Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,209 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170833 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:34am On Oct 27, 2021
Uzomarrr123:

I like this statement

You said “some of us have families back home “

Dunno why these ones are sounding like they don’t have any back home in Nigeria !

Na so abroad sweet reach for una ,

And who says Houses in Nigeria don’t appreciate, so cost of house in Nigeria 2005, you think it same in 2021 …smh

[b][/b]Like ,have you asked around how much it cost to rent an apartment in Lekki , Apapa , etc

Dumb set of Nigerians abroad thinking owning a property in Nigeria is not worth it .

No matter how useless Nigeria is , real estate and owning property in Nigeria is over worth it

Plus, you don’t even have to pay any useless Tax in Nigeria… only business maestro will understand this part ( there’s a reason why most American companies like having dia production company site in China and other Asia countries ) due to low cost of production and cheap labour and many don’t pay tax there
Ok you are done here. Keep your insults to yourself

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hello @Justwise and my other Ogas at the top

Just finished watching a video where the lady spoke about the difficulties of getting a professional job without actual UK experience

For those going in for 2 yr courses, will the 1 yr internship suffice for UK experience?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Googledrive12: 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
Please who recently flew with BA from Nigeria to UK . Do you need a negative covid test as a fully vaccinated. (Vaccine administered here in Nigeria ) please help I am look at some info that seem conflicting on the site. PLEASE I NEED URGENT ANSWER. embarassed thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 6:51pm On Oct 27, 2021
hustla:
Hello @Justwise and my other Ogas at the top

Just finished watching a video where the lady spoke about the difficulties of getting a professional job without actual UK experience

For those going in for 2 yr courses, will the 1 yr internship suffice for UK experience?

Some jobs or should I say some sectors are difficult to get into. So it depends.

1 year internship is valuable, Some sectors like IT, healthcare your experience is your experience. Networks, systems in Timbuktu, New Delhi is usually the same as those in Derby, Dundee etc minus +- 1 the rest depends on your soft skills and how you present your application or CV

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2021
Googledrive12:
Please who recently flew with BA from Nigeria to UK . Do you need a negative covid test as a fully vaccinated. (Vaccine administered here in Nigeria ) please help I am look at some info that seem conflicting on the site PLEASE I NEED URGENT ANSWER. embarassed thanks

UK site, Naija site, BA site? So many sites with so many covid information
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
DisGuy:

Some jobs or should I say some sectors are difficult to get into. So it depends.

1 year internship is valuable, Some sectors like IT, healthcare your experience is your experience. Networks, systems in Timbuktu, New Delhi is usually the same as those in Derby, Dundee etc minus +- 1 the rest depends on your soft skills and how you present your application or CV

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Googledrive12: 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2021
DisGuy:

UK site, Naija site, BA site? So many sites with so many covid information

I have checked and got conflicting info, that's why I ran to a platform like this where someone can aid with first hand information.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
Googledrive12:

I have checked and got conflicting info, that's why I ran to a platform like this where someone can aid with first hand information.

The travel advisory on gov.uk is what BA will follow. Don't get yourself confused. Just follow the information on gov.uk to the letter and you will be fine.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 9:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
Googledrive12:

I was asking what website you were looking at.
You only need to book a UK covid test for day 2. You need to book in advance plus complete the passenger locator form.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by beryour(m): 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
Unfortunately, I did not see it. I have sent a PM to you instead.

jtech17:

Sent you a PM too...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Excessgrace1(f): 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2021
beryour:
Unfortunately, I did not see it. I have sent a PM to you instead.

I sent you a PM too
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 6:03am On Oct 28, 2021
Hello,
I just arrive Hull with my family and my wife is currently quarantining for 10 days. I have already taken the vacinne so am out looking for accommodation. Please anyone that can be of help in getting a 2 bedroom property should please get in touch.
We are currently putting up in a self catering facility where I paid for 10 days.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2021
aragbaboy:
Hello,
I just arrive Hull with my family and my wife is currently quarantining for 10 days. I have already taken the vacinne so am out looking for accommodation. Please anyone that can be of help in getting a 2 bedroom property should please get in touch.
We are currently putting up in a self catering facility where I paid for 10 days.

