Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? (95455 Views)

Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Man Discovers "Hidden Camera" In His Hotel Room At A Hotel In VI Lagos / Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Sammyimpostor: 8:40am On May 15, 2022
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by nony43(m): 5:25pm On May 15, 2022
Oyerinde16:
All d hotel I have lodged were good n top notch... House 5 in Ibadan, 8k per night, was top notch... Afims hotel in okene, 11,800 very sweet, I will even buy their type of bed, full 2 AC, two TVs, room n parlor... Soft drinks inside the fridge sef... Hotel presidential port Harcourt 18,200 top notch... Sahara hotel in kaduna, 4,500 good but the guy next door wan kill one babe/woman for night... The kpa kpa kpa n moarning no let me sleep na so my Jonny stand say oga u no go sleep today...

Bro you be wazobia lol.
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by nony43(m): 5:28pm On May 15, 2022
PotatoSalad:
Choice hotel Awka. Had to use the hotel cos it was late that night and they were the only one with the cheapest rates. Big hotel from outside, relic inside.
First time I was at this hotel was in 2003 or so. It was one of the best in Awka at that time.
Sad to see it in dilapidated state, that was 2018. My night there was terrible. After showering that night, the room got flooded. angry
But the AC was chilling. Everything in the hotel needed complete upgrade.
I think it's permanently closed now.
L
Poor maintenance culture cry

Yeah that hotel is gone, other new hotels springing up took over.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by nony43(m): 5:33pm On May 15, 2022
adanny01:
My car had a small gear shift issue that made me uncomfortable. I managed it like that for 6months but just after last Christmas, I decided to take it to my cousin's wife's bro in-law who is a gearbox mechanic in a nearby town.

The car gear totally shutdown after he messed with it. It was 7pm when he finished what he was doing and we tested but no gear. I couldn't get public transport that night so I ask him to find me a cheap hotel. Day 2, he couldn't fix it again. Day 3, same. Day 4, I left the car and went home without the car. 3rd January, I came to pick the car, same story. 4th, same, but that where the real bad news happened. I arrived the hotel 7.20pm, asked the receptionist to fix the room. At the bar, watching a match then I heard from behind me, "every body lie down" "Ajax men".

I knew my phone don go, I layed down jeje, threw the phone under the cushion. They took everyone's phone, one of them came shifted the cushion and picked mine. Everything lasted like 2mins. It's my office phone and worth 160k. I had to replace it. On top of that I had to buy another gearbox apart from spending 3k times 7 and over 70k down the drain in trial and error buying this or that. Kai, like say them swear for me.

Chaii.which car be that? Make I avoid am.
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by E2000: 10:04am On May 16, 2022
Anndrew:
I repeat,u are a bloody bastard
Whatever you are a little person with little home training. State your view and if its better you get a like . Not everyone is naughty like your mother's private part.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Anndrew(m): 12:03pm On May 16, 2022
E2000:
Whatever you are a little person with little home training. State your view and if its better you get a like . Not everyone is naughty like your mother's private part.
I repeat,u are a bloody bastard

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by adanny01(m): 12:14pm On May 16, 2022
nony43:

Chaii.which car be that? Make I avoid am.

No be the car. Na bad mechanic. I used the 2003 Honda Accord for 8yrs now no major issues. Infact that's the highest I have ever spent on repairs and it was a bad decision and judgement on my end.

The mechanic and I are not on speaking terms now after I got a real authentic gear mechanic that gave me a surprisingly good option.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Bonjovi13: 7:19pm On May 16, 2022
Olumighty123:
I went to ede on a friday for a wedding which was to hold the next day, we were two, we sha got there late, all the good hotels nearby the wedding location had been booked, we sha later find one old building with no name (Hotel), we walked in and it was a guy at the receiption, we booked and head to our room, we were like two occupants in that hotel for that night, fast forward to late night, me and my guy we were gisting and suddenly we heard a loud noise from down stairs, some old men driving into the hotel with some odd old cars and their agbada were like that of a Ritualist, omo, na so we go downstairs to see what they were there for, I held my phone to my ear forming like I was on a call, I purposely described the place on phone and the room number and described the look of the guy at the reception with the fear of the unknown, I made sure those men and the reception guy were hearing me loud and clear (I wasn't even on any call) we head back to our room and pushed the bed frame to the back of the door, we slept with one eye open, early momo, we don mooove..

