Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,783 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (763) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1168835 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 11:55am On Dec 13, 2022
Viruses:

No
I think he does. I faintly remember doing this.

@OP I'm sure the application pack came with instructions. If it says do it, then you should.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2022
welbeck317:
Good day seniors in the house. I just got my student visa and I would study in Dundee Scotland. I need y’all advise on how to get a job (anything that can put some money in my pocket for the now) haven’t worked 9-5 for many years now. I would actually want a driving job because driving is one of my hobbies. I know it wouldn’t be easy and I’m prepared for the worst. Any hint or advise please. God bless y’all.

Are you good with manual transmission?
Can you do Uber, Deliveroo, Justeat, Ubereat etc? Check these out online to know their requirements and prepare accordingly.
Download indeedFlex.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2022
lahify:
hello everyone please can my white girlfriend in the uk get me a work visa as a carer so that I can join her. thanks

She ‘can’t get you’ a work visa in that sector but can do some leg work for you as per info and knocking on doors.
However, there are other visa routes you can latch onto to get here, since she’s your GF.
Intentionally start using partner in place of GF and be more committed to her - e get why.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Margs(f): 12:43pm On Dec 13, 2022
Hello everyone! Is wakanow reliable for booking tickets?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by japhethGold: 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2022
ISAs ALLOWANCE

ISAs means Individual Savings Accounts. Every year, every individual who is a resident of the UK is allowed an allowance called ISAs Allowance. ISAs allowance is the amount of pounds that taxpayers in the UK are allowed to save into their ISAs account without having to pay tax on it.

So any interest incomes, dividends income, and gains that you make on the ISAs account is absolutely TAX FREE. You are not required to pay any tax on these incomes from this account.

The current ISAs Allowance in the current tax year is GBP20,000. The current Tax year started on 6th April 2022 and will end on the 5th April 2023. Please note that you can not save or invest more than the ISAs Allowance of GBP20,000 into your ISAs Account in a year. And any ISAs Allowance not utilized in any tax year can not be carried forward to a new year as it is lost.

TYPES OF ISAs
The common types of ISAs account you can open are:
1. Stock/Shares ISAs- this type of ISAs allows you to invest your savings in ISAs in stocks/shares of companies listed on the UK stock exchange such as TESCO shares and mutual funds such as the Vanguard Funds, etc. Stock ISAs are risky as you might lose part of your savings if the stock prices go down.

2. Cash ISAs- This ISAs is similar to a fixed deposit as the savings in it are invested in liquid assets like treasury bills which can easily be converted to cash without the risk of losing your money.

3. Lifetime ISAs- This type of ISAs is suitable for retirement or people who want to save towards their first mortgage to buy a home in the UK. It offers a powerful advantage because the UK government gives you 25% of whatever amount you save in it in a year for free! I love free things! And I hope you do too. This is to support you to save for long term or to buy your first home in the UK.

You may reach out to me on whatsapp- 07450278715 for details on tax planning execution in the UK. You can also follow me on @japhethjev1 on TikTok.

In response to your request to preserve the useful Taxtips for your quick reference, I have created a forum for UK Tax: see link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/7478549/uk-tax-forum-immigrants-uk#119124025

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2022
ILR update

5years don waka, we still dey Carry go oo grin grin....... Time really does fly.
Alhamdulillah for his mercies. Just like yesterday we came and now due and successfully applied for ILR.

Like everyone on the Tier 2/Skilled worker route knows, once you have stayed for 5yrs in the country you are eligible to apply for ILR. The application should be successful, all things being equal.

Another beneficial note some may not know is you are eligible to apply 28days before your first issued visa and any day between that and when you eventually got into the UK is deemed as "absence".

This date is one of the most important criteria for application and other documents required below

A. letter from employer confirming one is still required in that role and the salary is as per home office guidance and requirements
B. Ielts/Naric certificate
C. Life in the UK test (not difficult if you use the previous apps shared)
D. Payslip and bank statements
E. Consent forms for all applicants
F. Utility bills
G. Birth certificate for kids on Tier 2 visa
H. Biometric appointment fees £132 - £250 (this can be avoided with certain tricks shared previously)
I. Application fees - £2404 - £3204 - see screenshot below and start saving ooo.
J. Letter from your employer regarding any absence - main applicant ONLY

Also learnt kids born before you obtain ILR are eligible for citizenship after ILR approval so will be updating about that process later on.

