Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (799) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170707 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 7:12am On Jan 07, 2023
Osoderi:
Hello house pls I want to confirm if companies in UK allows ones to take unpaid leave.

my friend in U S A took about four months unpaid leave from work to take care of her child and she was given and she still retained her job. so I want to confirm if one can do it here in the UK without been sacked.
Depending on your employer. A relative got 4 months unpaid leave last December to give birth. Why it is unpaid was because she was already pregnant before joining the company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tawak: 7:35am On Jan 07, 2023
Please, does anyone have knowledge of passport tracking? I applied in November 2022 and opted for the special delivery envelope option, but I am yet to receive my passport.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 8:45am On Jan 07, 2023
Tawak:
Please, does anyone have knowledge of passport tracking? I applied in November 2022 and opted for the special delivery envelope option, but I am yet to receive my passport.

You will only be able to track the passport when it’s ready and handed to Royal Mail for delivery.

You will need the tracking number from the special delivery envelope. Use this link https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2023
AlphaUno:

It’s 2023 o and not 2022 angry

You saw the post late

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:04am On Jan 07, 2023
AlphaUno:

So unfortunate it’s that way.

When parents concentrate on packing shift, the kids will find solace in gangs

May Jah help us

smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tolzeal(m): 10:05am On Jan 07, 2023
bigtt76:
Sign up with Credit Ladder using this https://www.creditladder.co.uk/join/4kN2nMj0DmjpABDL jooooor kiss

I used your link . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tolzeal(m): 10:11am On Jan 07, 2023
LaXxOnebody:
I guess I've been lucky with my credit score. Its 572 and I'm just under 2 months in the country.

I opened 3 accounts and had a significant inflow of about £5k so I don't know if that helped.

Are these Main Street banks or digital banks ? I received quite good inflow as-well but checking with ClearScore isn’t as up to that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:18am On Jan 07, 2023
Nice one, thank you

Tolzeal:

I used your link . Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 11:32am On Jan 07, 2023
Hi guys,

Please would it raise flags if I received like £9000 in my account?

I want to sell some USDT.

I use revolut, monzo and Lloyds just incase it would make any difference.

Please help.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:32am On Jan 07, 2023
Anyone gone for passport renewal recently. What are the list of things you need to present at the appointment? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:38am On Jan 07, 2023
Credit score is about how best you utilise credits and repay back promptly not necessarily a measure of your cash inflows.

1. Do you pay your bills via direct debit promptly?
2. Do you have a credit card facility? How much do you spend from the limit?
3. Do you apply and get rejected for credit facilities very often?
4. Do you have multiple accounts and have you closed any recently?
5. Are you on the electoral roll?
6. Do you move homes very often?

Some questions you need to answer to get the reason why your score is low.

Note also that there are about 4 credit reporting agencies in UK and their scores are not at the same level.

Tolzeal:

Are these Main Street banks or digital banks ? I received quite good inflow as-well but checking with ClearScore isn’t as up to that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kwakudtraveller(m): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2023
Goke7:

Please don't ever feel bad in anyway, it's what you have done after or build on that third class that matters. I had a third class too but after developing myself over the years, I have ended up in one of the big 4 here in the uk. You're good where you are now, just keep developing yourself.
Chairman, based on your experience, what finance roles make the most money here in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
Use this - https://track.immigration.gov.ng/ ...at least to know if dem don print am sef cheesy

Tawak:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2023
You got to be careful when it comes to selling USDT to GBP using any of the banks listed especially if P2P. You can't be sure of the source of funds used in paying you and if any issue the funds are tracked to your account, shei you know say na only you de visible not the seller cheesy

Teasing though but be very careful. Do it piecemeal and use Revolut for the transactions, move the funds gradually to your Llyods account. Monzo head nor de ground so avoid to avoid matters that touches cheesy

If you are a student, you can attribute it as your school feels being repartriated but if you are worker ....I guess HMRC fit choook eye inside oo cheesy

Newbie123:
Hi guys,

Please would it raise flags if I received like £9000 in my account?

I want to sell some USDT.

I use revolut, monzo and Lloyds just incase it would make any difference.

Please help.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2023
bigtt76:
You got to be careful when it comes to selling USDT to GBP using any of the banks listed especially if P2P. You can't be sure of the source of funds used in paying you and if any issue the funds are tracked to your account, shei you know say na only you de visible not the seller cheesy

Teasing though but be very careful. Do it piecemeal and use Revolut for the transactions, move the funds gradually to your Llyods account. Monzo head nor de ground so avoid to avoid matters that touches cheesy

If you are a student, you can attribute it as your school feels being repartriated but if you are worker ....I guess HMRC fit choook eye inside oo cheesy

Thanks a lot. This is noted

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:22pm On Jan 07, 2023
Annie001:
Where are you people seeing job ooo
Abeg
I have been jobless since I got here in September.
Any suggestion will be appreciated

Where in the UK are you?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2023
brine:
Does anyone know where I can get an internship placement for my kid brother in Doncaster? He's a computer scientist looking for a 6months internship. I've already checked indeed, glasdoor, linkedIn and totaljobs.

