Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169168 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:50am On Apr 10, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Help help help. Marriage for this UK na scam oh. I worked so hard for 3years, only to look my self in the mirror today. I have gone bald. Help help help!!!

Shame, IHS money does not cover hair transplant......... cheesy

But don't panic, I got you a good deal........ tongue

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Shame, IHS money does not cover hair transplant......... cheesy

But don't panic, I got you a good deal........ tongue

I am not sure my networth reach that amount boss. I'll buy Gillette and shave like mompha

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adedapodvirus001(m): 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ray7878:

Try Sheila wheels.

Thank you very much brother mi.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adedapodvirus001(m): 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Where una dey see this kin money sef ....... My renewal premium arrived a few days ago.......

£353.00 (fully comprehensive + NCP + LC)....... For a whole 12 months....... wink

You na Omo onile for UK now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by missb50: 2:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
adedapodvirus001:
Good afternoon my people, please can anyone recommend a cheaper car insurance company for holders of international driving license?

The price I'm getting from this comparison websites is killing. The cheapest is charging me 320quids a month ( go girl)

How big is your car engine? How many litres?

Cars of 1-1.4litres shouldn't be up to that, even on international license

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hkana: 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
mex551:
download monzo bank app immediately. Open account now, and then print your statement. Ensure its funded. That serves as your Proof of Address

What's the difference between this mono bank and the others like HSBC, Barclays etc? Cos I'm trying to open an account with them and they are asking for proof of address.

But I don't have any bills in my name yet.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 3:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hkana:

What's the difference between this mono bank and the others like HSBC, Barclays etc? Cos I'm trying to open an account with them and they are asking for proof of address.

If monzo or starling open account for you, forget about those requesting for proof of address until you are fully settled.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by humility101: 3:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
Our ogas and madams in the UK..

Bikonu, ejoor , make una dey tell us some of the dos and donts to observe in the UK, make person no enter wahala.

3 stories that sent shivers down my spine.

1, An African nurse was praying for a patient. She ended up losing her license.

2, A Nigerian couple went to jail cos one of them flogged their son.

3, Someone while being robbed of her phone fought back and injured the thief
The police still charged her.

Recently got a job offer in the UK... wouldn't want my name to be on the criminal record. Very difficult to get a job with that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
humility101:

Bikonu, ejoor , make una dey tell us some of the dos and donts to observe in the UK, make person no enter wahala.

Recently got a job offer in the UK... wouldn't want my name to be on the criminal record. Very difficult to get a job with that.

The sector of the job will determine how bespoke the advise you will receive.

The advice for NHS nurse will be a little different from that of an Engineer
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2022
humility101:

No 1 .. leave religion at home . If you are sick and a juju worshipper start doing their ritual next to you. Will you like it?...no no. So that how it is when you are imposing your religion on other. Not everyone share the same religion with you . The way it would be annoying if the juju man start throwing his religion on your face while you are a strong man of God... that just how it feels

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by humility101: 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
KOVIC19COVID20:

The sector of the job will determine how bespoke the advise you will receive.

The advice for NHS nurse will be a little different from that of an Engineer

Baba, it's an NHS job...abeg throw me ur advice.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adedapodvirus001(m): 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
missb50:

How big is your car engine? How many litres?

Cars of 1-1.4litres shouldn't be up to that, even on international license

It's 2.0
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 5:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
humility101:

1. That story is true ,the nurse was negligent, rather than calling ambulance/help when the patient was having a seizure she decided to start praying.

2. Flogging a child or beating a child here will land you in jail as such action is regarded as child abuse.

3. I don't know about that story, may be the individual used disproportionate force and inflict serious injury on the thief.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ladywinterfell: 6:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Before I meet my wives family, we don go secretly do registry marriage........

Unknown to us, one aproko aunty worked at the registry....... Na so alarm burst........ She went to congratulate her family, without even approaching us at the registry (the good old days of 090)......

Una fit imagine the rest ........ cheesy

We The Aproko in me wants the full story grin cry

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ladywinterfell:

The story long ..... But after all the rigmarole, true love still won .......... grin

If you truly love, be stubborn and determined .......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ladywinterfell: 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The story long ..... But after all the rigmarole, true love still won .......... grin

Awhhhh. With the present generation filled with 3-5 business/working days marriages, It’s so good to hear this cool

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ladywinterfell:

Awhhhh. With the present generation filled with 3-5 business/working days marriages, It’s so good to hear this cool

With perseverance, compromise, true understanding, true love, etc etc

A zebra, would kill a lion ....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obitryce(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
Una Doh o! Please I have Naira looking for small pounds £300. Abeg who dey sell with good rate?

