Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (873) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1180515 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 9:56am On Mar 08, 2023
bigtt76:
It is a condition for your dependent to apply for a dependent visa under the study route. If your dependent is not eligible for that visa first then no way s/he can apply to be joined on the PSW. I will share with you that when I get but I think it was also a part of the application pack sent by my school.

Update
This section below speaks to the above - Dependent won't get a visa approved if main applicant is on a study visa that is less than 6 months. If you are in doubt, contact your school's Visa support team for clarification, they are the best to advise you on same.

What they mean is that the student must be on a course that is more than 6month, cus there are some degrees that aren't up to 6months, they did not say the dependent must apply 6months before the MA's studentship expires.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 9:57am On Mar 08, 2023
Ok like I suggested, contact your school's visa support for better clarification. If I stumble on the advise from my school, I will share wink

eniola1010:

What they mean is that the student must be on a course that is more than 6month, cus there are some degrees that aren't up to 6months, they did not say the dependent must apply 6months before the MA's studentship expires.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 10:00am On Mar 08, 2023
bigtt76:
Ok like I suggested, contact your school's visa support for better clarification. If I stumble on the advise from my school, I will share wink

Yeah
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phayie(m): 10:04am On Mar 08, 2023
Tinyemeka:

Wehdone sir and welcome back.

I'm running mad here.

I've spent 4 months in the country and my TransUnion credit score is still in the mid-500's.

My records are in the electoral register, have got 3 bank accounts that I run transactions through frequently.

My wife landed long before me and I recently got added to the tenancy agreement. I've tried to apply for the AmEx credit card advertised by @Solumtoya and my request got declined (I'm sure because of my low credit score). I'm using a pay-as-you go mobile line (not contract).

What else can I do to boost my credit score? Or at least how can I secure a credit card?

An aside, I tried to sign-up for Rebtel to be able to call home cheaply, but couldn't because they said they don't support EE lines. Please do you know any other network that I could sign on a contract with my low score?

Appreciate all your assistance and contributions on this thread. 🙌

Open loqbox account with my referral link below and start saving about £20 monthly for 6 months. This will serve as loan which will give you credit profile and increase your credit score

https://www.loqbox.com/en_gb/loqbox-invite?referral_code=GJOHQHRURH&referral_channel=link

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AKALAMAGBO: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2023
E no dey reach 1 hour sef once they register you on their sponsorship management system so far they’ve got the license.

I sent a reminder message to my employer about my CoS around 10:20 AM and by 13:00 PM I received the certificate bearing same day date on the paper..

Follow up with you company unless dem no dey serious

Temimoney07:
Please how long does it take for a company to process COS . My company is telling me 1 month . Am doubting if they are ready to do it. They keep mentioning post -study.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by M6ix: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2023
mayowa94:
Hello, my passport will expire on the 20th of March 2024 when can I apply for renewal?

Passport renewal can be done anytime from 6 months to expiry date. In your case that should be anytime from September 20th, 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 12:40pm On Mar 08, 2023
Any of the gurus here want to trade USDT for some Pounds? I have USDT.

Willing to meet up. Gurus please recommend please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by acosfd: 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2023
eniola1010:

I think the 6 months is for BRP. BRP's are not given for any visa less than 6 months, so the dependant will not have a brp card if they are applying less than 6 months to the expiry of the Ma's visa, so they might find it difficult to get a job, open bank account, prove thier right to work etc

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by shakurshakur(m): 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
Hello my good people:

Anybody with information on how to get accommodation for couple in Milton Keynes will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harddrive2012: 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
I don’t know o. How can I check that please?

jum33:

Do you know the kind tarrif system being used in your house ?usually for 100% electricity supply system , the tarrif system being put in place is the economy 7 dual rate system ( peak rate in day and off peak rate in the night) .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by walex25(m): 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2023
bigtt76:
Yes you can. It shouldn't take you long for the the PSW to be issued.

Thank you for the response!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Funpeter: 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2023
Phayie:

Try this
https://app.adjust.com/c4742oh?label=f78aab87-09cc-480a-8580-8f022e10fc61
is it UK 🇬🇧 survey what do I need?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OmichaelO: 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2023
My ogas,

Is 32 pounds a month fair for water and sewerage bill?

Two people/studio apartment
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hkana: 5:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
Wify's BRP was valid till May.
I applied to join her in February, got visa in February that was valid till September; came in March.
We then both applied for PSW together in May when her visa expired.

