Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1193033 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sugarkemi(m): 5:06pm On Feb 18, 2023
Solumtoya:

Are you sorted?

No.please kindly help
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2023
Akorkor:

You can drive with your Nigeria licence for a year now.
Been here more than a year.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2023
bigtt76:
£25 per hour cheesy

Show love na cool
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:59pm On Feb 18, 2023
Pogracious:

How do you use 150litres/day .You people should enlighten me pls

Honestly i don't know, i don't use water with the cost in mind, i don't take shorter shower just to save cost, the same with my family.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2023
gergemam:
Hello people,

Please how do you go about paying taxes when working as a dependant though you and your spouse stays together.

Ejo ooooo.... Company no specify any about taxes for contract and it is a permanent position

There's no seperate way. The tax is deducted but your employer and remitted to HMRC
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 7:43pm On Feb 18, 2023
CowbellY:

There's no seperate way. The tax is deducted but your employer and remitted to HMRC

Alright, Thanks. So I don't need to worry bah?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by stephoye: 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2023
Hi, please how do I set up IPTV on my smart TV. I don't have a firestick.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chrisnwaa123: 11:10pm On Feb 18, 2023
It can't be installed without the owner's consent lol. The flat I bought doesn't have water meter, and was even adviced by d customer rep not to request for one.

What about if a water meter was installed, after you bought the property...........😂😜💰[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by chrisnwaa123: 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2023
Oh nice to know. Start searching for student accommodations in derby asap. Btw, I live in Derby, but not alone.

k8nd of, soeone helped around Bournemouth so i still need to move to derby asap as going and fro is no childs play over 10hours to and fro

[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:02am On Feb 19, 2023
chrisnwaa123:
It can't be installed without the owner's consent lol. The flat I bought doesn't have water meter, and was even adviced by d customer rep not to request for one.

What about if a water meter was installed, after you bought the property...........😂😜💰

You would have no choice, if your utility company is rolling out water meter to every property they supply......

They have legal protection/provisions to install water metres.......

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7342/#:~:text=Can%20a%20customer%20refuse%20to,for%20example%20a%20smart%20meter).

Go and verify.......😂🤣⏫⏫⏫⏫⏫

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:06am On Feb 19, 2023
stephoye:
Hi, please how do I set up IPTV on my smart TV. I don't have a firestick.

Is your TV running Android.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by stephoye: 2:03am On Feb 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Is your TV running Android.........
Yes it is
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:16am On Feb 19, 2023
stephoye:

Yes it is

You don't require a FS ........ Seek a provider, download complementing app .......

The world would be your oyster.........😜

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 2:20am On Feb 19, 2023
gergemam:

Alright, Thanks. So I don't need to worry bah?

nothing to worry about. when you get your pay, you can request your payslip to see the deductions as well
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 2:49am On Feb 19, 2023
CowbellY:

nothing to worry about. when you get your pay, you can request your payslip to see the deductions as well

Alright Boss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 7:19am On Feb 19, 2023
Solumtoya:

You're a very funny fellow. 300 is below the National average.
Do you know how many liters go each time you flush the Toilets? About 5 liters each flush.
Do you know the shower runs at 12 to 15 litres per minute? If you leave on for 10 minutes, that's 150liters per person.
Do you know the washine machine uses about 50 liters each wash?

Need I go on about cooking or doing dishes? You need to use data before talking of dolphins grin

Back home in Naija, when you used a 2000 liters overhead tank, how long did it last? If 3 days, that's 700 liters daily.

I kuku sabi me i dey whine u ni
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 7:37am On Feb 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

If each resident spends about 15 minutes in the shower, without turning off the taps whilst scrubbing, and on again when required........ If you don't turn off the kitchen tap, between washing, then on again to rinse ....... When brushing your teeth, turn off taps when not required and on again........

Excessively using the washing machine/dish washer etc etc

It's a whole lot of water wasting down the drains...... Water usage discipline is key ........ To cut water bills ......

Honestly we no suopose dey use 15mins dey bath. Ppl need to realize say bathing ur skin too much is not really good. Ur skin need those oil. The skin will sort itself naturally. Dont leave the tap on when brushing. Dont wash unless u have a pile of dirty cloth.

Dont do underwashing by that i mean washing less cloth in the washing machine.

These thins na just sustainable procedures.

Although it is very hard to achieve.

For example even me wey dey talk. I get over 100 tesco nylon. Even when tesco try to put a price on each nylon to make us reuse old nylon. Ppl still dont care they will still pay for new nylon when they have dozens at home they can resuse
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 7:48am On Feb 19, 2023
Please what job do u think a lady with a mba from nigeria can do in uk if such lady does not want to do support or care?

She has experience as a secetary in her dads company in nigeria.

Is it possible for such person to be employed as secetary, receptionist, Personal assistant or any clerical role in uk without any uk experience?

Or which work such person fit do if no be support or care? Asking for someone pls
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by peterbam(m): 7:51am On Feb 19, 2023
Interesting. I wish to find an air bnb owner like that

gergemam:

I had similar experience too, switched in between Airbnb and Hotel. My last Airbnb owner was kind enough to keep canceling booking appointments to extend our stay while we go house hunting. The guy nah real gem.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Wristler: 8:19am On Feb 19, 2023
People of YouKay,
I changed address/county/council

Do I need to be off election register in my former council before registering to vote in the new??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:33am On Feb 19, 2023
Wristler:
People of YouKay,

Do I need to be off election register in my former council before registering to vote in the new??

When you register with your new council, you provide your previous address.......

It's all done automatically...... Unlike INEC's very convoluting and corruption engrained process.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 9:11am On Feb 19, 2023
Rebook same room on Airbnb at least a week before you run out of your current booking and call the owner. That's what I did. Airbnb discounts you if stay in for long too.

peterbam:
Interesting. I wish to find an air bnb owner like that

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 9:13am On Feb 19, 2023
No you are allowed to register at two addresses (if you are a student) but allowed to vote in one only. The idea is if you have an off term time address you can register there and still keep your term time address on the roll.

Wristler:
People of YouKay,

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adebayo82: 9:21am On Feb 19, 2023
Please can somebody share with me the link to apply for AMEX credit card.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mroriginal: 9:32am On Feb 19, 2023
Adebayo82:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:43am On Feb 19, 2023
bigtt76:
No you are allowed to register at two addresses (if you are a student) but allowed to vote in one only. The idea is if you have an off term time address you can register there and still keep your term time address on the roll.

If not a student, nkor .......🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:44am On Feb 19, 2023
Adebayo82:

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/oYEJqJtC?XL=MNTNS

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 11:06am On Feb 19, 2023
🤣🤣🤣 You have to cancel one address to enter another 😀

Lexusgs430:

If not a student, nkor .......🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dotman23(m): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2023

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 12:29pm On Feb 19, 2023
eniola1010:
Please what job do u think a lady with a mba from nigeria can do in uk if such lady does not want to do support or care?

She has experience as a secetary in her dads company in nigeria.

Is it possible for such person to be employed as secetary, receptionist, Personal assistant or any clerical role in uk without any uk experience?

Or which work such person fit do if no be support or care? Asking for someone pls

Abeg o help me answer people of God
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phayie(m): 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2023
Dotman23:
Good morning, please kindly assist a soul with an affordable tier 2 sponsorship link, tier 4 will expire soon and don't really go for PS visa. And I don't have 5k to buy Tier 2...Please help..For God sake.

Ask yourself if what you wrote on public forum makes sense

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.