Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? (95390 Views)

Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Man Discovers "Hidden Camera" In His Hotel Room At A Hotel In VI Lagos / Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Munzy14(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2022
Twoclans:

Ameeeeeeennnnnnn cheesy
Abi ooo grin grin
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 9:49pm On May 10, 2022
candygist:

This is how people get into unnecessary troubles in Nigeria. You allowed someone you don't know sleep with you in your hotel room? That's too risky if you ask me.
You put your life at stake.

No Riskit No Biscuit ( No risk, no reward)
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 9:51pm On May 10, 2022
Geesaintagape:

A woman in her 60s I can't imagine what's attractive there

You didn't see the woman. If you see a woman who's taking good care of herself - you wouldn't know how old she was until she's told you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 9:54pm On May 10, 2022
Munzy14:

Ewwwww angry

Poor management.

You get what you pay for I suppose. Anyone with stories in any high-end hotels ?
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by emmy4real94(m): 9:55pm On May 10, 2022
Which kind food u been d eat inside camp?
TarOrfeeek:
grin grin

I lodge for one Hotel in a SS state.

The room was not bad. N4,500 a night.

I just finished from NYSC camp in Obubra. And I had the most difficult journey to Calabar.

The hotel was in Calabar South.
I was very hungry and needed something to eat. Receptionist, a nice young babe offered to help me get food. Foolish Me, I accepted the offer.

She brought one packed white rice and stew with meat. I ate this food.

The kind of intense diarrhea I had in the night. I woke up several times to the sound of loud banging, I even thought people were fighting. Coupled with the insane mosquitoes that bit me.

In my life, that has to be the worse night ever.
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 9:58pm On May 10, 2022
jamesversion:

Same experience in Owerri. I was almost electrocuted by the shower knob. God's grace was what saw me thru.

Hmm It seems if I am use a Hotel and I get a bell boy, I ll have open the blinds and open and close the shower knobs just to be safe.
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by ledaman: 10:02pm On May 10, 2022
Mine was in Kaduna state Birnin Gwari local government area precisely.i went for Girl child advocacy program as the Master trainer. I lodge in one motel around 11 pm, I woke up to discovered that there were bedbugs at the edges of the bed. I had to call the receptionist to give me insecticide to spray them. It was really disgusting experience.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 10:04pm On May 10, 2022
ImpactBooks:
Sometimes I spend 3 weeks tranversing the length and breadth of this country and I've been lucky not to have any horrible experience lodging. I have read many horrible experiences here and wish to guide as follows so as not to have horrible experience lodging again:

1. Make sure you arrive your destination early enough (Day time). This will give you enough time to shop for a good hotel to stay before night falls.

2. Check available rooms before payment. Don't be in a hurry to pay. Take your time to check available rooms to your satisfaction. If you arrive your destination at night, desperation will not allow you to do this.

3. When checking available rooms, examine the bedsheet, duvet, bathroom/toilet, room wall, electrical fittings, fan or air conditioner (ask them to turn it on for few minutes for you to have a feel), door handle and ceiling (for security reasons). If you're not satisfy with all theses ask to check other available rooms. If still not satisfy, leave for the best available hotel around. Note: If you arrive at night, desperation to pass the night (any how) will not allow you to ensure all these check lists.

4. Once night is gradually setting in ask the receptionist to 'spray' the room for you with insecticide. If the reception doesn't provide you with me, walk out to get for yourself!

5. Take your time to spend some minutes with the receptionist at the reception (Probably while your room is being 'sprayed'). Try to chat with the receptionist in a friendly manner and use the opportunity to ask her/him more about the hotel particularly electricity issue. Try to find out when they may likey turn on and off the Generator (when there is power outage) and many things that you may want to know about the hotel

6. If you are lucky to lodge in a nice hotel, don't forget to have the receptionist's phone contact for future room reservation. When you do this, the fear of you arrival at the city night won't be an issue again. Once you're very nice with the receptionist on your first visit, your room reservation won't be an issue.

