Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176289 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Do you know if this iptv has Portuguese channels?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lastbornbuns: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
Pogracious:
Hello please

Who can give a plug to getting a police character certificate from Nigeria. I remember somebody mentioned it but can't place my hand on it right now.

Please assist.

Thanks
If you still need this, ask on the Canadian Express Entry thread. It has been shared severally there.. even the email format

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
sholadele4:
Happy sunday my people. I just recently moved to the the UK with my family. I need suggestion on the best and pocket-friendly data plan.

£20.00 + pcm for 100GB data bundle (is a fair deal)..... Loads of offers available........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2022
Widall:
Hi gurus, just to get clarity, I have got a tier 2 work visa. Working in the NHS, 40hrs/week.

Recently, I got a second job (care job) doing 36 hrs /week.

Seeing this updates from gov.uk website, hope I'm not breaking any rules?

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/second-job

They have no part-time considerations? Tell your oga you can only work 20 hours a week na. Life no hard. Wait so if them leave you, you will work 76 hours a week Nawa o

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

They have stopped the offer. Just go to playstore and download the app.

But I want free money embarassed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Me too dey enjoy my IPTV .......... The beauty of watching American, Canadian & UK versions of TV programmes, is a bliss ...... I am currently obsessed with Dr POL ......... grin

Assuming you have a credit card, with a spend limit of £4000....... That can be classified, spend money on visa applications.......... cheesy

Boss, I emailed through nairaland mail. Please help with the IPTV plug by responding. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
CheesyTee:

Boss, I emailed through nairaland mail. Please help with the IPTV plug by responding. Thank you

Send a WhatsApp message......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
kode12:

If you're on a skilled work visa, (and/or health and care visa- not completely sure), if you take up a second job, and you're working more than 20hours, you need sponsorship. REGARDLESS of the employer

Balance me real quick, are you suggesting working for two sponsorship jobs ?.

Do you mind posting an official link to back this up ?

I’d love to learn.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
sholadele4:
Happy sunday my people. I just recently moved to the the UK with my family. I need suggestion on the best and pocket-friendly data plan.

Three network(sim only plan) seem to be the cheapest.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
rayralph:

Balance me real quick, are you suggesting working for two sponsorship jobs ?.

Do you mind posting an official link to back this up ?

I’d love to learn.

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/print

2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hey! Get exclusive 50% off for 3 months on Lebara SIM Only deals with my link. Plans start from £2.50 for 2GB. http://aklam.io/eI6cva

There is an unlimited plan for £25 a month but you'll pay £12.50 for the 1st 3 months.

sholadele4:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Widall: 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
justwise:

You are.

What about this part?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
kode12:

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/print

Guess I missed that part.

Thank you for this
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yolkman20: 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
rayralph:

Three network(sim only plan) seem to be the cheapest.
terrible network. Network fluctuating every now and then. This is from my personal experience around SE London. I can't wait for this contract to end so I can opt out.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
yolkman20:

terrible network. Network fluctuating every now and then. This is from my personal experience around SE London. I can't wait for this contract to end so I can opt out.

Cant you opt out before the end of your contract?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Owoado(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
yolkman20:

I tried them recently and I opted out within 14days.....it was terrible
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Owoado(m): 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
hustla:

Cant you opt out before the end of your contract?
Technically you can, but you'll pay the price
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nineville(m): 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
tushqueen:
Please has anyone done biometrics at Nigerian house in London for passport renewal, I need the correct link to apply

Hello, can you share the exact link you eventually used? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Alkidam(m): 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hello house. Is there anyone here who has gotten a tier 2 visa changed from student visa...I really need someone who can put me through pls. I will so much appreciate
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hello house. Please can a nurse without a PIN start a second job as a home care worker? OSCE is in November and she can't wait that long.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Walatip222: 6:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
Baba, how can I get it.
Pls help a brother
Lexusgs430:

With this high cost of living........ Nah cost saving gear, person suppose engage.............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
jumpshot:
Hello house. Please can a nurse without a PIN start a second job as a home care worker? OSCE is in November and she can't wait that long.

Why not get a job with the trust, as a band 4 .........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
Walatip222:
Baba, how can I get it.
Pls help a brother

WA message......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 6:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Why not get a job with the trust, as a band 4 .........

yes she's working with the trust as band 4 but she got an offer for parttime home care worker. I'm wondering if it's safe.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
yolkman20:

Three is just like Glo, location dependent.

Three is always on 5G at home. Blazing fast like wild fire.

Based on my experience, Three is hardly reliable in densely populated area like city centers and metropolis.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
Widall:

What about this part?

Are we still operating under Covid-19 rules?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
jumpshot:

yes she's working with the trust as band 4 but she got an offer for parttime home care worker. I'm wondering if it's safe.

Let me be understanding you ........... grin

She wants to quit the trust, then get a job with a nursing/residential home ..........

Or combine both (I know say people wan work, like donkeys)....... The power of the £, vs the weak ₦ ........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Let me be understanding you ........... grin

She wants to quit the trust, then get a job with a nursing/residential home ..........

Or combine both (I know say people wan work, like donkeys)....... The power of the £, vs the weak ₦ ........ cheesy

Quit ke She wants to combine both
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nicerazor(m): 9:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hi all,
I’m currently in need of 1 bedroom/2bed apartment in Derby or Nottingham. Just got our visa approved and will be coming in by second week of August.
Family of 3 (2 adults and 1 yr old child)
If anyone can help with agent’s contact I will appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 9:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

baba make we talk. How e go be na cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
jumpshot:

Quit ke She wants to combine both

What sort of visa is she on ........

Una wan build that 9ja mansion finish ............ cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.