Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

I Need Someone I Can Talk With. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Someone I Can Talk With. (2999 Views)

I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do / Be Careful With Helping Strangers -someone I Assisted With Accommodation Almost / Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by socialmediaman: 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
paulgabrielz:
my dad would literally shoot me on sight if he knows what is going on. That is my fear

What I’m about to tell you is easier said than done, but I’ll tell you anyway.

Step 1, forgive yourself and be at peace. What this means is, make a decision to live and not die by your own hands. Accept the consequences of your action. The possible consequences are losing your education scholarship from your dad, losing one year of schooling, losing respect from your dad and getting humiliated or shamed, getting a job to pay for your own education and so on. Maybe you’re afraid of dropping out of school, compare that with taking your own life, which is better?

You still have a chance to succeed someday if you live, but if you die, there’s no chance whatsoever. So make up your mind to let your education go if that’s the punishment for squandering the money. Once you’ve made peace with the fear of not graduating, you proceed to the step 2.

Step 2. Fight for your education knowing it’s worth fighting for, but if you fail, it’s okay (if you finished step 1 being at
peace with yourself). Start by meeting someone your dad respects, like a religious leader, an uncle, your dad’s friend. Tell them your ordeal, tell them your resolution and peace you’ve made, and ask for their help to seek forgiveness and another chance from your dad. If you meet your dad finally and he didn’t kill you, at least you can live to keep fighting. If he refuses to help you further, accept it and move on, explore every other avenue available to further your education.

If you can do all these, then you’ve learnt your lessons and you’re ready to face the next stage of life.

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by UDUJ(m): 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2021
paulgabrielz:
got into bad company, misapproprited money meant for my schooling on irrelevances, about to throw away my life cause of those mistakes

And you are having suicidal thoughts because of this? What are they feeding these young guns of nowadays sef undecided

Dude get up and go make it right with your family. They gave you life, they can't kill you. Desist from whatever made you to falter. Bad friends - cut them all off. Take your life back and stop wallowing in this shameful self pity. Grow some balls.

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Acidosis(m): 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

How so?

I know they experience sadness, but depression? I don’t think so.
Depression is suffering that stems from the soul. Do animals have souls? undecided

Not really dear. It starts from the brain.

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 9:16pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Nigerians are raised too lazy for my taste. I see it as part and parcel of the problem that is Nigeria. undecided

If say this boy na oyinbo,im for dey here dey tell us of how im feel terrible and so im don go get job at one mechanic store and maybe a construction site, to help raise the money wey im lost. undecided

I don't understand the Nigerian model of raising the next generation at all... it doesn't make any sense to me. undecided

I very much agree with you. Coupled with the sense of entitlement.

In my opinion, the solution to that problem would be parents letting their children learn a skill or work a job after secondary school (at least for a year), to empower and enable them save up/contribute for their university education, instead of just sending them off to the university and providing everything for them.
I think that'll make them more responsible and independent minded.
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
Acidosis:

Not really dear. It starts from the brain.

Then it spreads. If not tamed.
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Acidosis(m): 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

Then it spreads. If not tamed.

The brain and central nervous system control the entire body, so yes.

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

I very much agree with you. Coupled with the sense of entitlement.

In my opinion, the solution to that problem would be parents letting their children learn a skill or work a job after secondary school (at least for a year), to empower and enable them save up/contribute for their university education, instead of just sending them off to the university and providing everything for them.
I think that'll make them more responsible and independent minded.
Big time! undecided
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by bjprodint1: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

You are alive for a specific purpose, and without you alive, that purpose cannot be fulfilled.
Humanity needs you, so make yourself useful to humanity.
If you can, visit hospitals, prisons or orphanages.
Give words of hope and encouragement to those that are there.
Give yourself a mission. Touch at least one life a day.

The moment you stop living for yourself and start living for God and humanity, life will begin to have meaning to you.
Your existence will begin to make sense.

Life is worth fighting for when you have something worth living for.
Kai!,you are really an angel.i got 10k today,but i started selling books.i bought verbal reasoning+quantitative at 800 naira(dats 400 naira per book)and am selling 1k(500 naira per book)i bought 11 sets(11 verbal and 11 quantitative)i have sold 5 sets today,remainin 6 sets.i invested 8800 +200 naira transport=9000.i hope 2 make 2k gain,den restock.what do u think?

