Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1178051 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jayjiggy: 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
Naira actually. Was expecting they remove the naira equivalent.

Oggg:
dollar or pounds card
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please i need urgent reply. A support job is asking me for to send my ID befkre interview.
Passport
Evidence of work permit
Evidence of residencial adress
Evidence of nin

Please elders, is ot advisable i go ahead? I dont how it is done here but i fwel these things are too personal to ask for a job i am yet to be interviewed for. Not like i am even sure of getting the job.

Response needed urgently i am supposed to have interview by 3pm.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HYFR007: 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
What’s the process of getting a divorce in the uk. The couple got married in Nigeria but living in the uk. One is on student visa while the other is on tier 2 at the moment. None of them is visa dependent on the other at this point in time. No kids as well. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SerendipityHere: 3:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
Hmmm..
HYFR007:
What’s the process of getting a divorce in the uk. The couple got married in Nigeria but living in the uk. One is on student visa while the other is on tier 2 at the moment. None of them is visa dependent on the other at this point in time. No kids as well. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Endlessgrace: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
HYFR007:

https://www.gov.uk/divorce

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hammed71(m): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
Smh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
Chreze:
@lagosismyhome, Stenon, tushqueen, Fatima and all other women on this forum, what is wrong with women complementing a man.

Every time I go out with my son, these Scottish women and grand mothers will say, he is fine and has cute eyebrows. Some will even say he has beautiful eyeballs. Non has ever said, he looks so much like you.

The one that got me this mood now is the GP at A&E a night ago telling him that he has a very cute Eyebrows and that he must have gotten it from his mother. Haba na. Madam swear you can’t see the cute eyebrow on my face.

Why na. I thot women now say everything and that oyibo women compliment men too. Why the double standard na.

You should look in the mirror and tell yourself that, you will feel much better and coming from the horses mouth , priceless. Don’t mind those other people. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DFmum: 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please can I go for renewal of visa vignette of my son earlier b4 the entry date elapses? If yes, can I do that 2weeks b4 the Expiration?
Please whats involved in vignette renewal. How do I go about it ?
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by smileforme15: 5:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
Mamatukwas:

First Train Out of St Pancras and Last one in. I don’t see why not.

Ps do I need a schengen visa as a Nigerian passport holder
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Munamoqel: 5:38pm On Mar 01, 2022
It
justwise:

You mean brown people like ISIS? BOKOHARAM, TALIBA, and the rest of terrorist groups that kill anybody including their own people? Those who behead christains and journalists? What in the name of God are you on about?

Ukrainians are defending their country, they are not blowing off trains, aeroplanes, churches and market places.
was Taliban not defending their country too? From American invader ? the bombs drop by American war planes don't dicapitate both Muslims and christain in Iraq .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
Poanan:
Please i need urgent reply. A support job is asking me for to send my ID befkre interview.
Passport
Evidence of work permit
Evidence of nin

Please elders, is ot advisable i go ahead? I dont how it is done here but i fwel these things are too personal to ask for a job i am yet to be interviewed for. Not like i am even sure of getting the job.

Offcourse they have to verify who they are interviewing. Asking you to show I'd for virtual inteview is very ok
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
For anyone in Aberdeen and environs wanting to enrol for NIN, they now have appointments available at the Aberdeen office of Simplify Synergy. £40 processing fees to be paid at capturing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 6:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
smileforme15:

Yes you need a visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
HYFR007:
Na wa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2022
You need to give them all to prove that you are legit. No two ways about it.
Poanan:
Passport
Evidence of work permit
Evidence of nin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 6:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
smileforme15:

smiley cheesy grin does naija passport have any power??... you need visa for sure

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
Munamoqel:
Itwas Taliban not defending their country too? From American invader ? the bombs drop by American war planes don't dicapitate both Muslims and christain in Iraq .

