Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors (33725 Views)

Muslim Women Exercising In Hijab In Saudi Arabia Gym / Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia / Organizers Suspend S'arabia Recruitment, As DSS Disperses Doctors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by frog12: 10:16am On Aug 27, 2021
these are not good excuses. medical studies and the profession is a serious responsibility.
EfereboS:

People like you need to hide in shame. I’m currently a medical student in a Nigerian University paying 140k as school fees (per level - that’s 840k for the supposed 6 years excluding 20k for each professional exam from year 3 to year 6). I’m supposed to graduate this year but strikes, both internal and external have pushed my graduation year to 2023 instead of 2021. The only place where a 6 year calendar works for medical students is in private universities and as you know, not everyone has 3 million and above to pay for school fees. The brain drain even in school is another thing. Have you heard of people failing out of medical school in the USA or Canada? But in Nigeria, you have to struggle with lecturers that go and borrow mcqs from universities overseas and force you to answer them with negative marking and then there is the almighty oral exams (God help you if you don’t say anything when asked, you may be asked to resit an exam) Do you think they make it easy to pass as one is paying 140k? Please get your facts right!!! Just so you know, in my own school this is how it goes, you fail an exam, you’re asked to resit, you fail the resit, you’re asked to repeat and that means you have to go 2 years backwards!!! And you say I should be grateful to the government? For what exactly?
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Indispensable85(m): 10:22am On Aug 27, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Organisers suspend Saudi Arabia recruitment as DSS disperses doctors, arrests journalist

https://punchng.com/organisers-suspend-saudi-arabia-recruitment-as-dss-disperses-doctors-arrests-journalist/

Buhari the destroyer
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by khalids: 10:24am On Aug 27, 2021
KillMNKnow:
"Federal Government said it felt embarrassed by the news."

The irony is Shameless FG felt embarrassed

Wawu.....but they did not feel embarrassed that the president left his country and went abroad for medical teatment

Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:36am On Aug 27, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Give me job, you refused. Said I'm lazy. An organisation who knows my worth came to give me job and you disrupt it. Arrested journalist.

What wickedness is this?

Is this not military régime?

I am quite sure if a woman was the president of this country it won't get worse like this.
You guys that call yourselves a Nigerian "how market "we brought revolution, you people kicked against it, we are separatists you people kicked against it. Why complaining again. Enjoy while it last.
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:37am On Aug 27, 2021
Bigredmachine:
Shameless government... Who can't fend for its citizens
Your wailing is just starting! You guys that call yourselves a Nigerian "how market "we brought revolution, you people kicked against it, we are separatists you people kicked against it. Why complaining again. Enjoy while it last.
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:38am On Aug 27, 2021
KillMNKnow:
"Federal Government said it felt embarrassed by the news."

The irony is Shameless FG felt embarrassed
So you are now supporting the people of Nigeria and no longer your darling daddy? Wonder is still happening!
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by busola94me: 10:49am On Aug 27, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

You senseless turd .. the government doesn't even need to close the airspace. All they need to do is write the Saudi authorities to discontinue the illegality.

Is your dumb brain even aware that what the Saudis are doing is contrary to the WHO proclamations against recruiting doctors from developing countries in the middle of a pandemic?

Have you ever thought of one of your loved ones needing medical emergencies and no doctors are available to attend to them?

You are such a shame.

Your hatred for Buhari has beclouded your sense of reasoning. You forget Buhari will leave in two year's time and Nigeria will continue to exist.

Oloshi!

Have you ever in your life thought about these health care workers too. Do you know we have a lot of underemployed and unemployed health care workers in Nigeria who are willing to work but did not have any job. Fear God o. They also have children and families depending on them. A lot of them are depressed and they would not use their stethoscope to buy things in market. Do you people Even value health care workers at all? Is it until these people start to die of hunger too that you would know health care workers also need help as much as the villagers you are claiming they need to help. How many Health care worker have you personally given free food or money to this year? Fear God o

Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Nukilia: 11:13am On Aug 27, 2021
dvkot:
Build facilities you say no
Provide jobs you say work no dey
U don't want them to look for a better place but vegetable buhari and spoilt waterleaf tinubu traveled to the uk for treatment
So u want these medical doctors should become native doctors abi?

