Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,680 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1171056 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Funky123(f): 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
IamE:
Uzomarrr123 and Ticha are 2 different individuals.
You wey never enter international flight wan dey condemn them.
Be wise.
Pick the lesson from their experiences.
Home is anywhere you find peace.
If not for family some of us will throw away our passport once we leave the shore of this country.
Besides, Building a commercial house in 9ja is nothing compared to having a commercial house abroad..

So because you never enter international flight you are not entitled to your own opinion right, that line is not needed, everyone is learning weather you have entered flight or not
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by beryour(m): 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
I could assist in the review and maybe some few tips also. Would you want to remain in Engineering or preparing for a switch?

Remix10:
Good morning my fellow nairalanders, I am an Engineer by profession with over 5 years in the Oil & Gas, Food/Chemical/ manufacturing industry, would like to apply for Jobs, please can anyone help me in reviewing my CV and help me tailor it to UK standard? make I no for carry last, Ejoor. Thanks, as I await your favourable responses.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 4:58am On Oct 26, 2021
Funky123:

So because you never enter international flight you are not entitled to your own opinion right, that line is not needed, everyone is learning weather you have entered flight or not

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and they are taken and well respected in this thread. You do not agree, state your opinion and move on. Live and let live. You are quick to try to defend him but don't see you calling him out for saying someone is unwise.

The people who know and have lived in the UK are giving their experiences for free here. Some of the things Ticha has given to us here you pay thousands of pounds just to hear.

I know what's possible in real estate in the Uk, i have done a bit myself even these days when it is even a lot more expensive not to talk of years ago when she started. That property he posted at £800k , 10 years ago could have osted £300k and you do not need to fork out 300k to buy. There was a time in the UK you could buy property without having to put down a deposit. So potentially you could have bought that flat for nothing and be up £500k in profit over the period.

Let's be quick to hear and slow to respond. Nobody is obligated to reply anybody here. I believe in people respecting one another even if it is afaceless forum.

21 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 6:13am On Oct 26, 2021
Funky123:

Go back and read what you wrote above again. Now does it make any sense to you?
Silence is golden especially when the barrel is empty
Mr Weatherman angry

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fabulous2019: 7:31am On Oct 26, 2021
It is so funny when people stay in Nigeria and argue about UK, I was in Nigeria for over 35 years with my own business,I tell u my brother,I was robbed in one of my office branche which almost cost me my life, I had to close that branch, imagine after graduating no jobs and after suffering to open my business, my own fellow blacks came with gun to rob me of my sweat, I close very early from my office for fear of robbing me or kidnapping me, which affected my business tremendously, I had car to run bolt, but fear of thieves I could not make good money from bolt,
What do you call racist,when in your own country Nigeria without being an hausa or ibo or yoruba I can't get jobs in a good company, I entered Uk in less than one month now and see the beauty of life, constant light, water, good transport system, health system and enough jobs.
The only issue in uk is the harsh weather which is far better than the unrest of mind in Nigeria,I have had enough interviews for work, you get many daily work which you can use to pay your accomodation, feed well, buy nice clothes, send money back to your siblings and still save money,
For those of you that just came looking for work there are many online recruiting firms like indeed, indeedflex to get daily manual jobs where you get about 9pounds per hour, i
If anyone in Uk needs to register just inbox me and I send you my referral code so I fit still add to my money jade
Also for every job arrange your CV to the taste of job you applying
Also when you enter UK find Nigeria that have been there for long, experience is the best teacher

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 7:47am On Oct 26, 2021
All these unnecessary arguments is derailing this thread abeg. This thread was meant to help Nigerians living in the UK, and those trying to immigrate to the UK. Abeg if Nigeria still dey sweet you please, look at more interesting threads in politics etc. Make we see road well for here.

23 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 8:04am On Oct 26, 2021
Hello, please I need urgent advice.
I went to the post office to collect my BRP and I was told they haven't received it. The thing is I want to apply for NI number but there is no available alternative for me.

NB: There seems to be a delay in the production of BRP
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 9:29am On Oct 26, 2021
solalal36:
I went to the post office to collect my BRP and I was told they haven't received it. The thing is I want to apply for NI number but there is no available alternative for me.

You have no alternative but to wait. Alternatively, you can call the numbers on the letter you have. Quote the reference number
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2021
Hi my people, I have a 4year old daughter who couldn't get admission for 2021/2022 academic session because she only clocked 4 in Oct. She attends 15hours free nursery currently.

I proceeded to www.childcare.gov.uk to apply for her 30hours free nursery but I couldn't proceed to get the eligibility code. I was asked to provide 2 of 4 documents; P60, tax credit, UK passport or northern Ireland driving license. I can only provide P60 form.

Are they stylishly saying this 30hours free nursery is for British citizens only? We live in England with no recourse to public fund.

Please enlighten me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 11:05am On Oct 26, 2021
Yes, 30 hours is for British citizens and those that cannot access public funds.
tushqueen:
Hi my people, I have a 4year old daughter who couldn't get admission for 2021/2022 academic session because she only clocked 4 in Oct. She attends 15hours free nursery currently.

