Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1179263 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by darmilolah(m): 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Lexusgs430:

A bureau dé change, is available within the arrival hall ........

And loads outside the arrival hall ........ So don't panic ....... (Remember, ₦ notes is now like gold dust)........😂

I have naira in my account. We can trade face to face. I am in SW16
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Wisdom7400(m): 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
shakurshakur:
Hello my good people:

Anybody with information on how to get accommodation for couple in Milton Keynes will be appreciated.

Thanks
Accommodation? Go on zoopla or rightmove. Milton is quite a cheaper area of Buckinghamshire. I live in wycombe.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2023
darmilolah:

You want me to drive to Mitcham, to trade ₦........🤣😭🤪
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayo47(m): 2:15am On Mar 11, 2023
Not entirely, I have a friend who finished studies last September. Applied for his wife to come and she was granted in October. His student visa expired in January

CheesyTee:

If the primary applicant intends to apply for post-study, the dependent(s) will need to have applied for a visa and enter the Uk 6 months before the end of studies.

Unless they are looking to secure other type of visa...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayo47(m): 2:30am On Mar 11, 2023
The mistake can be corrected when checking ones profile digitally on gov.uk

eniola1010:

I think the basis of dependent coming is on the validity of MA's brp, not MA's course end.

Like what i mean is that if MA course ends in May, and MA brp ends in Sept. Its safe to say ukvi considers 6months to Sept as the deadline for when Dependent can apply and not 6months to May. Me too i no sure sha but this is the only ideal thing i can think of
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 4:06am On Mar 11, 2023
Ayowolebami:

Wouldn't advise anyone to take this risk cause dependent has to apply at least 6 months before MA's visa expires and visa vignette expires within 3 months after issue if I'm correct. Let's not forget also that adult dependent can't be out of the UK for more than 180days in a year so if you add all these info, it's unrealistic for dependent to come in a week before MA's visa expires.

I don't wanna believe the person that got dependent visa of 6 months that extended beyond MA's validity. My guess is that he mistook end of session for end of visa (BRP expiration) cause dependent visa solely depends on MA's visa validity and period.

There's no 180 days requirement anymore. Only applicable for ILR applications.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sammydoe: 6:29am On Mar 11, 2023
Maybe we can meet halfway like sw4 thats brixton
darmilolah:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by UmeakaChisom: 8:42am On Mar 11, 2023
Good morning everyone, especially those who have been in this our UK long enough to know all things are possible. Please I will really appreciate some advise on how to transition into data analysis or business analysis with UK experience
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 9:19am On Mar 11, 2023
Avoid opening too many accounts as it may work against your scores in the long term.

Tinyemeka:

Would that require me to open a bank account?

I already have 3 running and am hesitant about opening another 🙂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 9:58am On Mar 11, 2023
gmacnoms:
Any idea how one can get Polive character certificate? The website isn’t proceeding beyond the home page

This question needs answer.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by audrey54me: 10:03am On Mar 11, 2023
Good morning house. Please an urgent issue came up. I need advice on way out. My elder sister left for Nigeria yesterday to pick her kids to the UK. On getting to the airport this morning, after checking in, on her way home, she found out her International passport was missing.
She has gone back in and looked for it with no positive result. She was supposed to come back on Tuesday with her kids. Is there any way out? She's with her brp but passport has lost.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BoyleEd: 11:23am On Mar 11, 2023
Good morning seniors, please can one be in the terminal 2 of Heathrow airport overnight and pls is it safe? My train coming from Huddersfield will arrive Heathrow T2 station midnight. I am coming to meet a family member coming in very early in the morning.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by idee91: 11:37am On Mar 11, 2023
Hello guys, I am planning to take a Turkish airline flight from Birmingham to Abuja, there is a long lay over of about 20hrs, do I need a transit Visa to benefit from the free hotel Turkish airline do offer for long layovers ? If yes, how much would it cost and how long does processing takes ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2023
Viruses:
I'm getting a car finance and the car dealer is quoting 11.9% interest rate. My bank is even worse with a 19.9%. Anyone know's where I can get a cheaper deal for car finance?
Update:
I was going to the wrong loan section (the one for personal loan). I got a good deal for the car loan, 7.5% and address history wasn't a problem.

