Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture - Investment (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture (28154 Views)

How Much Did You Make In Digital Currencies In 2021, See Mine (binance, Etc) / Investing In Digital Currencies. Learn And Earn From The Best Options In 2022. / What Did You Acquire In The Previous Bull Run (digital Currencies) See Mine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Hazardd(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2021
jedisco:

I have some staked coyns on binaz but also use other platforms
pls how does this staking work.. is it good
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 11:03am On Nov 20, 2021
jedisco:
For those asking, on this dip, I'm focused on getting entry into midcaps within 1- 5 billion usd market cap... Preferably those sitting on their weekly support...
Looking at crv and chz in this group.

For micros below 1 b usd cap, still same coyns I've been compounding

These should offer good risk/reward going forward

Still relating to this, at this stage of the market, if you had followed this thread, then most would have narrowed down what coyns they want to hold for the midterm...

Next would be entry.... I always look at this from a risk/reward perspective.... To do this, I look at a number of factors including market cap, weekly candles e.t.c.. and draw a line where I would stop adding to that position. When I look at entry, I'm looking to enter at a point where I can reasonably expect a 3-5x increase for this run as a minimum.

Same thing with the chart abv- it's obvious that long-term holders are not so keen on buying bitc0in abv 60k.... It's thesame thought process driving that.

I'd give an example of some coyns in my portfolio and where I drew the line

1. Dot- my cutoff here was 30 usd... Did all my buying below that level
2. Link- cut off also 30usd.
3. Doge- cut off 0.25
4. Luna- cutoff was 40... Later stretched to 44..
5. Chiliz- cutoff was about 40
4. Eth- 4k... My eith position usually grows with the cycle as I take some profits into eith
5. Matic- 1.6
6. Xrp- 1.2
7. One- 0.25

I have such given price points for even micros I buy.... Knowing what your entry was, makes taking profits much easier

For coyns like sol (40), shib (0.0x85), avax (65), Ada (2)... I stopped buying ... All I'm looking at is taking/cycling profits where needed

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 11:04am On Nov 20, 2021
Hazardd:
pls how does this staking work.. is it good

I had shared thoughts and resources I found useful on early pages

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 9:25am On Nov 21, 2021
Came across this om defillama.

Shows different defi protocols and the total value locked on them (TVL)...

For those protocols that have tokens, I then looked at the market cap of the tokens.... It gives a good idea of what stuff is overinflated...

For example, Cake has a market cap of abt 4 billion and has 6.3 locked.
Crv has a market cap of 1.5 B but has 20 b locked....
Reason why I'm more bullish on crv that most others there.
Also, I like the way crv seems to be consolidating below 4 usd.... There's something about that number I like...

When I allocate my portfolio, I don't like spreading myself thin... So in each group, I want to select 1-3 tokens I believe would perform best...

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 9:55am On Nov 21, 2021
Still on defillama,

Looking at TVL in different chains gives an overview of what the market is doing...

Among the top 10, one layer 1 that has not done much this leg is tron... Although largely more centralised, its got a modest TVL.... Perhaps, it's consolidating... I don't hold it though

Another coin I fancy is Terra... Reason being that it's the only other layer 1 that does something unique that eith doesn't fully offer. For most other layer 1s, their selling point is cheap fees and quicker transactions. With Terra, the way they implement their synthetic offering both on different currencies and stocks is very much unique... It doesn't have a direct effect on its price but as UST's adoption grows, Terra should follow suit. Reason I have it in my portfolio. At a market cap of 17b, one has yo be reasonable with expectations but there's room for ample growth

Finally, matic, wonder why the TVL has gone up and lrice has not followed... perhaps a sign of good things... Stuff needs to start catching up with eith

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by shinaayodele48(m): 10:35am On Nov 21, 2021
Pls bro, how can I reach you. I have sent mail you are not replying

Looking at TVL in different chains gives an overview of what the market is doing...

Among the top 10, one layer 1 that has not done much this leg is tron... Although largely more centralised, its got a modest TVL.... Perhaps, it's consolidating... I don't hold it though

Another coin I fancy is Terra... Reason being that it's the only other layer 1 that does something unique that eith doesn't fully offer. For most other layer 1s, their selling point is cheap fees and quicker transactions. With Terra, the way they implement their synthetic offering both on different currencies and stocks is very much unique... It doesn't have a direct effect on its price but as UST's adoption grows, Terra should follow suit. Reason I have it in my portfolio. At a market cap of 17b, one has yo be reasonable with expectations but there's room for ample growth

Finally, matic, wonder why the TVL has gone up and lrice has not followed... perhaps a sign of good things... Stuff needs to start catching up with eith[/quote]
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by shinaayodele48(m): 10:37am On Nov 21, 2021
H
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Khaytunechi: 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
jedisco:

I had shared thoughts and resources I found useful on early pages

Hello. Thank you very much for your insightful posts. An ardent follower here.