For reader's information, I am an Auditor and my job makes me to travel alot..I rarely spend.a week at my primary state or residence as I am always on the road traversing the length and breadth of this country and I can tell you that I have had little or no horrible lodging experience. THE GOLDEN PRINCIPLE IS TO AVOID ARRIVING AT YOUR DESTINATION LATE NIGHT.

By this week Thursday, I will be away for another three weeks official assignments as follows:

Lagos - PHC

PHC - CALABAR

CALABAR - UYO

UYO - ENUGU

ENUGU - ABUJA

ABUJA - KANO

KANO - KADUNA

KADUNA - ABUJA

ABUJA - OWERRI

OWERRI - BENIN

BENIN - LAGOS/IBADAN

I can tell you with the exception of Enugu, I have made my room reservation already courtesy of the Hotel Receptions. As for Enugu, I plan to arrive the city timely enough to enable me 'shop' for a good Hotel to stay.

Cheers!

Need your assistance - Your suggestions on affordable Hotels in Ikeja between N25-40K. Security, Free Breakfast, Clean , Wifi , close to sights and sounds!

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Kpengla(m): 10:05pm On May 10, 2022
damosade:
One guest house for ikeja besides toprano hotel. name starts with Cali....something.

I saw shege

California

It's a weed spot cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:07pm On May 10, 2022
Greystone:

*Modified*

The worst hotel experience I had was in a hotel in Ibadan.
I went to attend an update course.
Decent hotel and everything. As I was spending a week there, I was given a discount from 15k to 12k per night.

I switched on the heater for the shower.

Everything was fine till I got under the shower and touched the shower knob. I received the worst Electric shock of my life. It was so intense that I almost passed out.

I ran out of the bathroom, wore my clothes and stormed to the receptionist.

As it turned out, they had done some electrical repairs that morning and the electrician hadn’t done the earth wiring correctly. See begging. They changed my room immediately, refunded my bill for that day, and did a further discount for my remaining days.

Had same experience with yours,I almost died. Pulled myself with force and landed on the door, thank Goodness I hard rubber slides on cause the floor was wet.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Oyerinde16(m): 10:08pm On May 10, 2022
alpontif:
Afims Hotel in Okene is the best hotel I have ever lodged in so far in terms of Value for money, I have been trying to get their type of mattress unsuccessfully, they also have sockets just at the head of the beds, which is perfect for charging your phone and browsing. The best Hotel so far.

Thanks for the confirmation, the hotel is sweet n cheap for that amount... If I can't find that bed, I will contact the hotel on how to get it... That bed bounce n very soft...

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 10:10pm On May 10, 2022
Paramount01:

This looks fake to belive
Fake or not write your own o.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by LUAN(m): 10:12pm On May 10, 2022
gbengaoyeladun:
I remember one hotel like that is not far from university of Ibadan....when I went to did my clearance then
As I enter the hotel the receptionist told me it's 12k per night ...I was like no problem...as I was going into room the receptionist called me that the money covered her service too....I was like which service.…..she then follow me into the room and told me she will come and serve me later
After like two hours I just heard a bang at the door..and she was the one.. before I said hello she grap my dick that's when I know what she met by her service....I bang her and after 3 rounds she went back to her reception.
your own sound fake oga grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Munzy14(m): 10:12pm On May 10, 2022
rickleye:

You get what you pay for I suppose. Anyone with stories in any high-end hotels ?
Stories dey...just wait for it..

Some don't feel like sharing.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Bahamas95(m): 10:15pm On May 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
Nairaland girls una nor dey go hotel go lodge? Tell us your experience na, why only the guy men. Let's read your experiences too sisters
Lol, you go wait tire. I expect them to be missing in action in this kinda thread.... Nigerian girls can pretend for Africa. The funny thing is that when you go to these hotels you see more women there.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by asobo1: 10:15pm On May 10, 2022
cejaypriesty:

Do you remember the name of this hotel I'm going on a trip to Jos in few weeks .
What part of Jos are you visiting? North or South?