Thank you...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hkana:

You can open monzo and use the monzo statement as proof of address for hsbc, Barclays etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 11:48pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

E don tey whey you get mind. Summarise the story for us so we younguns can learn one or two things, plus the aproko in us too especially aftermath drama of the busted secret wedding
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 11:49pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ladywinterfell:

Awhhhh. With the present generation filled [b]with 3-5 business/working days marriage[/b]s, It’s so good to hear this cool

Correct description, some never pass wedding venue elevator
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Anbandaras: 12:04am On Apr 11, 2022
Elders ,please is it legal to trade crypto via P2P on Binance in UK?thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 12:17am On Apr 11, 2022
HollyMadison:
My elders please I need mortgage advice.

I’m on my 10th month in the UK and I want to use HTB before it ends next year. I’m buying with my husband who’s been here store a bit longer, but one mortgage advisor tried to discourage me based on the fact that I’ve not been in the uk for 12 months yet.

Our credit scores are excellent and good and I’m working on mine and it’s very close to excellent.
Any good tips or advice would be greatly utilised and appreciated.

Thank you for all the sweet and harsh advice, I Dey collect all. My people use Nairaland to yab me but this page has helped sooo much.

Get a new broker. Contact Ezra Le Mon​
Mortgage Advisor
Ezra.LeMon@JohnCharcol.co.uk
020 3334 9967
www.Charcol.co.uk

16 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:21am On Apr 11, 2022
fatima04:

E don tey whey you get mind. Summarise the story for us so we younguns can learn one or two things, plus the aproko in us too especially aftermath drama of the busted secret wedding

Make I try ......

Meet this very pretty lady in Kaduna, the very moment I saw her, I knew immediately she was my lost rib .......

Now the problem, how do I get her over to the UK, either visiting visa or permanently ?

Visiting visa, would never be granted.... So spousal visa, was the only option.... Spousal visa then was under £200 (believe it or not)...... No IHS nonsense or similar taxations, now imposed......

So my Oga at the time organised the registry marriage etc etc... I flew over from the UK to Kaduna, with a few of my friends from the UK and my sister.......

Got to Kaduna, did the secret marriage, returned back to the UK, feeling fly ....... Until alarm gas .......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:03am On Apr 11, 2022
My wife was studying at Kadpoly at that time, she stayed with her Uncle off campus........

I was accused of all sorts, kidnapping, getting her pregnant etc etc etc

Kaduna is a small town, our secret marriage was a major scandal within the Yoruba community, my oga was also accused of all sorts .......

Her parents stayed in Ibadan, the news spread like wildfire...... Considering the fact that prior to this secret marriage, I had never spoken to my in-laws, nor meet them.......

I had to call my in-laws, apologized to them, clearly stated my position/intentions and why we had to conduct the marriage etc etc ......

Silver jubilee is around the corner...... I have never reported her to parents, they have never intervened in our union, likewise my wife ...... We are buddies, just like biological siblings...... People might deem it an exaggeration, but we have never had an argument or raised voices....... We might have one in the future, which I seriously doubt ........

30 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 1:41am On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Before I meet my wives family, we don go secretly do registry marriage........

Unknown to us, one aproko aunty worked at the registry....... Na so alarm burst........ She went to congratulate her family, without even approaching us at the registry (the good old days of 090)......

Una fit imagine the rest ........ cheesy

So you are s pounded yam eater seff

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:45am On Apr 11, 2022
umarwy:

So you are s pounded yam eater seff

All my while travelling to Nigeria, common bobi, my wife no gree me press, not to talk of wotowoto........ grin

Even after registry, she remained like a brand new Peugeot 404 .......... grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 1:47am On Apr 11, 2022
LagosismyHome:

No 1 .. leave religion at home . If you are sick and a juju worshipper start doing their ritual next to you. Will you like it?...no no. So that how it is when you are imposing your religion on other. Not everyone share the same religion with you . The way it would be annoying if the juju man start throwing his religion on your face while you are a strong man of God... that just how it feels

More point don't assume someone religion gender sexualities etc. Your colleagues/patients fit talk son /daughter and show you a picture of a cat/dog.

Side LIMH has assumed OP is not a JuJu practitioner and would find offense in waking up to see one.

Moral of the story don't make assumptions/generalisation etc.

Anything that doesn't concern you observe and look pass. When you get home gossip with friends/family.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 1:48am On Apr 11, 2022
adedapodvirus001:

It's 2.0

Bad man.

Look for cars between 900cc and 1400cc
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 1:49am On Apr 11, 2022
Ladywinterfell:

Page 265 grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:49am On Apr 11, 2022
umarwy:

Bad man.

Look for cars between 900cc and 1400cc

I always recommend a Toyota Aygo .......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

All my while travelling to Nigeria, common bobi, my wife no gree me press, not to talk of wotowoto........ grin

Even after registry, she remained like a brand new Peugeot 404 .......... grin

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.