Should you be out and about during your isolation period? Why is your wife isolating and you are not? Not accusing you of anything. I’m just curious, that’s all.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Captaincool1(m): 11:00am On Oct 28, 2021
Please which taxi app is the best for commuting outside London. Eg Gillingham to Canterbury, and other part outside Canterbury. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adewumi2888(m): 11:15am On Oct 28, 2021
Captaincool1:
Please which taxi app is the best for commuting outside London. Eg Gillingham to Canterbury, and other part outside Canterbury. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adewumi2888(m): 11:17am On Oct 28, 2021
icon8:

Should you be out and about during your isolation period? Why is your wife isolating and you are not? Not accusing you of anything. I’m just curious, that’s all.

People that are full vaccinated can go out after their day 2 covid test. He said is is fully vaccinated.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sunshine21: 11:36am On Oct 28, 2021
[quote author=Mamatukwas post=107083793]
Hello Mamatukwas, sent you a PM. I need naira
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
Captaincool1:

some towns don't have ride hailing app like uber/bolt/Kapten ;they have local ones specific to that area, the cabs in those areas operate a call and book service- if it's a big firm they might have an app like data cars, happicabs etc
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2021
Adewumi2888:

People that are full vaccinated can go out after their day 2 covid test. He said is is fully vaccinated.

I didn’t know that, which was why I asked. Thanks for the information.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hi,

In applying for UK visitor's visa for my mum, do I have to show evidence of savings when I'm going to sponsor her fully for the trip?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Samadhii(m): 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
@omopapa

Hello sir,
Around this time last year, I asked some questions concerning if a biochemistry graduate can work as a biomedical scientist in the UK and your responses were really helpful. I just started my masters degree in BMS but I still have few questions concerning top up courses, training portfolio and the best time to request for assessment.
Is it okay to ask my questions here or dm?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
tushqueen:
Hi,

In applying for UK visitor's visa for my mum, do I have to show evidence of savings when I'm going to sponsor her fully for the trip?
Yes, you need to be able to show that as the sponsor, you can afford to pay for her trip. I believe the funds must be in your account for a minimum number of months but I can't remember how long.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Thanks for the response, let me reframe the question. I will present all necessary documents/evidence required. Does she need evidence of savings in her name as well?

I believe my account statement should cover her
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
tushqueen:
Thanks for the response, let me reframe the question. I will present all necessary documents/evidence required. Does she need evidence of savings in her name as well?

before people with experience chip in, I will say based on what has been advised here previously, you have to emphasis you are sponsoring fully, if possible make a budget breakdown of her travel plans and cost in the application summary with reference to your account ot if you have created a special account for the trip for her---you still have to demonstrate her strong ties to the country
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
Wonlasewonimi....... Hope you got $LCID in your portfolio...... It's pumping crazy....... Nah today I go pluck am.... Currently at 70% profit margin (too hot to resist)........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Wonlasewonimi....... Hope you got $LCID in your portfolio...... It's pumping crazy....... Nah today I go pluck am.... Currently at 70% profit margin (too hot to resist)........ wink
I have got 200 bro. They are shipping cars to customers tomorrow. So, you have to wait till like Monday to sell
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

I have got 200 bro. They are shipping cars to customers tomorrow. So, you have to wait till like Monday to sell

2moro ké....... Wey I don dey budget my LCID loot.......... cheesy The price fit crash ó........ smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
How old is your mum? For very elderly parents, you might be able to get away without showing their bank statements but as it has been said, you will still need to show tie to Nigeria.
tushqueen:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
Lexusgs430:

2moro ké....... Wey I don dey budget my LCID loot.......... cheesy The price fit crash ó........ smiley

The price is pumping in anticipation of the deliveries tomorrow knowing full well that if all goes well Tesla would have a genuine rival. I am holding until forseabke future. Imagine having 200 tesla now...

I am not a financial adviser....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

The price is pumping in anticipation for the deliveries tomorrow knowing full well that if all goes well Tesla would have a genuine rival. I am holding until forseabke future. Imagine having 200 tesla now...

$200,000+ banked...... Phew...... If only I hit the stock market many years ago....... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Lexusgs430:
[/b]

$200,000+ banked...... Phew...... If only I hit the stock market many years ago....... wink

In 10 years time, someone will make similar comment cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.