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Oxtertee(m): 10:17pm On May 10, 2022
brutal1:
My brother came visiting with his friend unannounced sometimes ago and me being a principled brother decided to take him and his friend(plus his gf) to a hotel for the night. It was a friday. The hotel inside the estate I live must have been fully booked since thursday so I took them to one popular hotel infront of UI. Unfortunately, it was fully booked. We met another man that made his booking online complaining so they wanted to refund him. It was drizzling outsidè as we were about leaving, the man they refunded was already clinching as to know our next destination, he stopped a bike to follow us but I told him to join us, we found ourselves in one HosTEL around Bodija before you get to the Bodija market, you turn right, they sell bicycle at the junction. On getting to the reception omor see calendar of awolowo, azikwe, one popular female politician and many more hanging on the wall, faulty washing machine like 3 right there, one elderly man picked up a key and we went upstairs, as we climbed the stair and got up...you need to see how long the corridor is on the two sides...my brother first said is there a bike running transportation up there because it was so long..we started the journey...there were plates of leftovers amala and ewedu at almost every door..by the time we got to the 4th to the last room on the left everybody don tire...the man opened the door and the room was quiet big but we got a shocker when he turned on the Boeing 767 AC, the way the AC took off honestly you will run...the AC was shaking on the wall as if it was going to jump out of the wall my brother said they should should land it(turn it off) after switching it off on the wall 2mins it was still threatening us with departure sound, the ceiling fan was turned on and that one was worse, the place it was hanged was weak and if you dare risk it, it will fall and slice you to pieces, we started seeing birds flying around, the shadows were big and once they land on any part of your body nobody needs to tell you, you will feel it..giant mosquitoes singing sonorously...my brother said he cant stay there but I told him it is for the night , he sat on the bed...the bed frame was so weak ...he and his friend paid 5k for two rooms(he stayed alone in one, his friend and g in the other( and the man we picked up paid too...I left them. I was called as early as 5...on getting there the man we picked up had checked out...they were giving tiny soap that they have cut into three pieces, closeup sachet....we left for the hotel infront of UI immediately and met that man we picked up...he narrated his experience and we all laughed.
Very funny encounter, I know the two hotel u r talking about. The one close to U I is Ayotoz hotel adjacent agbowo shopping complex, the other one is close to joke plaza, but can't remember the name. The hotel was renovated not quite long.

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by lomprico(m): 10:19pm On May 10, 2022
xinorkmataz:

In all the nights I repeated only one babe

Who ask you?
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by aysnoopy(m): 10:23pm On May 10, 2022
brutal1:
My brother came visiting with his friend unannounced sometimes ago and me being a principled brother decided to take him and his friend(plus his gf) to a hotel for the night. It was a friday. The hotel inside the estate I live must have been fully booked since thursday so I took them to one popular hotel infront of UI. Unfortunately, it was fully booked. We met another man that made his booking online complaining so they wanted to refund him. It was drizzling outsidè as we were about leaving, the man they refunded was already clinching as to know our next destination, he stopped a bike to follow us but I told him to join us, we found ourselves in one HosTEL around Bodija before you get to the Bodija market, you turn right, they sell bicycle at the junction. On getting to the reception omor see calendar of awolowo, azikwe, one popular female politician and many more hanging on the wall, faulty washing machine like 3 right there, one elderly man picked up a key and we went upstairs, as we climbed the stair and got up...you need to see how long the corridor is on the two sides...my brother first said is there a bike running transportation up there because it was so long..we started the journey...there were plates of leftovers amala and ewedu at almost every door..by the time we got to the 4th to the last room on the left everybody don tire...the man opened the door and the room was quiet big but we got a shocker when he turned on the Boeing 767 AC, the way the AC took off honestly you will run...the AC was shaking on the wall as if it was going to jump out of the wall my brother said they should should land it(turn it off) after switching it off on the wall 2mins it was still threatening us with departure sound, the ceiling fan was turned on and that one was worse, the place it was hanged was weak and if you dare risk it, it will fall and slice you to pieces, we started seeing birds flying around, the shadows were big and once they land on any part of your body nobody needs to tell you, you will feel it..giant mosquitoes singing sonorously...my brother said he cant stay there but I told him it is for the night , he sat on the bed...the bed frame was so weak ...he and his friend paid 5k for two rooms(he stayed alone in one, his friend and g in the other( and the man we picked up paid too...I left them. I was called as early as 5...on getting there the man we picked up had checked out...they were giving tiny soap that they have cut into three pieces, closeup sachet....we left for the hotel infront of UI immediately and met that man we picked up...he narrated his experience and we all laughed.

