Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176615 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omoluv5: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2022
We tried to fill a sample form with new details and ticked a different option for the declaration part this morning but another page came up that didn't when he filled the form the last time, but when we got to the IHS payment part it still showed total as 0.0 and we were prompted to continue... now we don't even know where the error was made because obviously it's not even the declaration he earlier made that caused it.

I don't know if it's clear enough, just so confused right now.

Thank you

Viruses:

You said your husband mistakenly declared under 18. Has that mistake been corrected or it does not matter?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omoluv5: 9:16am On Dec 15, 2022
Ah! I just saw this now, so this will work? Thank you so much for your response Justwise, it means alot to me, i'm so so relieved cos right now no extra money to pay visa fees...
Thank God!!!
God bless you!!!

justwise:

Yes they will, those people like money too much, go ahead with the application but keep that money aside as you will need to make the payment at some point.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omoluv5: 9:18am On Dec 15, 2022
I appreciate you! Thanks

bigtt76:
No idea about that but if you have your appointment date sealed, then go for it and see if it works. The option I thought best to avoid issues is what I've suggested. All the best

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harddrive2012: 9:23am On Dec 15, 2022
Thank you. I’ve done that and still same. I guess we’ll just keep relating via email. Abeg any need to tell my employer to tick maintainance column for a registered nurse(band 5) role in NHS? Or it comes automatically ticked?

peacenaija:

Send a mail or remove the zero after +44 like +234 (0) 81>>>>>>>.... just remove the zero also
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 10:02am On Dec 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I can understand the daughter's, but not the wife ........

STOP CHANGING YOUR NAMES, IT DOES NOT SOLIDIFY YOUR UNION....... enough shouting......... grin

They can still apply, regardless......... He does not need to be mentioned, on the application............

He needs to be mentioned otherwise the kids wouldn't get the VISA

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:36am On Dec 15, 2022
CowbellY:

He needs to be mentioned otherwise the kids wouldn't get the VISA

Says who ........... grin

A recent personal encounter............

Husband overstayed his visa over 10 years +, wife recently applied for visiting visa + kids, wife currently in the UK (infact they came visiting 3 days ago).....

Wifey supplied invitation letter ........ Enough said ...... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2022
Yes his status will definitely have an impact. According to the guidelines, both parents must apply together. It wouldn't affect wife's application but the kids will be refused.

Refer to so as to give you an idea https://www.nairaland.com/6954875/uk-student-visa-tier-4/918#114792440

CornOak:
Hello elders.

Please I need clarifications on this issue.

A friend is planning to apply for student visa for herself and her kid. However, the husband is already in the UK and out of status (visiting).

Question: Would the hubby's status (overstay) affect the family's student visa application?

How can they go about it? Your answers, advices, and suggestions would highly be appreciated.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:51am On Dec 15, 2022
Bourne007:
Yes his status will definitely have an impact. According to the guidelines, both parents must apply together. It wouldn't affect wife's application but the kids will be refused.

Refer to so as to give you an idea https://www.nairaland.com/6954875/uk-student-visa-tier-4/918#114792440

If one parent was dead (or unknown location) He went away like ori ti won shon ni igi ..... ... grin

Could he/she apply from heaven............. wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CornOak(m): 10:56am On Dec 15, 2022
Bourne007:

Thanks for the insight, Bourne.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CornOak(m): 10:57am On Dec 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Says who ........... grin

A recent personal encounter............

Husband overstayed his visa over 10 years +, wife recently applied for visiting visa + kids, wife currently in the UK (infact they came visiting 3 days ago).....

Wifey supplied invitation letter ........ Enough said ...... grin

Baba, what were the steps/tricks? This would be helpful. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:59am On Dec 15, 2022
CornOak:

Very simple......... Read between the lines ......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 11:00am On Dec 15, 2022
Omoluv5:
We tried to fill a sample form with new details and ticked a different option for the declaration part this morning but another page came up that didn't when he filled the form the last time, but when we got to the IHS payment part it still showed total as 0.0 and we were prompted to continue... now we don't even know where the error was made because obviously it's not even the declaration he earlier made that caused it.

