Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? (17180 Views)

Is This Why Modern Christian Can't Do Miracles As Apostle Paul And Peter Did? / Miracles As Of Old / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by makavelli80(m): 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I have a bunch of them as friends actually. undecided

Being an atheist has little or nothing to do with academic prowess. undecided
Its easy to deceive unlettered fellow than educated ones. Although u dnt stil get the category of lerned am taking abt
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by KnownUnknown: 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin grin See great pain, so much so that you can not recover grin grin grin

The Word of God cuts down all evil souls!

Dumb animal. You don’t have enough emojis in the post to hide your stupidity. Lol, the “word of god” is as real as the morphogenetic fields you claim to understand.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
makavelli80:
wrong!

Miracles never happen

Anything that happens is a manifestation of the property of something to possess limits.

What else?
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Dumb animal. You don’t have enough emojis in the post to hide your stupidity.

He is a waste of time here
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by KnownUnknown: 10:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
HellVictorinho:

He is a waste of time here

I had an inkling he would claim to understand the nonsense I was writing that day and like the cretinous buffoon that he is, he fell right into it.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Aug 29, 2021
makavelli80:
Its easy to deceive unlettered fellow than educated ones. Although u dnt stil get the category of lerned am taking abt
Oh, I know the category of learned you are talking of and I am telling you that what you think is not the case at all. undecided
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I know the category of learned you are talking of and I am telling you that what you think is not the case at all. undecided

Atheism is the absence of faith in God

It is not the certainty of understanding or possessing the knowledge of certain things

But I don't think an atheist would be so dumb except he or she is an slowpoke or retard or lunatic or an infant or a toddler

Everyone is born an atheist

Then, you get exposed to several things which may coincide with the occurrence of faith in God (s) or the supernatural in your head

Your claims of the knowledge and understanding of who God is don't make you special

If the faith never occurs, it doesn't mean you won't get exposed to certain things

So,every atheist can be talented
or creative except he or she is an slowpoke or lunatic or infant
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Atheism is the absence of faith in God
It is not the certainty of understanding or possessing the knowledge of certain things
But I don't think an atheist would be so dumb except he or she is an slowpoke or retard or lunatic or an infant or a toddler
Everyone is born an atheist
Then, you get exposed to several things which may coincide with the occurrence of faith in God (s) or the supernatural in your head
Your claims of the knowledge and understanding of who God is don't make you special
If the faith never occurs, it doesn't mean you won't get exposed to certain things
So,every atheist can be talented
or creative except he or she is an slowpoke or lunatic or infant

How about this.....

Every human being can be talented or creative except he or she is an slowpoke or lunatic or infant.

Or better yet

Every human being can be talented or creative [s]except he or she is an slowpoke or lunatic or infant. [/s]
Prowess and intelligence, even of the academic kind, does not belong only to those without a belief in God. undecided
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by 10mobile: 12:18am On Aug 30, 2021
Blitzerz:

There are testimonies everyday,
Except you don't go to church.
I don't know why you are talking like this.
Testimonies in church? But, Jesus handled public cases. Testimonies could be faked in many ways.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Federalofficia(m): 1:16am On Aug 30, 2021
cheesy
Workch:
Anytime this one post nonsense, he thinks he’s smart.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by achu442(m): 1:21am On Aug 30, 2021
thesicilian:
Miracles still happen everyday

Abeg tell them
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by achu442(m): 1:22am On Aug 30, 2021
Miracles that I see every seconds. open your eyes dude.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:32am On Aug 30, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Dumb animal. You don’t have enough emojis in the post to hide your stupidity. Lol, the “word of god” is as real as the morphogenetic fields you claim to understand.

grin More insults even when I did not insult you. But I understand, grin it is always the bye product of great loss and Pain. grin

Anyway, Fool, grin on your "morphogenetic fields shiit" you do real-eyes that there is the understanding, "that I understand" that you do have The Right to be Make a Fool of Yourself and to display your insanity grin as long as "you open a thread" to do so, Fool? grin

grin Like I tell thee alway, why doth thou lovest to roll in shiit filled gutters, as a pig? grin

Doth thou seest how thy love for evil causeth thee to be full of madness? grin grin grin
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:47am On Aug 30, 2021
makavelli80:
wrong!

grin saying "Wrong", without any explanation is complete proof that you are simply shouting "Yea, I can not rebut, I have nothing to say"!

