Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177294 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2022
pramil:
good day my people, please who needs naira for pounds o

Would have taken but I think my rate will be too high for you. Since I convert to USD at 1.18USD, USD to NGN is at an all-time high now meaning I could be getting as much as N773 per Pound if I include CBN's N5.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2022
People said UK does not have the capacity to respond......

Russia is testing...... UK is responding.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by santos247(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2022
Thanks so much. I think the vaccine policy here is to make chicken pox vaccine optional. Recurring bouts will be constant from school to school.
I managed to get a GP. I got some prescription. Hoping for quick healing and recovery.

Preshyi:
Sorry about that. Seems there is an outbreak cos my Sis and her family all got it this past week. The hospital recommended PCM and Calamine lotion but I am not sure they were able to get it from a pharmacy cos twas scare. I guess you can look for that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ninaskylar: 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
Hi Guys, I would like to renew my passport at the Nigerian High Commission in UK. Please is the fast track process still available and on what days?

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightofjoy(m): 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
Hello house, pls anyone in Swansea, am trying to get accomodations that is around Swansea University. I have not been able to get though online and the few I got are too expensive.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pramil: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2022
That your rate strong gan

Solumtoya:

Would have taken but I think my rate will be too high for you. Since I convert to USD at 1.18USD, USD to NGN is at an all-time high now meaning I could be getting as much as N773 per Pound if I include CBN's N5.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tjsadiq(m): 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
My good people. Pls. I need an advice. I work part time with a care (3 nights a week), however, got an entry job with a multinational (hybrid working). My dilemma is that the multi national isn't ready to sponsor as I have valid dependent visa (tier 4) till 2024,however the care home wants to sponsor me. My question is it legal and possible to work both In order to get sponsored? I welcome your opinions and suggestions.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ayosco2008(m): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
Good evening elders in the house..

Among Leicester, Coventry, Derby and Nottingham, where would you advise a newbie to settle into and why?

Thanks in advance as you drop ur opinions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
tjsadiq:
My good people. Pls. I need an advice. I work part time with a care (3 nights a week), however, got an entry job with a multinational (hybrid working). My dilemma is that the multi national isn't ready to sponsor as I have valid dependent visa (tier 4) till 2024,however the care home wants to sponsor me. My question is it legal and possible to work both In order to get sponsored? I welcome your opinions and suggestions.

From what has been answered here previously, I believe you’ll need to get permission from the care home to work with the multinational
Scroll back a few pages, a link to the gov.uk website was shared to back it up

smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kennykale: 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
Hi Guys,

My provisional license arrived yesterday, what are the steps to get a full driving license and what is the duration?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2022
kennykale:
Hi Guys,

My provisional license arrived yesterday, what are the steps to get a full driving license and what is the duration?

Start practicing for your theory test, once you pass the theory. Get a UK driving instructor, to coach you .......

Ensure you pass your practical driving lesson within 2 years (or else your theory test expires).........

What is the duration......... Only you/your pocket can answer...... grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2022
they all belong to the same whatsapp grp
ayosco2008:
Good evening elders in the house..

Among Leicester, Coventry, Derby and Nottingham, where would you advise a newbie to settle into and why?

Thanks in advance as you drop ur opinions.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
How much?
pramil:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tjsadiq(m): 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2022
hustla:

From what has been answered here previously, I believe you’ll need to get permission from the care home to work with the multinational

smiley

Thank you for your response, I'll check back some pages. The care is actually fine with me working another job. They don't want me to resign.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by claremont(m): 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2022
Be careful out there folks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
pramil:
You can use Lemonade to transfer naira to your UK bank account.
You can use this link. I normally do the other way round:

https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/rNUJ
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2022
Op is on dependant visa hence Permission is not required. I think you are mixing it up with T2

hustla:

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2022
Bourne007:
Op is on dependant visa hence Permission is not required. I think you are mixing it up with T2

OH yeah, didn't see the dependant part
tjsadiq please take note

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2022
Solumtoya:
So Credit Cards (CCs) are one of the best Credit Tools you can have but yes, like every good thing, it does have its dangers.

Most folks here are trying to build Credit Score and to be very honest, CCs are the easiest way to do so. There are so many other ways, of course, and you should do them: Registering in the Electoral Register, Setting up Direct Debits for Utility Bills, Phone/SIM Contracts, etc but from experience since these are not Credit facilities, they may not boost your score as much as a CC.

Bro, quick and funny question

Can CCs be used for BNPL purchases like PayPal's Pay in 3?

Since PayPal's Pay in 3 now reports to credit agencies, can you use one bird to kill two stones that way assuming you always pay off your cc on time? Or will this be a flag to credit agencies and impact your ratings?

I am just curious grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2022
hustla:

wink smiley

Avios loading for you
. Yes ohhh. Am waiting
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2022
Thank you all for your response… I guess I will look away on the Terrific for 2 then. We shall continue paying the fee until he’s 3, chai, no be beans to dey on student visa and still get pikin join… Na Real Wa…

Does that mean we won’t get him a place until next year September My boy will be 3 years by next year April…

Wetin we go do bayiii
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2022
hustla:

Bro, quick and funny question

Can CCs be used for BNPL purchases like PayPal's Pay in 3?

Since PayPal's Pay in 3 now reports to credit agencies, can you use one bird to kill two stones that way assuming you always pay off your cc on time? Or will this be a flag to credit agencies and impact your ratings?

I am just curious grin

If you are using PayPal Pay in 3 for something worth more than 100 pounds, use your credit card in your PayPal wallet as the underlying payment instrument in case you have to revisit the matter.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
claremont:
Be careful out there folks.

This story doesnt sound true.
10 years is a very harsh sentence by UK standards for what is basically medical malpractice of sorts.
All those doctors and co. who make those kinds of errors get sentences in the 3 year range, this is way too high to be plausible.
Perhaps the person you cited meant 1 year, not 10.

Not to underplay the underlying message though - everyone be careful out there, and as is still the case and for numerous other reasons, avoid domiciliary care if you can.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
kode12:

I used 3mobile hotspot to connect firestick running pamdaplayer. Connection still failed.
You need VPN. Happened to me in the past and VPN resolved it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 9:14pm On Jul 22, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

This story doesnt sound true.
10 years is a very harsh sentence by UK standards for what is basically medical malpractice of sorts.
All those doctors and co. who make those kinds of errors get sentences in the 3 year range, this is way too high to be plausible.
Perhaps the person you cited meant 1 year, not 10.

For a black, a Nigerian, and a student that might not have had adequate representation, the story might be true.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

If you are using PayPal Pay in 3 for something worth more than 100 pounds, use your credit card in your PayPal wallet as the underlying payment instrument in case you have to revisit the matter.

Insurance claims yeah? or is there any other added advantage?
I am going through the CC docs at the moment smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2022
kode12:

For a black, a Nigerian, and a student that might not have had adequate representation, the story might be true.

Unless their barrister was probably also a Nigerian student as well, they should have been able to make a reasonably good case in mitigation.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2022
hustla:

Insurance claims yeah? or is there any other added advantage?
I am going through the CC docs at the moment smiley

Section 75.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Unless their barrister was probably also black, Nigerian, and a student as well, they should have been able to make a reasonably good case in mitigation.

That story has been. circulating on telegram for some time now, i seriously doubt its authenticity smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
hustla:

That story has been. circulating on telegram for some time now, i seriously doubt its authenticity smiley

Not to encourage people working in care to be less careful, but in a situation like that described, I seriously doubt that a court would hand down a custodial sentence in the first place.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.