Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169206 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
beryour:
Turkish airline to Birmingham.

British Airways to London then Train to Birmingham

Kanoko to your exact destination.

Choose your choice from the above

I go need your last option bro.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teettyllayho: 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hi @Justwise and anyone living in the UK. I've been a silent follower of this thread for a while now and I'll appreciate it if I can get answers to some questions:
Background information:
I'm applying for Masters in Public Health in the UK. I will be moving with hubby and three kids. I work as a freelancer on Upwork with at least $500 monthly. I'm positive that being outside the shores of this country will help me earn more online since clients prefer people in Europe. I will work offline while I study too.
He will apply for study visa too after I'm done with my one year plus two years psw and we can pursue our residency.
My Dilema:
Hubby is skeptical about moving with everyone since we will be selling off our properties to make this move.
He's suggesting that we take the Canada route but the processing is a big headache for me. I'm opting for UK because of the ease of gaining admission and processing.
I will like to know if moving with three kids and selling off our assets is a good move or not. Thanks for your anticipated responses.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by captainhoo: 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
Teettyllayho:
Hi @Justwise and anyone living in the UK. I've been a silent follower of this thread for a while now and I'll appreciate it if I can get answers to some questions:
Background information:
I'm applying for Masters in Public Health in the UK. I will be moving with hubby and three kids. I work as a freelancer on Upwork with at least $500 monthly. I'm positive that being outside the shores of this country will help me earn more online since clients prefer people in Europe. I will work offline while I study too.
He will apply for study visa too after I'm done with my one year plus two years psw and we can pursue our residency.
My Dilema:
Hubby is skeptical about moving with everyone since we will be selling off our properties to make this move.
He's suggesting that we take the Canada route but the processing is a big headache for me. I'm opting for UK because of the ease of gaining admission and processing.
I will like to know if moving with three kids and selling off our assets is a good move or not. Thanks for your anticipated responses.

If the canada route is through studies, you can try it but UK is easier, has less payments to be made pre-visa, and have better guaranty with visa with studies than Canada.

If it is by Express entry, no one knows what canada is doing with the EE, a bird at hand..... Also, you can always pursue the EE from the UK while you study. Many ways leads to the market..

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mashaunola:
Please help me it’s urgent!!!

Please which flight can I book that does not require a transit visa during layover. Please your kind response will be appreciated.
My destination is UK

All don't require transit except the European Union ones KLM, Air France and maybe Luftanza.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teettyllayho: 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
captainhoo:

If the canada route is through studies, you can try it but UK is easier, has less payments to be made pre-visa, and have better guaranty with visa with studies than Canada.

If it is by Express entry, no one knows what canada is doing with the EE, a bird at hand..... Also, you can always pursue the EE from the UK while you study. Many ways leads to the market..

Alright. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 12:31am On Nov 13, 2021
Teettyllayho:
Background information:
My Dilema:

With questions like this, personal experiences differ so expect contrasting opinions. With the Uk you are almost guaranteed visa but its quite an expensive route with 3 kids. for IHS+Visa fee you will pay roughly $650 x 5, when you are applying for post study you will pay GBP1,900 x 5(you hubby and 3 kids). Just trying to put it in perspective for you. Also am not sure as a student you can legally continue your freelance work . I know student visa are meant to stay away from gig economy jobs. You might want to research that further. After a masters in canada you have 3 years post study as against 2 years in the uk, you are eligible for EE and if you school is in one of the provinces that offer PNP, you might qualify for PNP(you might want to make it your criteria for choice of school).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obitryce(m): 5:25am On Nov 13, 2021
Mashaunola:

My destination is UK Birmingham

I feel Qatar airways to Manchester should be your best option. Then take a train, bus or taxi to Birmingham.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 10:41am On Nov 13, 2021
Good morning my people,

Please a friend on Tier 2 visa just discovered that it 'Restricted Work' was written on her spouse's visa (Dependant).

I told her it must be a mistake as he should not be restricted. Has anyone had this experience please, how long did it take UKVI to correct it?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
tushqueen:
Good morning my people,

Please a friend on Tier 2 visa just discovered that it 'Restricted Work' was written on her spouse's visa (Dependant).

I told her it must be a mistake as he should not be restricted. Has anyone had this experience please, how long did it take UKVI to correct it?