Son, I watched the development of the so called atheists, how they were always brilliant people worthy of admiration in the 80's but were laughed at and called fools by the world which made them return to their darkness from which they came from.

Until now, that they have finished destroying the acquisition of True Knowledge and education, replacing them with lies, that they have come out to deceive you all.

And because you guys do not know The Truth, you bought their lies, hook, sinker and line.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by KnownUnknown: 4:54am On Aug 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin More insults even when I did not insult you. But I understand, grin it is always the bye product of great loss and Pain. grin

Anyway, Fool, grin on your "morphogenetic fields shiit" you do real-eyes that there is the understanding, "that I understand" that you do have The Right to be Make a Fool of Yourself and to display your insanity grin as long as "you open a thread" to do so, Fool? grin

grin Like I tell thee alway, why doth thou lovest to roll in shiit filled gutters, as a pig? grin

Doth thou seest how thy love for evil causeth thee to be full of madness? grin grin grin

Dumb son of a bitch. You don’t have nearly enough emojis yet.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:08am On Aug 30, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Dumb son of a bitch. You don’t have nearly enough emojis yet.

grin grin grin Satan don fall inside deep hole, laugh am, laugh am! E don fall for deep hole, laugh am, laugh am! grin grin grin

grin grin grin See Pain. Great Pain and you have not yet entered the Lake of Fire, yet, see how you are overcome and over full with the madness of Pain. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Blitzerz: 5:49am On Aug 30, 2021
10mobile:

Testimonies in church? But, Jesus handled public cases. Testimonies could be faked in many ways.
Ehn .... You know church isn't a public place na. It's a closet.
SMH.....

By the way, in the days of Jesus, there were sorcerers who also faked miracles. So what's your point?
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Myer(m): 6:59am On Aug 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Now, you are making it look like you are asking an independent question, whereas, you raised up this question because of my statement on "fair weather friends"

Now in answer, to the question, do you not remember that the Christ Chose the disciples even before they believed on Him?

So Christ chose Thomas first before Thomas believed on Him, so Christ obliging Thomas was already under the earlier cover that He, Christ had chosen Thomas exactly as He obliged the disciples when they told Him that they truly did not understand the meanings of His Parables.

Christ may have chosen them before they believed him. But they chose to follow him after seeing his signs.

For Peter, it was after Christ made them catch fish when they had given up.
Another account says it was Andrew (his brother) that introduced Peter to Jesus after seeing signs.

For Thomas, he had obviously heard the news of Christ and his miracles.

What I like is honesty in any engagement I have.
It is dishonesty that clouds the truth.
By honesty we know the actual truth.

My point here afterall is that it is not wrong to ask for signs since God clearly obliged those who asked for signs.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:04am On Aug 30, 2021
Myer:

Christ may have chosen them before they believed him. But they chose to follow him after seeing his signs.
For Peter, it was after Christ made them catch fish when they had given up.
Another account says it was Andrew (his brother) that introduced Peter to Jesus after seeing signs.
For Thomas, he had obviously heard the news of Christ and his miracles.
What I like is honesty in any engagement I have.
It is dishonesty that clouds the truth.
By honesty we know the actual truth.
My point here afterall is that it is not wrong to ask for signs since God clearly obliged those who asked for signs.

The one and only nation God had a Covenant (sacred agreement) with regarding supernatural signs are Israelites! That's why Jesus said:

“I was not sent to anyone except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Matthew 15:24

As for gentiles (other nations) no miracles will occur without the presence or intervention of a Jew who happens to be one of Jesus' confidants. All what the gentiles need are the reputations of the God of Israel and how Christians proved to be God's Chosen group with their fine works (fruit) Matthew 7:16-18 !
After the death of all Jesus' confidants anyone expecting miracles is deceiving himself! 1Corinthians 13:8-10

That's the TRUTH! smiley
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by AntiChristian: 8:05am On Aug 30, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
you stylishly avoided malams, the Terrorists that perform miracle with bombs.

