Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1181891 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Just wave bye bye to your licence........ You know say we have unmarked police vehicles, they would race with you, gather evidence and prosecute you ........ cheesy

I am familiar with umarked cop cars, they are always tinted with two passengers and they use cars which are 4 years or less.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2022
umarwy:

I am familiar with umarked cop cars, they are always tinted with two passengers and they use cars which are 4 years or less.

They would shock you .......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Kruzy98: 6:05am On Apr 12, 2022
I Want to confirm if one still need to do predepature covid test, book day 2 test kit and fill locator form.... for fully vaccinated people.
Note: for someone travelling to UK
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Alexia20: 6:11am On Apr 12, 2022
Hello Family ,I want to start planning for my family ( family of 4 ) to join me in uk by next 3
month or so , how do i arrange for the pof in my spouse account ( I have sufficient amount in my own acct) , is it just ok to lodge in a large sum in her account or I will need to be sending it incrementally, get someone else to do the transfer i and what other things I will need to put into consideration to tie up any loose ends .kindly advice ,I am on a skilled work visa and my maintenence was been taken up by my employer so I don't have the experience of self- maintenance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 6:12am On Apr 12, 2022
Kruzy98:
I Want to confirm if one still need to do predepature covid test, book day 2 test kit and fill locator form.... for fully vaccinated people.
Note: for someone travelling to UK
Nah! UK Gov stopped that since March 18 and I expect all airlines to have stopped asking for it by now.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 6:18am On Apr 12, 2022
Alexia20:
Hello Family ,I want to start planning for my family ( family of 4 ) to join me in uk by next 3
month or so , how do i arrange for the pof in my spouse account ( I have sufficient amount in my own acct) , is it just ok to lodge in a large sum in her account or I will need to be sending it incrementally, get someone else to do the transfer i and what other things I will need to put into consideration to tie up any loose ends .kindly advice ,I am on a skilled work visa and my maintenence was been taken up by my employer so I don't have the experience of self- maintenance.
Check if the original COS your employee gave you covers your dependent. If it does you can still use that one.
If not, I think you can have the money in either of your accounts. Lump sum isn’t a problem if statement is printed after 28 days.
All the info you need is here.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 6:24am On Apr 12, 2022
Aya fi ikọkọre nẹ. Amọ, ẹba tutu nkọ, i we, a ma fi jẹ ikọkọre ẹni. Bẹ si ni, iyẹn sọ fọ, ka ma tun mu garri ẹni ton ti ẹja ṣhawa lẹyìn nẹ
Did I see justwise press the #ban button, my lordship, temper justice with mercy. Furtherto, I please allocating a translator.
Lexusgs430:

Thank you ...... I go prepare ikokore for you ......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Alexia20: 6:30am On Apr 12, 2022
tshoboy:

Check if the original COS your employee gave you covers your dependent. If it does you can still use that one.
If not, I think you can have the money in either of your accounts. Lump sum isn’t a problem if statement is printed after 28 days.
Thanks for your prompt response .My COS doesn't cover for the family .By my calculation referencing uk gov doc above ,for family of 4 excluding the principal applicant , amount needed will totally to £1000 .So what will be the conversion rate used by VO
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Clakyvip: 6:33am On Apr 12, 2022
If the cos Employer gave covers dependent, pls what do I need?
tshoboy:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 6:37am On Apr 12, 2022
Alexia20:

Thanks for your prompt response .My COS doesn't cover for the family .By my calculation referencing uk gov doc above ,for family of 4 excluding the principal applicant , amount needed will totally to £1000 .So what will be the conversion rate used by VO

www.oanda.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Alexia20: 6:49am On Apr 12, 2022
Clakyvip:
If the cos Employer gave covers dependent, pls what do I need?
I think you only need to indicate it that maintenance been covered while filing the application form and upload the COS later on.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Alexia20: 6:49am On Apr 12, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 6:50am On Apr 12, 2022
umarwy:

Bad belle

I am still with the same insurance.

Now I know there threshold is 100mph so I set my speed limiter appropriately.

