Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169242 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 8:01am On Apr 26, 2022
Please anyone here booked a LHR-LOS-LHR flight on Wakanow before paying in Naira? Was it seamless? I can see some really good prices on their site and I want to travel to Naija.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 8:12am On Apr 26, 2022
There's one in London, if it's closer to you.
gistbite:

Thank you very much. I'm in England, I will have to brave the Manchester crowd.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 8:31am On Apr 26, 2022
dubaiprince:
Please anyone here booked a LHR-LOS-LHR flight on Wakanow before paying in Naira? Was it seamless? I can see some really good prices on their site and I want to travel to Naija.
it is seamless but please be certain on/of your travel dates, once the ticket is purchased, changes are not friendly with them. That’s the only con.
Otherwise ticket will be issued as soon as the money is seen and/or ffg communication to them via whatsapp.
Then klm/airfrance/lufthansa require transit visa except you possess japan/canada/usa visas

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 8:55am On Apr 26, 2022
Aphrodite007:

Tell him to Google scrum dot org scrum master certification. Read the scrum guide inside out, use the practice test on the website and ensure to score 100% in three consecutive tries before paying to do the real test. It may not be easy to become a scrum master with accounting background (may be easier to go into Non-tech BA), but he should give it a try and follow loads of scrum masters on LinkedIn to imitate their journeys.

Product manager? It’s the highest level lol, you didn’t even start with product owner that’s less complicated- I like your dreams and wish you well (nothing beyond God).

I hope you get the hint and start with Product owner wink (repeat the steps above).
Welcome back ma'am. We no see your brake light recently. I hope you are doing good.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 9:24am On Apr 26, 2022
giselle237:
it is seamless but please be certain on/of your travel dates, once the ticket is purchased, changes are not friendly with them. That’s the only con.
Otherwise ticket will be issued as soon as the money is seen and/or ffg communication to them via whatsapp.
Then klm/airfrance/lufthansa require transit visa except you possess japan/canada/usa visas

Thanks a lot. I have the date on lockdown (i already have my leave approved) and booking the ticket would further lock it lol. It is virgin atlantic
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 9:31am On Apr 26, 2022
Fayzdream:

Thank you very much... Seen the link.

Actually there are product owners/product manager courses. That's the name the courses I know of are tagged. Doing one on udemy presently.

The only accepted po certificate is from scrum (because scrum made the term PO) other agile framework adopted it. But if you want to do other courses to get the certification- sure do you.

There’s no acceptable PM body (at least in the Uk), but if you believe the course you’re doing on Udemy will be used by recruiters, sure do you.

Also, PMs are previously very experienced BAs, POs, DMs, Agile Coaches, Prject Mgrs. there is no direct path to PM unless you start as a junior (not many companies employ junior roles).

P.S; in the UK (unlike America) certificates don’t get you a job, experience does. Certificates only give you the knowledge you need to answer interview questions well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 9:33am On Apr 26, 2022
dustydee:

Welcome back ma'am. We no see your brake light recently. I hope you are doing good.

grin I port go another thread lol my time in the UK is numbered, I don dey eye another country. Hehe

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 9:39am On Apr 26, 2022
Aphrodite007:

The only accepted po certificate is from scrum (because scrum made the term PO) other agile framework adopted it. But if you want to do other courses to get the certification- sure do you.

There’s no acceptable PM body (at least in the Uk), but if you believe the course you’re doing on Udemy will be used by recruiters, sure do you.

Also, PMs are previously very experienced BAs, POs, DMs, Agile Coaches, Prject Mgrs. there is no direct path to PM unless you start as a junior (not many companies employ junior roles).

P.S; in the UK (unlike America) certificates don’t get you a job, experience does. Certificates only give you the knowledge you need to answer interview questions well.

I can't imagine someone going straight to Pm... that person will struggle and feel very overwhelmed

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 9:46am On Apr 26, 2022
Mamatukwas:

There’s something about the smell of new books that is irreplaceable.