Please, what's the name of the hotel in front of UI that u mentioned and how was there service?
I'm planning to go to UI next week and I'll need to lodge.
How is there price?
I'll appreciate if you respond to my questions.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by VicM6: 10:23pm On May 10, 2022
nony43:
So years ago, when i was in school, i visited my ex in her city for the first time she was a student too. Before i travel to see her, I asked her if there is any hotel were we can lodge. I need a hotel far from where you live, she said yes that good hotels are far from the school.

Na so i land for her area that Friday night around 10pm we went straight to one of the hotels their rooms were booked in fact all the big hotels were fully booked na so we settled for 2500 fan or 3k Ac kind of hotel just for that night, we settled with the one with Jesus breeze cos a customer was complaining of their AC.

Brethren, that night after every, we were gisting, around pass 12am na so rat begin scratch my toes, I say wetin be this just immediately my ex stood up and screamed her toes. Na so i on light see as three big rats run enter wardrobe disappear.

Around pass 1am we heard a heavy banging on our door it continued my ex carry duvet run enter bathroom, I went to the door, held the handle and was shaking the door like i want to open it. Whilst at it I shouted "who goes" wida you na" no be me de there oo. Na so the noise stop we didn't close our eyes all through the night cos we didn't know what next to expect. grin grin
On a zero hour, every shaking tree is a target and every target is a suspect
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by 3seriez(m): 10:27pm On May 10, 2022
afamaustin:
Any hotel that is not up to 15k per night is not good.l hv my reasons
Agreed. 15k & above for some level of comfort, security and peace of mind. Unfortunately, not everyone's pocket is buoyant.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 10:34pm On May 10, 2022
DJInfluence:
This is a nice thread. You guys should use trip advisor or any other good apps or website to rate/review hotels/guest houses in Nigeria for others to know and be prepared for what to expect.

Really nice thread.

Real true. I am finding it hard selecting an affordable yet decent hotel.
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 10:36pm On May 10, 2022
LUAN:
your own sound fake oga grin

Bros - Write your own now !
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Germi9: 10:38pm On May 10, 2022
komodapson:

"So I lodged in an hotel in Benin city. I controlled one Hausa girl, who is an indigene/native of Maiduguri"

Baba...u no fit call girl from Maiduguri come Benin, na 5 days trip be that, for road.
Yes i met her in a car she was going to Owerri i was going to PH but she is a native of Maiduguri

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
Nairaland girls una nor dey go hotel go lodge? Tell us your experience na, why only the guy men. Let's read your experiences too sisters

You want hear how them they vandalize their kponyor for hotel?