It’s normal. The Restricted there is that he’s not allowed to do medical/dental training and certain other types that I can’t remember right now. But it should be detailed in the letter they gave them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mashaunola: 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
Please help!!!!

Please can some help me with affordable and reliable clinic in the Uk that I can purchase my 2 to 8 day test kit. In addition, I want to opt in for the test to release option after 5 days. Please does anyone know about this.

Your kind response will be appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olalekank(m): 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
Mashaunola:
Please help!!!!

Please can some help me with affordable and reliable clinic in the Uk that I can purchase my 2 to 8 day test kit. In addition, I want to opt in for the test to release option after 5 days. Please does anyone know about this.

You’ll get an answer to these questions faster if you just went on Google.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hwy9: 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
Mashaunola:
Please help!!!!

https://dantelabs.co.uk/
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hwy9:

https://dantelabs.co.uk/

Is not this same dante labs that people have been complaining about recently.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
Santa2:

With questions like this, personal experiences differ so expect contrasting opinions. With the Uk you are guaranteed visa but its quite an expensive route with 3 kids.

Since when? It may be easier to get a UK visa but getting it is not guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2021
obitryce:

I feel Qatar airways to Manchester should be your best option. Then take a train, bus or taxi to Birmingham

shocked shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by papayum009: 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2021
Good evening, gurus in the house!!.. please i want to make some inquiry on behalf of my aunt. she is a Licensed Community Health Practitioner and working with state government with over 20 years work experience and she is willing to migrate to United Kingdom. Pls how can she go about it? what are the process ? did she need to write any professional exams?.. Pls, I will be expecting a feedback ..Thanks and God bless
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:24am On Nov 14, 2021
DisGuy:

shocked shocked

Wetin nah ...... It's only a distance of 95 miles...... cheesy

Options was given ....... As your pocket deep reach on the day...... You decide ...... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Wetin nah ...... It's only a distance of 95 miles...... cheesy

Options was given ....... As your pocket deep reach on the day...... You decide ...... wink

Black cab is very cheap for such journeys!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OSCARTM: 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
hustla:

Thanks a lot! May God make your days long!

I do have some experience in Cloud Computing & reasonable Identity and Access Management knowledge - hopefully that would count

For the smaller consulting firms, is there any where i can look them up or a Google search would suffice for a list?

Bookmarked for future reference

Every knowledge gathered in IT is very relevant in its compliance, security and audit; for example, I see some people look down on IT Support role, the knowledge gathered in that role can be useful when reviewing Network Access Control (NAC). Your knowledge in IAM stated above will be useful in the information security departments of some companies.

LinkedIn is a good place to search these consulting firms, try to set-up job notifications on LinkedIn, you'll see their openings whenever they are available.
If you are in the U.K, try Indeed, Total jobs, CWjobs, CV Library and so on, recruiters will reach out to you.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teettyllayho: 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
Santa2:

With questions like this, personal experiences differ so expect contrasting opinions. With the Uk you are guaranteed visa but its quite an expensive route with 3 kids. for IHS+Visa fee you will pay roughly $650 x 5, when you are applying for post study you will pay GBP1,900 x 5(you hubby and 3 kids). Just trying to put it in perspective for you. Also am not sure as a student you can legally continue your freelance work . I know student visa are meant to stay away from gig economy jobs. You might want to research that further. After a masters in canada you have 3 years post study as against 2 years in the uk, you are eligible for EE and if you school is in one of the provinces that offer PNP, you might qualify for PNP(you might want to make it your criteria for choice of school).

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

When I got CISSP, I was able to waive one year off because I had Security+ earlier. Learning CISSP will take it's toll on you but doable!. To your question, if you pass the exam before you have the requisite experience, you are allowed to use Associate of ISC2 but not the full CISSP designation.

I check CISSP requirements

I do have one of the Microsoft Security certs listed there so I guess I can get 1 year off too

Thanks for your input smiley

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
OSCARTM:

Every knowledge gathered in IT is very relevant in its compliance, security and audit; for example, I see some people look down on IT Support role, the knowledge gathered in that role can be useful when reviewing Network Access Control (NAC). Your knowledge in IAM stated above will be useful in the information security departments of some companies.

