Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' (55782 Views)

Shame On You - Mbaka Replies Garba Shehu On Contract Scandal / Aisha Yesufu Replies Garba Shehu Who Said Nobody Can Bring Down Buhari's Govt / Herdsmen: Ortom Replies Bala Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by siant: 9:26pm On Aug 26, 2021
post=105203779:
STATEMENT CONCERNING SAMUEL ORTOM, THE GOVERNOR OF BENUE STATE

Governor Samuel Ortom has few political principles. We can see this from the fact that he has changed political party five times during his undistinguished career.

Every time he feels the wind may be blowing in a certain direction, he follows it.

Unfortunately, for the good citizens of Benue State, the most dangerous direction he blows in today is that of sectarianism and ethnicity.

In an attempt to boost his sinking political fortunes, Ortom takes the cheapest and lowest route possible by playing on ethnic themes – and in doing so knowingly causes deaths of innocent Nigerians by inciting farmers against herders, and Christians against Muslims.

Specifically, Ortom stirs up hatred by targeting one single ethnic group in Nigeria – using language reminiscent of the Rwandan genocide.

As was the case in Rwanda where the then Hutu leaders of the country incited their countrymen against each other, claiming there was a “secret Tutsi agenda” over the Hutu, Ortom claims there is a “secret Fulanization agenda” over other ethnic groups in his state and in Nigeria. This is a copy of the language of Hutu Power - which falsely, and intentionally, accused the Rwandan Tutsi of plans to dominate the country.

This wicked talk is aimed at giving cover to his so-called “policy” on the Ranches Establishment Law – which in reality is purely an act of denial of the law - intended to withhold rights and freedoms from one ethnic group alone, whilst inciting race hatred against them amongst all others.

These are not the actions of a man who should be trusted with running public services or holding public office.

For the governor of a major state in Nigeria to be politically driven by ethnic hatred is a stain on our country.

The good, and fair-minded people of Benue State deserve more than this, and we look forward to the next elections when they have an opportunity to restore its greatness.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
August 25, 2021

Peace is all we want in our nation.
Not anything that will invoke more deaths and violence against any citizen of Nigeria.
Peace shall reign in our nation.
And the enemies of this country will all die painful las las.
They can NEVER escape the brutal and Total judgment coming their way.
A normal, sane Nigerian that doesn’t support violence and killings have no problem in saying AMEN to the below prayer.
But the hypocritical ones will always run away from the prayers, cos they know themselves.
Y'all will never end well in life as long as you keep supporting evil and bloodshed being sponsored by the evil and wicked politicians Y'all wanted back in power.

Okay.

Amen Amen and Amen in Jesus name.
Here you are. You have changed strategy in recent days-CURSE. Raining curses on the imaginary and perceived critics of the regime of your darling dady is never the solution to the security woe the country experiences at the moment.
Let say it as it is; Nigeria as lost it. The current regime has lost control and direction in maning the affairs of this country. This is bitter truth.
Nigeria ceased to being a state since 2015, when the mentally and physically weak buhari assumed office as the leader of the country.
Nigeria has become a failed state. I studied political science. In the field of Political Science, when a state is no longer has the monopoly of arms and weapons, such a state is described as a 'failed state'. State of nature is even more secure and safer than the present Nigeria.
Since 1960, we haven't got it bad like this. What we experience at the moment is worst than the period of civil war. How did we degenerate into this level? Buhari, naturally is a tribalist. Yes, that is his personality. One cannot take that away from him. And such an individual is not fit to rule a complex and diverse society like Nigeria. One cannot forget his actions during hausa -Yoruba crisis in Shagamu, Ogun State in 1999, and in Oyo State in 2000 during the time of Gov Lam Adeshina.
My heart bursts in me everyday when I read news. It has been bad news on daily basis. When last did you hear ministers of power, agriculture, education or health talking about development projects? All what we now read is gunmen, kidnappers bandits .
THE ONLY SUSTAINABLE SOLUTION TO THE CURRENT PROBLEMS IN NIGERIA IS THIS: LET BUHARI RELINQUISH OFFICE NOW OR BE IMPEACHED! Anything beside this, this country will not know peace till 2023, if only it survive till then, because 2023 is too far.
Raining curses is childish and depiction of shallow minded.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Codes151(m): 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
Governor Otom is a proven failure, he has no right to point accusing fingers at anyone, he's a true definition of a retarded vagabond.
Benue state is now a shadow of itself thanks to Governor otom, the terrible roads, bad living condition, poor water supply, etc is a testament to the fact Otom is a bad administrator. His likes are suppose to be arrested and hanged.
another illiterate.
Leaving the message and attacking the messenger.