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by SoapQueen(f): 10:40pm On May 10, 2022
DPlanB1:
My ordeal was a terrible one..this happened at lekki ajah road when I Newly returned back to the country with my friend..paid 12k a night for two days , when we came to our rooms after we went out to cool off..my friend noticed his bad was opened and about 5k was taken Omo I sharply rushed to check mine cos about 150k dey my bag plus some dollars as if that wasn't enough around 11pm na so we see the receptionist with some SARS men which I later learnt she was dating one of dem..I couldn't sleep I swear , middle of night someone tried opening my door by turning the handle
Na so I hold my bottle of red wine for hand till 4am

Loooooool

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Passionate888: 10:43pm On May 10, 2022
Munzy14:

You onye mgbuh..She say extra pillow you no code.. grin

Owerri alone, has Imsu, alvan, futo and poly nekede...Women plenty sha..

But, a focused man must abstain and remain focus..Get a gf or infact a wife..Temptation plenty sha..

Those girls no be people girlfriend's?

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Goalnaldo(m): 10:45pm On May 10, 2022
stunnert:
I remember that year the company I was working with lodged me in one of those fancy hotels in Ikeja. On my last night there I had a bottle of big stout and nkowbi at the bar which had a good view of the reception, where I saw one lady with super super extra big mighty ass checked in one the rooms which happened to be opposite mine. I finished my drink and left for my room, I was just about to sleep around 10pm when I heard a knock on my door, I got up and checked thru the peephole and it was the big ass lady I saw, I opened the door and was about to ask wtf she wants at that time when she quickly apologized and introduced herself, I notices she was probably in her 60's, she the told me her AC wasn't working and the hotel technician wasn't around to fit it and all other rooms have been booked and if she could spend the night in my room, saying she wouldn't mind crashing on the floor.
I was about to say No when I saw that ass again, I then allowed her in and told her she could sleep on the bed and I would sleep on the floor but she didn't agree and we both agree to both sleep on the bed, immediately we got in bed she asked me if I could cuddle her from behind, I actually tried to do just that but dick too stubborn and when she realized I was having a hard on she grabbed and one thing led to that other and we ended fvcking for four good rounds.

We both left the next day, we still keep in touch tho and still manage to fix match once in a while where we fvck our brains out
Lori Iro
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Sunny2034: 10:48pm On May 10, 2022
afamaustin:
Any hotel that is not up to 15k per night is not good.l hv my reasons

30k!!
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Cazzim(m): 10:49pm On May 10, 2022
[quote author=xinorkmataz post=105350262]
Don't generalize that to every Nigeria hotel management, I last year visited a place in Benue called Gboko and I spent 5 nights, my first 2nights I paid #3,500 each for AC room and their gen ran till morning I never had issues nor complain till the third day one of my boxers were missing I left for the oldest hotel in the town and I paid 4k the ac was the old version but sustain till morning, I left the following day and lodged another hotel for my last 2nights and seriously it was very much okay, I couldn't believe it cuz I felt it a local town and they beat my expectation.

In all the nights I repeated only one babe[/quote

please which hotel is that the names, am going there next week for business trip
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by vwede4trips(m): 11:03pm On May 10, 2022
Which of the Agofure parks because Agofure has many parks in Warri?
arthurwillia:
E get one useless hotel wey Dey near Agofure park for Warri
Jesu
I should have just slept in the park that day, if you see mosquitoes wey bite me that night, I manage to sleep oo, na so I Dey dream say mosquito Dey bite me and in real it was actually biting me and I could feel the pain! Na im I wake up
Can’t forget such
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by CaptainAyub: 11:20pm On May 10, 2022
jclassiq:
The only ever bad experience i had in a hotel was one night i took an ex to go chill in one mayor hotel at abakaliki after i just returned from lagos.

We get in, sit down, chat for a while, then negotiate and pay for one cheap room there and go inside.

So this babe goes to pee in the bathroom and she screams and runs out immediately.

"Babe wetin happen?" I go to checkout the problem and i see a big ass smelly sh!t all over the goddamn toilet!!!! It was crazy.

Had to call the damn receptionist to fix it immediately and he returns with a bucket of water to flush the rubbish.

It was just nasty and our mood for the night was wrecked until later in the midnight after we forgot all about it.
Mayor Hotel na d cheapest of the cheap in Ai grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.