Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1168897 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 12:12am On Feb 28, 2022
onibokun10:
Hi guys, thanks for all your helps in the past . Now settled in the UK.

As a single guy, I'm thinking of quickly getting a girl from home to marry and bring her here.. it'll serve as an edge for student dependant move after my own studies and she'll be able to work full time while I study.
Pls house, what are the pros and cons of this thought and chance of possibility?

Why will you bring a girl here to serve as somerhing else. You bring her here and she begins to feed you from day one while you study. It is a bad thing to start using someone from day one Bro. Not be only u de school and work.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:21am On Feb 28, 2022
tushqueen:

Okay, may be I should reframe my question. Is it legal for those without tv license to benefit from the enumerated means of entertainment?

The question is, do you think you would benefit from this enumerated means of entertainment.............. cheesy

With or without a licence............. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LonAccBusScc: 12:26am On Feb 28, 2022
Goodmorning nairalanders,
Please does anyone know how much it costs to commute from coventry to oxford Brooke's daily and monthly?

Anyone going to oxford Brooke's university this september?
Any suggestions on affordable places to live ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DAramis: 12:32am On Feb 28, 2022
omopapa:
Not this one but you can try them as well
It is expensive. Can I dm you to get the details about the one you use?

NB: Not in UK but would need to watch all those premium channels through this platform.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 1:58am On Feb 28, 2022
Joyousgem:

@Mamatukwas
I sent you a mail please respond, looking to use your service.

Done.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 2:35am On Feb 28, 2022
AyodejiS92:
Good day my lovely people, please does anyone have a shared accommodation to rent, please help a brother

I have a double room available, close to local transport and shops. Venice, Spain

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:28am On Feb 28, 2022
umarwy:

I have a double room available, close to local transport and shops. Venice, Spain

Abi ke....... I get bedsit for Ukraine........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 5:55am On Feb 28, 2022
Include your location…

AyodejiS92:
Good day my lovely people, please does anyone have a shared accommodation to rent, please help a brother

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 6:03am On Feb 28, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Abi ke....... I get bedsit for Ukraine........ cheesy
I get for Ajah, Lagos.

Affordable and installmental payment is acceptable
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by onibokun10(m): 8:20am On Feb 28, 2022
Poanan:

Why will you bring a girl here to serve as somerhing else. You bring her here and she begins to feed you from day one while you study. It is a bad thing to start using someone from day one Bro. Not be only u de school and work.

You don't understand or maybe I didn't frame it simple enough, but I did mentioned in the post we'll alternate roles. Whatever she earns go back into her masters and my worry is that she'll be a girl I've not known before. It's just a proactive measure of an overthinker to buy time.
I've gotten answers anyways, Major opinions negate the idea..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:42am On Feb 28, 2022
Poanan:

What is wrong with that?

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 9:02am On Feb 28, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 9:15am On Feb 28, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

I have done this many times. Eurostar would sort you out!

Thank you.

Pls did u go the same day and come bk the same day?

Did u get go on tourist?

Where can I enter Eurostar. Pls kindly explain, I don't know London well, staying outside London.

How much is returned ticket with Eurostar.

Will it take u direct to Paris where one can see tourist attractions?

Many thanks for your responses.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 9:17am On Feb 28, 2022
marylandcakes:

You can go by car, depending on which part you are going to. Using the ferry.

Can car bring me bk that same day?

Is car cheaper. How can I get a car. I stay outside London.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 9:39am On Feb 28, 2022
Osoderi:

Thank you.

Did u get go on tourist?

Where can I enter Eurostar. Pls kindly explain, I don't know London well, staying outside London.

Osoderi post=110620307:

Can car bring me bk that same day?

Is car cheaper. How can I get a car. I stay outside London.

Thank you

You cant do same day travel by car to France except you just want to go to Calais

Yes same day travel.

Go to https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en book the earliest train and return on the last

Go to Google and check tourist attractions in Paris

Once you get to Gare du Nord in Paris, pick up the tourist guide pamphlet for directions

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ddee20150: 9:49am On Feb 28, 2022
Hello...

Pls recommend fast and cheap PCR test for me.

Travel date to Nigeria is Friday.

Thank You
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 9:53am On Feb 28, 2022
Osoderi:

Thank you.