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Codes151(m): 10:04pm On Aug 26, 2021
post=105203779:

Governor Samuel Ortom has few political principles. We can see this from the fact that he has changed political party five times during his undistinguished career.

Every time he feels the wind may be blowing in a certain direction, he follows it.

Unfortunately, for the good citizens of Benue State, the most dangerous direction he blows in today is that of sectarianism and ethnicity.

In an attempt to boost his sinking political fortunes, Ortom takes the cheapest and lowest route possible by playing on ethnic themes – and in doing so knowingly causes deaths of innocent Nigerians by inciting farmers against herders, and Christians against Muslims.

Specifically, Ortom stirs up hatred by targeting one single ethnic group in Nigeria – using language reminiscent of the Rwandan genocide.

As was the case in Rwanda where the then Hutu leaders of the country incited their countrymen against each other, claiming there was a “secret Tutsi agenda” over the Hutu, Ortom claims there is a “secret Fulanization agenda” over other ethnic groups in his state and in Nigeria. This is a copy of the language of Hutu Power - which falsely, and intentionally, accused the Rwandan Tutsi of plans to dominate the country.

This wicked talk is aimed at giving cover to his so-called “policy” on the Ranches Establishment Law – which in reality is purely an act of denial of the law - intended to withhold rights and freedoms from one ethnic group alone, whilst inciting race hatred against them amongst all others.

These are not the actions of a man who should be trusted with running public services or holding public office.

For the governor of a major state in Nigeria to be politically driven by ethnic hatred is a stain on our country.

The good, and fair-minded people of Benue State deserve more than this, and we look forward to the next elections when they have an opportunity to restore its greatness.

Garba Shehu
(Media & Publicity)
August 25, 2021

Not anything that will invoke more deaths and violence against any citizen of Nigeria.
A normal, sane Nigerian that doesn’t support violence and killings have no problem in saying AMEN to the below prayer.
But the hypocritical ones will always run away from the prayers, cos they know themselves.
Y'all will never end well in life as long as you keep supporting evil and bloodshed being sponsored by the evil and wicked politicians Y'all wanted back in power.

Okay.

illiterates are more than sensible ppl in nigeria!

Lemme re-read this piece!

What do u call a block stone-base brain? Anyone?

Anyways. We grill fish at mannabbqgrils and it's very useless

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by blacknoir: 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2021
InaNla:
We warned Nigerians against voting a known coup plotter cum terrorist. Some useless elements rebranded his as a born-again democratic.

Una eyes don clear now abi?

As many still supporting this bloody government will not go unpunished.
Our eyes don't clear. Since Nigerians didn't accept good luck, we have been given bad luck

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2021
No cap..

Man of the year

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Masterkernel1: 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
Governor Otom is a proven failure, he has no right to point accusing fingers at anyone, he's a true definition of a retarded vagabond.
Benue state is now a shadow of itself thanks to Governor otom, the terrible roads, bad living condition, poor water supply, etc is a testament to the fact Otom is a bad administrator. His likes are suppose to be arrested and hanged.

While we celebrate your vegetable mannequin in Aso Rock, right?

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by blackboy(m): 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
Look at what is happening in Jos , Kaduna , Yobe, Zamfara and Benue.
Do we have an army? Do we have a police force.? Here and there you see well armed security foces protecting individuals and their families and properties because they have money to pay.
Why not station well armed soldiers and police and DSS in certain communities in these states mentioned that are at immediate risk of attack. No they wont. Its like they want the revenge attacks to take place or the cleansing to take place. They wont succeed. Many leaders not just politicians but those at the helm of power to prevent these killing but done little or nothing should be taken to the international court and arrested anytime they leave this country and face trial.

