’s conspicuously absent.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
justwise:
[/b]

This is why its good to ask question and get detailed answers...from your screenshot it shows that you were at the last stage of your masters program and they wanted you to complete your study before starting the job.

So its not the same as someone who just landed and decided to switch to work visa

True.. it’s good to ask and get answers in the right context.

However, my employer didn’t wait for me to finish before starting. I started the job in my last semester.

I can’t remember exactly how it got to int’l office which was why I told them I got a job offering me sponsorship, they said I couldn’t be on tier 2 visa and continue my studies full time unless my employer was happy for me to do that, in which case, they’d need a written evidence from them and this was what led to that letter

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adapapaokoye: 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
LagosismyHome:
I saw a post on Facebook.... an indian (not that the nationality matters) came here with student visa T4, he immediately hussled and got a care job and switched to T2 visa. I thought I seen it here that its not possible and you had to complete the school

But No, his T2 was approved this week. I didn't know that was possible so hey students shine your eyes ooo. This guy got his visa so he has switched from T4 to T2 without completing the degree

Justwise I don't intend to break any rules ooo but information is power hence why I am posting this

Dear don't mind Justwise.
In UK, anything is possible. Just shine your eyes well and be smart about it.
Funny enough the people kicking against some scenery did it or are doing it for their people back home but will come here and form Mr/Mrs straight forward.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2022
Adapapaokoye:

Funny enough the people kicking against some scenery did it or are doing it for their people back home but will come here and form Mr/Mrs straight forward.

i rather watch my neighbor's knickers dry than engaging you

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2022
gratefulme40:
Sef iv

True.. it’s good to ask and get answers in the right context.

However, my employer didn’t wait for me to finish before starting. I started the job in my last semester.

I can’t remember exactly how it got to int’l office which was why I told them I got a job offering me sponsorship, they said I couldn’t be on tier 2 visa and continue my studies full time unless my employer was happy for me to do that, in which case, they’d need a written evidence from them and this was what led to that letter

I will be looking forward to read from someone who has done it recently ...especially switching at the beginning or mid-way to the course

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HopeLoveLife: 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2022
Adapapaokoye:

Are you in London

Awwwh Glasgow, Scotland cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HopeLoveLife: 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2022
Adapapaokoye:

As in ehn!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2022
justwise:

I will be looking forward to read from someone who has done it recently ...especially switching at the beginning or mid-way to the course

Thinking about it. I think it might work. If you are willing to walk away from the fees paid and potentially your certificate, then recruiting you on Tier 2 can be done mid studies. After all the guy could have been in India and still qualify.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 4:20pm On Jan 15, 2022
Chreze:

I have seen black people beg abroad. If you go to INA market in India (Delhi), you will see Nigerians begging in the market for you to buy them chicken or wheat for swallow . In Lille (France) I gave a black guy (not Nigerian) €10 when he approached me at a mall and I felt like I should give him more since I gave the white begger outside €2 coins (anytime my wife remember this story she gets angry at me cos we didn’t buy something we like because of small fraction difference) . We don’t want to be a begger abroad, especially when we are not beggers backs home, but if you no get watin to eat, watin you go do?
Men! How can someone swallow wheat? shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
justwise:

I did something slightly similar. I took a full job, during my last semester meant for internship. I know the employer contacted the home office for guidance, as I got the university to issue a letter saying I had concluded all taught modules and exams ,which the employer then presented to the HO for guidance before giving me the job, then subsequently T2 sponsorship.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2022
dustydee:

Men! How can someone swallow wheat? shocked

cheesy
Na to make eba-like food
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frank043(m): 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2022
For all the structural engineers on here, if you need any information whatsoever, please ask them here. That way, others can benefit from it, while we also have valuable comments from other structural engineers in the house.

I can't respond to individual enquiries, cos some of the questions and concerns are somewhat similar and they are building up.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 4:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Thinking about it. I think it might work.If you are willing to walk away from the fees paid and potentially your certificate, then recruiting you on Tier 2 can be done mid studies. After all the guy could have been in India and still qualify.

A lot of people will jump the ship in that regard.

Its a win win for the company and the person.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
kode12:

I did something slightly similar. I took a full job, during my last semester meant for internship. I know the employer contacted the home office for guidance, as I got the university to issue a letter saying I had concluded all taught modules and exams ,which the employer then presented to the HO for guidance before giving me the job, then subsequently T2 sponsorship.

What year was this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 4:55pm On Jan 15, 2022
justwise:

What year was this?
2021 grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2022
HopeLoveLife:

Student visa, hoping I could find a job...so I would be able to pay for feeding and transport after 1 month by God’s Grace.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 5:02pm On Jan 15, 2022
umarwy:

Bros abeg this matter don die.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.