Imagine the miracle they performed at Kabul airport and millions of people disappear.

You also stylishly avoided Yahweh that performed miracles by killing thousands in rage and carnage in the old testament.

Let me show you some of the miracles:

Numbers Chapter 31: 7-12
And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword. And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods. And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire. And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts. And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

I wonder what you have to say about this? Using you own criteria against them this makes your God a false violent God. So once again Christians should not throw stones if they live in a glass house.

17-18
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

What do you have to say to this? This is your God commanding Moses to kill the women and CHILDREN and to keep the virgins alive. How do they know who is virgin? Why are infant men killed and only virgins left? What does Yahweh mean by keeping the virgins for themselves? You can now define PEDOPHILIA

Elisha curses 42 Lads in the name of the LORD
Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria. (2 Kings 2:23-25)

No comments!

Judges 1:21-35
The tribe of Benjamin, however, failed to drive out the Jebusites, who were living in Jerusalem. So to this day the Jebusites live in Jerusalem among the people of Benjamin. The descendants of Joseph attacked the town of Bethel, and the LORD was with them. They sent spies to Bethel (formerly known as Luz), who confronted a man coming out of the city. They said to him, "Show us a way into the city, and we will have mercy on you." So he showed them a way in, and they killed everyone in the city except for this man and his family. Later the man moved to the land of the Hittites, where he built a city. He named the city Luz, and it is known by that name to this day. The tribe of Manasseh failed to drive out the people living in Beth-shan, Taanach, Dor, Ibleam, Megiddo, and their surrounding villages, because the Canaanites were determined to stay in that region.
When the Israelites grew stronger, they forced the Canaanites to work as slaves, but they never did drive them out of the land. The tribe of Ephraim also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Gezer, and so the Canaanites continued to live there among them. The tribe of Zebulun also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Kitron and Nahalol, who continued to live among them. But they forced them to work as slaves. The tribe of Asher also failed to drive out the residents of Acco, Sidon, Ahlab, Aczib, Helbah, Aphik, and Rehob. In fact, because they did not drive them out, the Canaanites dominated the land where the people of Asher lived. The tribe of Naphtali also failed to drive out the residents of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath. Instead, the Canaanites dominated the land where they lived. Nevertheless, the people of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath were sometimes forced to work as slaves for the people of Naphtali. As for the tribe of Dan, the Amorites forced them into the hill country and would not let them come down into the plains. The Amorites were determined to stay in Mount Heres, Aijalon, and Shaalbim, but when the descendants of Joseph became stronger, they forced the Amorites to work as slaves.

Hmmm! Read on

Zephaniah 2:12-15
"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert. The city that once was so proud will become a pasture for sheep and cattle. All sorts of wild animals will settle there. Owls of many kinds will live among the ruins of its palaces, hooting from the gaping windows. Rubble will block all the doorways, and the cedar paneling will lie open to the wind and weather. This is the fate of that boisterous city, once so secure. "In all the world there is no city as great as I," it boasted. But now, look how it has become an utter ruin, a place where animals live! Everyone passing that way will laugh in derision or shake a defiant fist

The LORD get sword?

Leviticus 21:9
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.

Interesting

1Samuel 6:19-20
And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?

Ah Ah

1 Kings 20:35-36
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.

What?!

Ezekiel 9:5-7
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all - old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."

Another massacre.

Jeremiah 51:20-26
"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.

Another massacre, same old story.

Isaiah 13:15-18
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.

It seem it gets from bad to worse!

1 Kings 13:1-2
At the LORD's command, a man of God from Judah went to Bethel, and he arrived there just as Jeroboam was approaching the altar to offer a sacrifice. Then at the LORD's command, he shouted, "O altar, altar! This is what the LORD says: A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David. On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense, and human bones will be burned on you."