You are lucky you followed your instincts. Ede is a ritual den. Those guys were there to harvest your body parts trust me.

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by nony43(m): 7:15pm On May 17, 2022
Boc007:
Omo my own experience bad o. I took my babe to one hotel in Baruwa (Something like Nues guest hotel). Everything was going well until midnight.

We were asleep then I noticed footsteps in the room. Omo! one eye opened as I saw a lady who came out of the bathroom but I could not raise my head nor move my body.

I was struggling until she walked through the wall of the door before I became free to move o. My heart was beating as I couldn’t sleep till I got home. Na between 4 and 5am I done wear clothes tell my babe say I Dey go.

The other one in 2017 with the same babe in another hotel. This hotel had a club house with loud party music and so much people in there dancing, men! We were sleeping around 1am or there about. Someone was trying to open the door and was hitting it so hard. Omo see my heart. I said “no no no” . I woke my babe and told her to dress up.
The person kept banging the door. I had given up it was a thief. I felt he wanted to rob us due to the noise from the club. I was holding my newly bought Apple iPad with some cash.

I opened the window and noticed it burglary had been tampered with long ago, I was able to pass through the hole and was this close to jumping down from the one story building. I told my babe to wait while I call the bouncers at the gate. I was putting on boxers and on barefoot.

I told my babe to open the door before I jump. When she did, lo and behold, na olosho they hit door since. Chai. I fear like chicken that night. Me weh think say I get mind.

You say person from wall comot? Na spirit be that?
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by nony43(m): 7:39pm On May 17, 2022
cenaman:
All the guests house in Aba are den of mosquitoes and rat, especially those around milverton avenue.

How take lodge there? Only the sight of Agberos no go gree me.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by nony43(m): 7:42pm On May 17, 2022
cenaman:
you are very correct, the hotel i am staying now is 2k, some where in New Nyanya, but you won't believe is 2k because everything is well arrange and sanitize.

The picture below is the bed.

What's the name of the hotel bro?
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by nony43(m): 7:48pm On May 17, 2022
MyExpression:

I tot these stories were usually made up until me and my guy lodged in one hotel in Afro, okoko area, lagos.

After our two babes chill finish and went back home that evening.

At midnight, while I dey busy dey snore, I begin feel shakings for bed...I open eyes, see my guy banging one olosho.
The sleep comot for my eyes immediately, but I still form asleep.
After they finished that round, and she was in the bathroom, I check table to blaw my kpo, I cum notice say d gurl don already blow one. My guy no dey smoke.

Na him I light the other one ooo, cum reason my guy say how far dat parole na, him tell me say him no know d gurl ooo, she jus knock for door...and as guy man na, him no wan carry last.

As the gurl cum back, we begin share kpoli, ontop mumu reasoning...omo, na so me sef collect my own one hand ooo, later my paddy take over...na so I take get my first 3some experience ooo.
We later give the gurl 2k for morning sha.

Omoooo, strangers dey really knock for door for night for lagos hotels ooo.

I like your reasoning already lol.
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by nony43(m): 7:50pm On May 17, 2022
cenaman:
I do lodge at Ever Green or Lakota at times.

The overated hotel i hate in Aba is Luxury city.

Very overated try the one in brass or the new one in Okigwe road .
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Boc007(m): 8:24pm On May 17, 2022
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by cyrusmillz: 12:13am On May 22, 2022
LUAN:
your own sound fake oga grin

So foolishly fake. Talking about " when I went to did my clearance " grin

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by cenaman(m): 4:42am On May 22, 2022
nony43:

What's the name of the hotel bro?
NV LODGE

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by LongEraser: 7:54am On May 26, 2022
They can be transported over
long distances, cross frontiers and create
regional and global environmental problems.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by PurestBoy(m): 2:18pm On May 27, 2022
Gkay1:
My first time of visiting my fiance then in ibadan, I Lodged at a hotel, hoping to enjoy myself at night without knowing that the hotel management will make me to do extra job at night. I enjoyed myself till around 11pm when their gen went off, Jesus, I can't forget that day, I killed mosquitoes throughout the night.