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2021
bjprodint1:
Kai!,you are really an angel.i got 10k today,but i started selling books.i bought verbal reasoning+quantitative at 800 naira(dats 400 naira per book)and am selling 1k(500 naira per book)i bought 11 sets(11 verbal and 11 quantitative)i have sold 5 sets today,remainin 6 sets.i invested 8800 +200 naira transport=9000.i hope 2 make 2k gain,den restock.what do u think?

Wow! I’m happy and I’m proud of you. smiley
You’re doing well. Keep it up.

You can also look into other little businesses (non perishable) you can invest in that’ll bring you profits, no matter how little. (Don’t stick with only that one so that you don’t eat up your profits)
Multiple source of income is the key to financial empowerment.
Little by little....before you know it, you’ll be established.
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by bjprodint1: 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

Wow! I’m happy and I’m proud of you. smiley
You’re doing well. Keep it up.

You can also look into other little businesses (non perishable) you can invest in that’ll bring you profits, no matter how little. (Don’t stick with only that one so that you don’t eat up your profits)
Multiple source of income is the key to financial empowerment.
Little by little....before you know it, you’ll be established.

Thank you,even me am proud of myself.i will keep working hard,at least d 2k gain go reach by yam kip 4 house.by d tyme i finish with d 9k start up capital,9k go know say i no dey joke with am.thanks 4 d encouragement.thank u.
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Newboss(m): 10:29pm On Aug 28, 2021
How do you want to execute tye suicide? You should have some clewr picture of the act on your mind. Tell us about it.
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Nisland(m): 2:20am On Aug 29, 2021
Don't try it.because i have try it.this life is very simple and full of enjoy.call unto God.
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by paulgabrielz: 6:55am On Aug 29, 2021
Newboss:
How do you want to execute tye suicide? You should have some clewr picture of the act on your mind. Tell us about it.
i have always been a loner. Just taking cyanide. Less pain. Quicker death. Not really considering suicide anymore

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by frozen70(f): 7:03am On Aug 29, 2021
paulgabrielz:
I have been having sucidal thoughts lately. Any one?

Relax yourself and talk to God

God is the only one to position helpers for we humans
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by VTJN(m): 7:03am On Aug 29, 2021
UDUJ:

And you are having suicidal thoughts because of this? What are they feeding these young guns of nowadays sef undecided

Dude get up and go make it right with your family. They gave you life, they can't kill you. Desist from whatever made you to falter. Bad friends - cut them all off. Take your life back and stop wallowing in this shameful self pity. Grow some balls.
They aren't to be blame at times. Their parents/guidians probably got it wrong at a point of nurturing them. The parents/guidians are not to be blamed also. Afterall, there are parents who provided everything for their child/ren/wards and they all turn out well

Nevertheless, parents should educate their wards on finances. Teach them prudency, learn a skill, volunteer et al

Raise kids that would resist peer pressure at sight, that won't succumb to social media affluence, whose environment will not be a determinant factor and many more
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by paulgabrielz: 7:05am On Aug 29, 2021
frozen70:

Relax yourself and talk to God

God is the only one to position helpers for we humans
I am a free thinker. I acknowledge a God exist but i don't believe in him

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Beedude(m): 7:08am On Aug 29, 2021
paulgabrielz:
Kindly withdraw your steps from things that take away the good in you.
I remember your monicker in the betting thread few years ago. U gambled with some funds and lose i guess.
Still, its not the end of the world.
Unfollow such thread and focus on building yourself either by learning a vocation.
As regards your parents. Kindly send a text to them explaining things to then. Show how remorseful u are. No parent will kill their children for making mistakes.
The lord is ur strenght
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by paulgabrielz: 7:14am On Aug 29, 2021
Beedude:

Kindly withdraw your steps from things that take away the good in you.
I remember your monicker in the betting thread few years ago. U gambled with some funds and lose i guess.
Still, its not the end of the world.
Unfollow such thread and focus on building yourself either by learning a vocation.
As regards your parents. Kindly send a text to them explaining things to then. Show how remorseful u are. No parent will kill their children for making mistakes.
The lord is ur strenght
yh. About the thread or Anything thing related to it i have unfollowed. As for reaching out to my folks, that would be very hard
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Beedude(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2021
paulgabrielz:
yh. About the thread or Anything thing related to it i have unfollowed. As for reaching out to my folks, that would be very hard
Nothing good comes easy. Just text or find a respectable person who can face your parents. It could be their pastor or imam. Explain everything and let the person know you have changed and ready to face any disciplinary action.
I have a cousin that was sent to BOWEN university and squader millions till after 4yrs.
The dad colapse and was admitted when he went for convocation.
At the end the matter was settled by my dad.
The guy learnt how to repair computers and phones. Right now he is out of Nigeria, married with kids to a white.
Challenges are part of life. It makes u stronger.

