Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,876 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1168783 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by papayum009: 8:55am On Nov 15, 2021
idolda:

Let her package her CV then go to tracjob or NHS job portal and look for HCA jobs for overseas applicants and apply she should only apply to the ones who are ready to sponsor overseas workers
Thanks alot!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 8:56am On Nov 15, 2021
idolda:

Why not apply for Masters in Nursing with preregistration? After completing this you can easily get your licence and apply for a Tier 2 visa which is a cheaper alternative than post study work visa route which is not counted towards ILR

Would she need to have had a BSc in Nursing and any nursing accreditations from Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seunbobo: 8:59am On Nov 15, 2021
I have a BA voucher: my brother bought the flight ticket as a gift I bought another without knowing he already bought me one. BA said they can't refund us cash but I can use or transfer the ticket voucher to anyone , it is worth $689 most be used before October 2022. I will give it out ... with a discount of 100 dollars . Please anyone interested should send me a message . I need Christmas money abeg .

I am interested. How can i reach you...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ocpaschal: 9:40am On Nov 15, 2021
tshoboy:

He just kept checking the post office every other week.
UKVI emailed people about the delay,
but they didn’t email everyone. He didn’t get the email either, but he kept checking every week. Also, his wife’s own came out a week before his and their daughter’s.
So, just keep checking, but you report to UKVI in the meantime. https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived
Ok, already reported to the ukvi on this website too since last week Monday.. i heard that they respond on five working days, which is meant to be today.. But i really thought that UKVI had phone number
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LadyIE: 11:29am On Nov 15, 2021
Please is it possible to apply for a masters in Nursing without any work experience and BSC in nursing. I have MBA in Healthcare management and also going for a masters in public health
idolda:

Why not apply for Masters in Nursing with preregistration? After completing this you can easily get your licence and apply for a Tier 2 visa which is a cheaper alternative than post study work visa route which is not counted towards ILR

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:31am On Nov 15, 2021

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by romola21: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2021
Hello all,

I need your advice. I've been in the UK since
2nd of October and yet to receive BRP. I didn't receive a delay mail and I have been checking the post office every week.

I have contacted Ukvi contact centre, the call agent gave me a number to dial but the number is not in use anymore.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teettyllayho: 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
idolda:

Thank you. I just made my research on Nursing at Teesside uni and I think I'll have to prove my English proficiency. Do I need to sit for IELTS or use my WAEC result as indicated. I don't know if WAEC result can be used.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iboboyswag(m): 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2021
So, I said I was going to update the group on how it goes irrespective of the outcome.

As advised by a few people here, we wrote to the home office requesting for an exceptional assurance. We followed the approach suggested by tobexin and Contra5 and thank God, we have just received a notification granting our request.

We were given an extra 3 months until February 2022. This should be enough.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who took out time to respond with a possible solution.

Justwise, quite unlike what I had expected, your words were soothing and encouraging. Thank you very much.

Tobexin, the fire in your words were just all that I needed to gain some confidence in the approach. Like I said, I had been advised to go the route, but I wasn't confident in the outcome. Thank you plenty for taking it up like it was your trouble.

Contra5, you made it all make sense. It went just as you had commented. Your insight was the key that broke the lock. I really appreciate you. Thank you.

Lagosismyhome, Ma'am graceful as ever. I admire your online personality and can only imagine how wonderful you must be offline.

Dupyshoo, thank you for coming through. I appreciate.

Theguyfromhr, although I couldn't lawyer up, your interest was timely. Thank you.

Now, there were others who had absolutely no solution to offer, rather than keep shut and just pass, they chose to pass scathing remarks, and conjure wild insinuations.

While the remarks are confined to the gutters where they rightfully belong, it is the insinuations that are disturbing. Because, I can't imagine how a supposed educated adult can come up with "supposed factual statements" on issues they barely have the facts.

I assume that the right approach would be to ask questions. But no! You chose instead to bask in your self-absorbed nature of sanctimony. Now, that's a problem we have on here. People are often quick to pass negative judgements on what they do not completely understand and by that, tilt the conversation or scare others who may have challenges that requires helpful inputs.

It is all shades of wrong. Yes, I concede no one owes anyone a comment but then I expect that adults would comport themselves as adults.

To you who may have a challenge but are too scared to speak up because of these ones, speak up but ignore them. These ones claim to know it all and are quick to state their thoughts no matter how wrong or how stupid it may sound. Ignore them.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ocpaschal: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2021
tshoboy:

He just kept checking the post office every other week.
UKVI emailed people about the delay,
but they didn’t email everyone. He didn’t get the email either, but he kept checking every week. Also, his wife’s own came out a week before his and their daughter’s.
So, just keep checking, but you report to UKVI in the meantime. https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived
exactly, the UKVI did not email him too. My bro always went to post office weekly, and still nothing. He will go to post office tomorrow. Too bad int'l students could face an avoidable challenge due to lack of info. He also filled in his details on this link last week but no response since last Monday (a week ago). Is it advisable for him to be requesting for answers on the BRP delay from UKVI repeatedly to see if they can reply soonest?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by profemebee(m): 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
Thanks for this important advice.