You are right, same here, I love books, I read a lot an have got loads of them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 10:41am On Apr 26, 2022
Ticha:

Burnham on Sea is lovely and very very quiet. Full of mainly retirees so be prepared to have people talk and talk and talk to you. There are few BAME in general. We have holidayed there quite a bit as it's very close to Bristol

But I am not seeing ensuite House for rent in that area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 10:50am On Apr 26, 2022
Aphrodite007:

in the UK (unlike America) certificates don’t get you a job, experience does. Certificates only give you the knowledge you need to answer interview questions well.

Anywhere in the world I believe except it is a pre requisite like medical licence, pilot licence etc.

So while taking the course, don't do it with the mindset that once you present the certificate they will take you. Do it to know it. If someone without certificate answer interview questions pass you they will drop you for the person.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 10:57am On Apr 26, 2022
Does paypal pay in 3 do a hard or soft credit check before approval? Does anyone know please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:14am On Apr 26, 2022
Viruses:
Does paypal pay in 3 do a hard or soft credit check before approval? Does anyone know please?

Soft . .......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 11:23am On Apr 26, 2022
Well, I informed the forum last week that I would be keeping you updated this week on my Driving Theory test which I failed last week and paid for it to be retaken this week… Look no further, I DID WELL TODAY…. Now on to practical… Anyone with guidance on how to excel on the practical should not endeavor to share..

Gratitude to the man that suggest I buy The Yellow Theory Test Pro, it seems as though they copied from the app to the website… grin grin grin

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2022
Aphrodite007:

grin I port go another thread lol my time in the UK is numbered, I don dey eye another country. Hehe
O why nah. Please try and get your ILR if possible. Did you get the tier 1 exceptional stuff?
On a lighter note, that will be one less tax payer to help with the UK's debt repayment. grin

I can't wait to leave too. undecided
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 11:39am On Apr 26, 2022
MadeMen4Life:
Well, I informed the forum last week that I would be keeping you updated this week on my Driving Theory test which I failed last week and paid for it to be retaken this week… Look no further, I DID WELL TODAY…. Now on to practical… Anyone with guidance on how to excel on the practical should not endeavor to share..

Gratitude to the man that suggest I buy The Yellow Theory Test Pro, it seems as though they copied from the app to the website… grin grin grin

Please share the actual link for the app or take a picture, I'm seeing a number of yellow app on playstore
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 11:53am On Apr 26, 2022
Rubyventures:

You are right, same here, I love books, I read a lot an have got loads of them.
Any good to read book recommendations?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
MadeMen4Life:

I bought one too for 4.49 theory 4 in 1 as it was recommended here. Is that one okay too? Make person no go just dey waste money anyhow
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
It cost 4.49£
tushqueen:

Please share the actual link for the app or take a picture, I'm seeing a number of yellow app on playstore

7 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2022
dustydee:

O why nah. Please try and get your ILR if possible. Did you get the tier 1 exceptional stuff?
On a lighter note, that will be one less tax payer to help with the UK's debt repayment. grin

I can't wait to leave too. undecided

Haha yeah one less tax payer. I considered getting lawyers to try again, but they said that I’ll need to be in the country for another 5 years with the route I’ll take. Been here 7 years now, I’m not interested in being classed a temporary for another 5 years lol. I can’t keep being used for tax purposes only to be discarded if they change immigration rules cheesy

To be honest, it’s just because I don’t like it here and want to try something different. Staying is not hard.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2022
Viruses:

Anywhere in the world I believe except it is a pre requisite like ;Medical licence, pilot licence etc.

So while taking the course, don't do it with the mindset that once you present the certificate they will take you. Do it to know it. If someone without certificate answer interview questions pass you they will drop you for the person.

3 cartons of stout for you!!