Did u get go on tourist?

Why do you want to go and return the same day? There’s so much to do and see in Paris. Check the Eurostar website for ticket prices and train times. Prices start from a £37.50 for one way.

There’s also Eurolines which is coach travel and might work out cheaper for you if you don’t want to pay for a hotel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 9:53am On Feb 28, 2022
So I bought the famous brioche Bread on Saturday. Even though I didn't see the Slice one to buy, I just got the croissant, but I loved it. I have been looking for it for a while. Cheers tongue tongue cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2022
Justwise, can you kindly resend the link you posted few weeks ago on the extensive discussion about buying a car in the UK. I’ve used the search bar, all to no avail…

The link is about the old thread and Lexusgs430 shared a lot there.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ZariatoCanada: 11:27am On Feb 28, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Openrent ......

This thread is been invaded by Canadian's .......

Thanks for your response Lexusgs430

grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Endlessgrace: 11:44am On Feb 28, 2022
onibokun10:

You don't understand or maybe I didn't frame it simple enough, but I did mentioned in the post we'll alternate roles. Whatever she earns go back into her masters and my worry is that she'll be a girl I've not known before. It's just a proactive measure of an overthinker to buy time.
I've gotten answers anyways, Major opinions negate the idea..

This here is why the rate of divorce has skyrocketed recently, people getting married for wrong reasons. This will definitely result in premium tears for both parties bro, take it easy.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 11:50am On Feb 28, 2022
Lexusgs430:
If you want your rents to count towards your credit history.........

www.creditladder.co.uk
What is the draw back?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2022
Viruses:

What is the draw back?

I see no drawbacks...... Infact, it's advantageous to interested parties............... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 12:47pm On Feb 28, 2022
LonAccBusScc:
Goodmorning nairalanders,
Please does anyone know how much it costs to commute from coventry to oxford Brooke's daily and monthly?

Anyone going to oxford Brooke's university this september?
Any suggestions on affordable places to live ?
train peak period is 29 pounds while off peak is about 23 pounds. I mean return ticket. you can also apply for rail discount. Where you enjoy a certain percent discount.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2022
Coventry is obviously cheaper to rent house. But uh need to factor in how many days commune a week. My wife communes only 2 times a week in some weeks while some weeks are online . They are jobs everywhere. Both oxford and Coventry . You can send me a PM
LonAccBusScc:

@Doministic,pls how has it been living in coventry ?how much does your wife spend on commuting from coventry to oxford?are there jobs in coventry ?
I wouldn't mind if you can give me your email as I am also coming to oxford Brooke's sept.Any advise on accommodation would be appreciated.
Hello nairalanders pls I wouldn't mind your contributions on this as well. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 28, 2022
Endlessgrace:

This here is why the rate of divorce has skyrocketed recently, people getting married for wrong reasons. This will definitely result in premium tears for both parties bro, take it easy.
What's the right reason? grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2022
onecoder:

What's the right reason? grin

There's no right one, and actually what the OP is thinking about is no different from the other reasons people venture into marriage (such as someone to support me/have children with/society and the church said so/I thought marriage means sex on tap, etc.).

The only difference is that he's being honest about his calculations, while most people aren't and prefer to dress their own calculations up.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2022
Yes u can DM me but my vendor only does for firesticks
DAramis:

It is expensive. Can I dm you to get the details about the one you use?

NB: Not in UK but would need to watch all those premium channels through this platform.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

There's no right one, and actually what the OP is thinking about is no different from the other reasons people venture into marriage (such as someone to support me/have children with/society and the church said so/I thought marriage means sex on tap, etc.).

The only difference is that he's being honest about his calculations, while most people aren't and prefer to dress their own calculations up.
Yes, agreed.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by unclepopo2(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2022
hi house.. good morning, can someone please suggest the best uk banking or saving app (like piggy vest in nigeria) that one can use to save money without restrictions, I'm trying my best to cultivate the habit of saving as much.. thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DAramis: 1:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
omopapa:
Yes u can DM me but my vendor only does for firesticks
If it is amazon firestick, hope it can be plugged into laptop and used just like TV?
I am asking because, you said something about going everywhere with yours when not at home.

Sent the dm already
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2022
justwise:

What is wrong with that?

Women are not built that way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.