Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1171470 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 5:46am On May 14, 2022
I shared my Amex credit card referral link here and someone used it. Thank you. The person got 10,000 avios and I was given 6,000.

Let me plug it here again

[url]http://amex.co.uk/refer/oLoHUAFKgk?XL=MIANS [/url]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 6:21am On May 14, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by STENON(f): 7:38am On May 14, 2022
JustJoyous:
Hi Everyone,

Happy to be here.
I am a new mum currently out of work.

I am home all day/night, so I would like to offer babysitting services for those who need it. Drop offs will be ideal.

Taking care of my baby has given me ample experience and I will love to extend that to your little ones as well.

Please send me a message if you're interested.

Congratulations on your Baby.
Please Join childcare.co.uk
Alternatively you can take some childminding courses just to improve your skills or you can look into after school childminding too.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 8:21am On May 14, 2022
Just to highlight that for places like the UK, a bit of specifics goes a long way. Yet, not too specific. #BalancingAct
Something like ... strong IT and Computer skills ... might come off in varying ways.
... Office productivity computer skills and IT troubleshooting skills
... Technical support skills and 'Office' type skills
... Strong in PC skills and use of computer applications
... ...
However, I do understand that you might be trying to convey a message that you are adept in technical side of IT (installing, configuring, troubleshooting of Windows 10/11, Azure/AWS/Goggle cloud, Exchange, LAN networking Cisco/Huawei/Juniper routers & switches ...) and use of computer (Office2021/365, desktop publishing MS Publishing/Adobe InDesign/Inkscape ...)

NB: I take note that you've reached out to Aphrodite007 where you're specific on Scrum. That's more like it. All the best.

lightnlife:
... Please, how can an inexperienced person make an entry into these roles?
I have strong IT and Computer skills, and Scrum training and certification.
Any helpful link, guide or resource would be helpful.
Thanks
lightnlife:
Hello Aphrodite007,
May I humbly request a space in your mentorship scheme? Trying to make an entry into the tech space. I recently completed my Scrum Master training. ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 10:39am On May 14, 2022
Someone used my Amex ref this morning and I earned 32k avois shocked shocked I’m shook!! How much did you earn please? I’m still here wondering if it’s a consolidation or something.

Thank God I opened my mouth oh. Wawu. Please the link is still http://amex.co.uk/refer/uGONNCjkWY?XL=MIMNS if anyone wants to apply for Amex CC. Thank youuuuu kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:42am On May 14, 2022
DeeOneBangin:

Bros DSTV channels dey?

This one I am testing, get DSTV ............ grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:09am On May 14, 2022
For we IPTV lovers....... I have fully tested and settled ......

This package get full DSTV + over 18,589 other channels.

You don't need a firestick (if your TV is on the Android platform)..... All for $24 per annum...... cheesy

24 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 11:11am On May 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

This package get full DSTV + over 15000 other channel.

You don't need a firestick...... All for $24 per annum...... cheesy
Interested
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:12am On May 14, 2022
onecoder:

Interested

Send me WhatsApp message......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 11:28am On May 14, 2022
Please explain this Credit Care in a simple language to me

Mamatukwas:

Someone used my Amex ref this morning and I earned 32k avois shocked shocked I’m shook!! How much did you earn please? I’m still here wondering if it’s a consolidation or something.

Thank God I opened my mouth oh. Wawu. Please the link is still http://amex.co.uk/refer/uGONNCjkWY?XL=MIMNS if anyone wants to apply for Amex CC. Thank youuuuu kiss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:35am On May 14, 2022
ybahrbz91:
Please explain this Credit Care in a simple language to me

It's like a loan always on standby ......... Is this simple enough........... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 11:46am On May 14, 2022
Chief Lexus...Yes

Lexusgs430:

It's like a loan always on standby ......... Is this simple enough........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Uk2020: 11:48am On May 14, 2022
ayodebola:
Wow! Thank you so much for this lead uk2020. I will work on this. Hope you won't mind me sending a DM if I require further information? Thanks bros. I appreciate.

Please, feel free.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 4:02pm On May 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

How do I go about this please?
I have a Samsung smart TV.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obioraval(m): 4:14pm On May 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:
If you love the sound of free £20.00...... Use this referral link to open a Chase Bank account......

We both receive £20.00 each.......

New generational banks are doing well..... Open from the comfort of your home/phone..........

You also receive 1% cashback every time you spend, using your card .. .....

Hey, want to join me at Chase UK? We'll both get £20 when you join and pay in £20. Get started: https://link.go.chase/emNK/refer?code=6xuTgRom.

I used your referral code and I've gotten my reward �
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:15pm On May 14, 2022
obioraval:

I used your referral code and I've gotten my reward �

We nah talk and do ....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:16pm On May 14, 2022
Viruses:

How do I go about this please?
I have a Samsung smart TV.
Thanks

For others that have smart TV"s that are not android based.......

