Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was (627 Views)

Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Bride Price Was Paid, Says Her Husband Is A Scam / In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise / Single Mom Advertises Herself For A Husband On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by AlexMuhangi: 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2021
You met this lady in a country I went to search for greener pastures. She was everything I ever wanted. She is beautiful, elegant and industrious.
I have always wanted to marry her from the minute I saw her but I rejected that feeling after I learnt that she has two kids.
The ex who is responsible for the two kids is in prison in their country for years now.
In their custom I am free to marry her. According to her the ex is begging to come back but she has refused. She said the ex impregnated another woman while with her then proceed to beat her while she was pregnant for his second son. She has two son for him already but heaven knows I love this girl with everything in me.

Modified:
she is from Zambia and I am a Nigerian. She is not coming with her kids. We are starting a new life. The kids will stay with her mother and father. She is not a bad woman and there is nothing wrong with her attitude. She was used by a heartless man who started the relationship by drugging and raping her. He is the one who doesn’t deserve her but having a past life with kids and the returning of bride price stuff is my concern. I want to make sure this is not a must.
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by MufasaLion: 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2021
No matter how hard you try to live in peace with that woman, the ex will always be in your lives. Moreover, an exconvict can't be predicted. He's even in same country as you and he might leave prison sooner or later.

You got to ask more about the man. Why is he behind bars? No more about him. It will make your decision easier. And please, know that yoir woman will surely play the victim card irrespective of whatever. So be smart and don't be swayed by her explanations. The guy had his flaws too but he was good to her in some ways too.

If y'all are in different country it would have been better because there's distance which will make you have some peace.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by Goldbw122(m): 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by TarOrfeeek: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2021
cheesy

Don't you have a mother that loves you?

A mother that will tell you the truth.

See if you don't love your mother to the point of her telling you this is a big mistake. Then you have to do better.

There's a reason younger women hate men who have good relationship with their mothers. They want you to make silly choices like this.

Coming in between a convict and his thing. You're most likely to catch a bullet. tbvh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by suffering: 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
Lol. You want to enter a situation which you need people online to first explain to you. Don’t forget that after members post a single comment or ten at a go, na only you go face the music for the next four months if lucky or eighteen years if unfortunate. If you try to keep posting here week after week trying to understand things, na so we go fold hand look you. The mods sef go tire to post your news stone your ban for repeated trolling.
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by Romanoff(f): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2021
Well, if the guy hasn't married her, she's a single woman.

However, there are baggages that she comes with and you will have to be realistic about them and think them through thoroughly before you commit.

1. Are you willing to share custody with the father of the kids? This means their father will also be a part of your life?

2. Do you know and trust the woman not to be sleeping with her ex each time they have a chance?

Are you willing to be a father to those children? It's not the one that you will marry her and years later you will tell her to send her kids away or to their father.

3. Are you sure this woman loves you in return and is responsible and committed to the relationship?

4. Are you ready to bear the financial burden of the children if their father decides to be a deadbeat?

Think these questions through o.

Marriage is commitment to be with someone for the rest of your lives, love fit fade for the journey, but na commitment wey go keep una together.
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by Pierocash(m): 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2021
I don't know what people see in single mothers,except widows. There is a reason the father of the child isn't together with her.

Nothing will make me fall for single mother,98% of single mothers are single as mothers because they are bad,simple fact. Take it or leave,that is a fact.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by AlexMuhangi: 4:00pm On Aug 30, 2021
MufasaLion:
No matter how hard you try to live in peace with that woman, the ex will always be in your lives. Moreover, an exconvict can't be predicted. He's even in same country as you and he might leave prison sooner or later.

You got to ask more about the man. Why is he behind bars? No more about him. It will make your decision easier. And please, know that yoir woman will surely play the victim card irrespective of whatever. So be smart and don't be swayed by her explanations. The guy had his flaws too but he was good to her in some ways too.

If y'all are in different country it would have been better because there's distance which will make you have some peace.

Thanks for your suggestions but I forgot to include that she is a Zambian and I am a Nigerian and she is leaving her past life with the kids to start a new one over here.
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by AlexMuhangi: 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2021
Romanoff:
Well, if the guy hasn't married her, she's a single woman.

However, there are baggages that she comes with and you will have to be realistic about them and think them through thoroughly before you commit.

1. Are you willing to share custody with the father of the kids? This means their father will also be a part of your life?

2. Do you know and trust the woman not to be sleeping with her ex each time they have a chance?

Are you willing to be a father to those children? It's not the one that you will marry her and years later you will tell her to send her kids away or to their father.

