Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? (95416 Views)

Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Man Discovers "Hidden Camera" In His Hotel Room At A Hotel In VI Lagos / Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Babara1994(m): 7:21am On Aug 31, 2021
I lodged in an hotel for a night. The bedsheet was smelling like pussy. Very irritating thing

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Brainard22: 7:44am On Aug 31, 2021
Worst experience?

Eko hotels and suites early last month

I got drunk and lost my way if not for my niggies I for sleep outside grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by NiklauseFred(m): 7:52am On Aug 31, 2021
stunnert:
I remember that year the company I was working with lodged me in one of those fancy hotels in Ikeja. On my last night there I had a bottle of big stout and nkowbi at the bar which had a good view of the reception, where I saw one lady with super super extra big mighty ass checked in one the rooms which happened to be opposite mine. I finished my drink and left for my room, I was just about to sleep around 10pm when I heard a knock on my door, I got up and checked thru the peephole and it was the big ass lady I saw, I opened the door and was about to ask wtf she wants at that time when she quickly apologized and introduced herself, I notices she was probably in her 60's, she the told me her AC wasn't working and the hotel technician wasn't around to fit it and all other rooms have been booked and if she could spend the night in my room, saying she wouldn't mind crashing on the floor.
I was about to say No when I saw that ass again, I then allowed her in and told her she could sleep on the bed and I would sleep on the floor but she didn't agree and we both agree to both sleep on the bed, immediately we got in bed she asked me if I could cuddle her from behind, I actually tried to do just that but dick too stubborn and when she realized I was having a hard on she grabbed and one thing led to that other and we ended fvcking for four good rounds.

We both left the next day, we still keep in touch tho and still manage to fix match once in a while where we fvck our brains out

I know!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by angelfallz(m): 8:03am On Aug 31, 2021
Lol. Guy man sniff the Bedsheet

stunnert:

How you take know say she squirt ?
Abi you take style smell the bedsheets grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by eddyghali(m): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2021
stunnert:
I remember that year the company I was working with lodged me in one of those fancy hotels in Ikeja. On my last night there I had a bottle of big stout and nkowbi at the bar which had a good view of the reception, where I saw one lady with super super extra big mighty ass checked in one the rooms which happened to be opposite mine. I finished my drink and left for my room, I was just about to sleep around 10pm when I heard a knock on my door, I got up and checked thru the peephole and it was the big ass lady I saw, I opened the door and was about to ask wtf she wants at that time when she quickly apologized and introduced herself, I notices she was probably in her 60's, she the told me her AC wasn't working and the hotel technician wasn't around to fit it and all other rooms have been booked and if she could spend the night in my room, saying she wouldn't mind crashing on the floor.
I was about to say No when I saw that ass again, I then allowed her in and told her she could sleep on the bed and I would sleep on the floor but she didn't agree and we both agree to both sleep on the bed, immediately we got in bed she asked me if I could cuddle her from behind, I actually tried to do just that but dick too stubborn and when she realized I was having a hard on she grabbed and one thing led to that other and we ended fvcking for four good rounds.

We both left the next day, we still keep in touch tho and still manage to fix match once in a while where we fvck our brains out
Too bad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Homeboiy: 8:16am On Aug 31, 2021
Try lodge for that hotel wey dey opposite total filling station for Akpakpava B/C

Come back come share your experience

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Zico777(m): 8:20am On Aug 31, 2021
stunnert:

Hmmm bobo juice!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Lightway: 8:24am On Aug 31, 2021
SportsHD:
While running a job for Ondo state gov, they booked us into a hotel in the posh area of akure.

On getting to the room, I wanted to lie down and light some sticky icky. I lifted the duvet up to lie down, I saw blood strains. God, I hate the sight of blood, I Wanted to puke.

Seems like someone's got cut while having sex or her menstruation blood got splattered around that area.
That wasn't even my problem.

My problem was the hotel staff's, didn't they see it when they came for routine cleaning after someone has left the room?
They said maybe the cleaner didn't see it.
That means he didn't even change the duvet.

I was like chai, so you guys don't even change bedsheets if it doesn't look dirty.

I requested for a new room, they said they're all booked out.

I had to sleep on the couch in the room and used my clothes to cover myself.

The next day, I googled searched the name of the hotel on google and wrote a long ass review on my experience.

It must be a cheap hotel

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by SportsHD: 8:27am On Aug 31, 2021
Lightway:

It must be a cheap hotel
Yeah. Someone in the govt in charge of our finances embezzled the money for our three star hotel and dumped us in a one star.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by angelfallz(m): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2021
Hotels can be very dirty and unhygienic. Even the so called 5 star hotels.

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by ieunited(m): 8:40am On Aug 31, 2021
I went to Warri on Friday for a wedding which was to hold the next day. I was not familiar with the environment so I just saw one hotel like that. The receptionist said 5k for the night. I paid and went to the room. On entry, my eyes just went to the bed and there was blood on the sheets. I called the receptionist to confirm if my eyes were deceiving me. The guy told me it is nothing but I can collect my money back if I want. Without further hesitation I was out of the hotel with my money.