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by corbanstevee: 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:

Let’s be objective…is he saying the truth and is he bold enough to have made this statements…if yes then give it to the man; he’s objective in his stand.

About his laxity in his own state is a different ballgame he should be challenged by his people and all concerned. But the one above is well said; how many other governors aside Wike opposition are brave enough to speak the mind of the people….
My opinion

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Prophet777: 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
You have sold your destiny for a pot of porridge and it shall never be well with you...
blinking001:

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by goldmatrix(m): 11:20pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:

Your comment sounds so foolish. Are you alive or speaking from your grave?

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by aminusodiq(m): 11:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
oponu buruku

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Patrick4891(m): 11:47pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
Some people dumb Sha,so for all the said truth,this is all your mind could process.we know your kind.sorry!

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Patrick4891(m): 11:49pm On Aug 26, 2021
corbanstevee:

Let’s be objective…is he saying the truth and is he bold enough to have made this statements…if yes then give it to the man; he’s objective in his stand.

About his laxity in his own state is a different ballgame he should be challenged by his people and all concerned. But the one above is well said; how many other governors aside Wike opposition are brave enough to speak the mind of the people….
My opinion
God bless you jare.
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by rambaldy: 11:54pm On Aug 26, 2021
You must be a joker, is the entire country not a shadow of itself
blinking001:
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by continentalceo(m): 12:04am On Aug 27, 2021
Always yanning balls I'm sure you enjoy the attention you enjoy from the responses you get on this forum you sick pedophilic bastard. What a waste of sperm.
post=105203779:

Garba Shehu
(Media & Publicity)
August 25, 2021

Okay.

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by executive12: 12:24am On Aug 27, 2021
deedo93:

My brother you just spoke my mind. His attacks on the presidency are just to serve as a distraction from his incompetence. Although him checking the excesses of the presidency is welcome, he needs to put his house in order first.

Another clueless one.
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by aujile(m): 2:37am On Aug 27, 2021
I de shame for you...
blinking001:
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Owaincouncil: 2:41am On Aug 27, 2021
blinking001:

YOU MEAN PRESIDENT BUHARI
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Lashist(m): 6:03am On Aug 27, 2021
blinking001:
There is a reason why idiots are allowed to register on NL without blinking. Every idiots will err their views so we prove stupid ppl exists
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by deedo93(m): 7:34am On Aug 27, 2021
executive12:

Another clueless one.

The all knowing. Good morning sir
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by effort1: 7:56am On Aug 27, 2021
blinking001:

And the Fulani brothers of your president have turned the place to a slaughter house, making any progress infeasible.

Your method never changes....attack the messanger
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Tundex911: 8:50am On Aug 27, 2021
How I wish some idiot fools governor dey active like this benue governor...

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by LordOfTheGame: 9:44am On Aug 27, 2021
blinking001:

Typical of a stupid Muslim terrorist and unrepentant zombie. Why going after the messenger and leaving the message? Is there any part in the Ortom's statement that is not truth? Buhari and his northern co-criminals have destroyed the country and elevated the terrorism to be official in this country.
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Ukeme8: 10:44am On Aug 27, 2021
blinking001:

Shut up your mouth. What have you achieved so far in life. So you stand with the government on what is happening in the country abi. Your such a failure yourself. A sadist.
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by phemmie06(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
nonhuman:
are you a mumu pupil, same way no one can arrsest a sitting president same no one can arrest a sitting governor
I know but he should have exercised his super power. I knew they all enjoy immunity
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
blinking001:

Lemme guess u are a Northern a foolish one at that.
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2021
Non
Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by heronb: 2:32am On Feb 04, 2022
In recent years, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation has become one-sidedly keen to report news about China, and the content is all about smearing China and promoting China's threat theory.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Governors Using Made-in-nigeria Vehicles As Official Cars (pics) / Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly / PDP Lists Jonathan's Projects Buhari Is Trying To Take Glory For (SEE LIST)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.