All in all a smooth process, though the money it gulped for a family of 3 no allow us celebrate am well.

Please you all should address me now as fatima ILR oo, shoulder pad is High now grin grin

P.S- declare any speeding point on your licence as this doesn't affect your application as long as it wasn't taken to court.
Avoid any court challenges as this might affect your 5yr eligibility with a 2yr delay

47 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 2:11pm On Dec 13, 2022
fatima04:
ILR update

5years don waka, we still dey Carry go oo grin grin....... Time really does fly.
Alhamdulillah for his mercies. Just like yesterday we came and now due and successfully applied for ILR.

Like everyone on the Tier 2/Skilled worker route knows, once you have stayed for 5yrs in the country you are eligible to apply for ILR. The application should be successful, all things being equal.

Another beneficial note some may not know is you are eligible to apply 28days before your first issued visa and any day between that and when you eventually got into the UK is deemed as "absence".

This date is one of the most important criteria for application and other documents required below

A. letter from employer confirming one is still required in that role and the salary is as per home office guidance and requirements
B. Ielts/Naric certificate
C. Life in the UK test (not difficult if you use the previous apps shared)
D. Payslip and bank statements
E. Consent forms for all applicants
F. Utility bills
G. Birth certificate for kids on Tier 2 visa
H. Biometric appointment fees £132 - £250 (this can be avoided with certain tricks shared previously)
I. Application fees - £2404 - £3204 - see screenshot below and start saving ooo.
J. Letter from your employer regarding any absence - main applicant ONLY

Also learnt kids born before you obtain ILR are eligible for citizenship after ILR approval so will be updating about that process later on.

All in all a smooth process, though the money it gulped for a family of 3 no allow us celebrate am well.

Please you all should address me now as fatima ILR oo, shoulder pad is High now grin grin

P.S- declare any speeding point on your licence as this doesn't affect your application as long as it wasn't taken to court.
Avoid any court challenges as this might affect your 5yr eligibility with a 2yr delay

Interesting.

Thanks for this info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2022
error
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 2:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
fatima04:
ILR update

Congratulations!! Cut soap for us cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TobyTreasure: 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2022
Please I need urgent work in London. My course starts in January and I'm already in London. Please is there any agent I can call for some Job before my enrollment. I don't want to be idle at home. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chinlov: 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Congratulations!! Cut soap for us cheesy

this one she cut no do you? LOL

abi you wan all the soap

Congratulations Fatima ILR...Choi

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2022
iboboyswag:

Reply with semmyk's draft and state these things as an addendum. State the names of the persons who have threatened you and possible times they did.

Be factual but allude more to how these acts have affected your mental health.

Also, ensure your new COS is titanium locked so, you have a new contract to hold on to.

Cheers.

Just to say this.

When on your right and as it alludes to intimidation or issues that affect your mental wellbeing, no fear, stand your ground.

On this platform, issues far stronger than this have been resolved. People, including my humble self don write home office for here query them, nothing happened. Schools have been queried with HO join and the issues resolved.

Just make sure you are speaking the truth and stating the facts.

You would be fine.
I won't advice him to use that as draft. Semmyk's comments are often not easy to understand. It's better for him to keep the language simple and terse.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2022
AlphaUno:

Are you good with manual transmission?
Can you do Uber, Deliveroo, Justeat, Ubereat etc? Check these out online to know their requirements and prepare accordingly.
Download indeedFlex.

Has the restriction on being self-employed on student visa been removed? Or is deliveroo, uber etc no longer being classed as self-employment?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by cleric7: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2022
Hello Everyone
I recently got my visa switch approved. I opted for priority service and got my decision mail the day after - Nov 8. Up until now ( About 24 working days) I’m still yet to get my brp. I’ve reported on the gov.uk a couple of times and the responses seem like a template - brp delivery team says it’s not a delivery issue and that a case worker will reach out to me meanwhile no further communication, no one has reached out to me. Same thing when I call their office.

Any advice on what to do?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2022
fatima04:
ILR update

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2022
Used Revolut some days ago as a first timer withdrawing. Opened Coinbase and Revolut minutes apart just to do this.