139 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Dliquidmetal(m): 8:41am On Aug 31, 2021
SKhanmi:
was it at GRA area?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Zico777(m): 8:46am On Aug 31, 2021
ieunited:
I went to Warri on Friday for a wedding which was to hold the next day. I was not familiar with the environment so I just saw one hotel like that. The receptionist said 5k for the night. I paid and went to the room. On entry, my eyes just went to the bed and there was blood on the sheets. I called the receptionist to confirm if my eyes were deceiving me. The guy told me it is nothing but I can collect my money back if I want. Without further hesitation I was out of the hotel with my money.
Are u kidding me!
He actually said that to u!?

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by ieunited(m): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2021
[quote author=Zico777 post=105344583]
Are u kidding me!
He actually said that to u!?[Yes bro. Imagine my shock.]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Zico777(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2021
[quote author=ieunited post=105344677][/quote]

Hmmm na wah!
He would never have acted that way if the business was his.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by stunnert(m): 8:58am On Aug 31, 2021
OnyeMmeri:

You kpanshed a 60 year old woman? Good Lawd!!!

We dey run thinz Inside life

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by DeusMagnus: 9:00am On Aug 31, 2021
stunnert:

say God

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by b3llo(m): 9:01am On Aug 31, 2021
Weird indeed
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Olumighty123(m): 9:03am On Aug 31, 2021
I went to ede on a friday for a wedding which was to hold the next day, we were two, we sha got there late, all the good hotels nearby the wedding location had been booked, we sha later find one old building with no name (Hotel), we walked in and it was a guy at the receiption, we booked and head to our room, we were like two occupants in that hotel for that night, fast forward to late night, me and my guy we were gisting and suddenly we heard a loud noise from down stairs, some old men driving into the hotel with some odd old cars and their agbada were like that of a Ritualist, omo, na so we go downstairs to see what they were there for, I held my phone to my ear forming like I was on a call, I purposely described the place on phone and the room number and described the look of the guy at the reception with the fear of the unknown, I made sure those men and the reception guy were hearing me loud and clear (I wasn't even on any call) we head back to our room and pushed the bed frame to the back of the door, we slept with one eye open, early momo, we don mooove..

248 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Raulboy(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2021
Drizzy5001:
I was travelling to Yola from Onitsha, so I had to spend the night in Jalingo(Taraba state), I paid 5k for a night, I saw mucus (catrrh) on the bed of my hotel room, plus the giant rats wey just dey play for my room,and there was nothing I could do because we arrived there late at night, that I was even lucky to see a vacant room sadthey even climbed my bed that night I no just sleep at all, I just dey vex, those useless rats really used me to catch criuse. sad angry
You sure that was catarrh ���

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by TheEnygma(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2021
Raulboy:

You sure that was catarrh ���
No be catarhh be that oh !! gringrin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by TheEnygma(m): 9:20am On Aug 31, 2021
I worked in three different hotels between a period of 7 years, so I know everything there is to know about hotels..... With the current state of nigeria, running a hotel is not as profitable as it used to be before , so if you're lodging in a hotel that charges you anything less than 10k per night, just have it at the back of your mind that "what you see is what you get".

Most hotel management have to struggle to run their hotels due to the fact that they have to put some of these things into consideration namely;

High Price of fuel/diesel to power their generators.
High price of commodities used in running the hotel like soap, tissue, towels, bedsheets, air freshener etc.
High electricity bills despite the fact that the electricity is barely available.
Government Taxes from both State and federal revenue agencies, also from other people like health ministry, fire service etc.

Therefore at the end of the month, there are barely making any money, hence the sorry state of most of these cheap hotels....

248 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by xinorkmataz(m): 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2021
TheEnygma:
I worked in three different hotels between a period of 7 years, so I know everything there is to know about hotels..... With the current state of nigeria, running a hotel is not as profitable as it used to be before , so if you're lodging in a hotel that charges you anything less than 10k per night, just have it at the back of your mind that "what you see is what you get".

Most hotel management have to struggle to run their hotels due to the fact that they have to put some of these things into consideration namely;

High Price of fuel/diesel to power their generators.
High price of commodities used in running the hotel like soap, tissue, towels, bedsheets, air freshener etc.
High electricity bills despite the fact that the electricity is barely available.
Government Taxes from both State and federal revenue agencies, also from other people like health ministry, fire service etc.

Therefore at the end of the month, there are barely making any money, hence the sorry state of most of these cheap hotels....

Don't generalize that to every Nigeria hotel management, I last year visited a place in Benue called Gboko and I spent 5 nights, my first 2nights I paid #3,500 each for AC room and their gen ran till morning I never had issues nor complain till the third day one of my boxers were missing I left for the oldest hotel in the town and I paid 4k the ac was the old version but sustain till morning, I left the following day and lodged another hotel for my last 2nights and seriously it was very much okay, I couldn't believe it cuz I felt it a local town and they beat my expectation.

