Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,408 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170930 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Healhtyliving: 8:24pm On Mar 04, 2022
Abi your landlord is on this forum ni?3���
bluebella:
From my previous post:

Good Evening

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 8:38pm On Mar 04, 2022
The landlord knows the law and how he can into big time trouble ..... sometimes them no dey tell person to calm down in UK when it comes to losing it all.

Glad to read the update...... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by igbsam(m): 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2022
davyx:
Kudos to the gurus in the house. I really appreciate everyone’s contributions to the success of this thread. Though, am in the UK at the moment undergoing my masters, my dependents did their biometric on the 24th February, 2022 and got a successful feedback on the 02 March, 2022. Though, from the letter attached via mail by UKVI, decision was made 26th February, 2022. Decision was quite fast to my surprise.

To all intending applicants kindly make use of Abuja TLS, they are quite fast.

Success to everyone.

Hello sir. Pls what and what is needed for a dependent to apply. Kindly pls put me through as the husband. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
bluebella:
From my previous post:

Good Evening Everyone,
After carefully reading all the pieces of advice given here by the wise ones, I sent the Landlord a text message that I want us to resolve the issue peacefully and that I am willing to pay the 60pounds in the next two weeks, the next rent will be 460pounds and will move out by end of May.
He replied and said I should not worry about the 60pounds but should pay 460 in the next rent and also give him 2 weeks whenever I am ready to move out.

I want to thank everyone here for their wise counsel. I am most greatful. Truly no one wins in war. Peace is the way forward.

Russia Vs Ukraine....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by uchman(m): 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2022
justwise:

He will not get police involved in this and will not be able to kick you out because he is subletting council house which is illegal.

If you want to pay the £60 go ahead but if you want to teach him a lesson you can still do that as well.

I had a bitter experience with a Nigerian when I was just 4 months old in the UK, though not council house but private rented accommodation he was subletting to me. Wanted to turn me to his cash machine because I was new in the UK.

WE FOUGHT and finally I moved out without paying him

This is funny bro,
I cant imagine you fighting.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You cannot issue a legal document, against an illegal business transaction..........

Section 8 or 21, cannot be issued...... Which is the same reason, he could not issue any tenancy agreement documents.........

This is what we call, an illegal contract of convenience............ cheesy

I know - I was giving the steps a landlord would need to take to remove a tenant In England and Wales. It's slightly different in Scotland.

Issue S8 for non payment of rent (can only be issued after 8 weeks on non payment so 2 months) then an S21. All which will be invalidated if the right to rent documents and a tenancy agreement have not been provided. If all is in order, then the landlord applies to the court and the current timeline for a case to be heard is 14 months.

Hence my following comment on the steps the OP should take
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
Ticha:

I know - I was giving the steps a landlord would need to take to remove a tenant In England and Wales. It's slightly different in Scotland.

Issue S8 for non payment of rent (can only be issued after 8 weeks on non payment so 2 months) then an S21. All which will be invalidated if the right to rent documents and a tenancy agreement have not been provided. If all is in order, then the landlord applies to the court and the current timeline for a case to be heard is 14 months.

Hence my following comment on the steps the OP should take

The landlord is probably on this thread....... He smelt the hot coffee, approaching........... grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
uchman:

This is funny bro,
I cant imagine you fighting.

Justwise is a one man army... He dealt with the likes of jennykadri on this platform cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The landlord is probably on this thread....... He smelt the hot coffee, approaching........... grin
honestly. the guy dey here or him pipo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Messyodi(f): 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
This is my current exact situation! What did you settle for? I am confused between settling in london or Wolverhampton due to better living conditions in the midlands.
Anitaamich:
Hello everyone, it’s been a while here, hope everyone is doing alright??

I will be done with my nursing program this year and I’m ready to start applying for jobs. I need assistance on what areas in England are good in terms of decent cost of living. I currently reside 30mins from central London and the rent is crazy this side. Please what areas are affordable to live in and with good pay rates for nurses?? I’m thinking towards Birmingham, Wolverhampton, the midlands generally while being open to other options as well.

Don’t read and pass please!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2022
Chreze:

This is nice. Atleast everyone is ok. i think your landlord is on nairaland too.

grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 12:02am On Mar 05, 2022
canadaishome:

I've finally been able to make payment.

