Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169164 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2022
Lol....Na wa oh. I understand sha. But do you have a favorite??

Lexusgs430:

No cheap deals out, get the one you can. Buy long Johns, extra blankets, extra duvet + hot water bottles...... cheesy

OR

Regulate your usage, as much as you can ....... No Nigerian style of leaving lights unnecessarily on ...... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pijames: 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
bujebudanu1:

Hi, I need naira but small amount
ok how much , I am in Bradford

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adayoung(f): 5:43pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hello guys ,will a person be able to qualify to use LISA to purchase first home in Uk if he/she already owns a property in Nigeria?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sykia: 6:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
Please, I’m looking for a shared accommodation/house or flat in Northampton. Anyone with available source or person when know person should should help.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2022
How about don’t declare the house in Nigeria
Adayoung:
Hello guys ,will a person be able to qualify to use LISA to purchase first home in Uk if he/she already owns a property in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 6:58pm On Feb 26, 2022
ndidibabe:
I am unable to PM because the Email i used to open my account here was compromised and i have since deactivated it. I will appreciate if you can share with me using ndidifola@gmail.com.

Thank you so much!

I have shared the documents with you.

All the best sis
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
MISSYTOSIN:
If you have naira pls message me with rates. Thanks .

Have you gotten someone? I have naira
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
omopapa:
How about don’t declare the house in Nigeria

Would the house in Nigeria, be registered on UK land registry records.......... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2022
Obviously not but I always see questions like do you own a house anywhere else apart from the UK
Lexusgs430:

Would the house in Nigeria, be registered on UK land registry records.......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ndidibabe(f): 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2022
Temi231:

All the best sis
Awww. Thank you so much. I really appreciate.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DFmum: 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2022
Please I have something to move from somewhere to my house, wardrobe to be precise. Does panther company carry such? Any suggestion please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DFmum: 9:52pm On Feb 26, 2022
Please i need vehicle to move wardrobe to my house in cambridge, can panther do it? Or is there particular company that does that? It's just one wardrobe, please I need an urgent response , thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 11:01pm On Feb 26, 2022
Adayoung:

Keep scthum about a house anywhere else. Who wan check am?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
omopapa:
DISCLAIMER: This is for educational purpose only tongue

If u have LG or Samsung TV u can download an app called smart iptv on it and then find vendors that will load the channels for you. It ranges from £25-£60/year depending on the quality of channels and how well u can search for bargains angry

Interesting thing about most vendors is they give btw 12-24hrs free trial (but NOT on match days). Vendors are all over Facebook market place, eBay and even ali shocked. Most vendors have telegram groups to communicate streaming channels, updates and to report issues. Each vendor have their own area of interest, some it’s movies, for some it’s live sports, while some do everything. My vendor does everything Infact they just added African magic Yoruba wink and almost all DSTV channels especially the sport ones.

Another option is the Amazon firestick, you can buy it from Argos or Amazon and watch a YouTube video to jailbreak it (very simple and straight forward) this will enable you download streaming apps on it. Then find a vendor to load channels. You might need VPN to improve streaming quality and to change location for obvious reasons cry

An advantage of the firestick is that u can detach from tv and take with u when u are going away from home . Otherwise the smart iptv app too is fine.
Which vendor are you with?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2022
DFmum:
Please i need vehicle to move wardrobe to my house in cambridge, can panther do it? Or is there particular company that does that? It's just one wardrobe, please I need an urgent response , thank you
You can check Van and Man on Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ndidibabe(f): 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2022
Temi231:

All the best sis
Please how can I get the Review manual. Probably 16th edition. It isn't part of the doc u shared with me. Also the QAE 10th edition and the planning guide.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2022
@Lexusgs430 Thanks you for this.
Does that mean the individual has to dumb the LeBara for LycaMobile?
I am asking on behalf newbies like me who will be entering the UK soon. I was given a free LeBara SIM at TLS during my Biometrics. Should I go ahead with using lebara when I enter into the UK or I should get another network provider.

