Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,224 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177426 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 8:17pm On May 16, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If they lasted this long......... They would happily add another 80K miles.........

If you want a banger, you pay banger prices...... All you want is point A2B, not in style, but comfort........ grin

This cars in Nigeria, would sell for over ₦1,000,000..... cheesy

The inside of the first car shock me....lol. I haven't seen such a dated car interior in ages
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:21pm On May 16, 2022
LagosismyHome:

The inside of the first car shock me....lol. I haven't seen such a dated car interior in ages

You did not see the 55REG corolla......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:22pm On May 16, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Toyota, happily sold this brand new........ Once upon a time........... And people bought them with delight..... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 10:10pm On May 16, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:21pm On May 16, 2022
omopapa:
That Corolla no bad o

Not bad at all....... Looks very sporty and fashionable......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 11:03pm On May 16, 2022
Make una help me with what to do ooo…. I was at work on Friday when I got a message from DPD that my package has been delivered to my door, I was elated hoping to get home on time and open my Swag Box Package grin angry grin…. But to my surprise, I met nothing by my door. I asked my 3 neighbors cause I live in a flat, they all feigned ignorance… I called my landlord to explain situation of things, but his response was ‘ ask your neighbor ‘ and if they say they didn’t see anything, it’s probably the delivery guy stole back my package….

WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE, Egbami cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:32pm On May 16, 2022
MadeMen4Life:
Make una help me with what to do ooo…. I was at work on Friday when I got a message from DPD that my package has been delivered to my door, I was elated hoping to get home on time and open my Swag Box Package grin angry grin…. But to my surprise, I met nothing by my door. I asked my 3 neighbors cause I live in a flat, they all feigned ignorance… I called my landlord to explain situation of things, but his response was ‘ ask your neighbor ‘ and if they say they didn’t see anything, it’s probably the delivery guy stole back my package….

The law on long distance buying delivery states, your door must be open, when picture was taken.........

Your door was clearly shut ........ Go back to the retailer and ask for a refund.......

If they refuse, do a chargeback (debit card) or put in a section 75 claim (credit card)..... Assuming payment was over £100.00.......

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 12:16am On May 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Already receiving positive feedbacks from our lovers of IPTV .......... cheesy

People ask me, why I am not using this as a business venture, thus charging people extra ............

It's not everything we charge for....... grin cheesy Love exists in sharing information........ FREE....... cool

ENJOY .........
Thanks. I am one of those benefiting from this cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:35am On May 17, 2022
tshoboy:

Thanks. I am one of those benefiting from this cheesy

Congratulations........ Sky no get mouth for where we dey .......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Josh121(m): 12:59am On May 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Boss I just sent you PM, I am interested oo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 2:27am On May 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I am interested o! I just sent a dm.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 2:56am On May 17, 2022
MadeMen4Life:

You never signed for your parcel, so it wasn’t delivered to you instead it was placed in front of your door where other people apart from you have got access to. Contact the supplier and tell them you haven’t received your parcel. This is the reason people have cctv at their front.
I remember a time that I was expecting a parcel, all of a sudden I received an email that they tried to deliver it but no one was home. I phoned the company (ups). I didn’t argue with them, I just told them that I’ve been home, my place is so quiet that you can hear a pin drop, my door bell didn’t ring and it’s not faulty. Then I dropped the stinker “ just to let you know that I have got ring doorbell cctv” immediately the lady told me that the driver will be with me within the next 30mins. Within the next 20mins the door bell went the driver dropped the parcel and ran off before I could question him.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 6:20am On May 17, 2022
Thank you so much baba miii… I was really surprised not meeting anything by my door… I really assumed foul play there by DPD..

I use to watch video of packages being stolen by delivery people, but I assume it only happens in the US. There was a video of a delivery guy opening receivers box one time like that, stole everything inside the box and wrapped the box back before leaving it at the receivers door ( things like theses, I usually think happens in the US ).

