Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176007 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
ELff:
Please people of God, been trying to get a date for my practical driving test in Warwick but I can't seem to find one. I have checked up till next year June and still can't find a date. I booked a date in another center far from me, one of these villages in the hope to use these canceling apps to book a date and centre of choice but it's been a month now and nothing from gov.uk site and the cancelation apps either.

Seems like Warwick. Coventry, Birmingham and Nuneaton are fully booked.

Please any advise on how to move forward will be appreciated. This non driving is really limiting me.

Since you excluded we people of the devil, I have nothing to add. .......... wink

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eyesaswide: 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hello All,

Who knows any company that can help me waybill stuff from Uk to Nigeria at a good rate.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2022
ELff:
Please people of God, been trying to get a date for my practical driving test in Warwick but I can't seem to find one. I have checked up till next year June and still can't find a date. I booked a date in another center far from me, one of these villages in the hope to use these canceling apps to book a date and centre of choice but it's been a month now and nothing from gov.uk site and the cancelation apps either.

Seems like Warwick. Coventry, Birmingham and Nuneaton are fully booked.

Please any advise on how to move forward will be appreciated. This non driving is really limiting me.
which app are u using. I just passed my theory test today. Multiple choice 44/50, hazard perception 62/75. That 4in 1 app really helped me. Thanks to Nairalanders for recommending it. Need to book Practical asap

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
eyesaswide:
Hello All,

Who knows any company that can help me waybill stuff from Uk to Nigeria at a good rate.
cc mamatukwas

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 10:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
eyesaswide:
Hello All,

there are few people in Dagenham in East London that dos it in Bags GMA
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Thehilah4jesus: 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2022
I know a very reliable company that cargo from uk to nigeria and from Nigeria to the uk at very reasonable cost.

*B&Y ROYAL GLOBAL INVESTMENT LTD*
*B&Y ROYAL CARGO SERVICES*

*MANCHESTER OFFICE*
KINGSTON MILL BUILDING UNIT 15&16, 26 COBDEN STREET SALFORD M6 6WF MANCHESTER. 07450834606, 07886491344

*OPENING TIMES:*
MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9AM TO 5PM
CLOSED WEEKEND AND OTHERS BANK HOLIDAYS

quote author=eyesaswide post=114706132]Hello All,

Who knows any company that can help me waybill stuff from Uk to Nigeria at a good rate.[/quote]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by RalphJean: 12:32am On Jul 14, 2022
eyesaswide:
Hello All,

Have you heard of @MamaTukwas?
MamaTukwas is Tested & Trusted.
She comes with my highest recommendation.
[There May be other good folks too, but I can only speak from personal experience]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 12:40am On Jul 14, 2022
eyesaswide:
Hello All,

We can help. Kindly send a pm.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 12:40am On Jul 14, 2022
RalphJean:

Have you heard of @MamaTukwas?
MamaTukwas is Tested & Trusted.
She comes with my highest recommendation.
[There May be other good folks too, but I can only speak from personal experience]

Thank you so much Sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nineville(m): 2:28am On Jul 14, 2022
nineville:

Hello, can you share the exact link you eventually used for passport renewal? Thanks

Can I have the website link for passport renewal, please? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ELff: 6:37am On Jul 14, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

If you have a driving instructor ask them if they can sort it for you.

Okay I will ask him. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ELff: 6:40am On Jul 14, 2022
mex551:
which app are u using. I just passed my theory test today. Multiple choice 44/50, hazard perception 62/75. That 4in 1 app really helped me. Thanks to Nairalanders for recommending it. Need to book Practical asap

I'm using testi and Driving Test Now, I paid for premium on both apps. I have moved past the theory stage. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunoj: 6:49am On Jul 14, 2022
beejay1157:
Hello house, help me look at this, my COS has been ready since April, I lost my old passport in May ending. I got my new passport today. My concern is, i hope there won’t be an issue of slight difference of Data page on my Cos, tb test certificate and my new passport( date of issue, expiry date)?
What do u mean by slight difference?

The old passport number is somewhere on the new one. U got no worries except there is a change in the bio data which you have to explain as additional info in your application.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pogracious: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
ELff:

I'm using testi and Driving Test Now, I paid for premium on both apps. I have moved past the theory stage. Thanks.

Hi,does the testi app help you get a sooner date for practical test.I downloaded the cancel test app which I have been disappointed with as I still have my October date.

I need an app that can help move it to July or Aug max
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Josh121(m): 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Sent you a pm ma’am, want to send an item from Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by missjekyll: 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
RalphJean:

Hello Missjekyll
You mean topical application if that cream (to treat eczema) could cause ALL those things you listed? Someone rubs Abido cream in their arms & neck and probably their face, and that can cause diabetes? Hypertension?
Scary stuff.

Thanks for the useful information. What (in my opinion) would have been useful-er would have been for you to suggest (or recommend) less dangerous substitutes- It is very clear you are very, very knowledgeable in this area.

