Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1201033 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ayowolebami(f): 10:13pm On Mar 08, 2023
eniola1010:

Thanks so much. That means a dependent can come in even if its 1week the MA's edu wants to end.

But i understand cheesy's and bigtt's point of view, cus if i be visa officer i fit deny dependent o, na so i wicked reach, cus i go ask u say why u no come since wey be say na wen ur wife school done nearly end u just dey come

Wouldn't advise anyone to take this risk cause dependent has to apply at least 6 months before MA's visa expires and visa vignette expires within 3 months after issue if I'm correct. Let's not forget also that adult dependent can't be out of the UK for more than 180days in a year so if you add all these info, it's unrealistic for dependent to come in a week before MA's visa expires.

I don't wanna believe the person that got dependent visa of 6 months that extended beyond MA's validity. My guess is that he mistook end of session for end of visa (BRP expiration) cause dependent visa solely depends on MA's visa validity and period.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:53pm On Mar 08, 2023
Regex:

7 days. I used Ryanair.

Good stuff

I want to be like you when I grow up grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2023
Hello everyone, If you need a room around woolwich London for a 3weeks to a month for a token, kindly get in touch . Females only
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hkana: 11:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
CheesyTee:
If your wife is the PA and her BRP is set to expire in May, then your visa will be valid till May. Dependent visa tenure ends same date as the primary applicant.

Kindly help clarify.

Like I mentioned in my original post. My wife's BRP was valid till May while mine was till September, issue date was February.

I only made the input to help with the confusion the supposed "6 months" on MA's visa was causing.

Saw someone say I probably mistook course end date for visa expiry date... lol. You're not obliged to believe what I've written just as I'm not obliged to share pictorial evidence. I won't make further comments on this topic.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 11:11pm On Mar 08, 2023
Regex:

£700 including flights, hotel and feeding

Visa free for Nigerians?

Any site you can refer me to for info?

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 11:29pm On Mar 08, 2023
rinzylee:

Visa free for Nigerians? With UK BRP

Any site you can refer me to for info? Just book your ticket

Thank you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 12:30am On Mar 09, 2023
Thanks man
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 5:32am On Mar 09, 2023
No one is doubting you though. I've personally seen some students whose BRP validity extends by a month or two beyond what was issued to their course mates of the same session. Mistakes such as this may innocently happen but doesn't mean it is the norm.

Those students affected as mentioned above, though got extra months compared to their mates, are now in a fix cos after submitting their dissertation, are unable to work full time cos their BRP still sees them as students in school term.

Hkana:

Like I mentioned in my original post. My wife's BRP was valid till May while mine was till September, issue date was February.

I only made the input to help with the confusion the supposed "6 months" on MA's visa was causing.

Saw someone say I probably mistook course end date for visa expiry date... lol. You're not obliged to believe what I've written just as I'm not obliged to share pictorial evidence. I won't make further comments on this topic.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 5:41am On Mar 09, 2023
Not sure the embolden is what happened - a BRP can't expire before end-of-course date rather it is possible the VO made an innocent mistake extending the validity. Becos I have seen some students with extended validity dates on their BRP beyond what their course mates who applied same time got. Now those students are unable to work full time after submitting their dissertation while those who got correct dates have been able to. But I also think it is correct bearing in mind that Feb - May is 4 months left on MA's validity + the extra 4 months usually given, makes the dependent's validty extend to September giving him a total of 8 months.

Ayowolebami:

Wouldn't advise anyone to take this risk cause dependent has to apply at least 6 months before MA's visa expires and visa vignette expires within 3 months after issue if I'm correct. Let's not forget also that adult dependent can't be out of the UK for more than 180days in a year so if you add all these info, it's unrealistic for dependent to come in a week before MA's visa expires.

