Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169801 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ttolupe: 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
Abeg, I need a loan app that will give me up to £1k instantly in UK. Ps. I don't have any credit yet.

Anybody with answer please help.

Cc
Justwise
Lexusgs430
Regex
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
Moyosore019:
Good afternoon , I would like to know more about family visa ( in this case for someone who has an Uncle in the Uk) , what are the steps to take, and the fees to pay. Thank you @justwise

There is non, only if you want to visit the uncle, then you can apply for visiting visa but to move here permanently through your uncle is almost impossible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2021
ttolupe:
Abeg, I need a loan app that will give me up to £1k instantly in UK. Ps. I don't have any credit yet.

Cc
Justwise
Lexusgs430
Regex

I don't know any, are you on student visa or work visa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
I promised to give pointers about tech occupations. Of course there are the core tech occupations like infrastructure manager, network architects, technical architects, developers (either front or backend), automation testing or even some data professions (these require sql, python, r and some familiarity with tableau, power bi, etc). As for manual testing, if you have experience with software and/or UX experience, you may easily become a manual tester (pays well).

I am not a pro in the above so I will leave it to the professionals to speak of. Out of all the above tech occupations, the easiest and most pragmatic to get into would be security manager (which requires little to no code, as your infrastructure staff would do the needed to help you) but security requires vast experience in the tech industry (that’s why I pity people with no experience reading cyber security).
Anyway the good news is, there are some professions that you can crack easily, these are:

Scrum master-- if you are a manager, cheerleader and teacher, you can do a scrum master course on scrum.org, watch looooads of scrum or agile videos on YT and go on some other agile courses to become a scrum master—m but prepare to start as a junior if you have never had the role before.

Product owner-- again read up about it, make sure you do your certification on scrum.org, then whatever industry you apply to, make sure it is an industry you have worked in very well because POs always need the experience to make good decisions.

Delivery manager—if you have worked as a Project manager before, just learn about agile (again scrum.org and many agile videos, change your mindset (no more controlled environment, you philosophy must be to fail fast) and then you can convert your title to DM- they pay well.
Business analyst, these are pretty popular, just make sure you have some certs and you have experience in the industry you want to work in. You can learn about BA in BCS or IIBA- pays well.

Product manager-- my favourite, well just be experienced in the product and have good enough experience in being a BA, DM or PO. You must be familiar with agile and product development life cycle.

Take these jobs, go on indeed, look up the jobs, then try and acquired whatever skill the jobs require within the next 4 months. Tune your cv to reflect the job spec, practice well so you have speak eloquently during your interview. You can also convert your job as an accountant, finance analyst etc to the above jobs, but you have to be smart about it.

32 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iiiyyyk(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
Good day all,

who knows any one who has entered UK with Nigeria covid19 vaccination card. what was the experience like?

Was any other document required apart from the card with barcode?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
Aphrodite007:
I promised to give pointers about tech occupations. Of course there are the core tech occupations like infrastructure manager, network architects, technical architects, developers (either front or backend), automation testing or even some data professions (these require sql, python, r and some familiarity with tableau, power bi, etc). As for manual testing, if you have experience with software and/or UX experience, you may easily become a manual tester (pays well).

I am not a pro in the above so I will leave it to the professionals to speak of. Out of all the above tech occupations, the easiest and most pragmatic to get into would be security manager (which requires little to no code, as your infrastructure staff would do the needed to help you) but security requires vast experience in the tech industry (that’s why I pity people with no experience reading cyber security).
Anyway the good news is, there are some professions that you can crack easily, these are:

Scrum master-- if you are a manager, cheerleader and teacher, you can do a scrum master course on scrum.org, watch looooads of scrum or agile videos on YT and go on some other agile courses to become a scrum master—m but prepare to start as a junior if you have never had the role before.

Product owner-- again read up about it, make sure you do your certification on scrum.org, then whatever industry you apply to, make sure it is an industry you have worked in very well because POs always need the experience to make good decisions.

Delivery manager—if you have worked as a Project manager before, just learn about agile (again scrum.org and many agile videos, change your mindset (no more controlled environment, you philosophy must be to fail fast) and then you can convert your title to DM- they pay well.
Business analyst, these are pretty popular, just make sure you have some certs and you have experience in the industry you want to work in. You can learn about BA in BCS or IIBA- pays well.

Product manager-- my favourite, well just be experienced in the product and have good enough experience in being a BA, DM or PO. You must be familiar with agile and product development life cycle.

Take these jobs, go on indeed, look up the jobs, then try and acquired whatever skill the jobs require within the next 4 months. Tune your cv to reflect the job spec, practice well so you have speak eloquently during your interview. You can also convert your job as an accountant, finance analyst etc to the above jobs, but you have to be smart about it.
aunty with da sauce... we dey feel you like feeling station

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
Done sir
AirBay:

I have sent you an email, kindly send me a copy of the module descriptor.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
ttolupe:

Cc
Justwise
Lexusgs430
Regex

Without credit history?..... ... We no get lapo or soko loans for the UK........ grin

Try the bank you receive your salary........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
Vidor:
There are still a lot of opportunities in Nigeria but the only problem is that it doesn’t have an enabling environment for starters.