I want to ask, when I see something like 110% APY for locked staking, does it mean one gets a hundred and ten percent of what you stake? Or is there a different metri they use to calculate this.

You called CHZ, I got it for long-term, then you mentioned it's more profitable to put your long-term holdings into launchpools and staking. So I did for my CHz about ten days ago then added more to it yesterday. Thanks for the calls.

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
Khaytunechi:

Hello. Thank you very much for your insightful posts. An ardent follower here.

I want to ask, when I see something like 110% APY for locked staking, does it mean one gets a hundred and ten percent of what you stake? Or is there a different metri they use to calculate this.

You called CHZ, I got it for long-term, then you mentioned it's more profitable to put your long-term holdings into launchpools and staking. So I did for my CHz about ten days ago then added more to it yesterday. Thanks for the calls.

Good to know you find the thread useful. Hopefully, chz brings the desired return
Apy- annual percentage yield. The rate you see is calculated per annum which is what you'd get if held for a year... Of holding for less, you'd have to divide accordingly....

Also there's some difference between apy and apr... Apy takes compounding into account

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Oyindamolah: 10:47am On Nov 22, 2021
Oyindamolah:
Xrp
Arweave
Elgrand
AXS
BTS
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Khaytunechi: 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
jedisco:

Good to know you find the thread useful. Hopefully, chz brings the desired return
Apy- annual percentage yield. The rate you see is calculated per annum which is what you'd get if held for a year... Of holding for less, you'd have to divide accordingly....

Also there's some difference between apy and apr... Apy takes compounding into account

Thank you. Got it now.

One more thing, please. Let's say a coin is worth 0.1 when you staked it for a year, then six months later, the price shoots up to 0.5 and you decided to not go all the way to a year, so you want to take it out after six months. Will you get the current value of the coin (i.e 0.5) with interest, or since you didn't wait till the 1 year duration, you'll get 0.1 with 6 months interest?

It's maybe a simple question but I just want to be sure.
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Timekeeper: 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
Mazinewmoney:
Following with reckless abandon

Boss my sincere apologies... I was just angry Dt u lost money to Dt kind of stuff... It's painful.....

I hate to hear it when genuine people lose money to scammers.... It's hurt me so much..

Sorry for my comment... It was out of point... I was just angry..

I'm sorry Boss

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2021
Khaytunechi:

Thank you. Got it now.

One more thing, please. Let's say a coin is worth 0.1 when you staked it for a year, then six months later, the price shoots up to 0.5 and you decided to not go all the way to a year, so you want to take it out after six months. Will you get the current value of the coin (i.e 0.5) with interest, or since you didn't wait till the 1 year duration, you'll get 0.1 with 6 months interest?

It's maybe a simple question but I just want to be sure.

It depends on where you staked. For binaz, if it was thru locked staking you may have to forfeit the profit...
With staking on defi, you could pull out when you wish
.. eitherway, the conditions are usually written or could be clarified online.

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
Yesterday, I deployed some fiat into to the market... Too many coyns were at support so I decided to delve.

I have been waiting for a while to deploy some fiat and like stated before, I was looking more at coyns with under 5b Market cap

If the next 1-2 wks provides another dip, good chance that'd be my last purchase of this market cycle

Got some crv and chz
with micros, I got some lina, burger, slp and paper

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Mazinewmoney: 2:30am On Nov 26, 2021
No wahala bro. It's a lesson well learned
Timekeeper:

Boss my sincere apologies... I was just angry Dt u lost money to Dt kind of stuff... It's painful.....

I hate to hear it when genuine people lose money to scammers.... It's hurt me so much..

Sorry for my comment... It was out of point... I was just angry..

I'm sorry Boss
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 9:19am On Nov 27, 2021
Sailor1:

So far, it's been layer 1s performing well... Eith, bnb, sol, ftm, one...the list goes on

Layer 2 coins have generally struggled... Even on eith, the like of aave and uni have struggled to keep up....
Money will definitely flow into layer 2s while layer1s cool down but it's difficult to say when and I don't think the time is ripe yet....

Cake looks nasty against bnb though it is at a weekly support against it now. That support hasn't been traded as well so its difficult to say if it'd hold...

The staking rewards on cake are good (abt 75% on pancake swap) and abv elsewhere. I have some I intend to keep for the duration of this market cycle. Considering it's market cap and price, I could see a 5x this market cycle and might even outperform bnb at some point... But I wouldn't be converting more of my bnb into cake just yet. I'd rather ride both until the advantage becomes more obvious....e.g if cake keeps selling off into the lows

Cake/bnb... Cake has been shockingly underwhelming against bnb... Brings me back to portfolio allocation

This is clearly a reason why when I'm bullish on a chain, I want to hold the base layer coyn...