I don't wanna believe the person that got dependent visa of 6 months that extended beyond MA's validity. My guess is that he mistook end of session for end of visa (BRP expiration) cause dependent visa solely depends on MA's visa validity and period.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 8:00am On Mar 09, 2023
hustla:

Good stuff

I want to be like you when I grow up grin

No be like me oh... 😂 😂 I avoided France and Italy cause of money...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 8:02am On Mar 09, 2023
rinzylee:

Visa free for Nigerians?

Any site you can refer me to for info?

Thank you

booking.com and ryanair.om... These are good sites for flight and hotel bookings. Also try Skyscanner.com and when booking for hotel, book airB&B instead, thank me later.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:16am On Mar 09, 2023
Regex:

No be like me oh... 😂 😂 I avoided France and Italy cause of money...

cheesy

For Italy and France, won't it cost less to Spend like 3 days and avoid the capital of those places?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 8:34am On Mar 09, 2023
hustla:

cheesy

For Italy and France, won't it cost less to Spend like 3 days and avoid the capital of those places?

I needed 7 days off to rest gan. 😂 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 9:50am On Mar 09, 2023
Makes sense
NnenaRita:
I think study end date is different from when your visa expires. There is usually an additional 4 months after. So I guess the wife's study end date was May but visa was valid till September.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2023
CheesyTee:
Makes sense

I think the basis of dependent coming is on the validity of MA's brp, not MA's course end.

Like what i mean is that if MA course ends in May, and MA brp ends in Sept. Its safe to say ukvi considers 6months to Sept as the deadline for when Dependent can apply and not 6months to May. Me too i no sure sha but this is the only ideal thing i can think of
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 10:42am On Mar 09, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 10:42am On Mar 09, 2023
hustla:

Nice, thanks for your reply

Means for someone whose school is due to end in Jan 2024, best bet would be June/ July 2022 if Im right smiley

eniola1010 his previous post has answered it so you can stand from the hot seat grin

They don't have to come in 6 months before, They just need to come in country before you apply for your PSW (i.e before expiry of your brp) else they cant get on it(PSW). If they are coming pretty close to your student expiry, they wouldn't pay for IHS, but that might mean they would pay out of pocket of they have to access medical services. Also you can always contact your school immigration department with enquiries, most students don't really use their services but its included in the tuition paid.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:46am On Mar 09, 2023
Regex:

I needed 7 days off to rest gan. 😂 😂

Omo, 1 yr+ for this country and I never really rest. I'll get there Sha

cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:48am On Mar 09, 2023
Santa2:

They don't have to come in 6 months before, They just need to come in country before you apply for your PSW (i.e before expiry of your brp) else they cant get on it(PSW). If they are coming pretty close to your student expiry, they wouldn't pay for IHS, but that might mean they would pay out of pocket of they have to access medical services. Also you can always contact your school immigration department with enquiries, most students don't really use their services but its included in the tuition paid.

Thanks boss

I appreciate the response. Glad it doesn't have to be 6 months to the end but I guess it'd depend on the time frame when the visa is out (I think there's a place they put time frame one must enter before on the visa. Was on mine)

I'll reach out to my school too smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 10:50am On Mar 09, 2023
hustla:

cheesy

2yrs and I have finally had it. After now, we go again and hard.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temimoney07: 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
Hello guys please which airline is the cheapest trying to book a return ticket from UK to Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
You no dey take leave? cheesy

hustla:

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2023
lightnlife:
You no dey take leave? cheesy

Leave taken is to prep for certs and just rest. Still paying sch fees o, it's not yet time for extra Waka

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2023
Regex:

2yrs and I have finally had it. After now, we go again and hard.

We shall get there

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
hustla:

We shall get there

grin

Surely

I used to think you have been in the UK longer than a year.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 5:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
ps is there any body travelling to Nigeria 2mor night on British airline from uk. pls I need an urgent favour. kindly DM please. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
Regex:

Surely

I used to think you have been in the UK longer than a year.

Yeah, 1yr+ now

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
hustla:

Yeah, 1yr+ now

smiley

OK. Enjoy Nwanne

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.