Thanks for your everytime Tutelage.
Lexusgs430:

Here you go ...... If you come again, we go break that coconut ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TRAY2(m): 11:52pm On Feb 26, 2022
Quick question guys.. does the proposed £150 council tax relief fund fall under public funds for people on tier 2 visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 11:59pm On Feb 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DFmum: 12:04am On Feb 27, 2022
Thanks
tshoboy:

You can check Van and Man on Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Joyousgem: 12:06am On Feb 27, 2022
Temi231:
Please ohh, I have come my brothers and sisters grin. Where can I get a good deal for curtains and Rugs. I need to rug my apartment so as to spend less on heating. Abeg I need experienced people advice Biko. This country, I no wan do pass myself. Eshey gan ni. Thank you

I will recommend J&W carpets, they are cheaper than the standard carpet retailer. Take measurements of each room and have an idea of what colour you're after. They have stores in Glasgow and all across Scotland.

I would suggest Dunelm for curtains, their curtains are good quality at reasonable price. Remember to get thermal curtains.

12 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 1:04am On Feb 27, 2022
ndidibabe:
Please how can I get the Review manual. Probably 16th edition. It isn't part of the doc u shared with me. Also the QAE 10th edition and the planning guide.

We communicated. I will let you know once I get the site
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 1:04am On Feb 27, 2022
Joyousgem:

I will recommend J&W carpets, they are cheaper than the standard carpet retailer. Take measurements of each room and have an idea of what colour you're after. They have stores in Glasgow and all across Scotland.

I would suggest Dunelm for curtains, their curtains are good quality at reasonable price. Remember to get thermal curtains.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 1:07am On Feb 27, 2022
He calls himself B.I.G
Bluetherapy:

Which vendor are you with?

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:21am On Feb 27, 2022
ybahrbz91:
@Lexusgs430 Thanks you for this.
Does that mean the individual has to dumb the LeBara for LycaMobile?
I am asking on behalf newbies like me who will be entering the UK soon. I was given a free LeBara SIM at TLS during my Biometrics. Should I go ahead with using lebara when I enter into the UK or I should get another network provider.

Thanks for your everytime Tutelage.

You can still use the Lebara sim card........ WhatsApp calls, remains the cheapest means to call abroad.............

I have a vectone mobile sim sitted in my dual sim device, on standby. For those people that love turning their data off........... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ndidibabe(f): 6:05am On Feb 27, 2022
Temi231:

We communicated. I will let you know once I get the site
Yes sis.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 6:13am On Feb 27, 2022
TRAY2:
Quick question guys.. does the proposed £150 council tax relief fund fall under public funds for people of tier 2 visa.

I don’t think so, because everyone that falls within a certain council tax band will be getting it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 6:18am On Feb 27, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You can still use the Lebara sim card........ WhatsApp calls, remains the cheapest means to call abroad.............

I have a vectone mobile sim sitted in my dual sim device, on standby. For those people that love turning their data off........... wink

Vectone was my first provider, loosing network connection for 2 days was Normal.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 6:45am On Feb 27, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 6:46am On Feb 27, 2022
[quote author=Anjey post=110570648][/quote]

lookout for the university of derby telegram group. All your questions will be answered there. You will also get premium assistance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:14am On Feb 27, 2022
umarwy:

Vectone was my first provider, loosing network connection for 2 days was Normal.

Probably your location...... Vectone runs on EE network, I have never had issues with vectone......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 9:08am On Feb 27, 2022
HollyMadison:
Please I need help with 2 things in South Shields, Newcastle.

1. What broadband should I use? I’m considering sky because of tv channels.

2. What energy provider should I use? The cold here no be joke and it’s looking like £5 daily.

I'm in sunderland I no see goat meat e dey south shield make I check boss?

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.