Days are gone when people struggle to build wealth in Nigeria and get to the apex of wealth.
Today it’s either you have money to start big or nothing for you.
I’m a business consultant in the tech industry and I can tell you investment here is not a waste, if you have fund to push.

I have worked for a few gaming companies in Nigeria and I can tell you that they are cashing out billions monthly.

Recently an Indian company launched a gaming platform in Nigeria I was to work with them tho it didn’t work out and they are already doing good figures.

I had another call from another lady who wants to push an Eco e-commerce market place in Nigeria.

A current organization I consulted for in the Agri-tech space has the largest maize farm in Africa just between 3 years now and doing well even tho he is having issues with his investors but there is money in Nigeria you only need big money to make the money.

If there is nothing people won’t be struggling to come and invest here.

I feel we need to understand the meaning of investment and what kind of investment and also the returns.

Why is Obi Cubana investing in real estate in Nigeria why not UK.
Have money and make money from here even at proxy.

You were doing so well until you mentioned Obi cubana..smh

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aminess1: 11:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
God bless you all for your great contributions!
Please is there any trend on the best way to get Germany tourist or visiting visa from UK here as a student with dependents? We want to spend few days in Germany during Christmas.
I will love to hear ideas from people that have secured such visa. Thank you all for this platform
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 12:03am On Nov 01, 2021
Hi everyone.

I really need to get the UK driving license soon.... Major issue now is I need to travel in a couple of weeks and if I apply for a provisional now (my BRP will likely not get back to me in good time.
Is it possible to send my BRP to dvla and reenter the country with a visit visa?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:03am On Nov 01, 2021
Santa2:

You were doing so well until you mentioned Obi cubana..smh

I was disappointed, he/she did not also mention e money ........... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:10am On Nov 01, 2021
mizGene:
Hi everyone.

I really need to get the UK driving license soon.... Major issue now is I need to travel in a couple of weeks and if I apply for a provisional now (my BRP will likely not get back to me in good time.
Is it possible to send my BRP to dvla and reenter the country with a visit visa?

Two separate visas from the same country, cannot run concurrently...........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:11am On Nov 01, 2021
Aminess1:
Please is there any trend on the best way to get Germany tourist or visiting visa from UK here as a student with dependents? We want to spend few days in Germany during Christmas.
I will love to hear ideas from people that have secured such visa. Thank you all for this platform

No wuruwuru to the answer....... Submit all the documents you have, then hope for the best .......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:13am On Nov 01, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Why did you spoil it with Obi Cubana... do you know his true source of wealth or investment. .... I doubt you seen his accounting books

Nah God ........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 7:39am On Nov 01, 2021
Aminess1:

The best way is the only way - check to see if you satisfy the requirements, apply online, do the biometrics and photo-taking, and see whether you get it or not.
Before you do that, verify whether Germany is open to tourist travel in the first place. As at mid October it was not.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by samhay: 8:35am On Nov 01, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 9:02am On Nov 01, 2021
ttolupe:

Cc
Justwise
Lexusgs430
Regex

https://www.118118money.com/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 9:06am On Nov 01, 2021
Aminess1:

You could go to spain first ( I know someone that just got his) schengen visa takes you into most EU countries. Use this website https://uk.blsspainvisa.com/london/ if you pay premium, they will come to your house to do your biometrics

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Urs1: 9:46am On Nov 01, 2021
You are the real winner please. ignore him.
Your post was so inspiring! More wins jare

Ticha:

You need to read my posts properly.

It doesn't really matter if you believe me or not.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ttolupe: 11:42am On Nov 01, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by beryour(m): 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2021
Change your browser, e dey work grin

ttolupe:

E no work brother.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
ttolupe:

E no work brother.

Maybe you're not creditworthy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frank043(m): 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2021
Goodday everyone!

@justwise, well done! Well done everyone on here...
Please is there any way you can be of help? I need naira and have pounds, is there anyone you know that is genuine and can help out with good rates.
Many thanks!
Cheers,
Frank
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2021
embarassed
Lexusgs430:

Two separate visas from the same country, cannot run concurrently...........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2021
frank043:
Goodday everyone!

Please is there any way you can be of help? I need naira and have pounds, is there anyone you know that is genuine and can help out with good rates.
Many thanks!
Cheers,
Frank

@mamatukwas
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Maybe you're not creditworthy

How would they lend money to someone, without credit history or something/someone to hold ......... grin

OCGN - Time to sell ....... I no get patience....... After I sell OCGN, I can offer a loan of £1000 (just bring all 4 great grand parents as collateral)....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 6:09pm On Nov 01, 2021
Kindly send DM
frank043:
Goodday everyone!

Many thanks!
Cheers,
Frank
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2021
Lexusgs430:

How would they lend money to someone, without credit history or something/someone to hold ......... grin

OCGN - Time to sell ....... I no get patience....... After I sell OCGN, I can offer a loan of £1000 (just bring all 4 great grand parents as collateral)....... cheesy

118118 give loans to people with hopeless credit history.

Have you sold your LCID?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

118118 give loans to people with hopeless credit history.

Have you sold your LCID?

O yes ....... I can now buy Gulder and snail........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I feel like crying anytime i see that share going up, about a year ago i bought 150 pieces of that share at the price of $0.72 and sold at $2.60 ,,,today its $13+ smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.