I proceeded to www.childcare.gov.uk to apply for her 30hours free nursery but I couldn't proceed to get the eligibility code. I was asked to provide 2 of 4 documents; P60, tax credit, UK passport or northern Ireland driving license. I can only provide P60 form.

Are they stylishly saying this 30hours free nursery is for British citizens only? We live in England with no recourse to public fund.

Please enlighten me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2021
tushqueen:

Please enlighten me

The eligibility criteria is on the same page https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare?step-by-step-nav=f517cd57-3c18-4bb9-aa8b-1b907e279bf9

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2021
wallg123:

You have no alternative but to wait. Alternatively, you can call the numbers on the letter you have. Quote the reference number
Will do that. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2021
DisGuy:

The eligibility criteria is on the same page https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare?step-by-step-nav=f517cd57-3c18-4bb9-aa8b-1b907e279bf9

Checked on this page several times, it doesn't tell if definitely you get or not. It only says may be eligible. Then redirects you to apply, when you try to apply you won't be able to provide the documents requested if you are not a citizen or can't claim public funds
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
dupyshoo:
Yes, 30 hours is for British citizens and those that cannot access public funds.

Do you mean those that can access public fund?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
tushqueen:

Initally when it started it was only allowed for settled status so those with no recourse to public fund DIDNT NOT QUALIFY

I saw comments here that it is now allowed for everyone but When I checked Google it still said no do not qualify for 30 hours. But yes to 15hours ....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
solalal36:

I know the home office at times experience delays in BRP production but if you have been to the post office and it was not there, report it via https://www.biometric-residence-permit.service.gov.uk/collection/where then give them about 14 to 20 working days to respond (please report on the link ONCE as your initial reporting gets wiped off and a fresh 20days starts counting if you report again). If you don't get any response after then, please call them. Keep checking the post office as well during this period.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 3:03pm On Oct 26, 2021
Sorry, my bad. I meant can access public fund
tushqueen:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Funky123(f): 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
deept:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and they are taken and well respected in this thread. You do not agree, state your

I know what's possible in real estate in the Uk, i have done a bit myself even these days when it is even a lot more expensive not to talk of years ago when she started. That property he posted at £800k , 10 years ago could have osted £300k and you do not need to fork out 300k to buy. There was a time in the UK you could buy property without having to put down a deposit. So potentially you could have bought that flat for nothing and be up £500k in profit over the period.

Let's be quick to hear and slow to respond. Nobody is obligated to reply anybody here. I believe in people respecting one another even if it is afaceless forum.

I don’t understand the attack Sir, or maybe I am not the one you are supposed to mention, I was only telling him weather someone has enter plane or not you can have opinion on something, and it’s that phrase I was against
I don’t have issue with any body opinion, what’s my own, am here to learn one or two things or get clarity and move
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Remix10(m): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
beryour:
I could assist in the review and maybe a few tips also. Would you want to remain in Engineering or prepare for a switch?

I would like to remain, is engineering not lucrative enough? Where will I send it bro?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
I've got £, I need naira abeg. Mamatukwas don go international e no dey answer people again.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2021
kode12:
I've got £, I need naira abeg. Mamatukwas don go international e no dey answer people again.

Haba. Why will you say sush nah?? I still changed today oh. If you need Naira please send a pm.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IamE: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2021
How will you be entitled to peoples decision when you haven't walked a day in their shoes.

Thats why i said "those wey never enter international flight dey condemn".
Funky123:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
dubaiprince:

I know the home office at times experience delays in BRP production but if you have been to the post office and it was not there, report it via https://www.biometric-residence-permit.service.gov.uk/collection/where then give them about 14 to 20 working days to respond (please report on the link ONCE as your initial reporting gets wiped off and a fresh 20days starts counting if you report again). If you don't get any response after then, please call them. Keep checking the post office as well during this period.
Thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by beryour(m): 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2021
Engineering is still lucrative in the UK, but this depends on what level of 'Lucrativity' you want smiley

Also there are still lots of jobs, got 2 easily before leaving. So you might find it easy also.

Send a PM, I will reply with an email to send the CV to.

Remix10:

I would like to remain, is engineering not lucrative enough? Where will I send it bro?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by beryour(m): 11:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
There is a general delay and lots of people are having to wait without an alternative.

You can only wait also, they will begin to clear off the long wait soon.

solalal36:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by brine(m): 1:55am On Oct 27, 2021
kode12:

Send a dm. If any other person needs naira, feel free to reach out as well.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 6:09am On Oct 27, 2021
beryour:
Engineering is still lucrative in the UK, but this depends on what level of 'Lucrativity' you want smiley

Also there are still lots of jobs, got 2 easily before leaving. So you might find it easy also.

Send a PM, I will reply with an email to send the CV to.

Sent you a PM too...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by solalal36(m): 7:19am On Oct 27, 2021
beryour:
There is a general delay and lots of people are having to wait without an alternative.

You can only wait also, they will begin to clear off the long wait soon.

I just came across people with similar complaints. Hopefully, it will come out soon
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Alkidam(m): 7:37am On Oct 27, 2021
Hello the great nairaland members. I have applied for N.I about two months ago, but I have changed address from the one I put down initially, can any one here advise on what to do regarding the change of address.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.