In all the nights I repeated only one babe

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by SKhanmi: 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
was it at GRA area?

Yeah
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Dliquidmetal(m): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2021
SKhanmi:

Yeah
grin funny but your description was so apt cause I actually worked in an hotel/guest house with similar set up around GRA/flowers garden few years back. Short time was 5h an hour and if you wanted to sleep till morning it was 1500-2k grin omo I suffer

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by ikllbrokehoes(m): 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2021
I guess most of you here Lodged in cheap and bad hotels, I have never encountered any bad experience lodging in a hotel, if it's not classy and expensive, count me out.

I make money to live a good life

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by MMempire(m): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2021
Had a after wedding party at Eleko beach around the Lekki free trade zone. Checked into one of the hotel very close to the beach with a ridiculous high priced rooms (25k per night), only to enter the room and see the mattress being placed on a grave-like structure. On sighting this, many of us said we'll prefer to sleep on the bare floor instead. I personally went to look for the manager and made our observation know, but he told me the ocean breeze do make their bedding structure to corrode, and thats why they now use the tiles structure. Another annoying things was that most of the bathroom lights were not working, the rooms are also not properly litted, worst of it was that we have to wait till around 12am to put on the room A/C. The place looks like a packaged shrine. Fears was all over the place.
PS: checked into the hotel at around 9:30pm, so no way we could have seen or notice much of the hotel errors before hand.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by SporaD8: 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2021
MMempire:
Had a after wedding party at Eleko beach around the Lekki free trade zone. Checked into one of the hotel very close to the beach with a ridiculous high priced rooms (25k per night), only to enter the room and see the mattress being placed on a grave-like structure. On sighting this, many of us said we'll prefer to sleep on the bare floor instead. I personally went to look for the manager and made our observation know, but he told me the ocean breeze do make their bedding structure to corrode, and thats why they now use the tiles structure. Another annoying things was that most of the bathroom lights were not working, the rooms are also not properly litted, worst of it was that we have to wait till around 12am to put on the room A/C. The place looks like a packaged shrine. Fears was all over the place.
PS: checked into the hotel at around 9:30pm, so no way we could have seen or notice much of the hotel errors before hand.
He was right with that corrosion of a thing. ...but what happened to wooded bed frame?
And that package shrine description, fear those locals ooo!

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by EaglesEyes1(m): 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2021
stunnert:

This your lie don crack my screen guide. But u sabi dream oooo. This one wey ur fantasy na with old woman, no go one day send person grandmom to her ancestors. The gods have warned you.

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by sharpwriter(m): 5:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
SKhanmi:
Arrived ilorin at 10pm, called bike to take me to the nearest lodge since I was new to the city, Arrived & walked inside, No receptionist, no gateman, nobody on site, music was playing, gate was wide opened. Got tired of waiting and went outside, met two guys I passed earlier chilling by the roadside, Asked them for the nearest available guest house. They said it was far but they had a room available in their house which was actually opposite the lodge. Paid and went upstairs only for it to dawn on me that it's all this short time arrangement stuffs. Bed was big, room was neat but I still later found 3 condoms including one stuck inside a hole in the bathroom wall. The guy was even asking me codedly if I wanted anything else. Was too tired to decode then. I sha slept with one eye open. Woke up early only to find out it was one of those old extra large pre-colonial houses, mostly empty & semi abandoned, nobody in sight again? but the gate was locked. Most of the rooms I peeked into were empty. Shuu! This place was convoluted & dark, I can't go wandering all over na, Later found the key where they hanged it, opened the gate & japa! Definitely sure those guys were either squatters/gatemen, whether they planned it with the lodge guys is what I don't know.
Lol... You get mind sha

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by sharpwriter(m): 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2021
palsenator:
I unfortunately went to this hotel around Abule Egba in Lagos and paid #5000 for the night only to find out that the Gen wasn't working around 10 pm when it was supposed to be on. That was not even the problem. In my whole life , I have never seen a place with so much mosquitoes and rat. I am not kidding ooo. Despite using insecticide before entering the room , It was just too much.

Me and the babe went to stay outside till day break and we couldn't do anything. Till today, i still have not stopped apologizing to her..

I made sure I collect back part of the money I paid sha.

Another was the haunted hotel around Iyaro in Benin... Bed was well spread before I enter and I just dropped my bag , went straight to the bathroom but when I came out , the bed was in disarray.
I tried to make sense of it and I arranged it again before going out to get something to eat.... The moment I closed the door to the room , I heard a sound and I quickly opened the door...I saw everything scattered again, my bag was slightly opened.. Me I run ooo... I was given another room but couldn't sleep till day break...

shocked shocked horror film hotel

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by debbydams(f): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2021
Lol..

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.