Thank you as you provide me with a link or something cheesy

Paid internship or otherwise?

it depends on when he wants to start. I think there are lots of internship opportunities in the summer
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ITboymartin(m): 4:59pm On Jan 07, 2023
please oo,is there any loan provider here, if there is what is the requirement. I am a student in the UK

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by brine(m): 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2023
hustla:

Paid internship or otherwise?

it depends on when he wants to start. I think there are lots of internship opportunities in the summer

Thank you for your response. I don't mind tbh. Paid or Unpaid. We just want somewhere he'll be able to gain experience.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2023
brine:

Thank you for your response. I don't mind tbh. Paid or Unpaid. We just want somewhere he'll be able to gain experience.

He can sign up for 10,000 Black interns (Paid) or Cyblack (Unpaid) when the new cohort is out

He can also check GRCAfriq (Unpaid )on Twitter for a new cohort if he is interested in Governance, Risk and Compliance in IT

smiley

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2023
Ok
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2023
What you de look for loan for?

ITboymartin:
please oo,is there any loan provider here, if there is what is the requirement. I am a student in the UK

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ITboymartin(m): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2023
bigtt76:
What you de look for loan for?

na my fees
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Iruobe1987: 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hello everyone, please my dependant just got a bill for council tax, I thought he should be covered since I am a student. Is he suppose to pay?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tolzeal(m): 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
bigtt76:
Credit score is about how best you utilise credits and repay back promptly not necessarily a measure of your cash inflows.

1. Do you pay your bills via direct debit promptly?
2. Do you have a credit card facility? How much do you spend from the limit?
3. Do you apply and get rejected for credit facilities very often?
4. Do you have multiple accounts and have you closed any recently?
5. Are you on the electoral roll?
6. Do you move homes very often?

Some questions you need to answer to get the reason why your score is low.

Note also that there are about 4 credit reporting agencies in UK and their scores are not at the same level.

1. yes , I have my internet bill on DD
2 . My score is low. I once try to get Amex but got rejected . So I’m giving it room ( months ) to try improve on credit before going on another trial.
3. Answered
4. No. Even though I was almost trying Bank scalping couple of months back due to juicy offers just moving banks . But I didn’t.
5. Yes , I registered on ER recently.
6. I’ve only been here for less than 3 months. That might have well add to it. And literally just paying rents approximately 2 months ago after staying in the hotel for a month .

I believe ClearScore uses Experian . That’s the only credit agent I’m currently reporting to using creditladder free plan.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2023
Nice one. Did you registered successfully for ER or you were rejected? I got my AMEX within weeks of entering the UK.

You might be right on the Clearscore using Experian. Most of them interconnect but Experian takes longer to update your scores compared to TransUnion (I use them through Totally Money - free).

Tolzeal:

1. yes , I have my internet bill on DD
2 . My score is low. I once try to get Amex but got rejected . So I’m giving it room ( months ) to try improve on credit before going on another trial.
3. Answered
4. No. Even though I was almost trying Bank scalping couple of months back due to juicy offers just moving banks . But I didn’t.
5. Yes , I rejected on ER recently
6. I’ve only been here for less than 3 months. That might have well add to it. And literally just paying rents approximately 2 months ago after staying in the hotel for a month .

I believe ClearScore uses Experian . That’s the only credit agent I’m currently reporting to using creditladder free plan.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2023
Choi ....I feel you undecided

ITboymartin:
na my fees
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
Iruobe1987:
Hello everyone, please my dependant just got a bill for council tax, I thought he should be covered since I am a student. Is he suppose to pay?
He just need to mail them with the necssary proof .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 7:44pm On Jan 07, 2023
Iruobe1987:
No, let him write your council and send your brps and your own council tax exemption letter. You can download the letter from your Uni evision.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
bigtt76:
Choi ....I feel you undecided

Anytime I check your profile picture, i just dey always laugh

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LaXxOnebody(m): 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
Okay

Monzo bounced me.

1. So I opened a Lloyds Classic, Revolut & Monese (both basic accounts).

2. No credit card yet. I'm going to be shopping for one soon.

3. I paid 6 months of rent at once via a transfer from my Lloyd's. I just paid British Gas via Direct Debit for Electricity & Gas on the 26th of December. Phone & Internet will come on live this January.

Water bill.is on my wife's account. I also just registered and got confirmation of being on the electoral register.

bigtt76:
Impressive. For the benefit of others, can you share the following details

1. Type of accounts you opened
2. Type of credit card (if any)?
3. How do you pay your bills?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pheranmie(m): 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
Goke7:

Please don't ever feel bad in anyway, it's what you have done after or build on that third class that matters. I had a third class too but after developing myself over the years, I have ended up in one of the big 4 here in the uk. You're good where you are now, just keep developing yourself.

Thank you God bless you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.