Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179094 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BorisJohnson(f): 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,
My dependant's visa application was submitted the first week of February. Didn't hear any more thing from UKVI.
I called last week and was told the decision was made on ~February 14th. I asked them to escalate.

Out of curiosity, I went to the post office today, and speculatively presented page 1 of the application form. The woman came back with a BRP in a brown envelope. She asked for the Passport and vignette, I could not present it. She said the BRP was received by them since February 20th.

I called UKVI again. The lady rudely told me that my issue was escalated, and I should wait for another 15 working days.

Does anyone have an idea where my dependant's passport maybe? UKVI? Home Office? TelePerformace? IS there any number or contact that folks have used previously, please? Help me biko.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 4:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
BorisJohnson:
Hello Nairalanders,
My dependant's visa application was submitted the first week of February. Didn't hear any more thing from UKVI.
I called last week and was told the decision was made on ~February 14th. I asked them to escalate.

Out of curiosity, I went to the post office today, and speculatively presented page 1 of the application form. The woman came back with a BRP in a brown envelope. She asked for the Passport and vignette, I could not present it. She said the BRP was received by them since February 20th.

I called UKVI again. The lady rudely told me that my issue was escalated, and I should wait for another 15 working days.

Does anyone have an idea where my dependant's passport maybe? UKVI? Home Office? TelePerformace? IS there any number or contact that folks have used previously, please? Help me biko.

did you not tell her that you are Boris Johnson

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
mex551:
did you not tell her that you are Boris Johnson

Black version of BJ........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
BorisJohnson:
Hello Nairalanders,

This application was done in UK or outside?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 8:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
LagosismyHome:

This application was done in UK or outside?

Outside the UK, I would presume, given that she said the BRP was delivered to a post office.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Endlessgrace: 8:23pm On Mar 14, 2022
mex551:
thanks for this. I registered yesterday night and my credit card is on its way. Despite being less than 3 months here. At least it's a good way to start, even though nah £250 dey inside. Am sure it will assist with improving my credit score

That’s the spirit. I started with £200 credit limit with capital one some years back and now have a credit limit of 18.7k across 3 cards. Just ensure you keep your credit report clean and up to date.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
Okay thanks. But I sent my BRP to DVLA with the form I got in the mail… And I was thinking since they requested for it, they should have mailed it together…”
Lexusgs430:

You receive separately within 21 days..........

PL is DVLA

BRP is UKBA

Miles apart......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 8:31pm On Mar 14, 2022
I applied February 4th online and I sent it to the address on the envelope.
mex551:
how long did it take? When did you apply? Did you sent to the address in the envelope or separate address shared here earlier?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jayjiggy: 8:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
justwise:

Apparently things have changed now compared to when I was there last November, then to get your passport you need to pay for fast track because there is no appointment but from what a lot of people have posted here recently they have now reinstated the appointment system.

There is someone here that gave a very good details about current situation there now , please read few pages back for that post because it has all you need to know

Thank you for sharing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
MadeMen4Life:
Okay thanks. But I sent my BRP to DVLA with the form I got in the mail… And I was thinking since they requested for it, they should have mailed it together…”

What you thought and what they do, are totally different things.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by James4presh: 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
mex551:
Ancestors, help me look into this matter,

I don't seem to understand healthcare in the UK. Maybe cos of where we are coming from. I got across to my GP since last Monday complaining of acute waist pain and pain In my left knee, spoke with the Dr following day and he said he was recommending xray. On Wednesday. no show, I called again requesting to book to see dr. For a different reason, did that the following day and reminded them that I am yet to see any report or request for xray, he told me that he has forwarded the request to University hospital and that I should. E patient.

My question is, if I no fit waka again nko? Plus the excruciating pains, will I wait for ages before them attend to me? Is that how they operate here?

If na naija, at least you walk into any hospital and you are attended to.

Please what do I do? Is there any pain reliever apart from Paracetamol which I brought from Naija that I can buy easily from a shop ?

Just to add, I have been taking vitamin D and c since I relocated as recommended here sometime ago

It happen to me, this same waist pain and they say I should wait for ten days.

Well go to pharmacy and buy co-codamol

Sorry for the pain, buy B12 supplement and be taking one every day. U can get it in any supermarket.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deleson: 9:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
Please, I need to exchange Pounds to Naira.

Who’s available with a good rate?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
James4presh:

It happen to me, this same waist pain and they say I should wait for ten days.

