Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177498 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Hospice is better...... Because you're simply on your way to heaven, hell or venus ........ grin

You eat the best food, you also get the best care ...... Indeed, dignity in death is paramount......... cheesy

If admitted to a hospice and you refused to die within 7 days (you get discharged).......... wink

You're looking at it from the patient's angle, not from that of the person who has to clean poo

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2022
hustla:

You're looking at it from the patient's angle, not from that of the person who has to clean poo

grin

Poo cleaning is a necessary thing.
At some point all of us will age, and some might need their shit cleaned/nappy changed.
Life turns out how it will, we can only wait and watch and see.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Trex12: 11:48am On Jul 23, 2022
Hello guys. Please the start date on my cos is July 27. When filling my visa, I was asked when do I intend coming to the UK. What date should I put since my cos start date has passed?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2022
hustla:

grin

Every pancake got 2 sides ......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
Trex12:
Hello guys. Please the start date on my cos is July 27. When filling my visa, I was asked when do I intend coming to the UK. What date should I put since my cos start date has passed?

*corrected*

Put down 26/07/2022 ........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

At some point all of us will age, and some might need their shit cleaned/nappy changed.

Absolutely...... We never what tomorrow holds...... The person running from cleaning poo today, might need his poo cleaned tomorrow......... grin

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
tjsadiq:

Thank you for your response, I'll check back some pages. The care is actually fine with me working another job. They don't want me to resign.

Get a written official statement from them stating that they are okay with you doing another job; for future reference when you want to apply for ILR. A verbal agreement is nothing in this country

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
5gee:

You can use Lemonade to transfer naira to your UK bank account.
You can use this link. I normally do the other way round:

https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/rNUJ

Can I use this lemonade to transfer money to a Nigerian bank account? Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
gistbite:

Can I use this lemonade to transfer money to a Nigerian bank account? Thank you
yes
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
My IPTV people, update your channels. Bb Naija station has been added. grin

Lexusgs430 Ancient Baba! I thank you oooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
DeeOneBangin:
My IPTV people, update your channels. Bb Naija station has been added. grin

Lexusgs430 Ancient Baba! I thank you oooo

Dees one is banging .............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Biko, when writing/typing your assessments, avoid shorthands..........

I am presuming cos, means course.........

I'm thinking Confirmation of Sponsorship (CoS)

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
CheesyTee:

I'm thinking Confirmation of Sponsorship (CoS)

You are right o....... My brain don dull finish ........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emmyk(m): 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Your CC won’t work for PayPal pay in 3. Atleast it never works for me. Paypal rejects it
Same way Klana will not accept your credit card if you want to pay in 3 instalments. grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Every pancake got 2 sides ......... cheesy

May we see the sweet side of pancake
grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
Emmyk:

Same way Klana will not accept your credit card if you want to pay in 3 instalments. grin

They're forming wise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

I pray I leave before then ... before it gets to nappy stage that I'll be a burden to others

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Trex12: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:

*corrected*

Thanks but the site asked that I choose a future date
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
hustla:

May we see the sweet side of pancake
grin

Just add pancake syrup, if e no sweet reach.......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Just add pancake syrup, if e no sweet reach.......... wink

grin

Abeg I need GBP , I have NGN
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
hustla:

I pray I leave before then ... before it gets to nappy stage that I'll be a burden to others

smiley

You know say some people don start to wear nappy, from 55 ........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You know say some people don start to wear nappy, from 55 ........... cheesy

I have at least 50 more UCL finals to watch in this world without nappy

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sen2paco: 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
hustla:

smiley

be careful what you wish for tha hustla
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
sen2paco:

be careful what you wish for tha hustla

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
I'm filling my mum's application and I need help on what suitable response should be to each of the attached question. Kindly help

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
babajeje123:
I'm filling my mum's application and I need help on what suitable response should be for the attached question. Kindly help

I would write -

Retired and on full sponsorship from sponsor.......

In the invitation letter you write..... You ginger it up ... wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
For those asking if BBN is on full view...... For avoidance of doubt.......... grin

Even sky or virgin cannot offer you this, on your £40 pcm payments......... grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Dees one is banging .............. cheesy

I hope say this thing go dey available when I ready sha oo... make e no finish leave me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
jadepinkett:

I hope say this thing go dey available when I ready sha oo... make e no finish leave me

Nah like hot akara, warm agege bread and mortuary standard maltina.......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obalala: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
First person i'm seeing on here moving to Southampton. Been here for over 6months and I can tell you accommodation aint easy. Try and get your company to sort an airbnb or hotel for at least 2 weeks while you search around for a place. Other than that its a chilling peaceful place.
brandmix:
Hi everyone,

My coy is transferring me to the UK permanently. So I am very green on this train.

Reading up 500 pages no be beans, but will try.

With regards accommodation in Southampton, can anyone recommend a good area to settle?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:
For those asking if BBN is on full view...... For avoidance of doubt.......... grin

Even sky or virgin cannot offer you this, on your £40 pcm payments......... grin

Shots fired grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Owoado(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
brandmix:
Hi everyone,

My coy is transferring me to the UK permanently. So I am very green on this train.

Reading up 500 pages no be beans, but will try.

With regards accommodation in Southampton, can anyone recommend a good area to settle?
You can check Brockenhurst......it's a nice town though not bubbly like bigger towns. Just a train stop away from Southampton.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.