Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1181582 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ladywinterfell: 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:
My wife was studying at Kadpoly at that time, she stayed with her Uncle off campus........

I was accused of all sorts, kidnapping, getting her pregnant etc etc etc

Kaduna is a small town, our secret marriage was a major scandal within the Yoruba community, my oga was also accused of all sorts .......

Her parents stayed in Ibadan, the news spread like wildfire...... Considering the fact that prior to this secret marriage, I had never spoken to my in-laws, nor meet them.......

I had to call my in-laws, apologized to them, clearly stated my position/intentions and why we had to conduct the marriage etc etc ......

Silver jubilee is around the corner...... I have never reported her to parents, they have never intervened in our union, likewise my wife ...... We are buddies, just like biological siblings...... People might deem it an exaggeration, but we have never had an argument or raised voices....... We might have one in the future, which I seriously doubt ........

Love love this! Congratulations boss

Dear lord............

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ladywinterfell: 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
umarwy:

Page 265 grin

See me rushing to page 265

BTW, am I the only who doesn’t like this Nairaland Algorithm of searching 3-3 pages backward or forward until you get to the page number you are looking for. There should be a mini search button between those pages to input the exact page number you want instead of reversing manually. @seun

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Leamington: 3:19pm On Apr 11, 2022
BuildingProject:

Be careful about it. There are thieves in the UK as well. I lost 2 of my bank account in a day cause some tried to recall the money paid back after order has been completed. Story for another day.

Lloyd is still holding all my money. cry cry

Oboy pray they didn't report you for scam else police still dy come o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Leamington: 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anbandaras:
Elders ,please is it legal to trade crypto via P2P on Binance in UK?thanks

RUN!!!!!!!! Lots of Nigerians on UK p2p scamming with 9ja names.

2500 was recalled from my "tribes" name grin Claiming investment scam
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ladywinterfell:

See me rushing to page 265

BTW, am I the only who doesn’t like this Nairaland Algorithm of searching 3-3 pages backward or forward until you get to the page number you are looking for. There should be a mini search button between those pages to input the exact page number you want instead of reversing manually. @seun

You can edit the address bar and put the page number

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:
My wife was studying at Kadpoly at that time, she stayed with her Uncle off campus........

I was accused of all sorts, kidnapping, getting her pregnant etc etc etc

Kaduna is a small town, our secret marriage was a major scandal within the Yoruba community, my oga was also accused of all sorts .......

Her parents stayed in Ibadan, the news spread like wildfire...... Considering the fact that prior to this secret marriage, I had never spoken to my in-laws, nor meet them.......

I had to call my in-laws, apologized to them, clearly stated my position/intentions and why we had to conduct the marriage etc etc ......

Silver jubilee is around the corner...... I have never reported her to parents, they have never intervened in our union, likewise my wife ...... We are buddies, just like biological siblings...... People might deem it an exaggeration, but we have never had an argument or raised voices....... We might have one in the future, which I seriously doubt ........

grin angry, I just dey blush. Nice story and many more years to you and your missing rib Mrs Lexusgs430 or na benz family she be
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ticha:

Get a new broker. Contact Ezra Le Mon​
Mortgage Advisor
Ezra.LeMon@JohnCharcol.co.uk
020 3334 9967
www.Charcol.co.uk

Thank you, we have started discussions. He asked for your name, said he likes to appreciate clients that refer. I said Ticha and he asked for your real name. grin

If you want me to drop your name during our next talk, you can send it to me… if not, I completely understand.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Make I try ......

Meet this very pretty lady in Kaduna, the very moment I saw her, I knew immediately she was my lost rib .......

Now the problem, how do I get her over to the UK, either visiting visa or permanently ?

Visiting visa, would never be granted.... So spousal visa, was the only option.... Spousal visa then was under £200 (believe it or not)...... No IHS nonsense or similar taxations, now imposed......

So my Oga at the time organised the registry marriage etc etc... I flew over from the UK to Kaduna, with a few of my friends from the UK and my sister.......

Got to Kaduna, did the secret marriage, returned back to the UK, feeling fly ....... Until alarm gas .......

Awww beautiful story. Good to hear it all worked out.

These days, this waka is too risky, the person can come and be a totally nightmare or can come and you just won't be compatible
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Awww beautiful story. Good to hear it all worked out.

These days, this waka is too risky, the person can come and be a totally nightmare or can come and you just won't be compatible

Life itself, is a risk ....... cheesy

My risk paid off handsomely...... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
fatima04:

grin angry, I just dey blush. Nice story and many more years to you and your missing rib Mrs Lexusgs430 or na benz family she be

She's been upgraded to a Rolls Royce.......... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ladywinterfell:

Love love this! Congratulations boss

Dear lord............

Maybe she was praying, but I wasn't ....... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Smh! Only you will manage to ruin a romantic moment with ‘UTI’ LMAO!!!

The ijebu in me, would always take a wrong turn ....... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ladywinterfell: 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2022
umarwy:

You can edit the address bar and put the page number

Oh! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 6:31pm On Apr 11, 2022
Leamington:

RUN!!!!!!!! Lots of Nigerians on UK p2p scamming with 9ja names.

2500 was recalled from my "tribes" name grin Claiming investment scam

I think when the money is much the greed level increases. Tho I have not had any of these issues. I have only used 2 or 3 people for p2p. there is one person i have been selling to since last year. If the person no de online I no de sell. The person de mostly de online weekend, so I just keep my sale to weekend. In fact some weekend the person fit no come and I go just let am go. I have had one near scam, But I immediately reported to binance when payment was not made and story won start de enter the transaction. £1500 And yes, it was a Nigerian person. I no even do my country person with am, I just report immediately when him story of bank delay and all that start.