All smartchains are structured in such a way that the layer 1 coyns would in the long-term outperform coyns built on it... All fees on bsc are paid in bnb, same also most defi protocols on bsc have more bnb than any other coin locked in. If you look at CAKE, it serves little or no function unlike bnb...

That said, money will still flow into layer 2s and there are some early signs that's beginning to happen e.g crv and matic... And they'd sure outperform eth at certain times of the market but not in the long term...

The main reason I hold layer 2s is to use their intense rallies to boost my layer 1 portfolio..... On cake for example, I'd convert some bnb into cake if it bleeds into the lower levels...

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Realone11(m): 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
Please do we have anyone here who use NETELLER, Skrill Or Crypto.com? I need ur help
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by RealPMer(m): 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
I discovered a great Technical Analysis setup on TradingView. Ordinarily, I wouldn't sell it but being an unemployed graduate I don’t have the funds to utilize it as it requires TradingView subscription and a reasonable capital. Check my signature if you’d like to know more.
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 01, 2021
CME FUTURES UPDATE VIP
--------------------
On its 4 hour Time frame, the Bitcoin CME (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) Futures Graph formed a very convincing double bottom. This move has happened after price action tried once to break above its mid term resistance but failed, before heading down for a lower low and breaking back up to its previous range.

An unfilled gap has been created between $54,000 and $56,000 which has a high probability of being filled before a higher volume move above our current All Time Highs. Overall market structure remains bullish
--------------------
We told you first,
Fed. Russian Insiders®

Prepare for a small dump.

4hr bearish divergence loaded

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by shabs15(m): 10:40am On Dec 08, 2021
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by MapleBae2020: 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
jedisco:

@jedisco I hope you're ok. It's been a while. Just checking up on you boss
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Ibime(m): 12:06am On Dec 11, 2021
Bump

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Holdis110: 10:44pm On Dec 11, 2021
WHALE ACQUIRES 50 BILLION SHIBA INU COINS WORTH $1.8 BILLION
Crypto whale has purchased $50 billion Shiba Inu Coins valued at $1.8 million.
Shiba Inu coin has reduced in value and fell 15% in the past few days because of the wider sell-off in cryptocurrencies.
The jaraiya wallet has 1.67 trillion Shiba Inu, which is worth $59.6 million.
Shiba Inu has fallen about 15.93% over the past seven days, and has reduced to -4.23% in the past 24hours at $0.00003400, according to CoinMarketCap data. The circulating supply is 549,057,767,444,318.66 SHIB.
Bitcoin has lost 9.74%, while ether has lost 4.4% over the last 7days.
According to CoinMarketCap data, the largest whale has over 410 trillion coins [url]https://infohub101.com/2021/12/11/whale-acquires-50-billion-shiba-inu-coins-worth-1-8-billion/.
[/url]

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2021
MapleBae2020:

@jedisco I hope you're ok. It's been a while. Just checking up on you boss

I'm good... Been offline for a while...

Times like this are why it's good to earn interest on your crypt0 Holdings
Market has been slow. Didn't make any new buying aside crv which I mentioned earlier. Also compounded my matic

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2021
Seeing a number of suspect and scam posts above.. Folks should beware of links they follow
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:58am On Dec 19, 2021
Can't overstate this.... Times like this are why it's good to earn interest on your crypt0 holdings and look at the bigger picture.
Also, portfolio allocation is key... Even with all the blood... Some coyns have held up better than others. e.g Avax, Luna....

My main sell these past weeks was my matic holding. Sold at 2.4 and bought back at 1.8.

Overall, with all bitc0in selloffs this year, it always goes down in the coming days-weeks to take out the initial low which will be 42.5k in this case....
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Mazinewmoney: 2:42am On Dec 20, 2021
Greetings boss. Welcome back. I need your analysis on DYP. Defi yield protocol. It's listed in Kucoin. And Xfund
jedisco:

Can't overstate this.... Times like this are why it's good to earn interest on your crypt0 holdings and look at the bigger picture.
Also, portfolio allocation is key... Even with all the blood... Some coyns have held up better than others. e.g Avax, Luna....

My main sell these past weeks was my matic holding. Sold at 2.4 and bought back at 1.8.

Overall, with all bitc0in selloffs this year, it always goes down in the coming days-weeks to take out the initial low which will be 42.5k in this case....

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by silicon: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2021
Did you miss out on Shiba Inu? Here is an opportunity to mine 200 free Shiba faucet every 10mins withdrawable to your binance account once you've mined a minimum of 90,000 coins. Click the link below, sign up and start earning free Shiba faucet

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shibacoin.faucet&referrer=ra4eRoE72Qg5o92bX5OLTffKeQG3

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Eurobond / SEC Bans Binance Nigeria Limited: It Is An Illegal Entity / Your Best Investment Option, Key In Now

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64