So the Process used was this Wallet >>Binance>>Coinbase>>Revolut.

Come back with your testimony grin

Viruses:

On the Monzo, my worry is whether there'll be implications even if it goes through.

You know say those of us without ILR/Citizenship sabi fear grin.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2022
TobyTreasure:
Please I need urgent work in London. My course starts in January and I'm already in London. Please is there any agent I can call for some Job before my enrollment. I don't want to be idle at home. Thanks
Hey! Want to earn more for your temp job? Join Indeed Flex today using QSNFE & get a £40 bonus for the 1st shift. https://syft.app/join/QSNFE
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2022
Viruses:
Is there a way to fund binance account and also withdraw from it in UK without any implications.
I use Revolut. I tried it some weeks ago after I read here that banks close accounts and they haven't closed mine. I also used it two days ago.

DoubleN:
Used Revolut some days ago as a first timer withdrawing. Opened Coinbase and Revolut minutes apart just to do this.

So the Process used was this Wallet >>Binance>>Coinbase>>Revolut.

Come back with your testimony grin

Curious, why go through this route and pay more fees? Why not Wallet >> Binance >> Revolut?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2022
fatima04:
ILR update

Congratulations!, defintely not a joke

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Moji12(f): 5:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
AlphaUno:

Google is still your best bet but couch your words in the search bar properly for optimum result. Also, YouTube is a very useful tool.

This is a research you want to embark on, so, treat it as such - your pen and paper.
Do this for sometime and you would be amazed at the amount of knowledge you would gather
Thank you I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by labiola: 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2022
Good evening all.

Please I need to get insurance for my car. someone should please help. All the quote i got from compared and confused were high.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2022
fatima04:
ILR update

Please help me understand the bolded. Justwise et al

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 6:03pm On Dec 13, 2022
dustydee:

I use Revolut. I tried it some weeks ago after I read here that banks close accounts and they haven't closed mine. I also used it two days ago.

Curious, why go through this route and pay more fees? Why not Wallet >> Binance >> Revolut?

I have a Binance NG and couldn't add a UK bank account to it. Adding a Bank account to coinbase is straightforward so I just used it to cash out instead.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wwwtortoise(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2022
Hi Team,
I’ll be moving to Dundee, Scotland by January 2023 and I need someone on ground to ease my settling in.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NevaUgivup: 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2022
wwwtortoise:
Hi Team,
I’ll be moving to Dundee, Scotland by January 2023 and I need someone on ground to ease my settling in.

Yes Sire..... consider it done (lol)

Jokes apart, try de use "pls" and frame your requests well when you arrive

14 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wwwtortoise(m): 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2022
NevaUgivup:
Yes Sire..... consider it done (lol)

Jokes apart, try de use "pls" and frame your requests well when you arrive

Pardon my manners chief.
It was a polite message from intention.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pogracious: 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2022
phyl123:

Just let it go into a rolling contract which means you and your landlord give 1 and 2 months notice respectively.

Thank you for your advise but I said an not renewing based on the fact that I am moving to a different city.Infact these agent seems out to frustrate themselves and not me.I have told them them am leaving on Dec 17 but they say I have to give the notice and stay till Jan17.
I have also tried to reach out if we can reach a common ground but it's all brick wall.I have started paying rent in the other city as I secured the accommodation and so I need this resolved and they are not forthcoming.
Also sent mail and no response.I just don't want any litigation as I don't have money for that one month.How else can one resolve this please
Or anyone that knows a good property solicitor which can help me write this agency people for a fee.i will like to engage such solicitor.i don't like the way the agent is keeping quiet on my numerous communication.it sickening to be sending mails to an organization and they are keeping mum like ...don't pay and see what we will do.
Elders please help
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2022
No since you're sending your BRP it's not required. Ensure you use first class track able post and if possible include a paid track able envelope when sending your BRP e get why

onecoder:
Do I need someone to sign the back of my photo when applying for provisional licence ?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
Those guys be werey so there always would be issues arou d this so avoid them like plague

Viruses:

On the Monzo, my worry is whether there'll be implications even if it goes through.

You know say those of us without ILR/Citizenship sabi fear grin.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 7:57pm On Dec 13, 2022
fatima04:
ILR update

Congratulations Mama!! So this thread is almost 5years old grin ! Well done Jor! Ko easy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.