I don't know if it's clear enough, just so confused right now.

Thank you

I'm more concerned about the error if the VO will see it as an error or mis-representation.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2022
Omoluv5:
Ah! I just saw this now, so this will work? Thank you so much for your response Justwise, it means alot to me, i'm so so relieved cos right now no extra money to pay visa fees...
Thank God!!!
God bless you!!!

Regarding the error your husband made.. add a note to the application during appointment to call the ECO attention to it , the IHS will be sorted out by ECO the moment they noticed it and you will be sent a link to make the payment..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:18am On Dec 15, 2022
CornOak:
Hello elders.

A friend is planning to apply for student visa for herself and her kid. However, the husband is already in the UK and out of status (visiting).

Question: Would the hubby's status (overstay) affect the family's student visa application?

How can they go about it? Your answers, advices, and suggestions would highly be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Your husband’s status in the UK will affect visa application made by any family member linked to him. He probably included his wife and kids name during his visa application, so whether you mention his name or not they will know.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 11:24am On Dec 15, 2022
LOL.. Proof is required to show these scenarios. You know how these guys dey roll na cheesy

Lexusgs430:

If one parent was dead (or unknown location) He went away like ori ti won shon ni igi ..... ... grin

Could he/she apply from heaven............. wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:49am On Dec 15, 2022
Bourne007:
LOL.. Proof is required to show these scenarios. You know how these guys dey roll na cheesy

Remember the case of the man, his wife claimed insurance money (over £1million), stating her husband died in a canoe mishap........... grin

I say no more ......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:49am On Dec 15, 2022
justwise:

Your husband’s status in the UK will affect visa application made by any family member linked to him. He probably included his wife and kids name during his visa application, so whether you mention his name or not they will know.

How do you know he mentioned them ........ wink

Are you aWaRe......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CornOak(m): 12:44pm On Dec 15, 2022
justwise:

Both the wife and the kid were included in his application, just confirmed. shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stenvee: 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hello everyone
Please is anyone into plumbing or has information on how to go into plumbing in this country? embarassed

Cc Justwise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by midasfx(m): 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2022
With the BOE's recent interest rate increase, please what is the implication for those looking to secure mortgage loans?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2022
giselle237:

For learning purposes only smiley can you tell us what worked?
Lol...didn't do anything. I guess he read my post here. So in the morning, he told me he had gotten accommodation and would be moving out. And that was all.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2022
babajeje123:

Lol...didn't do anything. I guess he read my post here. So in the morning, he told me he had gotten accommodation and would be moving out. And that was all.

The meeting point, eventually became the breaking point ............. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2022
Pogracious:

Telling the agent that I am not renewing at the end of the contract does not suffice as notice?
This response was sent to them on October,that is like 2 months notice or it must come with the word NOTICE

Yes it has got to be a written notice.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2022
CornOak:

oga .. single mother or dead father… go and choose is what the elder states persons are saying
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CornOak(m): 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2022
giselle237:
oga .. single mother or dead father… go and choose is what the elder states persons are saying

Thanks egbon. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The meeting point, eventually became the breaking point ............. grin
I won't do such again in my life.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 3:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
bigtt76:
I thought you said Friday? You still left him till Monday? angry

grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chinlov: 3:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
of course they will refuse her....if na you nko?

CornOak:
Hello elders.

Many thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2022
babajeje123:

I won't do such again in my life.

You have joined the long queue of us, that's got a zero % tolerance, to offering a spare room ......... grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2022
giselle237:

Short term solution....if they do this then it would be nigh on impossible for them to be an[i]official[/i] couple in the UK(if they still plan to be together) or for the husband to regularise his status through the wife (if this is what they were hoping)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Zahra29: 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Remember the case of the man, his wife claimed insurance money (over £1million), stating her husband died in a canoe mishap........... grin

I say no more ......... wink

Didn't they both get caught and sentenced to prison? I'm sure there was a documentary about them on the Beeb or somewhere a few months ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:

How do you know he mentioned them ........ wink

Are you aWaRe......... cheesy

They are his ties to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.