Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat (1089 Views)

She Left Me For A Medical Doctor And Now Wants A Second Chance / A Lady Replies Man Who Said Men Are Biologically Meant To Cheat / 7 Things To Do When You Are Tempted To Cheat In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by IamKizzbrown10(m): 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2021
What do u think?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by chatinent: 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2021
One man, one woman.

That was the standard.

If you must cheat, cheat all your marrows with your wife alone!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by daveP(m): 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
Well, for the record, shocking as it seems, NOWHERE In the NT is any verse that says a man should practice monogamy. Monogamy is rather and specifically talked about as regards the office of the Bishop.

I stand to be corrected!

Infact, there were lots of believers in the churches planted by Paul that had polygamous home.

But, still.....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by babtoundey(m): 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2021
chatinent:
One man, one woman.

That was the standard.

The standard... Whose standard sets by who. He can cheat but he can not marry a second wife. What kind of rubbish standard is that?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by chatinent: 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
babtoundey:

The standard... Whose standard sets by who. He can cheat but he can not marry a second wife. What kind of rubbish standard is that?

Read my post again.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by AutoChick4U(f): 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
chatinent:
One man, one woman.

That was the standard.

Standard set by who? The white brought monogamy to help with over population
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by CaroLyner(f): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2021
In the New Testament Jesus discussed marriage and how the Jews messed up the original plan. He gave the following teaching: "Haven't you read," He replied, "that He who created them in the beginning made them male and female, and He also said: For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two will become one flesh? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, man must not separate." Matt. 19:4-6 Notice that Jesus refers right back to Genesis to demonstrate the one man/one woman desire of God.

We can next look at what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 7:2: But because of sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband. Notice that Paul did not say “wives” or “husbands”; the meaning is clear that each man is to have but one wife.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by chatinent: 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Standard set by who? The white brought monogamy to help with over population

That's what you heard.

It isn't what it is.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
Monogamy is European concept. It has nothing to do with Christianity...

It is individual's right to be monogamous, polygamous or even staying unmarried like Paul
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by criuze(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
Very good indeed

A man should have at least two wives

Its because of the western capitalist economy that made us marry only one for some reasons and then cheat our life out

At least it'll balance ecology of marriage statistics

I equally think the scarcity of husbans and singulars of marriage index gave rise to feminism and lesbianism, and how cool these vices looks tonthem than consider teo legitimate sex portals
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
CaroLyner:
In the New Testament Jesus discussed marriage and how the Jews messed up the original plan. He gave the following teaching: "Haven't you read," He replied, "that He who created them in the beginning made them male and female, and He also said: For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two will become one flesh? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, man must not separate." Matt. 19:4-6 Notice that Jesus refers right back to Genesis to demonstrate the one man/one woman desire of God.

We can next look at what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 7:2: But because of sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband. Notice that Paul did not say “wives” or “husbands”; the meaning is clear that each man is to have but one wife.
So you brought a passage that was talking about divorce on flimpsy ground to mean monogamy? Where in the passage did you see one man to one wife?

"I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more." 2 Samuel 12:8

That is God speaking to David
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by criuze(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
,,�
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by Sonnobax15(m): 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2021
lipsrsealed
One woman sometimes dey give guyman big problem talk more of marrying a second,third wife......As in,I no just support that idea at all...... Because las las,na problem you go bring come your own family...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2021
Why marry in the first place if you're going to cheat?
You egocentric weirdos need help.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by MufasaLion: 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
Marriage?

Not interested. grin
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by virginprincess(f): 7:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
No, none is right, The bible say one man one wife, besides while will men cheat when the person they are cheating with is a woman like their wives at home, honestly, I will never understand men.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by Truvelisback(m): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2021
IamKizzbrown10:
What do u think?
Have u finished taking care of 1 b4 thinking of 2?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by Nonexisting1: 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2021
chatinent:
One man, one woman.

That was the standard.

Who set the standards of one man one wife? Was there any verse in the bible where it is written that Solomon went to hellfire for having 300 wives and 700 fucckmates? Don't provoke me please.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:
Monogamy is European concept. It has nothing to do with Christianity...

It is individual's right to be monogamous, polygamous or even staying unmarried like Paul
or polyandrous! undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by Preetti(f): 12:26am On Aug 31, 2021
IamKizzbrown10:
What do u think?
So when you marry a second wife cause you don't want to "cheat" and you meet someone new you're attracted to you'll marry that one too making wifey number 3, then number 4 comes along, then 5th, 6th and the list continues.
It's no wonder they say some of you reason with your carrots.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by xoxocandy(f): 10:54am On Aug 31, 2021
Preetti:
So when you marry a second wife cause you don't want to "cheat" and you meet someone new you're attracted to you'll marry that one too making wifey number 3, then number 4 comes along, then 5th, 6th and the list continues.
It's no wonder they say some of you reason with your carrots.
I tell you.Bunch of clowns grin
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by Preetti(f): 9:14am On Sep 02, 2021
cheesy
RTO:
I tell you.Bunch of clowns grin
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Marry A Second Wife Than To Cheat by ozome15(m): 10:34am On Sep 02, 2021
daveP:
Well, for the record, shocking as it seems, NOWHERE In the NT is any verse that says a man should practice monogamy. Monogamy is rather and specifically talked about as regards the office of the Bishop.

I stand to be corrected!

Infact, there were lots of believers in the churches planted by Paul that had polygamous home.

But, still.....
Can you mantion one or two persons

(1) (Reply)

Wild! Actress Princess Shyngle Steps Out Half-naked – WATCH VIDEO / Pls I Took The Hand Of Someone Else Who Is Not My. Father Is It Still Genetics / Get Your Lingeries And Sexy Underwears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.