Don't know if this helps.

CC:
Eniola1010 bigtt76 cheesytee

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
Hkana:
I applied to join her in February, got visa in February that was valid till September; came in March.

CC:

Thanks so much. That means a dependent can come in even if its 1week the MA's edu wants to end.

But i understand cheesy's and bigtt's point of view, cus if i be visa officer i fit deny dependent o, na so i wicked reach, cus i go ask u say why u no come since wey be say na wen ur wife school done nearly end u just dey come
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nnofaith: 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2023
I am JJJC in this una obodo oyinbo, my problem is I keep looking at the wrong side of the road whenever I want to cross, almost got knocked down like twice now. It's so frustrating.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2023
nnofaith:
I am JJJC in this una obodo oyinbo, my problem is I keep looking at the wrong side of the road whenever I want to cross, almost got knocked down like twice now. It's so frustrating.

Haba. Just look at where cars are passing na. There is even an arrow sign on the road. Abeg no make car jam u o. Before u see doctor u go grow beards o

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2023
nnofaith:

Very simple.......

Look left, then look right and look left again..... B4 you cross........🤪😭

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2023
If your wife is the PA and her BRP is set to expire in May, then your visa will be valid till May. Dependent visa tenure ends same date as the primary applicant.

Kindly help clarify.

Hkana:

CC:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2023
nnofaith:

I went to Montenegro on holiday only for me to nearly knocked down by a car because Montenegro drives on the opposite side of UK.

Brace yourself, if you visit other countries, you may have same experience.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2023
harddrive2012:
I don’t know o. How can I check that please?

Tru your bill
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:01pm On Mar 08, 2023
nnofaith:

This was me in India back in 2015

You'll get used to it, don't worry grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:01pm On Mar 08, 2023
Regex:

I went to Montenegro on holiday only for me to nearly knocked down by a car because Montenegro drives on the opposite side of UK.

Brace yourself, if you visit other countries, you may have same experience.

How much did the Montenegro trip cost?

Seems It's a nice place as people have been going there recently
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 8:22pm On Mar 08, 2023
hustla:

How much did the Montenegro trip cost?

Seems It's a nice place as people have been going there recently

£700 including flights, hotel and feeding

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 8:29pm On Mar 08, 2023
CheesyTee:
If your wife is the PA and her BRP is set to expire in May, then your visa will be valid till May. Dependent visa tenure ends same date as the primary applicant.

Kindly help clarify.

That is exactly what he is saying na, or can dependent go ahead of PA?
With his write up you should know his wife is the PA. He says that when it was MAY both of them now applied for the psw.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NnenaRita(m): 9:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
I think study end date is different from when your visa expires. There is usually an additional 4 months after. So I guess the wife's study end date was May but visa was valid till September.

eniola1010:

That is exactly what he is saying na, or can dependent go ahead of PA?
With his write up you should know his wife is the PA. He says that when it was MAY both of them now applied for the psw.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2023
Regex:

£700 including flights, hotel and feeding

shocked

That's quite decent

How long did you stay for and did you use Ryan Air?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Regex: 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2023
hustla:

shocked

That's quite decent

How long did you stay for and did you use Ryan Air?

7 days. I used Ryanair.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 9:31pm On Mar 08, 2023
NnenaRita:
I think study end date is different from when your visa expires. There is usually an additional 4 months after. So I guess the wife's study end date was May but visa was valid till September.

Yeah thats true. Cus the date on brp is always the 4 month extra. So i am wondering why they gave him visa that lasts till sept when his wife's brp ends in may.

Maybe he got it mixed up. Let him clarify sha.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SPDAZZY(f): 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
Funpeter:
Good day everyone
Have a survey site you can be working on uk in your free time and you will earning little change.....

You can also sign up on sweatcoins. You don't need to do anything, just allow it to count your steps or connect it to your fitness watch and you earn 1sweatcoin per 1000steps for the basic free account and double for the premium account. You have 20mins each day to set as your most active time and get double points too.

You can then exchange your sweatcoins to gift cards e.g Morrisons, ASDA, TESCO, AIRBNB, PRIMARK etc.

You can also use some sweatcoins to get 5-60% discount on various offers/stores.

Here is the link

Check out this free app — It Pays to Walk 🚶 https://sweatco.in/app/sf/nwosuadaeze

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2023
Is it true that t4 can now switch to t2 without having to relinquish their studendship?

(1) (2) (3) ... (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.