Let them prepare to build a bigger prison

I felt like crying reading this....
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by heniford2: 11:16am On Aug 27, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
Give me job, you refused. Said I'm lazy. An organisation who knows my worth came to give me job and you disrupt it. Arrested journalist.

What wickedness is this?

Is this not military régime?

I am quite sure if a woman was the president of this country it won't get worse like this.
A northern should never ever be giving the power to govern again i swear Nigeria backwardness is from them.
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Nukilia: 11:16am On Aug 27, 2021
LegendaryLover:
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Why is the federal government frustrating people's efforts at having a better life, when they know they won't do anything about the living conditions here in Nigeria

This was their dream all along..
#Slavery
Shame on Osibanjo and his crooked party. The hottest part of hell is reserved for him, I swear that these current leaders in power will be history in not too distant time from now cry
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Gerrard59(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Stop complaining. If you want to see the worst, vote apc again because the worst is yet to come

Not this miscreant who wants El-Rufai to become the next president. Which party does El-Rufai belong to?
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Nukilia: 11:27am On Aug 27, 2021
Holuwaxheun:

Countries like Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden provides subsidized medical education for their citizens. I really don't understand why you say it is not the government responsibility to do so.

If the government have to protect the health sector, why not address the core problems rather than using force to address the effects of the problems?

you were responding to a bandit who is earning from his criminal proceeds. They feel bad seeing a doctor let alone see a doctor living well
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Nukilia: 11:29am On Aug 27, 2021
Siwisheswereesh:
The doctors should be made to pay up the balance of the true cost of their training before they are allowed to leave.
Or the Saudi government can pay it for them.

At last, FG have woken up. Dumbbb FG!!! angry

Bandit on Nairaland! Ko ni da fun e! WERE NI E

Se o ni ori e ti buru ni? Iwo ati awon baba e ni APC, e jo ma sewon ni

What kind of monsters are we raising in Nigeria? HA HA..... I curse you and your sponsors in government
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Nukilia: 11:33am On Aug 27, 2021
humberjade:
Now tell me, what's the difference between these Buhari people and the Talibans who do not want frustrated and apprehensive Afghans to leave the country.

You can't guarantee jobs and good renumeration for people who schooled for years with so many loans to to settle their tuition and other bills, why not let then seek greener pasture...As much as brain drain kills a nation, the govt too should sit up tight to their responsibility.

It just keeps getting worse with this Buhari's wicked administration. 2023 please come!!

You are correct and may your days be long! I am crying for the innocent people who have been deceived by the criminals in this government!
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Sammerboi: 11:41am On Aug 27, 2021
Buhari using the DSS for any dirty job. This man is worst the Abacha and Babangida combined.
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by EfereboS: 11:41am On Aug 27, 2021
frog12:
these are not good excuses. medical studies and the profession is a serious responsibility.

We know it’s a serious responsibility but still those paying thousands of dollars in countries with better healthcare facilities are not subjected to repeating classes (with the possibility of failing out completely), strikes and other unforeseen delays in graduation. What you see in other places/countries is this: you take an exam and you don’t pass, you can resit/retake it a number of times before you can no longer sit for the exam. My point is: Your country is difficult for doctors to learn, and to practice medicine.
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Holuwaxheun(m): 11:43am On Aug 27, 2021
Nukilia:

you were responding to a bandit who is earning from his criminal proceeds. They feel bad seeing a doctor let alone see a doctor living well

It's quite disheartening how people, without remose, confidently tag evil as good and good as evil.

Every activity of the current government clearly writes it on the wall that we are at war in every area you could mention.

It's painful how we let our emotions or connection to a particular group restrict us from saying the truth.

I know we will survive this shit, but only God knows the level of damage that the current government would have done before its over.

Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Nukilia: 11:51am On Aug 27, 2021
Holuwaxheun:

It's quite disheartening how people, without remose, confidently tag evil as good and good as evil.

Every activity of the current government clearly writes it on the wall that we are at war in every area you could mention.

