Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,306 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177478 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:14pm On May 14, 2022
LagosismyHome:

What the country code?

Nigeria......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:15pm On May 14, 2022
No jokes...... I would need a secretary to deal with this IPTV lovers request......

Over 45 requests so far ......... We like better thing o ..... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:18pm On May 14, 2022
domin8:

Linked with GPay, but my phone doesn't have an NFC so I can only use it online. Will see what I can do with paypal.

Use your Amex card to order a Google Pixel 6 Pro ....... cheesy

It's got NFC ....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 10:31pm On May 14, 2022
kode12:
Has anyone done a Nigerian passport renewal? Any idea how long it takes, to get it returned?

I did and got my 10 year 64 page passport today which is exactly two weeks from appointment date.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 10:37pm On May 14, 2022
marylandcakes:

I did and got my 10 year 64 page passport today which is exactly two weeks from appointment date.

Nice!!! Thanks for the info. I paid for 10yrs two days ago as well. Unfortunately, my biometrics is at the end of June. Hopefully I see some cancellations.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 10:47pm On May 14, 2022
domin8:

Please, I need advice on how best to use the Amex Card. It is not being accepted by many retailers. Spoke to one of the PayPoint attendants and he mentioned it is because of the high transaction charge to them when compared with Visa and Mastercard.

Thanks!

I did mention it here that there are a few places that don’t accept Amex cards, sometimes it can be an inconvenience . You will always need another card as backup if you have an Amex card.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 10:58pm On May 14, 2022
kode12:

Nice!!! Thanks for the info. I paid for 10yrs two days ago as well. Unfortunately, my biometrics is at the end of June. Hopefully I see some cancellations.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 11:30pm On May 14, 2022
onecoder:

That's one challenge I had with this amex
What I did was to link with PayPal and gpay.

What everyone has said + Personally I use it in at least 95% of the places I shop regularly in including all Major Grocery Stores and retailers. The only place I shop from that doesn’t accept it is Matalan.

I think you will find it quite useful.

Cc @domin8
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by congressman101: 1:45am On May 15, 2022
Any IT person in here used this site for interview before ? C
https://www.codingame.com/start
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 2:13am On May 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

We nah talk and do ....... grin

I used it too, how long does it take to get the reward? I have way too many accounts now, this is my last.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:26am On May 15, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

I used it too, how long does it take to get the reward? I have way too many accounts now, this is my last.

Immediately....... If you have credited account with £20.00, check your reward section......... grin

Nagode........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:26am On May 15, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

If coutts offers £200 nko ......... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 4:38am On May 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Bankers to HMQ
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 5:37am On May 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:
No jokes...... I would need a secretary to deal with this IPTV lovers request......

Over 45 requests so far ......... We like better thing o ..... grin

Oga employ me and make it 46 requests. Coming to ya DM smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 5:46am On May 15, 2022
Mamatukwas:

What everyone has said + Personally I use it in at least 95% of the places I shop regularly in including all Major Grocery Stores and retailers. The only place I shop from that doesn’t accept it is Matalan.

I think you will find it quite useful.

Cc @domin8
I tried using it few weeks ago to buy Megabus ticket (online). It didn't work.
I also wanted to use it on wise.com. it said "this merchant does not support this payment method"
Thanks for the comment.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 5:55am On May 15, 2022
congressman101:

Any IT person in here used this site for interview before ? C
https://www.codingame.com/start
What kind of coding interview are you preparing for? Software engineering?
I know of blind 75 and design gurus.

https://designgurus.org/course/grokking-the-coding-interview

https://leetcode.com/discuss/general-discussion/460599/blind-75-leetcode-questions

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rabola1(f): 7:43am On May 15, 2022
Please any info on this, thanks

rabola1:
Good day, please I need info on applying for Dubai tourist visa from Uk. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Broomstick01: 8:08am On May 15, 2022
Maybe unrelated, but where do guys shop for wears pls?.

In stores are very low quality and expensive: jeans up to 35£ and dull looking
Online not that expensive and still wack. Boohooman, wish, amazon.

Possibly there are other places you guys shop.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 8:29am On May 15, 2022
Broomstick01:

Check sportsdirect or jdsports
They do have sales (like hoodies for £15)

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by alongetayo: 8:39am On May 15, 2022
babajeje123:

Oga, kindly share the link.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 9:07am On May 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I no dey open again

Abeg send your referral code, e be like this people wan take my 20 poun away.

Broomstick01:

Hey buy your jeans from primark but you go manage chaffing, so you go buy robb join grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 9:34am On May 15, 2022
lawali:
Good evening my people, pls help me clear my confusion o.

I already booked a flight for 26th of May traveling to Netherlands from Glasgow but connecting via Dublin after few hours at same terminal 2 with the hope I can use my BRP and Naija passport but got the shocker that I will need transit visa because am traveling with Nigerian passport (as Nigerian. only British citizen don’t need transit visa).

I mailed Irish immigration and got a general mail confirming the above. I called the airline and was told I didn’t need transit visa but was advised to check IATA web.
I don’t think I can meet up with the visa process going by my travel date. I only hope I can get right information to know what to do next. Thanks
Pls help respond to my question. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:01am On May 15, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

I no dey open again

Abeg send your referral code, e be like this people wan take my 20 poun away.

Hey, want to join me at Chase UK? We'll both get £20 when you join and pay in £20. Get started: https://link.go.chase/emNK/refer?code=6xuTgRom

Hey your jeans from primark but you go manage chaffing, so you go buy robb join grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:16am On May 15, 2022
lawali:

You don't need a transit visa, you need a schengen visa......

Your BRP is a localised permit, only granting you free access to the kingdom........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 10:25am On May 15, 2022
I don't think Ireland is part of Schengen o

Sounds like he's got a schengen visa

Lexusgs430:

Your BRP is a localised permit, only granting you free access to the kingdom........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 10:29am On May 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Thanks got the 20 now.. Den wan swindle me cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 11:36am On May 15, 2022
lawali:

I think you'll require a transit visa.
One alternative to consider is book 27th may and fly Ryanair to Eindhoven from Edinburgh. It starts at £17
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 12:06pm On May 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I have schengen visa to enter Amsterdam . The problem is potential need for transit visa at Dublin even with my UK BRP & Naija passport to connect flight at same terminal after few hours. The immigration rules are much confusing now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 12:09pm On May 15, 2022
Bourne007:
I don't think Ireland is part of Schengen o

Sounds like he's got a schengen visa

Yes, I have Schengen visa but Ireland in not part of Schengen. I thought the republic is part of UK.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 12:11pm On May 15, 2022
onecoder:

I think you'll require a transit visa.
One alternative to consider is book 27th may and fly Ryanair to Eindhoven from Edinburgh. It starts at £17

I will check the details for alternative if my actual flight didn’t work out. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 12:16pm On May 15, 2022
lawali:

Yes, I have Schengen visa but Ireland in not part of Schengen. I thought the republic is part of UK.
The Republic of Ireland is not part of the UK, nor is it part of Schengen. Hence the need for a transit visa for UK visa holders, post-Brexit.

Northern Ireland, however, is part of the UK. Hence the name United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adebayo82: 1:08pm On May 15, 2022
Good day everyone, I am planning for my dependent to join me latest July ending. They will go for biometric middle of June 2022.
Note; MA has travelled since January 2022 for 1 year Master and program will finish 13th January 2023. I hope we are on better side to get the visa granted as planned.

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.