LinkedIn is a good place to search these consulting firms, try to set-up job notifications on LinkedIn, you'll see their openings whenever they are available.
If you are in the U.K, try Indeed, Total jobs, CWjobs, CV Library and so on, recruiters will reach out to you.

Thanks

I appreciate smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ocpaschal: 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
Pls I have not been able to get my Resident Permit (BRP) in UK since I arrived on 19th October for studies.. It's meant to be delivered at post office but nothing has been done yet, and three weeks have passed. Pls what could be the problem? I have already contacted the UK Home office by their gov.uk website since last Monday but no mail response. How do I contact or call the UK Visa Home Office?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Icesnow(f): 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Lexusgs430:

As ridiculous as this might sound....... Buy a moped and start doing uber eats, deliveroo, just eats etc etc ............... cheesy
Hi! Pls can you expantiate on this? Is it possible to do this without UK driver's licence and how do u apply for this? Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 11:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
ocpaschal:
Pls I have not been able to get my Resident Permit (BRP) in UK since I arrived on 19th October for studies.. It's meant to be delivered at post office but nothing has been done yet, and three weeks have passed. Pls what could be the problem? I have already contacted the UK Home office by their gov.uk website since last Monday but no mail response. How do I contact or call the UK Visa Home Office?
I think a lot of people are having this issue. I know someone who came in same time as you and only got his this Tuesday. So, yours might become available this week.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
Icesnow:
Hi! Pls can you expantiate on this? Is it possible to do this without UK driver's licence and how do u apply for this? Thanks.

You don't require a full licence, to ride a moped........ If you don't want the moped Wàhálà.......... Use a bicycle....... All that is required, is blood...... grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Googledrive12: 12:32am On Nov 15, 2021
Mashaunola:
Please help me it’s urgent!!!

Please which flight can I book that does not require a transit visa during layover. Please your kind response will be appreciated.
My destination is UK

I have a BA voucher: my brother bought the flight ticket as a gift I bought another without knowing he already bought me one. BA said they can't refund us cash but I can use or transfer the ticket voucher to anyone , it is worth $689 most be used before October 2022. I will give it out ... with a discount of 100 dollars . Please anyone interested should send me a message . I need Christmas money abeg .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by idolda: 1:37am On Nov 15, 2021
Teettyllayho:
Background information:
My Dilema:

Why not apply for Masters in Nursing with preregistration? After completing this you can easily get your licence and apply for a Tier 2 visa which is a cheaper alternative than post study work visa route which is not counted towards ILR

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by idolda: 1:41am On Nov 15, 2021
papayum009:
Good evening, gurus in the house!!.. please i want to make some inquiry on behalf of my aunt. she is a Licensed Community Health Practitioner and working with state government with over 20 years work experience and she is willing to migrate to United Kingdom. Pls how can she go about it? what are the process ? did she need to write any professional exams?.. Pls, I will be expecting a feedback ..Thanks and God bless

Let her package her CV then go to tracjob or NHS job portal and look for HCA jobs for overseas applicants and apply she should only apply to the ones who are ready to sponsor overseas workers
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BouharryArtikou: 2:54am On Nov 15, 2021
Googledrive12:

I have a BA voucher: my brother bought the flight ticket as a gift I bought another without knowing he already bought me one. BA said they can't refund us cash but I can use or transfer the ticket voucher to anyone , it is worth $689 most be used before October 2022. I will give it out ... with a discount of 100 dollars . Please anyone interested should send me a message . I need Christmas money abeg .

I sent you a PM
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ocpaschal: 7:51am On Nov 15, 2021
tshoboy:

I think a lot of people are having this issue. I know someone who came in same time as you and only got his this Tuesday. So, yours might become available this week.
It is a serious dilemma.. Pls do you know if he was able to contact the UK Home office or if he took some specific action? Pls can you help me find out from him...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 8:52am On Nov 15, 2021
ocpaschal:
It is a serious dilemma.. Pls do you know if he was able to contact the UK Home office or if he took some specific action? Pls can you help me find out from him...
He just kept checking the post office every other week.
UKVI emailed people about the delay,
but they didn’t email everyone. He didn’t get the email either, but he kept checking every week. Also, his wife’s own came out a week before his and their daughter’s.
So, just keep checking, but you report to UKVI in the meantime. https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.