My advice to the anyone wey won do UK P2P is to avoid 3rd party payment and do small transaction (£300 to £500 max). Read the peson intro and make sure say the person self no want 3rd party payment. So that you can always present the binance trade chat as proof of trading transaction. Too many greedy people.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ogbaba123: 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2022
A 2.0 petrol is a “large” engine in UK.
Target cars with 1-1.4
Check admiral insurance, although you’ll be given a plug-in box to put in your car that tracks your driving styles

adedapodvirus001:

It's 2.0

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
Not all plans on admiral include the black box. I’m with admiral and I don’t use the box.

Ogbaba123:
A 2.0 petrol is a “large” engine in UK.
Target cars with 1-1.4
Check admiral insurance, although you’ll be given a plug-in box to put in your car that tracks your driving styles

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ogbaba123: 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2022
Great, do you hold an international license? I believe there’s some discount that comes with having the box tho.

Mimzyy:
Not all plans on admiral include the black box. I’m with admiral and I don’t use the box.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 7:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ogbaba123:
Great, do you hold an international license? I believe there’s some discount that comes with having the box tho.

Discounts plus big brother monitoring

Case in point

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2022
umarwy:

Case in point
Haba! 106mph, you wan kill person? shocked Them for even cancel the insurance sef. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
Anyone tried Liverpool Victoria?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The ijebu in me, would always take a wrong turn ....... wink

We like you like that don’t worry kiss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
Chreze:

I think when the money is much the greed level increases. Tho I have not had any of these issues. I have only used 2 or 3 people for p2p. there is one person i have been selling to since last year. If the person no de online I no de sell. The person de mostly de online weekend, so I just keep my sale to weekend. In fact some weekend the person fit no come and I go just let am go. I have had one near scam, But I immediately reported to binance when payment was not made and story won start de enter the transaction. £1500 And yes, it was a Nigerian person. I no even do my country person with am, I just report immediately when him story of bank delay and all that start.

My advice to the anyone wey won do UK P2P is to avoid 3rd party payment and do small transaction (£300 to £500 max). Read the peson intro and make sure say the person self no want 3rd party payment. So that you can always present the binance trade chat as proof of trading transaction. Too many greedy people.

This is the reason Binance froze many Nigerian accounts........

Rather than Nigerian's facing the realities on ground, they opened a hashtag, accusing Binance of fraud.......

Binance released a press statement, that silenced them forever............ grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:30pm On Apr 11, 2022
Mamatukwas:

We like you like that don’t worry kiss

Thank you ...... I go prepare ikokore for you ......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:33pm On Apr 11, 2022
dustydee:

Haba! 106mph, you wan kill person? shocked Them for even cancel the isurance sef. tongue

Imagine been on the motorway, no traffic, no potholes, no marked police vehicles in sight, no camera's and you secretly hope no undercover unmarked vehicles .........

Your right leg, would continually keep tempting you ...... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 9:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

This is the reason Binance froze many Nigerian accounts........

Rather than Nigerian's facing the realities on ground, they opened a hashtag, accusing Binance of fraud.......

Binance released a press statement, that silenced them forever............ grin

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ogbaba123: 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lmao. Bros nawa for you
I do 80 mph sometimes and keep checking my mail box for the next few days.

umarwy:

Case in point

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2022
dustydee:

Haba! 106mph, you wan kill person? shocked Them for even cancel the isurance sef. tongue

Bad belle

I am still with the same insurance.

Now I know there threshold is 100mph so I set my speed limiter appropriately.

Can't wait to get my 6.3 ltr AMG cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ogbaba123:
Lmao. Bros nawa for you
I do 80 mph sometimes and keep checking my mail box for the next few days.

Waze all the way, tags all police and speed cameras.

So it's relatively safe.

I am too much of a speed freak. I didn't leave naija roads to come and do 70mph. I dey soon move go Germany, then space
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2022
umarwy:

Bad belle

I am still with the same insurance.

Now I know there threshold is 100mph so I set my speed limiter appropriately.

Can't wait to get my 6.3 ltr AMG cheesy

Just wave bye bye to your licence........ You know say we have unmarked police vehicles, they would race with you, gather evidence and prosecute you ........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2022
umarwy:

Waze all the way, tags all police and speed cameras.

So it's relatively safe.

I am too much of a speed freak. I didn't leave naija roads to come and do 70mph. I dey soon move go Germany, then space

Even on the Autobahn, life no get duplicate........ Have you ever driven on the Autobahn ?..? Nah you go calm down. ....... wink

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Imagine been on the motorway, no traffic, no potholes, no marked police vehicles in sight, no camera's and you secretly hope no undercover unmarked vehicles .........

Your right leg, would continually keep tempting you ...... wink

I feel the need.........
........... The need for speed.

Driving in a straight line is fairly easy. The hard part is stopping/slowing down appropriately, existing motorway etc.

Doing 60-70 on a 40-50 exit gives me joy.

NB

Don't try this at home. I have extensive driving experience and I don't do it unless necessary.

You can have mechanical failure and no matter your experience/skill you will still crash.

Village People.

Who is close to buxton or three sisters grin I am asking for a friend
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Even on the Autobahn, life no get duplicate........ Have you ever driven on the Autobahn ?..? Nah you go calm down. ....... wink

Not yet oh,

I look forward to the day, I will get on with my super/turbo charged honda or a Toyota gt86

Something must kill a man

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.