But I have another issue lol
The appointment platform let me book an appointment date for April 15th. I didn't realize until this week that it is Good Friday which is a bank holiday. I don't know if they will really open that day.
Is there a fast Way to contact Nigeria high commission? Their phone never gets answered

Go back on the appointment page and do a reschedule.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by daceo1(m): 2:45am On Mar 05, 2022
Hello guys

Pls assist here. Does anyone have an idea of the NHS STP programme. Some one i know just got this. I need to know whats the next stage after this? Plsss assisttttttttttt

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 4:05am On Mar 05, 2022
canadaishome:

I've finally been able to make payment.

But I have another issue lol
The appointment platform let me book an appointment date for April 15th. I didn't realize until this week that it is Good Friday which is a bank holiday. I don't know if they will really open that day.
Is there a fast Way to contact Nigeria high commission? Their phone never gets answered
They don’t open on UK and Nigeria bank holidays. I think you can reschedule on the portal.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 4:06am On Mar 05, 2022
daceo1:
Hello guys

Pls assist here. Does anyone have an idea of the NHS STP programme. Some one i know just got this. I need to know whats the next stage after this? Plsss assisttttttttttt
mimilyrics might be able to help.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by uchman(m): 6:05am On Mar 05, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 6:23am On Mar 05, 2022
So Twitter is allowing #killputin to trend......

I wonder if advocating for violence/murder/death doesn't violate their community policy.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 6:30am On Mar 05, 2022
Please I want to know, if a student visa holder is allowed to play bets in the Uk, either online or offline?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olalekank(m): 7:25am On Mar 05, 2022
bemagnify:
Please I want to know, if a student visa holder is allowed to play bets in the Uk, either online or offline?
No go burn your school fees and house rent o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 7:33am On Mar 05, 2022
Olalekank:

No go burn your school fees and house rent o

Lolz. I have paid for everything before moving to the UK. So can you answer me now.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 7:53am On Mar 05, 2022
tshoboy:

They don’t open on UK and Nigeria bank holidays. I think you can reschedule on the portal.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:18am On Mar 05, 2022
umarwy:
So Twitter is allowing #killputin to trend......

I wonder if advocating for violence/murder/death doesn't violate their community policy.

When will you start worrying about innocent Ukrainians who are getting killed by Putin in thousands? Do you also have a place in your heart for them?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:19am On Mar 05, 2022
bemagnify:

Yes you can but I’m worried about you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harwe: 8:42am On Mar 05, 2022
Buying a car in UK can we talk about what one should look out for?

A friend got a Diesel car yesterday unknowing to him that there is something called Ultra Low Emissions Zone (ULEZ).

Can we advice ourselves on what to look out for, where to buy a car and things to check on the car.

I feel others should not make such mistakes.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 9:00am On Mar 05, 2022
justwise:

When will you start worrying about innocent Ukrainians who are getting killed by Putin in thousands? Do you also have a place in your heart for them?

Nope

There is tragedy occuring daily in the world, people die in conflict in the tens of thousands daily. And people die in 100k daily ( don't quote my statistics). It us impossible to keep up with caring for everyone.

I have long decided to only care about my personal circle (naija/UK). Anything else is too much stress.

#ageofspin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by duchess90(f): 9:00am On Mar 05, 2022
I put up my Fiat Punto Grande for sale at a really low price, but the car dey Bedford.

Adebayo82:
Please where can I get a cheaper used car.
I need it, I have my international driver license. Some of the part time job am getting after I get to final stage and the next rhings is a matter of whether somebody have a valid driver license and own his car before they can release appointment matter.
If somebody can share with me the website or any workshop around Birmingham where I can get a portable one with affordable price. I lived in Birmingham, B34.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 9:05am On Mar 05, 2022
harwe:
Buying a car in UK can we talk about what one should look out for?

A friend got a Diesel car yesterday unknowing to him that there is something called Ultra Low Emissions Zone (ULEZ).

Can we advice ourselves on what to look out for, where to buy a car and things to check on the car.

I feel others should not make such mistakes.

Ah pele.
Big cities are trying to go green so they charge you daily for driving in low emission zones.

To avoid this you need to buy a ulez compliant vehicle or avoid driving in those zones.

Easiest way to avoid any stories is to get a Tesla, or recent hybrid/electric cars.

Welcome to the future.

Me I am still looking for 6.2/6.3 litre C63 w204, the engine itself is a beauty to look at.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2022
duchess90:
I put up my Fiat Punto Grande for sale at a really low price, but the car dey Bedford.

Link?

Eloni Jale?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 9:25am On Mar 05, 2022
Healhtyliving:
Abi your landlord is on this forum ni?3���

Probably

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.