Taliban was defending Taliban
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 7:39pm On Mar 01, 2022
marylandcakes:

You should look in the mirror and tell yourself that, you will feel much better and coming from the horses mouth , priceless. Don’t mind those other people. grin

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2022
advanceDNA:

I want to ask...
Are wars not fought with money??
Are weapons not built with research and ultimately money...are we not just overhyping Russia’s arsenal..

their entire budget as a nation and defense budget does not suggest they have what it takes in firepower to take down the US, let alone the super powers of NATO (France, UK and US) combined..

I don’t think we are overhyping them ooo. I think Russia makes a lot from their gas supply than what’s on record. Also I think since they build their own stuffs, they may not need that much money. Also Putin and Kim seems obsessed with power, they can spend all the counties budget on just building armor.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 7:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
For those that have been trying to renew your Nigerian passports, it’s easy to book an appointment now but you need your nin number which is also easy to do for £40.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
Pls my people, if you get any mail from your child’s nursery that someone from his classroom contacted covid. Please withdraw your child for some time. Contrary to NHS guide that the child can still go to school if he/she is not showing any signs or symptoms. As I type this, everyone is my house (self, wife and our 2 n half year old son) has covid.

It all started 3 weekends ago when he was running temperature and we took him to the GP. The Dr examined him and said it was an infection. He then prescribe an antibiotic for 5days. After 4days of taking the antibiotics, we got a call from his nursery that he’s having some signs of reaction on his body. I took him to the pharmacy and he said it was nothing serious but we should stop the antibiotics. He also gave him an oral solution to relief the reaction. Before taking the oral solution we discovered that the reaction had disappeared, but we still gave him for 1 full day. We went back to the doctor and he said we should stop the antibiotics and call the clinic if any new development. All these while, we have been having covid test regularly just to be sure that’s not the situation. Two weeks ago we got a mail that someone from his classroom had tested positive and they attached NHS covid guidance for nursery kids. While we were still going from high temperature to normal temperature and cough, we got another mail from the school a week ago that two other people had tested positive. That was when it got done on me that covid was an option for his situation. All these while we were testing ourself and it came out negative.

To cut the long story short. Yesterday I took him to a testing center and after the test, on our way back home, I started feeling very funny. Got home took paracetamol. Woke up and was not feeling good still, so I took the covid test again early this morning and it turned out positive. My wife did same and also got a positive result. Then we became anxious to know his own test result, though he wasn’t running temperature again, but was still having this little cough and catarrh. Well, hours later after reporting our case to NHS and asking them to follow up with our sons result, we got an sms that he is positive.

To be honest we don’t know where the covid came from as 3 of my wife’s colleagues had to isolate in December and another last month. But we are suspecting the school as the school had to close the room for some time due to growing cases. My advice is not to risk it. If someone test positive in your child’s class, it’s possible to spread from the careers if not from the kids. I don’t know. But that’s our present situation and I am sharing for others to learn from it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 9:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
justwise:

Taliban was defending Taliban
I see the post, I weak.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 9:29pm On Mar 01, 2022
Chreze:
Pls my people, if you get any mail from your child’s nursery that someone from his classroom contacted covid. Please withdraw your child for some time. Contrary to NHS guide that the child can still go to school if he/she is not showing any signs or symptoms. As I type this, everyone is my house (self, wife and our 2 n half year old son) has covid.

It all started 3 weekends ago when he was running temperature and we took him to the GP. The Dr examined him and said it was an infection. He then prescribe an antibiotic for 5days. After 4days of taking the antibiotics, we got a call from his nursery that he’s having some signs of reaction on his body. I took him to the pharmacy and he said it was nothing serious but we should stop the antibiotics. He also gave him an oral solution to relief the reaction. Before taking the oral solution we discovered that the reaction had disappeared, but we still gave him for 1 full day. We went back to the doctor and he said we should stop the antibiotics and call the clinic if any new development. All these while, we have been having covid test regularly just to be sure that’s not the situation. Two weeks ago we got a mail that someone from his classroom had tested positive and they attached NHS covid guidance for nursery kids. While we were still going from high temperature to normal temperature and cough, we got another mail from the school a week ago that two other people had tested positive. That was when it got done on me that covid was an option for his situation. All these while we were testing ourself and it came out negative.

