Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,175 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176613 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Afmaag123: 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
I have pounds too and lemonade rate is quite low.
Oggg:
what do you need pounds or naira? meanwhile i have pounds
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 8:41pm On Jul 09, 2022
Eid Mubarak!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ayowolebami(f): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2022
koonbey:

This is false.

What exactly is false about it? Care to educate me better cause last I checked, doing internet search on a person of interest with search engine and using search result for your report on their case does not in any way breach any data privacy law.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Does he have a credit card ..............

Ancient Baba! I hail oooo, first of all, I dey gbadun my 1yr iptv on my 55” thanks once again boss.

Then to catch up on the initial convo, how does credit card help in visa applications.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2022
DeeOneBangin:

Ancient Baba! I hail oooo, first of all, I dey gbadun my 1yr iptv on my 55” thanks once again boss.

Then to catch up on the initial convo, how does credit card help in visa applications.

Me too dey enjoy my IPTV .......... The beauty of watching American, Canadian & UK versions of TV programmes, is a bliss ...... I am currently obsessed with Dr POL ......... grin

Assuming you have a credit card, with a spend limit of £4000....... That can be classified, spend money on visa applications.......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 12:00am On Jul 10, 2022
Afmaag123:
Please apart from Lemonade is there any other app with good rates for pounds exchange?.
OhentPay

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 12:28am On Jul 10, 2022
kode12:
People living in the south. Does anyone know good butchers? Somewhere you can buy a full goat, ram etc and have it killed and cut up for you?
Anywhere outside of London please.
Co-ask. I need to know where I can buy a full Ram meat here
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:35am On Jul 10, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Co-ask. I need to know where I can buy a full Ram meat here

Some farms offers this service.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:40am On Jul 10, 2022
Amarathripple0:

OhentPay

They are offering lower than lemonade .......... Rates are dropping .........

Maybe it's heading to ₦1 - £1 (buhari is working)....... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by abuhusna1: 2:57am On Jul 10, 2022
Osed:
Good evening all,

I just had my son in Canada, the mum is PR holder there and the son is entitled to a Canadian passport but we hold a work visa here in the UK.
Can my son come with the Canada passport and convert to the work visa when he arrives or needs to apply from Canada? Thanks for the answers
Get him a nigerian passport and apply for British visa for him base on your UK status
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Widall: 5:22am On Jul 10, 2022
Hi gurus, just to get clarity, I have got a tier 2 work visa. Working in the NHS, 40hrs/week.

Recently, I got a second job (care job) doing 36 hrs /week.

Seeing this updates from gov.uk website, hope I'm not breaking any rules?

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/second-job

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 6:06am On Jul 10, 2022
Na man you be. 76hrs/ week shocked

I believe you're breaking the rules. The screenshot indicates "up to 20hours"
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 10, 2022
Ayowolebami:

What exactly is false about it? Care to educate me better cause last I checked, doing internet search on a person of interest with search engine and using search result for your report on their case does not in any way breach any data privacy law.

https://www.securitywatchdog.org.uk/latest-news/2018/the-effect-of-gdpr-on-social-media-checking

Would take too long to give a breakdown of this particular situation but this should give a good overview. It's focused on employment screening but the same principles apply across board.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2022
Widall:
Hi gurus, just to get clarity, I have got a tier 2 work visa. Working in the NHS, 40hrs/week.

You are.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Munamoqel: 8:55am On Jul 10, 2022
Ameryx:
Hi all, I think I need a bit of encouragement. I moved to the UK on a student visa in December. Before relocating, I was doing quite well back home. Earned around 2-3m monthly profit after expenses from my business. In fact, I wanted to reward myself with a Range Rover Evoque (about 13m) then but Nigeria was in a bad state and I used up my savings to fund my relocation. I landed with high hopes, about £4000 in cash. The reason for my earlier statements is not to brag, but to show you that I was doing well, and I just felt coming here would be saner. I loved it here whenever I travel for vacation, so I was without doubt that life here would be easier.

To my main aim of writing, I think I am depressed. I could not find a job in my first 3 months here. The only job available that most students were doing was care, and I wasnt vaccinated, so I could not start. I eventually started in March and the job gives me a mental breakdown each time. I am on my feet for 11 hours, and get sent around by staff who feel they are better than agency workers, I get hit by residents, I have been racially abused several times ,I did it for 2 months and I had to quit.