Very sick indeed.

Exodus 21:20-21
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property

So you can beat your slave as much as you like, just make sure IT doesn't die, and I call the slave it since a slave is a mere possession according to the Bible.

lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Danjikanbauchi: 8:13am On Aug 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

You also stylishly avoided Yahweh that performed miracles by killing thousands in rage and carnage in the old testament.

Let me show you some of the miracles:

And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword. And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods. And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire. And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts. And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

I wonder what you have to say about this? Using you own criteria against them this makes your God a false violent God. So once again Christians should not throw stones if they live in a glass house.

17-18
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

What do you have to say to this? This is your God commanding Moses to kill the women and CHILDREN and to keep the virgins alive. How do they know who is virgin? Why are infant men killed and only virgins left? What does Yahweh mean by keeping the virgins for themselves? You can now define PEDOPHILIA

Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria. (2 Kings 2:23-25)

No comments!

The tribe of Benjamin, however, failed to drive out the Jebusites, who were living in Jerusalem. So to this day the Jebusites live in Jerusalem among the people of Benjamin. The descendants of Joseph attacked the town of Bethel, and the LORD was with them. They sent spies to Bethel (formerly known as Luz), who confronted a man coming out of the city. They said to him, "Show us a way into the city, and we will have mercy on you." So he showed them a way in, and they killed everyone in the city except for this man and his family. Later the man moved to the land of the Hittites, where he built a city. He named the city Luz, and it is known by that name to this day. The tribe of Manasseh failed to drive out the people living in Beth-shan, Taanach, Dor, Ibleam, Megiddo, and their surrounding villages, because the Canaanites were determined to stay in that region.
When the Israelites grew stronger, they forced the Canaanites to work as slaves, but they never did drive them out of the land. The tribe of Ephraim also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Gezer, and so the Canaanites continued to live there among them. The tribe of Zebulun also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Kitron and Nahalol, who continued to live among them. But they forced them to work as slaves. The tribe of Asher also failed to drive out the residents of Acco, Sidon, Ahlab, Aczib, Helbah, Aphik, and Rehob. In fact, because they did not drive them out, the Canaanites dominated the land where the people of Asher lived. The tribe of Naphtali also failed to drive out the residents of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath. Instead, the Canaanites dominated the land where they lived. Nevertheless, the people of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath were sometimes forced to work as slaves for the people of Naphtali. As for the tribe of Dan, the Amorites forced them into the hill country and would not let them come down into the plains. The Amorites were determined to stay in Mount Heres, Aijalon, and Shaalbim, but when the descendants of Joseph became stronger, they forced the Amorites to work as slaves.

Hmmm! Read on

"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert. The city that once was so proud will become a pasture for sheep and cattle. All sorts of wild animals will settle there. Owls of many kinds will live among the ruins of its palaces, hooting from the gaping windows. Rubble will block all the doorways, and the cedar paneling will lie open to the wind and weather. This is the fate of that boisterous city, once so secure. "In all the world there is no city as great as I," it boasted. But now, look how it has become an utter ruin, a place where animals live! Everyone passing that way will laugh in derision or shake a defiant fist

The LORD get sword?

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.

Interesting

And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?

Ah Ah

Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.

What?!

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all - old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."

Another massacre.

"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.

At the LORD's command, a man of God from Judah went to Bethel, and he arrived there just as Jeroboam was approaching the altar to offer a sacrifice. Then at the LORD's command, he shouted, "O altar, altar! This is what the LORD says: A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David. On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense, and human bones will be burned on you."