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by frozen70(f): 8:33am On Aug 29, 2021
paulgabrielz:
I am a free thinker. I acknowledge a God exist but i don't believe in him
Ok put your trust in whatever you believe, that's where your help is coming from
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Ejika48(f): 8:53am On Aug 29, 2021
Do u need someone to talk to? Is ur marriage not working? Are u at d verge of divorcing it partner? U don't have a child? U need help? Don't worry... Follow @naughtybynaturemii on her live programs and be glad u did
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by socialmediaman: 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
Beedude:

Nothing good comes easy. Just text or find a respectable person who can face your parents. It could be their pastor or imam. Explain everything and let the person know you have changed and ready to face any disciplinary action.
I have a cousin that was sent to BOWEN university and squader millions till after 4yrs.
The dad colapse and was admitted when he went for convocation.
At the end the matter was settled by my dad.
The guy learnt how to repair computers and phones. Right now he is out of Nigeria, married with kids to a white.
Challenges are part of life. It makes u stronger.

Very good advise if he’ll listen. Similar to the advise I gave him up there. This is a test of whether he has learnt his lesson or looking for the easy way out that will put him further in a deep mess
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by mariahAngel(f): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
bjprodint1:
Thank you,even me am proud of myself.i will keep working hard,at least d 2k gain go reach by yam kip 4 house.by d tyme i finish with d 9k start up capital,9k go know say i no dey joke with am.thanks 4 d encouragement.thank u.

Keep working hard so that you can earn back your respect, not just for yourself but for your children also (it must break their hearts every time they see you down or humiliated).
Never leave yourself and your children at the mercy of the world. It is a cruel world we live in.
You’re strong and you can do anything you set your mind to.

You’re welcome dear.
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by bukatyne(f): 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
paulgabrielz:

You messed up and instead of you to right the wrongs, you are talking of suicidal thoughts.

If you kill your self, does it resolve the issue on ground?

Like someone said, we need to start emphasizing on mental intelligence. undecided
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Newboss(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
paulgabrielz:
i have always been a loner. Just taking cyanide. Less pain. Quicker death. Not really considering suicide anymore

Good to know you're not considering suicide anymore.
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
paulgabrielz:
Loner ke? More like a young coward...choosing death instead of taking responsibility for your own mistake. undecided

So, Mr Wiseman, who's going to dispose of the body after you cap yourself? Have you ensured made plans to ensure your family is not also have to be burdened with the disposal of your body then too? undecided
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Mleeperbother: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Loner ke? More like a young coward...choosing death instead of taking responsibility for your own mistake. undecided

So, Mr Wiseman, who's going to dispose of the body after you cap yourself? Have you ensured made plans to ensure your family is not also have to be burdened with the disposal of your body then too? undecided
What is the business of a dead man with how his body is disposed?
If the neighbours know what's good for them, they would find a way to get rid of the body.

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by paulgabrielz: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:

That part i have no authority over
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mleeperbother:

What is the business of a dead man with how his body is disposed?
If the neighbours know what's good for them, they would find a way to get rid of the body.
It is selfish and wicked to decide to end one's life without first ensuring there is a plan to get rid of the meat sack that is left behind. undecided

Only the wicked intentionally leave behind a burden for others to take care of. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2021
paulgabrielz:
That part i have no authority over
Again, you refuse responsibility, and I am supposed to be surprised? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Mleeperbother: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is selfish and wicked to decide to end one's life without first ensuring there is a plan to get rid of the meat sack that is left behind. undecided

Only the wicked intentionally leave behind a burden for others to take care of. undecided

LMAO! How is he going to make plans for his body to be disposed without jeopardising his plan for suicide.
Op, If you want to cap yourself, then do it.
If your body smell na ur neighbors go suffer am. If dem like make dem no Bury u.
Re: I Need Someone I Can Talk With. by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mleeperbother:

LMAO! How is he going to make plans for his body to be disposed without jeopardising his plan for suicide.
Op, If you want to cap yourself, then do it.
If your body smell na ur neighbors go suffer am. If dem like make dem no Bury u.
I don't understand! How does making plans for the disposal of his body jeopardize his plan for suicide? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Moms Tears Weaks Me Each Time I Try To Find My Way Out / Can You Tell?How Long Do You Think It Should Last?Singles/Married . . interestin / What To Do If You Are Married To A Sanguine Husband Or Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.