I have looked for warehouse jobs, not been lucky. Even customer care work, they reject because of my visa status. I am fast losing it, there is so much my brain can take as a woman. Does anyone know how else I can get a job, I stay in Bradford, so anything around Leeds is fine. I can even work in Manchester if the pay is okay. Please help.
whooa did you close your business back home ? @2 to 3 million per month you are among the top earners even in the uk .that over 50k pounds net . Do don't deserve to be in care job and any low life job anymore cos you are blessed . please don't close your business back home .find a way for it to run without you physical presence .

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eldahray(m): 9:11am On Jul 10, 2022
elders in the house, does anyone here has car or airport pickup bus. location Gatwick airport
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 9:14am On Jul 10, 2022
Eldahray:
elders in the house, does anyone here has car or airport pickup bus. location Gatwick airport
Where are you going?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 9:14am On Jul 10, 2022
Somebody give me a chase link to open account with please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eldahray(m): 9:15am On Jul 10, 2022
walsall
jumpshot:

Where are you going?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2022
Eldahray:
walsall
Okay. Why don't you book a coach?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 9:23am On Jul 10, 2022
Gloriouscrown:

I did. Thanks a lot.

Hi. Give me your own link make I use open.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 9:27am On Jul 10, 2022
CheesyTee:

Just so you know, the refer a friend offer will be coming to an end at 11:59pm on Tuesday 7 June 2022.

Don't sleep on this!

AAAhhhhh
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Eldahray(m): 9:27am On Jul 10, 2022
thank you,will do that
jumpshot:

Okay. Why don't you book a coach?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ayowolebami(f): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2022
koonbey:

https://www.securitywatchdog.org.uk/latest-news/2018/the-effect-of-gdpr-on-social-media-checking

Would take too long to give a breakdown of this particular situation but this should give a good overview. It's focused on employment screening but the same principles apply across board.

I just read that "article" and it doesn't in any way speak to data privacy or violation of data privacy of anyone. It only emphasize on precautionary measures for employers who might use old post of applicants as a tool to shortlist them and put them at a disadvantage.

I was talking about data privacy and how whatever you post on your SM feeds can be accessed without breaking any law of data privacy.

The instance of internet search on a "person of interest" by an investigator is in no way related to this mere article on gimmicks of an employer to shortlist candidates.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 9:49am On Jul 10, 2022
Widall:

Your second employer will need to offer you sponsorship else you're limited to 20hrs.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 10, 2022
Ayowolebami:

I just read that "article" and it doesn't in any way speak to data privacy or violation of data privacy of anyone. It only emphasize on precautionary measures for employers who might use old post of applicants as a tool to shortlist them and put them at a disadvantage.

I was talking about data privacy and how whatever you post on your SM feeds can be accessed without breaking any law of data privacy.

The instance of internet search on a "person of interest" by an investigator is in no way related to this mere article on gimmicks of an employer to shortlist candidates.

Okay Ma.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by beejay1157: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2022
If you work for an agency 37 hrs, can u work for another agency more than 20 hours without needing sponsorship since it’s not Nhs?
kode12:

Your second employer will need to offer you sponsorship else you're limited to 20hrs.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oggg: 10:49am On Jul 10, 2022
I have pounds for exchange. If you need just let me know
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2022
beejay1157:
If you work for an agency 37 hrs, can u work for another agency more than 20 hours without needing sponsorship since it’s not Nhs?
If you're on a skilled work visa, (and/or health and care visa- not completely sure), if you take up a second job, and you're working more than 20hours, you need sponsorship. REGARDLESS of the employer
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
jumpshot:
Somebody give me a chase link to open account with please.

They have stopped the offer. Just go to playstore and download the app.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Me too dey enjoy my IPTV .......... The beauty of watching American, Canadian & UK versions of TV programmes, is a bliss ...... I am currently obsessed with Dr POL ......... grin

Assuming you have a credit card, with a spend limit of £4000....... That can be classified, spend money on visa applications.......... cheesy

Do you know if this iptv has Portuguese channels?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sholadele4: 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Happy sunday my people. I just recently moved to the the UK with my family. I need suggestion on the best and pocket-friendly data plan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.