3. Are you sure this woman loves you in return and is responsible and committed to the relationship?

4. Are you ready to bear the financial burden of the children if their father decides to be a deadbeat?

Think these questions through o.

Marriage is commitment to be with someone for the rest of your lives, love fit fade for the journey, but na commitment wey go keep una together.
Babe I understand but all this you mentioned are not my problem. I am asking if it is morally wrong to marry her or if it is against the scriptures.
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by Sonnobax15(m): 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2021
grin
No matter how PSG squad balance reach, they'll never give their opponent an advantage of two free goals to be ahead of them..... Because they know it'll be a difficult task trying to bounce back.....

Op,na word I tell you.....
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by AlexMuhangi: 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
cheesy

Don't you have a mother that loves you?

A mother that will tell you the truth.

See if you don't love your mother to the point of her telling you this is a big mistake. Then you have to do better.

There's a reason younger women hate men who have good relationship with their mothers. They want you to make silly choices like this.

Coming in between a convict and his thing. You're most likely to catch a bullet. tbvh

Forget about the threat and convict and his thing stuff. She is from another country. I am speaking from a moral perspective.
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by Sonnobax15(m): 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2021
AlexMuhangi:

Forget about the threat and convict and his thing stuff. She is from another country. I am speaking from a moral perspective.
Moral perspective you said? grin. This op,it's like you have already made up your mind to dig up your own grave by falling for a cheap tomfoolery like this..

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by MufasaLion: 4:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
AlexMuhangi:

Thanks for your suggestions but I forgot to include that she is a Zambian and I am a Nigerian and she is leaving her past life with the kids to start a new one over here.

So you're both in Zambia?
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by Perfectman91: 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2021
AlexMuhangi:
You met this lady in a country I went to search for greener pastures. She was everything I ever wanted. She is beautiful, elegant and industrious.
I have always wanted to marry her from the minute I saw her but I rejected that feeling after I learnt that she has two kids.
The ex who is responsible for the two kids is in prison in their country for years now.
In their custom I am free to marry her. According to her the ex is begging to come back but she has refused. She said the ex impregnated another woman while with her then proceed to beat her while she was pregnant for his second son. She has two son for him already but heaven knows I love this girl with everything in me.

Modified:
she is from Zambia and I am a Nigerian. She is not coming with her kids. We are starting a new life. The kids will stay with her mother and father. She is not a bad woman and there is nothing wrong with her attitude. She was used by a heartless man who started the relationship by drugging and raping her. He is the one who doesn’t deserve her but having a past life with kids and the returning of bride price stuff is my concern. I want to make sure this is not a must.

Bro forget about love for now and think with your head, this is some risky shit, this said lady may not actually be in love with you. If she's a good woman like you say, then she won't be abandoning her kids.
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by Perfectman91: 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2021
Perfectman91:

Bro forget about love for now and think with your head, this is some risky shit, this said lady may not actually be in love with you. If she's a good woman like you say, then she wouldn't be abandoning her kids.
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by Righteousness2(m): 4:39pm On Aug 30, 2021
First of all, your Heading is confusing! Was the guy in question a boy Friend or Husband?

If the guy in question is her husband as in (Married her legally) as long as He is alive, if you marry her, it is Biblically wrong. you are committing adultery.

If the above is not the case , then there is no problem.
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by AlexMuhangi: 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
First of all, your Heading is confusing! Was the guy in question a boy Friend or Husband?

If the guy in question is her husband as in (Married her legally) as long as He is alive, if you marry her, it is Biblically wrong. you are committing adultery.

If the above is not the case , then there is no problem.
Thank you dear. You are the only person where who even understood the question.
This is what I am asking and I don’t even understand all what those guys are blabbing about.
He is not legally married to her. He brought only engagement money which was returned by her parents.
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by Romanoff(f): 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
AlexMuhangi:

Babe I understand but all this you mentioned are not my problem. I am asking if it is morally wrong to marry her or if it is against the scriptures.

It is not morally wrong o. The bible isn't against it as long as nothing has been paid on her head.
Re: Is It Biblically Wrong To Marry A Single Mom Who’s Boyfriends Bride Price Was by maak400: 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
The ex will come back for his kids and wife, he'll deal with your ass if he catch you. Never marry a single mother with kids, it never ends well. Moreover she'll still be going back to him behind your back to get the dick once he's out of prison.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nairaland Guys Like This? / Stop Feeling Entitled When U Get Laid And Paid / Best Hotels In Lagos For ROMANTIC Weekend Getaway And Time Out With Your Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.