I was to apply this week, and i have my spousal visa extension for mid next year.

I will hold off on this entirely.

Specialtee:
Hello all.

First of all I want to say thank you to all who keep posting and providing those of us who have newly migrated or planning to with so much valuable information. This thread, especially part 1 has been a treasure trove for me and my family. God bless you all.

Secondly, I will like to contribute this important information, as my own way of helping out as well. It comes in form of a warning, Please do not send your BRP to the DVLA at this time in the name of applying for a provisional licence, if you have any intentions of travelling or using it to apply for work within at least 6 months. There are terrible delays at this time, people are having to cancel weddings, not able to visit sick parents, not being able to get a job or work etc because the DVLA is holding their BRP or passport and there is no way to contact them to send it back earlier. A quick Twitter search will show you hundreds of people who are crying out of frustration with only bots giving them standard replies. My advice is not to apply for your provisional licence yet, enter bus, train and uber and postpone your application till you don't need the BRP for at least 6 months to even a full year! Also when you do send it, pay extra to send it by special delivery signed for mail ( to and fro) so that if anything happens along the way, you have evidence it was sent to them and also that you included a signed for, self-addressed envelope to them to send it back.
I also applied and my BRP has been with them since August, I am hoping and praying they return it soon by God's grace because the matter has now become one that requires God's intervention.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by geobreezyt: 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
Is there anyone schooling/living in Belfast here?

fatima04:
Hello Everyone for useful tips on visa application, living in the UK and other information visit part 1 of the thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4158866/living-uk-life-uk-immigrant#62102073

For questions on Studying in the UK, please refer to the UK student thread on the below link and try not to derail the thread with student enquiries

https://www.nairaland.com/6712649/uk-student-visa-tier-4#105017249.

Now let's go make some more memories 3years after the thread was created.

Modified

Added below link to provide a summary of common questions regarding student visa. Please read

https://www.nairaland.com/6719932/living-uk-life-immigrant-part-2#105186938

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tobexin(m): 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
iboboyswag:
So, I said I was going to update the group on how it goes irrespective of the outcome.

As advised by a few people here, we wrote to the home office requesting for an exceptional assurance. We followed the approach suggested by tobexin and Contra5 and thank God, we have just received a notification granting our request.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who took out time to respond with a possible solution.

Justwise, quite unlike what I had expected, your words were soothing and encouraging. Thank you very much.

Tobexin, the fire in your words were just all that I needed to gain some confidence in the approach. Like I said, I had been advised to go the route, but I wasn't confident in the outcome. Thank you plenty for taking it up like it was your trouble.

Contra5, you made it all make sense. It went just as you had commented. Your insight was the key that broke the lock. I really appreciate you. Thank you.

Lagosismyhome, Ma'am graceful as ever. I admire your online personality and can only imagine how wonderful you must be offline.

Theguyfromhr, although I couldn't lawyer up, your interest was timely. Thank you.

Now, there were others who had absolutely no solution to offer, rather than keep shut and just pass, they chose to pass scathing remarks, and conjure wild insinuations.

While the remarks are confined to the gutters where they rightfully belong, it is the insinuations that are disturbing. Because, I can't imagine how a supposed educated adult can come up with "supposed factual statements" on issues they barely have the facts about.

I assume that the right approach would be to ask questions. But no! You chose instead to bask in your self-absorbed nature of sanctimony. Now, that's a problem we have on here. People are often quick to pass negative judgements on what they do not completely understand and by that, tilt the conversation or scare others who may have challenges that requires helpful inputs.

It is all shades of wrong. Yes, I concede no one owes anyone a comment but then I expect that adults would comport themselves as adults.

To you who may have a challenge but are to scared to speak up because of these ones, ignore them. These ones claim to know it all and are quick to state their thoughts no matter how wrong or how stupid it may sound. Ignore them.

one love bro! I don’t give false information …. I hardly come on here because we have some people that believe they know it all in Uk lol…. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by steadyMoving22: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2021
iboboyswag:

While the remarks are confined to the gutters where they rightfully belong, it is the insinuations that are disturbing. Because, I can't imagine how a supposed educated adult can come up with "supposed factual statements" on issues they barely have the facts about.

To you who may have a challenge but are to scared to speak up because of these ones, ignore them. These ones claim to know it all and are quick to state their thoughts no matter how wrong or how stupid it may sound. Ignore them.

congrats man

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adewumi2888(m): 7:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
Good day Gurus in the house!!
Got my BRP today but no NI on it....
Do I need to go apply for it straightaway ?
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Adewumi2888:
Good day Gurus in the house!!
Got my BRP today but no NI on it....
Do I need to go apply for it straightaway ?
Thanks
Yes, you have to apply seperately for that.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 7:19pm On Nov 15, 2021
Congrats!!! That should give you enough time to finish and apply for psw. Wish you all the best.
iboboyswag:

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who took out time to respond with a possible

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 7:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
ocpaschal:
exactly, the UKVI did not email him too. My bro always went to post office weekly, and still nothing. He will go to post office tomorrow. Too bad int'l students could face an avoidable challenge due to lack of info. He also filled in his details on this link last week but no response since last Monday (a week ago). Is it advisable for him to be requesting for answers on the BRP delay from UKVI repeatedly to see if they can reply soonest?

