Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1191341 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CowbellY: 11:51pm On Apr 23, 2023
Today I have had a very interesting conversation with an acquaintance. They have insisted that they would "discipline" their child whilst in the UK. My call for caution continues to fall on dead ears, they mentioned that they were spanked as a kid as well and do not have any trauma (I strongly disagree) and hence would not spare the rod and spoil the child because that's what the bible says 😐.
Eventually they accused me of "forming" woke... anyway, I have told them to expect to find themselves back in their village in Ijebu if they proceed with that. 😁

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
rinzylee:
See as I dey reply mention up and down come forget say today na my 1 year anniversary.

Landed April 23rd, 2022 and didn't get into my Accomodation till 11.30pm.

Make una follow me thank God as 1 year don waka pass.

We don start 200level

2/5 class now 😁 πŸ˜‚

Small small...... You go reach 20 years ........🀣

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hayesconcept(m): 11:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
https://possap.gov.ng/ .
rinzylee:

Biko can you supply me the website? Been searching Google... all I can see are individual's adverts?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 11:54pm On Apr 23, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Small small...... You go reach 20 years ........🀣

This man πŸ˜‚....My Chief....I present cephalic

Spray me pounds nah 😏

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:55pm On Apr 23, 2023
CowbellY:
Today I have had a very interesting conversation with an acquaintance. They have insisted that they would "discipline" their child whilst in the UK. My call for caution continues to fall on dead ears, they mentioned that they were.spanked as a kid as well and do not have any trauma (I strongly disagree) and hence would not spare the rod and spoil the child because that's what the bible says 😐.
Eventually they accused me of "forming" woke... anyway, I have told them to except to find themselves back in their village in Ijebu if they proceed with that. 😁

Don't worry..... We would soon see them on nairaland/twitter, seeking advice....... When SS got them on radar........πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 11:55pm On Apr 23, 2023
hayesconcept:
https://possap.gov.ng/ .

Thanks boss... I searched again and saw it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:56pm On Apr 23, 2023
rinzylee:

This man πŸ˜‚....My Chief....I present cephalic

Spray me pounds nah 😏

Not all heads can accept Β£...... Some heads are only ₦.......🀣😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hayesconcept(m): 11:57pm On Apr 23, 2023
You get time πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. They should continue spanking their child. It will do them like film
CowbellY:
Today I have had a very interesting conversation with an acquaintance. They have insisted that they would "discipline" their child whilst in the UK. My call for caution continues to fall on dead ears, they mentioned that they were.spanked as a kid as well and do not have any trauma (I strongly disagree) and hence would not spare the rod and spoil the child because that's what the bible says 😐.
Eventually they accused me of "forming" woke... anyway, I have told them to except to find themselves back in their village in Ijebu if they proceed with that. 😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yomisley: 12:20am On Apr 24, 2023
Eru-iku don silently read all the pages from begining to the end and i am glad to announce that skilled worker visa was approved in February but because i don't want to miss any helpful tips before i comment, i just gas read all the pages. like this my head wan blow but i have learn alot from this group.
Community people finally gathered money for me and i will enter this thursday and i'm flying with Virgin Atlantic anybody that recently flew with Virgin atlantic should share tips about immigration and in flight experience make them no go dey serve me wetin i no know.

Also i want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who have contributed positively on this thread, make i no start to mention name if not una go read over 951 pages again. Olorun ma wa pelu yin ooo. Gracias.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 12:42am On Apr 24, 2023
rinzylee:

Haha.....na who dey do underground investigation like this on top my head.

Yeah....physios are in such huge demand.

I am actually stuck between loyalty to my organisation vs my personal interests at this point.

Keep winning my dear friend!!!

Loyalty is dead, there is no loyalty anywhere. When push comes to shove your organisation will throw you under the bus.

Team self interest

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:48am On Apr 24, 2023
yomisley:
Eru-iku don silently read all the pages from begining to the end and i am glad to announce that skilled worker visa was approved in February but because i don't want to miss any helpful tips before i comment, i just gas read all the pages. like this my head wan blow but i have learn alot from this group.
Community people finally gathered money for me and i will enter this thursday and i'm flying with Virgin Atlantic anybody that recently flew with Virgin atlantic should share tips about immigration and in flight experience make them no go dey serve me wetin i no know.

Also i want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who have contributed positively on this thread, make i no start to mention name if not una go read over 951 pages again. Olorun ma wa pelu yin ooo. Gracias.

You sabi say, you fit cook food for community to chop.....

But if community cook food for you ....... Your own don be. .........πŸ˜›πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 2:55am On Apr 24, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Prizee1: 4:58am On Apr 24, 2023
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=122704246]

Depends. .are you already in the UK or not . ?

If already in UK then for child you have to show you have suitable accommodation

No I am not in the UK yet. We are all applying together outside the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by heroshark(m): 5:09am On Apr 24, 2023
rinzylee:

Thanks @ the naija PCC.

Is DBS same as UK PCC? I ask because I think they differ based on usage. DBS is internal but a PCC is for emigration.

The licensing body is specifically requesting for a Police criminal records certificate.

What do you think sir?

I think it's issued by ACRO or something. I did one last month and it cost Β£95 for express and Β£65 for normal process. Got mine in less than 3days

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kwakudtraveller(m): 7:43am On Apr 24, 2023
rinzylee:

Haha.....na who dey do underground investigation like this on top my head.

Yeah....physios are in such huge demand.

I am actually stuck between loyalty to my organisation vs my personal interests at this point.