Well go to pharmacy and buy co-codamol

Sorry for the pain, buy B12 supplement and be taking one every day. U can get it in any supermarket.
thanks. I got cocodemol in the afternoon when Mamatukwas recommended it and I have some relief now. They said I should take 2 tabs four times daily

Pray they will answer me this week.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by boghetto: 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2022
Good evening house,
Please I need a 20hr student job in Middlesbrough. I’ve done care training and I’ve been waiting for shifts with my agency forever. I am open to warehouse and any part time jobs. Please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 9:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
omopapa:
You tagged the right set of people. I can help you with that otherwise u can use lemonade app or OhentPay but none of the aforementioned can beat our rate grin

You get naira Omopapa? I wan send small money to Naija this night. Respond if you can

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 9:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
yes I do, I replied you but it bounced back
gratefulme40:

You get naira Omopapa? I wan send small money to Naija this night. Respond if you can

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2022
omopapa:
yes I do, I replied you but it bounced back

Phone number??

I am here to take it and you can delete
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2022
I have sent you a DM request instead
gratefulme40:

Phone number??

I am here to take it and you can delete
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
omopapa:
I have sent you a DM request instead

Looks like I have forgotten the password to the email.

No worries then
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 10:25pm On Mar 14, 2022
Message senatorsk at gm@!l dot cum
gratefulme40:

Looks like I have forgotten the password to the email.

No worries then
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 11:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Also get a hot water bottle and some nice thermal socks, preferably the heavy duty ones. These will keep your feet warm and help you retain some body heat. You can get the JCB heavy duty thermal socks - link below:
https://nutmeg.morrisons.com/eshop/product/Nutmeg-Socks-JCB-1-Pair-Thermal-socks.html/1/pid/490732/frmCatID/74677/
It is also available on amazon, Matalan et al but more expensive on Amazon.
Igbamatigbi:

Thank you for your reply.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bmuhd4smile: 11:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hello everyone, can student dependant travel in and out of UK anytime without restrictions.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:16am On Mar 15, 2022
mex551:
thanks for this. I registered yesterday night and my credit card is on its way. Despite being less than 3 months here. At least it's a good way to start, even though nah £250 dey inside. Am sure it will assist with improving my credit score

Which one did you get bro?

Sent you a pm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wongwe: 12:16am On Mar 15, 2022
Hi Elders I’m the house.

I would like to know if anyone has applied for Canada visiting visa while in UK as a student. If Yes, please how long does it take you to get a response after your biometrics.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wiselong: 12:24am On Mar 15, 2022
Any help on this is appreciated, Thank you!

wiselong:
Good day everyone,

Please can anyone recommend a travel insurance company for a visiting parent from Nigeria?

I have checked Axa Mansard, they offer a maximum of 92 days only irrespective of the travel duration
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wiselong: 12:31am On Mar 15, 2022
Yes, it comes 2-7 days after

MadeMen4Life:
Hello all, I just got my provisional driving license but my BRP card didn’t come with it. Do they send that separately? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:31am On Mar 15, 2022
mex551:
thanks. I got cocodemol in the afternoon when Mamatukwas recommended it and I have some relief now. They said I should take 2 tabs four times daily

You're are simply masking the pain, without getting to the root of the issue.........

Excessive intake of painkillers, is also not good for your kidneys........

Expect constipation...... Your shit go hang ....... grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 2:45am On Mar 15, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 5:35am On Mar 15, 2022
mex551:

When you get referred to the consultant at the hospital then you would probably be placed on a waiting list. The average time is usually depending on the area that you live in, if it’s in London where the population is quite high then you are looking at 3 - 6 months average waiting for the X-ray.

You would probably be buying painkillers like Co-codamol or get your GP to prescribed Naproxen, Tradamol, gabapentin/pregabalin etc in the main time to manage the pain, these pain relief also depends on you not taking any blood pressure medications.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 5:37am On Mar 15, 2022
Estroller:
House i greet o. Abeg se I fit continue my self employed job(I'm registered as sole trader with HRMC) while I'm on paternity leave from my main job?

@theguyfromhr

Nothing stops you from working as a self-employee even if you have been signed off for 2 weeks on paternity leave as per your main job.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 5:41am On Mar 15, 2022
Bmuhd4smile:
Hello everyone, can student dependant travel in and out of UK anytime without restrictions.

Of course you can. As long as you have a valid visa to whichever country you are going to, and your UK visa as a student is valid then why not? Just be aware that you should not be travelling whilst you are meant to be in class studying, because you can be questioned by UK immigration if they stop you, the validity of you being a genuine student would be questioned.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bmuhd4smile: 6:15am On Mar 15, 2022
Ray7878:

Of course you can. As long as you have a valid visa to whichever country you are going to, and your UK visa as a student is valid then why not? Just be aware that you should not be travelling whilst you are meant to be in class studying, because you can be questioned by UK immigration if they stop you, the validity of you being a genuine student would be questioned.

Thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.