Where in Ibadan? � grin

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Gkay1(m): 6:55pm On May 27, 2022
PurestBoy:

Where in Ibadan? � grin

Around olorunsogo axis

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by PurestBoy(m): 8:32pm On May 27, 2022
Gkay1:

Around olorunsogo axis

Haba! Olorunsogo na local side na, na you do yourself

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Gkay1(m): 10:13am On May 28, 2022
PurestBoy:

Haba! Olorunsogo na local side na, na you do yourself

How, I don't need to Lodge in a far place because I m new to the area

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by tianshie(m): 3:37am On May 30, 2022
palsenator:
I unfortunately went to this hotel around Abule Egba in Lagos and paid #5000 for the night only to find out that the Gen wasn't working around 10 pm when it was supposed to be on. That was not even the problem. In my whole life , I have never seen a place with so much mosquitoes and rat. I am not kidding ooo. Despite using insecticide before entering the room , It was just too much.

Me and the babe went to stay outside till day break and we couldn't do anything. Till today, i still have not stopped apologizing to her..

I made sure I collect back part of the money I paid sha.

Another was the haunted hotel around Iyaro in Benin... Bed was well spread before I enter and I just dropped my bag , went straight to the bathroom but when I came out , the bed was in disarray.
I tried to make sense of it and I arranged it again before going out to get something to eat.... The moment I closed the door to the room , I heard a sound and I quickly opened the door...I saw everything scattered again, my bag was slightly opened.. Me I run ooo... I was given another room but couldn't sleep till day break...

This your post make me laugh wella. Ghost wey dey haunt hotel. Hahahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by KingAzubuike(f): 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2022
cenaman:
you are very correct, the hotel i am staying now is 2k, some where in New Nyanya, but you won't believe is 2k because everything is well arrange and sanitize.

The picture below is the bed.
Don't worry when night don reach and you and mosquitoes begin play champions league inside heat you go know why dem collect 2k from you.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Letlovelead213: 1:23am On Dec 27, 2022
adanny01:
My car had a small gear shift issue that made me uncomfortable. I managed it like that for 6months but just after last Christmas, I decided to take it to my cousin's wife's bro in-law who is a gearbox mechanic in a nearby town.

The car gear totally shutdown after he messed with it. It was 7pm when he finished what he was doing and we tested but no gear. I couldn't get public transport that night so I ask him to find me a cheap hotel. Day 2, he couldn't fix it again. Day 3, same. Day 4, I left the car and went home without the car. 3rd January, I came to pick the car, same story. 4th, same, but that where the real bad news happened. I arrived the hotel 7.20pm, asked the receptionist to fix the room. At the bar, watching a match then I heard from behind me, "every body lie down" "Ajax men".

I knew my phone don go, I layed down jeje, threw the phone under the cushion. They took everyone's phone, one of them came shifted the cushion and picked mine. Everything lasted like 2mins. It's my office phone and worth 160k. I had to replace it. On top of that I had to buy another gearbox apart from spending 3k times 7 and over 70k down the drain in trial and error buying this or that. Kai, like say them swear for me.

What state

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by cenaman(m): 9:11am On Dec 27, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Don't worry when night don reach and you and mosquitoes begin play champions league inside heat you go know why dem collect 2k from you.
grin I lodge in the hotel for 4months.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by nony43(m): 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
cenaman:
grin I lodge in the hotel for 4months.

What is the name of the hotel?
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by cenaman(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2023
nony43:

What is the name of the hotel?
N.V Lodge.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Ndipe(m): 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2023
Haven't had any strange experience at a hotel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.