I will follow your advice and might also visit the nearest DPD if that’s ideal. Thanks baba Lexus
Lexusgs430:

If they refuse, do a chargeback (debit card) or put in a section 75 claim (credit card)..... Assuming payment was over £100.00.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 6:22am On May 17, 2022
The mistake I made was Opting for “Deliver At My Door” in the delivery options…. Do I still stand a chance please?
phyl123:

You never signed for your parcel, so it wasn’t delivered to you instead it was placed in front of your door where other people apart from you have got access to. Contact the supplier and tell them you haven’t received your parcel. This is the reason people have cctv at their front.
him.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 7:01am On May 17, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Next or next clearance on their website. If you check the clearance section they put more stuff daily
I sent you a DM.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:10am On May 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If they lasted this long......... They would happily add another 80K miles......... With MOT and proper servicing/maintenance, a car would happily hit 300K miles........ cheesy

If you want a banger, you pay banger prices...... All you want is point A2B, not in style, but comfort........ grin

This cars in Nigeria, would sell for over ₦1,000,000..... cheesy

Those cars are even expensive for their yrs (manufacture date).

A 97 corolla would be 300 euros in Belgium or Holland. I always buy cars for my peeps from there.

Luxury cars are cheaper in auction houses in Lausanne, Switzerland where you can get a 2010 CLS for less than 8000 Euros

The only cheap vehicles worth buying in the UK are Peugeot 205's old versions and other old version vans that can be converted to left hand drive

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:45am On May 17, 2022
MadeMen4Life:
Thank you so much baba miii… I was really surprised not meeting anything by my door… I really assumed foul play there by DPD..

I use to watch video of packages being stolen by delivery people, but I assume it only happens in the US. There was a video of a delivery guy opening receivers box one time like that, stole everything inside the box and wrapped the box back before leaving it at the receivers door ( things like theses, I usually think happens in the US ).

I will follow your advice and might also visit the nearest DPD if that’s ideal. Thanks baba Lexus

You think say nah 9ja you dey .......... Don't bother visiting their office....... Delivery cannot be deemed executed ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:50am On May 17, 2022
MadeMen4Life:
The mistake I made was Opting for “Deliver At My Door” in the delivery options…. Do I still stand a chance please?

It should still be safely delivered, regardless...... Deliver at Door, not just drop at my door .......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:02am On May 17, 2022
WUdec:

Those cars are even expensive for their yrs (manufacture date).

A 97 corolla would be 300 euros in Belgium or Holland. I always buy cars for my peeps from there.

Luxury cars are cheaper in auction houses in Lausanne, Switzerland where you can get a 2010 CLS for less than 8000 Euros

The only cheap vehicles worth buying in the UK are Peugeot 205's old versions and other old version vans that can be converted to left hand drive

Luxury vehicles are also cheap in the UK...... You get a bargain at purchase point, but get hit at the point of maintenance........

Why would anyone seeking a bargain, buy a relic lion .......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 8:49am On May 17, 2022
[quote author=erico2k2 post=112703388][/quote]

It depends on which part, if you want to live in the rough parts , then the nicer parts of Hammersmith are more expensive.

Every borough has got its good and bad parts.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 9:03am On May 17, 2022
umarwy:

Can this be a cash transactions
I sent you a DM. Kindly respond
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 9:43am On May 17, 2022
grin grin cheesy No be lie, I still dey think say na naija I dey grin grin
Lexusgs430:

You think say nah 9ja you dey .......... Don't bother visiting their office....... Delivery cannot be deemed executed ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 11:45am On May 17, 2022
I’ve just checked the CCTV with my landlord now, lo and behold, the guy in the picture stole my package…. My flat has a kinda touch key that opens the front door, every tenant has a fob kinda key, the landlord reiterate that isn’t a tenant. How did the guy entered, I don’t know…. I’ve been calling police number since but it’s just been on hold… Mehn, I’m flabbergasted. UK is a jungle too, not much different from 9ja….