PS:
Hello did some ‘googling’ and this is what I found:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/topical-steroids/

Thank you , my friend. I have attached a screenshot of this page which makes my point.
Not only is clobetasol being used which is potent and unlicensed, The makers probably do not even know how much they have put in.
This page also says there are some conditions which should not be managed with steroids. No one on here can say this with 100% certainty unless they are dermatologists. I am not.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
missjekyll:

Thank you , my friend. I have attached a screenshot of this page which makes my point.
Not only is clobetasol being used which is potent and unlicensed, The makers probably do not even know how much they have put in.
This page also says there are some conditions which should not be managed with steroids. No one on here can say this with 100% certainty unless they are dermatologists. I am not.

I still love Abido ....... It gets the job done ....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
grin Pounds available @ 745 grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adedapodvirus001(m): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2022
Kilom41:

You can watch this video of a girl that had the same exact issue. But she was able to fight the school and get a visa extension.

I hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hT5PZzs-KA

Thank you very much for this video.
It really help.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adedapodvirus001(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2022
semmyk:
Hoping for the best that all comes out well.
Couple of add-ons.
Given the big difference between post graduate diploma and post graduate certificate, although they might both be at level 7, the 'useful' option is PGDip. Zero out PGCert. The only exception is PGCE, which is not applicable in your instance. PS: PGCE and PGDE are exceptional (along with few others that qualify for PSW). See https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa/course-you-studied

If enrolling for another MSc, ensure your wife get as much credits as possible counted from her PGDip to the MSc.
Nonetheless, you may salvage still the current situation by writing to the school and faculty, formally so, requesting formal letter of extension (just as Adazeal articulated).

As regarding 'renewal', on face value, she should get extension with a new MSc. Yet, IMHO, let her exit with PGDip (not PGCert), get 'new' MSc, apply to Home office. Still yet, #transparency is golden in visa application; though not cloudy with unnecessary details or malaise/malafide.

If Justwise will allow, you may mention the uni and we can try check out their Rule/Statute.

Thank you very much for your input.
I appreciate it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adedapodvirus001(m): 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2022
umarwy:

look for a sponsored job visa, HACV are there for grabs

We are looking towards this direction but the one we have gotten required her to be on probation for some time before COS can be given and the location is not around where we live currently so it will be difficult to combine the resit with the new Job.

Another fear I have is that, if we accept the offer and relocate, and after the probation they come up with the story of limited slots etc .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adedapodvirus001(m): 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

In Nigeria, maybe.
Here, best to leave aside inculcated ideas of gender roles. Your madam can work as hard as you think you are working now.
I'm sorry you've had this setback, but I think you should be the one to take up the next course of study (where you have to fall back on that option before January) as I do think that it might be easier for you to get a student visa as opposed to her trying again. However note that the requirement for progression regarding student visas has been removed, so in theory one can do a master's more than once.

Working hard never killed anyone, and our Nigerian women are equal to the task. Never underestimate women in general and always remember that they are mentally stronger than men and are more likely to outlast you.

Be sure to explore the school's extenuating circs procedure to the end (where possible), and see what you can achieve.

Thank you very much for your input. We already booked an appointment with the international experience advisor of the school.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adedapodvirus001(m): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2022
Adazeal:

You see for you to be in this UK and thrive, you have to grow thick skin. You don't have to cower. Your wife is eligible for the student visa extension to enable her write her exam and get her result. Don't assume things, let her write to her department and faculty that she'd be retaking the module and would be needing a visa extension. Hear what they'd say first and take it up from there. I mean you paid huge amount of money for tuition, don't allow them take you for a ride even though you failed a course, that's the purpose of learning anyways.

As an aside, you(not your wife) can start applying for a course as a plan B. Let this option not be your main focus though.

Thank you very much for your input. We already booked an appointment with the international experience advisor of the school
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by adedapodvirus001(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2022
Amarathripple0:

With the way these universities treat international students, I’ve come to realise that these UK universities only care about one thing and that’s Money. During the Masters sef, you practically teach yourself. If her brain is still capable, she should take up another masters if not, I would advise you do the Masters instead so she can look for a job in her field as your dependant and hopefully (not promised though) get Tier 2 sponsorship. Masters isn’t required here to get a great job anyway, experience and certifications are what matters the most. Really sorry this is happening to your family but you have to make a decision fast as the clock is ticking.

Honestly you are 100% correct. They are only after the money they get from the international students.

Alot of other things happened that clearly showed this

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2022
nineville:

À
Hello, can you share the exact link you eventually used? Thanks

Not been online, are you sorted now?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2022
Josh121:

Sent you a pm ma’am, want to send an item from Nigeria

2nd reply sent.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Whizkay(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2022
adedapodvirus001:

We are looking towards this direction but the one we have gotten required her to be on probation for some time before COS can be given and the location is not around where we live currently so it will be difficult to combine the resit with the new Job.

Another fear I have is that, if we accept the offer and relocate, and after the probation they come up with the story of limited slots etc .

Well you could always find others, Dependant can also go for it.

2 cebts
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 10:26pm On Jul 14, 2022
Whizkay:
Does anyone know what life is like in Birmingham? cost of living, culture towards immigrants etc.

Birmingham is known as the Black Country.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Advision: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
MrMash:

Not sure why you cancel...but yes you can withdraw cash using your amec card....I think you get charged 3% charge though

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.