He should just report on the ukvi website and keep checking the post office. Also give them 20 days to respond after reporting online before you call UKVI and don't report online repeatedly as your previous report gets wiped out and the 20 days starts counting all over.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iboboyswag(m): 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
Tobexin:
one love bro! I don’t give false information …. I hardly come on here because we have some people that believe they know it all in Uk lol…. Congratulations

Thank you my brother...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iboboyswag(m): 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2021
dupyshoo:
Congrats!!! That should give you enough time to finish and apply for psw. Wish you all the best.

Sure... It is more than enough time. Thank you again
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2021
iboboyswag:

While the remarks are confined to the gutters where they rightfully belong, it is the insinuations that are disturbing. Because, I can't imagine how a supposed educated adult can come up with "supposed factual statements" on issues they barely have the facts.

To you who may have a challenge but are too scared to speak up because of these ones, speak up but ignore them. These ones claim to know it all and are quick to state their thoughts no matter how wrong or how stupid it may sound. Ignore them.

Congratulations, I almost commented on how many people were mean and inferring absurd things like "I find it difficult why people cannot focus on their studies". If they said that to you would you be happy? haba

Sometimes this place can be toxic. Most of us are here for the same purpose to live and survive, now why is it difficult to help your fellow brother, but no you rather laugh at people's struggles.

May God guide you through going forward.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by girlsupersonic(f): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hello please does anyone have any info on Cumbria area. What life is like in Cumbria, accommodation, community, if its expensive and the university of Cumbria. Any info about this would help. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 9:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
iboboyswag:

Thank God for positive update

I agree.... some comments were really not necessary. Why must anyone assumed that it because someone was working instead of schooling. What if its because someone is dyslexic (like me) or not strong academically or had other issues.... why must there be a judge and a jury . Painting every situation with the same brush.

Let try to offer solution if we can , if we can't then keep it moving . Really glad to hear its sorted

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ocpaschal: 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
dubaiprince:

He should just report on the ukvi website and keep checking the post office. Also give them 20 days to respond after reporting online before you call UKVI and don't report online repeatedly as your previous report gets wiped out and the 20 days starts counting all over.
hmm, although I have only reported once at their gov.uk website, but someone earlier advised that I can send another report again on the UKVI gov website concerning BRP to ensure that they get my attention quickly.. Which one pesin go do
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by idolda: 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
LadyIE:
Please is it possible to apply for a masters in Nursing without any work experience and BSC in nursing. I have MBA in Healthcare management and also going for a masters in public health

Some universities admit people who have no health related degrees while others will need those with prior life experience in the health field. You can use volunteering experience (you know what i mean) to get health related experience some require.

I will advise you check individual university's admission requirements and apply (even if you think you are not qualified sebi application is free)

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by idolda: 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
Teettyllayho:

Thank you. I just made my research on Nursing at Teesside uni and I think I'll have to prove my English proficiency. Do I need to sit for IELTS or use my WAEC result as indicated. I don't know if WAEC result can be used.

Most schools accept WAEC in place of IELTS from applicants from Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
ocpaschal:
hmm, although I have only reported once at their gov.uk website, but someone earlier advised that I can send another report again on the UKVI gov website concerning BRP to ensure that they get my attention quickly.. Which one pesin go do

I had the same issue last year when I got into the UK. Infact I got my BRP after 3 months of arrival. I kept reporting online using the brp link doing it like 5 times daily and got no response. I then called UKVI (BRP unit) and was informed to report using the link just once and wait for 20days. I was told multiple reporting would amount to wiping out your previous report. Just report once and be patient. another thing you can do is to involve your MP to chase the Home Office

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
girlsupersonic:
Hello please does anyone have any info on Cumbria area. What life is like in Cumbria, accommodation, community, if its expensive and the university of Cumbria. Any info about this would help. Thank you

Nice, quite and conservative community. Accommodation is cheap. Uni has a number of campuses depending on the course you are taking
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
iboboyswag:

Congratulations, glad it worked out at the end.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ocpaschal: 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
dubaiprince:

I had the same issue last year when I got into the UK. Infact I got my BRP after 3 months of arrival. I kept reporting online using the brp link doing it like 5 times daily and got no response. I then called UKVI (BRP unit) and was informed to report using the link just once and wait for 20days. I was told multiple reporting would amount to wiping out your previous report. Just report once and be patient. another thing you can do is to involve your MP to chase the Home Office
wow, but why does it take up to 20 days for them to respond? they are terrible... It is even a challenge to get a job in UK without BRP. My brother went for a job interview today, and after showing his other documents and going through the interview process, he was told that he needs to present his share code (which can only be obtained by inputting your BRP number on the gov site) in order for d employer to check your eligibility to work for 20hrs as a foreign student and also confirm from UKVI too.. So this BRP delay is frustrating, and he's one step away from getting the healthcare job, but the employer said he would have to bring his BRP when it's ready...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ocpaschal: 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
dubaiprince:

it is surprising that they can treat international students this way, on this BRP delay crisis

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.