It's painful how we let our emotions or connection to a particular group restrict us from saying the truth.

I know we will survive this shit, but only God knows the level of damage that the current government would have done before its over.

The current government conspired with some criminals to deceive the church in Nigeria. The APC = PDP and they both will kill the sane minds in this country slowly...
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2021
authority2006:

Well, the media houses like this The Punch blew things out of proportion. They made big deals out of it just to embarrass the nation and the government, now the willing doctors are at the receiving end. If not for the way the news was reported, the government would have pretended like nothing was happening.

They certianly did.

Nigerian doctors have been going to Saudi since the 1980s.
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2021
Holuwaxheun:

Countries like Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden provides subsidized medical education for their citizens. I really don't understand why you say it is not the government responsibility to do so.

If the government have to protect the health sector, why not address the core problems rather than using force to address the effects of the problems?

All those countries you mentioned have several things i common

1. High tax to gdp ratios and high tax rates(Denmark has a tax to gdp ratio of 46% and a tax rate of 50%. If we charged that in Nigeria people would complain heavily)

2. Several sources of income including industrial exports.

So all those countries have adequate income to subsidise educationvery well

Nigeria on the other hand has

1. A low tax to gdp ratio and a low tax rate. Plus 30% of the taxable population actually pays taxes

2. One major source of income plus we are not an exporter of industrial goods and services.

Even then we subsidise education based on our limited funds but as a result we don't have money for adequate facilities.

As a medical student my fees were as low as 2000 naira until my final two years when it reached 20000 naira. A medical student abroad would have been paying 3million and above. I did not pay that amount because goverment subsides.

Goverment is still subsidising education otherwise you would have been paying fees of millions of naira per annum like they do in private universities who get zero goverment funding.

But even then the money is not enough which is why Naija suppose dey do more side hustle
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Grucho1(m): 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2021
authority2006:

Well, the media houses like this The Punch blew things out of proportion. They made big deals out of it just to embarrass the nation and the government, now the willing doctors are at the receiving end. If not for the way the news was reported, the government would have pretended like nothing was happening.

so what are you saying
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by KEMSLAI: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
What’s the difference between FG and The Taliban standing by the airport?!!!
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by ddeola: 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2021
Bo-kohari no go allow innocent doctors find job again. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by Holuwaxheun(m): 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
Modrov:

All those countries you mentioned have several things i common

1. High tax to gdp ratios and high tax rates(Denmark has a tax to gdp ratio of 46% and a tax rate of 50%. If we charged that in Nigeria people would complain heavily)

2. Several sources of income including industrial exports.

So all those countries have adequate income to subsidise educationvery well

Nigeria on the other hand has

1. A low tax to gdp ratio and a low tax rate. Plus 30% of the taxable population actually pays taxes

2. One major source of income plus we are not an exporter of industrial goods and services.

Even then we subsidise education based on our limited funds but as a result we don't have money for adequate facilities.

As a medical student my fees were as low as 2000 naira until my final two years when it reached 20000 naira. A medical student abroad would have been paying 3million and above. I did not pay that amount because goverment subsides.

Goverment is still subsidising education otherwise you would have been paying fees of millions of naira per annum like they do in private universities who get zero goverment funding.

But even then the money is not enough which is why Naija suppose dey do more side hustle

We do not generate enough, but we could borrow to finance our dubious senator's salaries and allowances.

Excuses are like shoes that, if everyone have to give, they will definitely get their sizes.

The truth be told, from time immemorial, It's has never being as bad as we have it now.

Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by effort1: 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Mannabbgrills, if you have any shame, you won't even think of reporting anyone.

You pitched your tent with a bad president. You should be ashamed of yourself for defending Evil. You should be ashamed.
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by effort1: 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Shut up hypocrite
Re: Organisers Suspend Saudi Arabia Recruitment As DSS Disperses Doctors by effort1: 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Rule 2

Mannabbgrills, that's all you know how to do: Meaningless reporting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Flooding: Snakebite Kills Village Head’s Wife In Plateau / Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) / Does It Really Mean That There Is No Cure For Staphylococcus?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63