Imagine someone just bringing Ghana must go bag to raid peoples flat for delivery… I will follow this case to the end… I will be visiting police station every day… The swag box cost me a lot…

I’m really pained

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yolkman20: 12:27pm On May 17, 2022
MadeMen4Life:
I’ve just checked the CCTV with my landlord now, lo and behold, the guy in the picture stole my package…. My flat has a kinda touch key that opens the front door, every tenant has a fob kinda key, the landlord reiterate that isn’t a tenant. How did the guy entered, I don’t know…. I’ve been calling police number since but it’s just been on hold… Mehn, I’m flabbergasted. UK is a jungle too, not much different from 9ja….

Imagine someone just bringing Ghana must go bag to raid peoples flat for delivery… I will follow this case to the end… I will be visiting police station every day… The swag box cost me a lot…

I’m really pained

Omo, mo fo o

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 12:38pm On May 17, 2022
Oju ole re!!!
Someone must have allowed him in. Maybe you should share the photos with all your flatmates. Post his photo on the wall. Someone must know him.
MadeMen4Life:
I’ve just checked the CCTV with my landlord now, lo and behold, the guy in the picture stole my package…. My flat has a kinda touch key that opens the front door, every tenant has a fob kinda key, the landlord reiterate that isn’t a tenant. How did the guy entered, I don’t know….

I’m really pained

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 12:47pm On May 17, 2022
I only need some permission from the landlord, I intend posting his picture on the flat meter board which is by the entrance so every tenant could be aware of him, and if he’s being supported by any flatmate as well, they shall be aware….
dupyshoo:
Oju ole re!!!
Someone must have allowed him in. Maybe you should share the photos with all your flatmates. Post his photo on the wall. Someone must know him.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OkanlawonB(m): 12:49pm On May 17, 2022
MadeMen4Life:

I’m really pained
Your writeup clearly shows that you don't know the reality of the UK as regards the level and rate of crime. You should be more concerned about your personal safety because those perpetrating these crimes may be dangerous. Knife Attacks on the slightest provocation is not uncommon. Wish more may be commented on this so that those just coming in will know how to go about safeguarding themselves and their wards in such situations.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 2:14pm On May 17, 2022
MadeMen4Life:
I only need some permission from the landlord, I intend posting his picture on the flat meter board which is by the entrance so every tenant could be aware of him, and if he’s being supported by any flatmate as well, they shall be aware….

Be care ooo. To stab in this country no dey hard . So what if he annoyed that you shamed him publicly and stab you . . He can plan the stabbing that nobody will ever know it is him. Many knife death just ends up in voice mail. You would have then died for nothing

You just note that he a theif, no need for that posting picture
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 2:15pm On May 17, 2022
OkanlawonB:

Your writeup clearly shows that you don't know the reality of the UK as regards the level and rate of crime. You should be more concerned about your personal safety because those perpetrating these crimes may be dangerous. Knife Attacks on the slightest provocation is not uncommon. Wish more may be commented on this so that those just coming in will know how to go about safeguarding themselves and their wards in such situations.

Just seeing this comment on Knife attack...so so spot on
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 3:20pm On May 17, 2022
http://amex.co.uk/refer/cHINWN7Jmu?XL=MNANS

Plugging in my Amex referral. You get 10,000 avios on sign up when you spend up to £1k in 3 months
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Missposh: 3:32pm On May 17, 2022
Please is the amex card approval immediately, or do I have to wait a while to confirm approval?

TheGuyFromHR:

Interest-free periods vary.
Some card issuers offer up to 2 1/2 years interest free.
There are also balance transfer cards, through which you can transfer accumulated debt from one card to another, some of which also offer long interest-free periods.

In theory, you could buy an item on a credit card (for instance brand new PCs, phones or the proverbial Nairaland student's car in the region of £1k, using a money transfer card) and not pay a penny in interest other than the minimum monthly payment/money transfer fee on that debt for up to 3 1/2 years if you really wanted to.

As has been previously pointed out, all credit is debt, so ......

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.