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2023
BoyleEd:
Good morning seniors, please can one be in the terminal 2 of Heathrow airport overnight and pls is it safe? My train coming from Huddersfield will arrive Heathrow T2 station midnight. I am coming to meet a family member coming in very early in the morning.

Thanks

You can layover....... Ensure you carry a small toilet bag.......... cheesy

That bag should have a small towel, shaving gear, toothbrush, body cream, toothbrush and toothpaste.......😂🤪

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:55am On Mar 11, 2023
audrey54me:
Good morning house. Please an urgent issue came up. I need advice on way out. My elder sister left for Nigeria yesterday to pick her kids to the UK. On getting to the airport this morning, after checking in, on her way home, she found out her International passport was missing.
She has gone back in and looked for it with no positive result. She was supposed to come back on Tuesday with her kids. Is there any way out? She's with her brp but passport has lost.

Local radio stations, might be a very good port of call .......

So she might be stuck in Nigeria......... Wàhálà..... Making that flight on Tuesday, is a very tall order ...... Village people no gree release her yet ........😭😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phayie(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2023
Viruses:

Update:
I was going to the wrong loan section (the one for personal loan). I got a good deal for the car loan, 7.5% and address history wasn't a problem.

Which site is this please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BoyleEd: 12:00pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You can layover....... Ensure you carry a small toilet bag.......... cheesy

That bag should have a small towel, shaving gear, toothbrush, body cream, toothbrush and toothpaste.......😂🤪
Ancestor Lexusgs430, thank you sir. You didn't give me a direct answer though. I want to book the train today. Should I go ahead?
Your responses with sarcasm though grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 12:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
Yea, that because study visa is valid for 1yr and 4 months.

For Sep program, it ends by another September. Students then get additional 4 months on their visa validity
mayo47:
Not entirely, I have a friend who finished studies last September. Applied for his wife to come and she was granted in October. His student visa expired in January

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
Phayie:

Which site is this please?
Bank app. Click on loan section, there are different kinds of loans.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phayie(m): 12:42pm On Mar 11, 2023
Viruses:

Bank app. Click on loan section, there are different kinds of loans.

Which bank?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by audrey54me: 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2023
Okay, thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by audrey54me: 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2023
Okaythanks.
Lexusgs430:

Local radio stations, might be a very good port of call .......

So she might be stuck in Nigeria......... Wàhálà..... Making that flight on Tuesday, is a very tall order ...... Village people no gree release her yet ........😭😂

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
BoyleEd:

Thanks

Safe as safe, have spent overnight in Heathrow and Manchester airports. You will see several people there too.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by seyejohn94: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2023
Been looking for date for France visa appointment... Anyone with ideas on Schengen countries with available dates...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by derbylicious: 4:37pm On Mar 11, 2023
Good Afternoon,

Has anyone got a contact for the name change process in Nigeria ( court affidavit and newspaper publication) ?

SOS please…
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
BoyleEd:

Ancestor Lexusgs430, thank you sir. You didn't give me a direct answer though. I want to book the train today. Should I go ahead?
Your responses with sarcasm though grin

I already did ....... '' you can layover '' ........

You would have company, you would see many fellow squatters.........🤣😂

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rollykotex: 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2023
koonbey:

Hope all went well.
Thank you so much. It went well. I was at home for three weeks but I was paid in full when my BRP came. I still work there. The other job I was eyeing didn’t not click, I’m glad I was calm with them.
I went alone to the disciplinary action and explained I was awaiting my biometrics date and afterwards BRP. I was told to stay at home until it comes. It’s all story now as I resumed back in mid February. Thanks so much for your concern.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: bns4eva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.