To cut the long story short. Yesterday I took him to a testing center and after the test, on our way back home, I started feeling very funny. Got home took paracetamol. Woke up and was not feeling good still, so I took the covid test again early this morning and it turned out positive. My wife did same and also got a positive result. Then we became anxious to know his own test result, though he wasn’t running temperature again, but was still having this little cough and catarrh. Well, hours later after reporting our case to NHS and asking them to follow up with our sons result, we got an sms that he is positive.

To be honest we don’t know where the covid came from as 3 of my wife’s colleagues had to isolate in December and another last month. But we are suspecting the school as the school had to close the room for some time due to growing cases. My advice is not to risk it. If someone test positive in your child’s class, it’s possible to spread from the careers if not from the kids. I don’t know. But that’s our present situation and I am sharing for others to learn from it.

get well soon.

Out of curiousity are you guys vaxxed??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JustAPasserBy: 9:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
JustAPasserBy:
Guys with experience please help.

I parked my car in the work place parking lot (forgot to pull the handbrake). And went into the office.
During storm Franklyn, car rolled back and ‘rested’ on a Mercedes Benz E. This broke the Mercedes Benz Logo on the front grill.
I met with Mercedes owner and asked if repairs could be arranged outside of insurance.
Today, I received a quote of £1,052 Which is really plenty (considering the small damage as I perceive it).

Now I am thinking of involving my insurance company. Is this a good idea please?
Will my premium increase massively next year? Will this count as me involved in an accident? I am in year 3 of No Claims. Please is the No claims bonus (after 5 years) usually big? Is it worth it?

Please people Mek Ina No jump and pass. Help a sister.

To all who responded to this, I thank you so much. I am grateful.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
umarwy:

get well soon.

Out of curiousity are you guys vaxxed??

We are not. We tried to book an appointment one time and we didn’t get a date due to some rush and the site failure that time. We kept postponing, with intentions to do it when our son starts nursery. We are just lucky not to be getting any hash feelings. Just our sons cough that troubles us. Every other thing is fine. His cough is my greatest worry.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
Viruses:

I see the post, I weak.

Sometimes you wonder where people get their news from...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by whitley(m): 11:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
Hello everyone, please can anyone help with cheap nurseries as my income and what I am seeing online for my 18months old son isnt adding up. How are people meeting up? Please I need suggestions. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 11:17pm On Mar 01, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Offcourse they have to verify who they are interviewing. Asking you to show I'd for virtual inteview is very ok

Thanks fam.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 11:17pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please is it advisable to ship a gadget from Nigeria to the UK. I’m still spending Naira and I need a new iPhone, the prices here are killing me. If yes, please can anyone recommend any reliable and affordable shipping companies from Lagos to the UK. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2022
mex551:
You need to give them all to prove that you are legit. No two ways about it.

Ok thanks so much. I am comfortable now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JustAPasserBy: 11:23pm On Mar 01, 2022
Amarathripple0:
Please is it advisable to ship a gadget from Nigeria to the UK. I’m still spending Naira and I need a new iPhone, the prices here are killing me. If yes, please can anyone recommend any reliable and affordable shipping companies from Lagos to the UK. Thank you

I once saw a post of a student who paid to ship her TV from nigeria to the UK when she was coming to study.

So.
You can. Use. DHL.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 12:40am On Mar 02, 2022
Peerielass:
For anyone in Aberdeen and environs wanting to enrol for NIN, they now have appointments available at the Aberdeen office of Simplify Synergy. £40 processing fees to be paid at capturing.

Chai
After waiting for them for over a month and going to Glasgow
Yeye

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.