I’ve been on panels where they even deduct marks from candidates that have certificates and fail basic interview questions grin

After such interviews, you’ll hear conversations like, “how do they have a scrum certification and not know know the time box for dailies?.. how’s that possible!” �

Please people learn the knowledge when doing the certificate- digest it. Apply it to your normal everyday life, and interviews will be a breeze.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
Aphrodite007:

Haha yeah one less tax payer. I considered getting lawyers to try again, but they said that I’ll need to be in the country for another 5 years with the route I’ll take. Been here 7 years now, I’m not interested in being classed a temporary for another 5 years lol. I can’t keep being used for tax purposes only to be discarded if they change immigration rules cheesy

To be honest, it’s just because I don’t like it here and want to try something different. Staying is not hard.

It's actually 3 more years, if you go by the 10 year route. I did the same and including Tier4, used the 10 year route.
I also don't like it here. Just found out recently that a former colleague has moved to Canada after getting his citizenship. I wonder why.
Whichever route you choose, I wish you the best and please keep checking up on us.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
LagosismyHome:

I can't imagine someone going straight to Pm... that person will struggle and feel very overwhelmed

Very true. Even me that I’m experienced, I space out at times.

It’s demanding because all the tech professionals are “technically” working for you, so you have to be ahead of them, be knowledgeable enough to guide/lead them and be influential enough to “control” executives.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bakol: 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
Dear Experts in the house,

A 3-bedroom flat of GBP959-GBP1100 is needed in EXETER area.

Kindly help if you have any better information that aid the rentage asap. This is needed very urgently.

God bless you all for your kind feedback in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 2:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
Aphrodite007:

This.
Newspapers don dey halla about the number of "African and Asians" being allowed in under this government under current immigration procedures, another change of rules is possible at some point in the near future.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by keneryhark(m): 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
Good day everyone, me and my wife intends to relocate to the UK through the student pathway. From our calculation the amount needed for our prove of fund is #16,866,600. We have a guaranteed accomodation. If we are able to prove we have an accommodation, can the amount required for prove of fund be reduced when apply for Visa? Anyone with a link of who can help with the prove of fund? Kindly quote me with your answer 08059290962
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2022
Viruses:
Thank you.
Make I no bother, I'm not sure it will be approved because it is my Nigerian address that is still there. I have not been able to change it. Be like na to close am open another account now seff.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
mimilyrics:
There's one in London, if it's closer to you.
Manchester is closer to me smiley thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obitryce(m): 5:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
Any pounds for sale? Be needing £800 at a good rate?
@Omopapa
@Mamatukwas and Co..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adapapaokoye: 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
Goodevening
Please I am confused and need guidance
I want to open a Junior ISA and I am stucked inbetween going to my bank Natwest or opening with Nutmeg

My baby already has his account linked to mine because of his age
Should I leave the money in his account or open a junior ISA for him?

If I decide to go for Nutmeg
Which investment style to use?
I was given the option of
*fully managed
*Smart Alpa
*Socially responsible
*fixed allocation

What is the best option?
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2022
Viruses:

Thank you.
Make I no bother, I'm not sure it will be approved because it is my Nigerian address that is still there. I have not been able to change it. Be like na to close am open another account now seff.

Don't close the account. Dig into it or reach out to them to change the address. I did something similar a few years ago, but can't remember the process, though I remember it was unnecessarily complicated. I think they'd request for proof of address to change it. Email support.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by donogaga(m): 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
Zimzee:
Happy Sunday y'all, I am currently on a student visa that will expire in January. I came in September 2021 and I am done with class work and assessments, just working on my dissertation. I got a sponsorship job and the are ready to issue me COS to switch immediately. Please will there be an implications if I switch now? And secondly the care home is asking for administrative fee of £250 to issue COS. Please kindly help me clarify on the two issues.

You are one lucky dude.

If the sponsorship job is genuine, then I will advise you quickly pay the administrative fee. A lot of people are looking for this opportunity.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.