A firestick would be required........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:21pm On May 14, 2022
Open a Chase UK bank account and enjoy free £20.00....

Open from the comfort of your home/smartphone/sofa ......... cheesy

I also receive a £20.00 bonus ...........

Hey, want to join me at Chase UK? We'll both get £20 when you join and pay in £20. Get started: https://link.go.chase/emNK/refer?code=6xuTgRom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 4:33pm On May 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

For others that have smart TV"s that are not android based.......

A firestick would be required........
I can get from Amazon. What next after getting it?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 5:41pm On May 14, 2022
Boss Abeg plug me make I add am to my Arsenal
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 5:44pm On May 14, 2022
Baba Nla I need am too…. How do I get your contact? Thanks
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 6:47pm On May 14, 2022
Thank you for the insight.

This is so helpful.

semmyk:
Just to highlight that for places like the UK, a bit of specifics goes a long way. Yet, not too specific. #BalancingAct
Something like ... strong IT and Computer skills ... might come off in varying ways.
... Office productivity computer skills and IT troubleshooting skills
... Technical support skills and 'Office' type skills
... Strong in PC skills and use of computer applications
... ...
However, I do understand that you might be trying to convey a message that you are adept in technical side of IT (installing, configuring, troubleshooting of Windows 10/11, Azure/AWS/Goggle cloud, Exchange, LAN networking Cisco/Huawei/Juniper routers & switches ...) and use of computer (Office2021/365, desktop publishing MS Publishing/Adobe InDesign/Inkscape ...)

NB: I take note that you've reached out to Aphrodite007 where you're specific on Scrum. That's more like it. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 7:20pm On May 14, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Send me WhatsApp message......

What the country code?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by domin8(f): 7:33pm On May 14, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Please, I need advice on how best to use the Amex Card. It is not being accepted by many retailers. Spoke to one of the PayPoint attendants and he mentioned it is because of the high transaction charge to them when compared with Visa and Mastercard.

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 14, 2022
domin8:

Please, I need advice on how best to use the Amex Card. It is not being accepted by many retailers. Spoke to one of the PayPoint attendants and he mentioned it is because of the high transaction charge to them when compared with Visa and Mastercard.

Thanks!
That's one challenge I had with this amex
What I did was to link with PayPal and gpay.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by domin8(f): 7:52pm On May 14, 2022
onecoder:

That's one challenge I had with this amex
What I did was to link with PayPal and gpay.

Linked with GPay, but my phone doesn't have an NFC so I can only use it online. Will see what I can do with paypal.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 8:34pm On May 14, 2022
domin8:

Thanks!

Which merchants accept Amex?
There are now more than 35,000 U.K. retailers that accept payment by an American Express card. Here are some of the key places. Note that these are the places where you are most are likely spend the majority of your money:

All major supermarkets (including Lidl, Aldi, Morrisons, Ocado and Iceland);
Most restaurant chains including Nando’s and Domino’s, all but the smallest independents, though the higher the menu is priced, the more likely they will accept American Express;
Uber, Uber Eats, Just Eat and Deliveroo;
All Bar One, Greene King and Wetherspoons pubs;
Petrol stations;
Train travel (London Underground, National Rail, Eurostar);
Most major airlines, even low-cost carriers like EasyJet and Ryanair;
The Post Office;
Major high street retailers;
Amazon;
Argos;
B&Q;
Lego;
Boots;
Some utility providers including Bulb and Octopus Energy;
eBay;
Poundland;
Subscriptions (like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Spotify); and
Almost everywhere else online (most places online accept Amex, and often when they don’t, use an Amex linked to a Paypal account where possible).
In fact, only the smallest corner shop-type retailers hold out against American Express. But these days, it’s rare that even these guys won’t take your card.

I was surprised on a visit to Leeds that even the Mr Whippy van in Roundhay Park accepted Amex.

Bottom line
American Express is not difficult to use, so let your fears melt away. Just be prepared for some of those corner shop purchases, which may not take it. If this is the case you may wish to have a non-American Express card in your wallet as a backup.

But there’s no need for acceptance to stand between you and earning points.

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/busting-nobody-accepts-amex-myth/

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 9:41pm On May 14, 2022
Good evening my people, pls help me clear my confusion o.

I already booked a flight for 26th of May traveling to Netherlands from Glasgow but connecting via Dublin after few hours at same terminal 2 with the hope I can use my BRP and Naija passport but got the shocker that I will need transit visa because am traveling with Nigerian passport (as Nigerian. only British citizen don’t need transit visa).

I mailed Irish immigration and got a general mail confirming the above. I called the airline and was told I didn’t need transit visa but was advised to check IATA web.
I don’t think I can meet up with the visa process going by my travel date. I only hope I can get right information to know what to do next. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.