Very sick indeed.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property

So you can beat your slave as much as you like, just make sure IT doesn't die, and I call the slave it since a slave is a mere possession according to the Bible.

wars were fought in olden days and Jewish wars were documented as a result of their exposure to knowledge of reading and writing. Had it been the jihadist Annabi MOHAMMED (Piss be upon him) was documented it would have been the highest crime in the history of man kind. Let bring it home what of the Terrorists activities of Usman Danfodio and Queen Amina of Zazzau ? They committed the worst crime in black Africa since human existence but because it was not documented like you have it in the Bible about the Jews war with their enemies you don't come here and talk shit.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by AntiChristian: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
wars were fought in olden days and Jewish wars were documented as a result of their exposure to knowledge of reading and writing. Had it been the jihadist Annabi MOHAMMED (Piss be upon him) was documented it would have been the highest crime in the history of man kind. Let bring it home what of the Terrorists activities of Usman Danfodio and Queen Amina of Zazzau ? They committed the worst crime in black Africa since human existence but because it was not documented like you have it in the Bible about the Jews war with their enemies you don't come here and talk shit.

If it wasn't documented then how did you know it was true?

Since the Bible version was true, who were the terrorists there?
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Danjikanbauchi: 8:21am On Aug 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

If it wasn't documented then how did you know it was true?

Since the Bible version was true, who were the terrorists there?
Annabi MOHAMMED ( piss and shit be upon him ) was the harbinger of Terrorists
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by 10mobile: 8:29am On Aug 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You are the funniest ape I ever saw. Why, all of a sudden, you started speaking King James English?

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by AntiChristian: 8:52am On Aug 30, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
Annabi MOHAMMED ( piss and shit be upon him ) was the harbinger of Terrorists

Good! He is the one that did all this?

17-18

No comments!

Hmmm! Read on

The LORD get sword?

Interesting

Ah Ah

What?!

Another massacre.

Very sick indeed.

Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by holyokoto(m): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2021
Omooba77:
Why are we not seeing Miracles as of Old?

Because they are all imaginations and fabrications
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by KnownUnknown: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin grin Satan don fall inside deep hole, laugh am, laugh am! E don fall for deep hole, laugh am, laugh am! grin grin grin

grin grin grin See Pain. Great Pain and you have not yet entered the Lake of Fire, yet, see how you are overcome and over full with the madness of Pain. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Still not nearly enough emojis, you infernal r3tard.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Myer(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The one and only nation God had a Covenant (sacred agreement) with regarding supernatural signs are Israelites! That's why Jesus said:

“I was not sent to anyone except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Matthew 15:24

As for gentiles (other nations) no miracles will occur without the presence or intervention of a Jew who happens to be one of Jesus' confidants. All what the gentiles need are the reputations of the God of Israel and how Christians proved to be God's Chosen group with their fine works (fruit) Matthew 7:16-18 !
After the death of all Jesus' confidants anyone expecting miracles is deceiving himself! 1Corinthians 13:8-10

That's the TRUTH! smiley

Even after Jesus made that statement, you do realise that he still went ahead to heal every sick person?

God at no point stopped miracles.
Paul and Barnabas who were sent specidically to Gentiles were able to convert them through signs.

But I understand how you choose to misinterpret the bible to suit your lack of miracles.
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
Myer:

Even after Jesus made that statement, you do realise that he still went ahead to heal every sick person?
God at no point stopped miracles.
Paul and Barnabas who were sent specidically to Gentiles were able to convert them through signs.
But I understand how you choose to misinterpret the bible to suit your lack of miracles.

no miracles will occur without the presence or intervention of a Jew who happens to be one of Jesus' confidants

Please just quote one place in the Bible where one single miracle occur without the involvement of an Israelite! undecided

This is not about Interpretation to suit lacking because the OP openly throw the question to everyone, so if you know where real miracles are happening there are lots of sick people perhaps we should invite them to test the authenticity of your miracles! undecided
Re: Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How about this.....

Every human being can be talented or creative except he or she is an slowpoke or lunatic or infant.

Or better yet

Every human being can be talented or creative [s]except he or she is an slowpoke or lunatic or infant. [/s]
Prowess and intelligence, even of the academic kind, does not belong only to those without a belief in God. undecided

Off course

I never said creativity only belongs to atheists

My point is that faith occurs accidentally.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) / T.B Joshua Again: I See Death Of An Argentinian Leader / 'If You Remove Church, Nigeria Will Collapse’ — RCCG Pastor, Pat Akem-Vingir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.