Keep winning my dear friend!!!
Be loyal to the money.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yomisley: 8:00am On Apr 24, 2023
@Lexusgs430 them no go fit jeju Omo-aye ooo grin grin grin Omo-Oro le mi grin grin grin

[color=#990000][/color]
Lexusgs430:

You sabi say, you fit cook food for community to chop.....

But if community cook food for you ....... Your own don be. .........πŸ˜›πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Star721: 8:11am On Apr 24, 2023
Good morning gurus in the house. Please who knows about the Northumbria University Newcastle? In terms of availability of jobs for dependants and students. Inshort about Newcastle in general
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:56am On Apr 24, 2023
yomisley:
@Lexusgs430 them no go fit jeju Omo-aye ooo grin grin grin Omo-Oro le mi grin grin grin

[color=#990000][/color]

That community, dey wait make you begin earn Β£'s .....πŸ˜‚

Then go begin tell you forex rates ........πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Ikoko toba jata, idi Γ© ma gbΓ³nΓ‘..........πŸ˜›πŸ˜­

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 10:15am On Apr 24, 2023
[quote author=Prizee1 post=122708629][/quote]

Then yes you can use
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 10:41am On Apr 24, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Not all heads can accept Β£...... Some heads are only ₦.......🀣😜

Oh my God....you are a plexus of savages!!!!

πŸ˜‚ 😝😭 πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 10:43am On Apr 24, 2023
deept:

Loyalty is dead, there is no loyalty anywhere. When push comes to shove your organisation will throw you under the bus.

Team self interest

No be lie o...the way they throw people under the bus here eeeh.

I dey plan my exit small small sha...make I use my relocation package finish, plus better othorpaedic trainings 😝.

Cheers mate!!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 10:43am On Apr 24, 2023
heroshark:

I think it's issued by ACRO or something. I did one last month and it cost Β£95 for express and Β£65 for normal process. Got mine in less than 3days

Yup it's ACRO.

Sending mine out today.

Na Β£55 I dey pay sha.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 10:44am On Apr 24, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

Be loyal to the money.

Haha.... ego bα»₯ α»‹sα»‹

Na so o

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 10:55am On Apr 24, 2023
CowbellY:
Today I have had a very interesting conversation with an acquaintance. They have insisted that they would "discipline" their child whilst in the UK. My call for caution continues to fall on dead ears, they mentioned that they were spanked as a kid as well and do not have any trauma (I strongly disagree) and hence would not spare the rod and spoil the child because that's what the bible says 😐.
Eventually they accused me of "forming" woke... anyway, I have told them to expect to find themselves back in their village in Ijebu if they proceed with that. 😁

Well...on this I believe that "spare the rod & spoil the child" is real.

And I am of the opinion that if they'd be misbehaving because they are in a place where punishment & forced adoption will be put on the parents, they equally stand a chance of being sent home by the parents to pay a mandatory and a long visitation to their Home Country.

We have siblings to help us with their trainings (good trainings)

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 11:01am On Apr 24, 2023
yomisley:

bless us with nice photos when you enter (head off photos preferred).

Enjoy your jakparia

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Maturedhustler: 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2023
Maturedhustler:

Happy weekend all,

I don’t know if anyone has experienced having 2 BRPs for an individual before. I renewed my children’s visa in January but BRP were not sent after 4wks.

After sending an online form to home office, I received a set of BRPs in February but was surprised to receive another set (for each of them) this April with new BRP no and issue date.

It’s not clear to me if I have to keep the two sets or return/destroy one set. If am to return/destroy one set, will it be the one issue in February or April?

I have to hold updating their BRP on Home office website because of this challenge. Kindly advise

Thanks

πŸ‘†πŸΏπŸ‘†πŸΏπŸ‘†πŸΏI will appreciate timely advice on my challenge.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Well...on this I believe that "spare the rod & spoil the child" is real.

And I am of the opinion that if they'd be misbehaving because they are in a place where punishment & forced adoption will be put on the parents, they equally stand a chance of being sent home by the parents to pay a mandatory and a long visitation to their Home Country.

We have siblings to help us with their trainings (good trainings)

Long 15 yr holiday to Nigeria dey reset brain

Trust me

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phayie(m): 12:43pm On Apr 24, 2023
Maturedhustler:

πŸ‘†πŸΏπŸ‘†πŸΏπŸ‘†πŸΏI will appreciate timely advice on my challenge.

I think the most recent one is the one that's valid. Just check the date on it. Then cut the other one and send it back
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gergemam: 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2023
Star721:
Good morning gurus in the house. Please who knows about the Northumbria University Newcastle? In terms of availability of jobs for dependants and students. Inshort about Newcastle in general

What did you want to know about them? I don visit the school once sha, the school nice and their shoe dey shine.

You go see Job quickly for Newcastle as a student cause nah happening place for North-East of England
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rowon(m): 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2023
Hello all,
Please can I travel out of UK to Nigeria without my passport but with my BRP because my passport just expired this month.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 1:54pm On Apr 24, 2023
Good day house. I trust we all are doing great. please I want to confirm from people using American Express card if it is recognised in UK to use it to build credit scores?

A friend was telling me that American Express card is not recognised to use it to build credit, he said I should use banks cards like Halifax and other good banks. I was a bit confused and said let me confirm from my Nairaland family. I have been using American card and I got the link here. The only thing I know that credit Karma tells me is to try to increase my limit to Β£4k to increase my scores. pls I need advice if American Express card is recognised in building credit. Also I want confirm if I should increase the limit to help my score as credit Karma said. Thanks you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2023
Osoderi:
Good day house. I trust we all are doing great. please I want to confirm from people using American Express card if it is recognised in UK to use it to build credit scores?

It is. Your friend does not know what he is saying.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.