Can't wait to get my 6.3 ltr AMG cheesy
Bro 100mph is Automatic ban, tolerance is 10mph above speed limit once U go to 11mph you get a speeding notice so on motor way its 70mph-80 max
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 6:52am On Apr 12, 2022
umarwy:

ahah u think, how about fixed ANPRs? or solo riders?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 7:40am On Apr 12, 2022
Alexia20:

I believe you can use your account as well ....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hkana: 8:04am On Apr 12, 2022
HollyMadison:

You can open monzo .....

wonlasewonimi

Thanks to both of you guys I've opened the monzo. I'm even expecting my card now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hkana: 8:04am On Apr 12, 2022
umarwy:

May I send a pm?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 9:04am On Apr 12, 2022
umarwy:

Discounts plus big brother monitoring

Case in point

106mph on 70mph?... Chai!! ..you wan fly?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 9:10am On Apr 12, 2022
umarwy:

Not yet oh,

I look forward to the day, I will get on with my super/turbo charged honda or a Toyota gt86

Something must kill a man

But dont kill others in the process, I beg..... embarassed cry cry

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 9:15am On Apr 12, 2022
Alexia20:
Follow the UKBA guideline and have the funds in your account since you are the "sponsor". No need moving money to your spouse's account as long as you have the required funds. If it were me, I'd add a bit extra just to be safe.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 9:48am On Apr 12, 2022
No. I have a full Uk license.

Ogbaba123:
Great, do you hold an international license? I believe there’s some discount that comes with having the box tho.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2022
erico2k2:

ahah u think, how about fixed ANPRs? or solo riders?

solo riders no get speed measuring equipment. they are mostly fitted in vans/suvs/estates.

the fixed ones must are dummies + we have waze.

NB

its not that i am doing 107 up and down the motorway. my normal resting speed on CC is 75/80. i push 90 if occassionally.

on the captured day above boys who where unfamiliar with my driving history (in naija car no they pass me or my siblings, not due to dangerous driving oh, we just fast resting speed na 160. my top speed was 190-200. good ol days) were egging me on, so i gave them a taste so they can forever keep mute.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 11:19am On Apr 12, 2022
Rubyventures:

But dont kill others in the process, I beg..... embarassed cry cry

speed doesnt kill.

its the sudden stop
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 11:19am On Apr 12, 2022
Hkana:

May I send a pm?

based on police cars abeg oh. are you scotland yard
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 11:20am On Apr 12, 2022
umarwy:

speed doesnt kill.

its the sudden stop

so if you have to do sudden stop nko? angry
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 11:21am On Apr 12, 2022
erico2k2:

Bro 100mph is Automatic ban, tolerance is 10mph above speed limit once U go to 11mph you get a speeding notice so on motor way its 70mph-80 max

thank you for this information. i meant my insurance black box threshold.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 11:33am On Apr 12, 2022
Rubyventures:

so if you have to do sudden stop nko? angry

Jesus will take the wheel.

End of derail before we chop hammer from Justsmart

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 11:37am On Apr 12, 2022
umarwy:

Jesus will take the wheel.

End of derail before we chop hammer from Justsmart

wise move grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Missposh: 11:39am On Apr 12, 2022
I just opened a Monzo account and noticed it was a current account I opened instead of a savings accounts. Please what is the disadvantage of this?

Can I keep using it even though I'm not into any business or is it possible for me to change it to a saving accounts?

Please help my government o before I start depositing money into it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by r4blessing: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2022
Missposh:
I just opened a Monzo account and noticed it was a current account I opened instead of a savings accounts. Please what is the disadvantage of this?

Can I keep using it even though I'm not into any business or is it possible for me to change it to a saving accounts?

Please help my government o before I start depositing money into it
the regular operating account is called a current account here in the UK. No charges like back home in Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 2:25pm On Apr 12, 2022
erico2k2:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2022
It’s not compulsory to apply for graduate visa with you dependents na Abi? As long as they apply for theirs before their current visa expires. Nothing on this on gov.uk. I like to believe that’s the case. Anyone thinks differently Or has experience/knowledge?

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.