Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? (95429 Views)

Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Man Discovers "Hidden Camera" In His Hotel Room At A Hotel In VI Lagos / Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Anndrew(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2022
E2000:
Mumu people get sense abeg. All this type of news will only justify the already inflated fare of most hotels. If you can't lodge in a 4 to 7k hotel then go to 100k-400k per night hotel.
u are a bloody son of a bastard...idiot...

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by FaithBrain1994(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2022
If i must lodge in any hotel, i must go with my bedsheets and insecticide.. Once beaten, twice shy.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by bomsybomsy(m): 12:33pm On May 11, 2022
Very funny
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Ishilove: 12:39pm On May 11, 2022
ShaqFu:
Says who? My dear what some of these old people do when it comes to nacking ehn, good lord. shocked
I am shocked embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by jacoik(m): 12:44pm On May 11, 2022
Lolxxxxx hahahaha village people really followed you to the hotel
palsenator:
I unfortunately went to this hotel around Abule Egba in Lagos and paid #5000 for the night only to find out that the Gen wasn't working around 10 pm when it was supposed to be on. That was not even the problem. In my whole life , I have never seen a place with so much mosquitoes and rat. I am not kidding ooo. Despite using insecticide before entering the room , It was just too much.

Me and the babe went to stay outside till day break and we couldn't do anything. Till today, i still have not stopped apologizing to her..

I made sure I collect back part of the money I paid sha.

Another was the haunted hotel around Iyaro in Benin... Bed was well spread before I enter and I just dropped my bag , went straight to the bathroom but when I came out , the bed was in disarray.
I tried to make sense of it and I arranged it again before going out to get something to eat.... The moment I closed the door to the room , I heard a sound and I quickly opened the door...I saw everything scattered again, my bag was slightly opened.. Me I run ooo... I was given another room but couldn't sleep till day break...

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Patnelly: 12:59pm On May 11, 2022
Another was the haunted hotel around Iyaro in Benin... Bed was well spread before I enter and I just dropped my bag , went straight to the bathroom but when I came out , the bed was in disarray.
I tried to make sense of it and I arranged it again before going out to get something to eat.... The moment I closed the door to the room , I heard a sound and I quickly opened the door...I saw everything scattered again, my bag was slightly opened.. Me I run ooo... I was given another room but couldn't sleep till day break...

Are you for real!? It happens to you live?

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Totiemide: 1:28pm On May 11, 2022
This experience got me cracked up like say I take loud. grin
palsenator:
I unfortunately went to this hotel around Abule Egba in Lagos and paid #5000 for the night only to find out that the Gen wasn't working around 10 pm when it was supposed to be on. That was not even the problem. In my whole life , I have never seen a place with so much mosquitoes and rat. I am not kidding ooo. Despite using insecticide before entering the room , It was just too much.

Me and the babe went to stay outside till day break and we couldn't do anything. Till today, i still have not stopped apologizing to her..

I made sure I collect back part of the money I paid sha.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Totiemide: 1:31pm On May 11, 2022
Babara1994:
I lodged in an hotel for a night. The bedsheet was smelling like pussy. Very irritating thing

Oga you too much o!

You don kpansh tire to know how pussy dey smell. I hail thee

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by milkymesh: 1:33pm On May 11, 2022
You don't even know how to lie sef grin grin

gbengaoyeladun:
I remember one hotel like that is not far from university of Ibadan....when I went to did my clearance then
As I enter the hotel the receptionist told me it's 12k per night ...I was like no problem...as I was going into room the receptionist called me that the money covered her service too....I was like which service.…..she then follow me into the room and told me she will come and serve me later
After like two hours I just heard a bang at the door..and she was the one.. before I said hello she grap my dick that's when I know what she met by her service....I bang her and after 3 rounds she went back to her reception.
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by jclassiq(m): 1:59pm On May 11, 2022
seunak2016:
negotiate with ex before you had sex? mostly I have habit giving my girlfriend money after sex, so if we part ways and reconcile again, there is no need to negotiate before we bang because you already know transport money can't be 1k or 2k, it's just way of doing things myself

Negotiate with the receptionist for the rooms.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by stunnert(m): 2:21pm On May 11, 2022
MyExpression:

I tot these stories were usually made up until me and my guy lodged in one hotel in Afro, okoko area, lagos.

After our two babes chill finish and went back home that evening.

At midnight, while I dey busy dey snore, I begin feel shakings for bed...I open eyes, see my guy banging one olosho.
The sleep comot for my eyes immediately, but I still form asleep.
After they finished that round, and she was in the bathroom, I check table to blaw my kpo, I cum notice say d gurl don already blow one. My guy no dey smoke.

Na him I light the other one ooo, cum reason my guy say how far dat parole na, him tell me say him no know d gurl ooo, she jus knock for door...and as guy man na, him no wan carry last.

As the gurl cum back, we begin share kpoli, ontop mumu reasoning...omo, na so me sef collect my own one hand ooo, later my paddy take over...na so I take get my first 3some experience ooo.
We later give the gurl 2k for morning sha.

Omoooo, strangers dey really knock for door for night for lagos hotels ooo.

Who no go no go know

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 2:26pm On May 11, 2022
candygist:

What if na set up? No be everything be big yansh. Many strong men have fallen bcus of big ass. Try dey reason sometimes.

Fortune favours the brave. The stories we have heard are those that took the risk and live to tell the tale . I am sure there are others who didn’t.

5 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 2:27pm On May 11, 2022
jclassiq:

Negotiate with the receptionist for the rooms.

So you’re saying posted rates are not final rates even for hotels ?

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Yeesh(f): 3:17pm On May 11, 2022
Mine was with hubby somewhere in Abeokuta. The painful part was that we decided to change hotel for stupid adventure reasons. We left a 5 star hotel after spending 3 days for what ended up being a Zero star to me kiss

Unfortunately we paid for 2 days even before checking it out . First the corridors were so dark. Then we went up to our room to meet something else. The window blind was so transparent and was barely covering the window.
Bathroom was quite small and rusty. AC wasn’t working but fan was. The light bulbs were quite dim. They didn’t turn on their generator till 8pm and by 7am next morning, generator was off.
Water finished too. We had to go down to the reception to inform them because their intercom was just for decoration purpose.

The worst part was after turning off the generator 7 am next morning, the whole staff gathered for morning devotion. Singing and clapping!
We eventually left before the check out time was due.

The hotel used to be one of the best hotel around that area. The structure of the hotel was eye catching and surrounding was quite serene but the interior and management is something else .
Poor maintenance services i later heard.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Midoda: 4:03pm On May 11, 2022
adanny01:
My car had a small gear shift issue that made me uncomfortable. I managed it like that for 6months but just after last Christmas, I decided to take it to my cousin's wife's bro in-law who is a gearbox mechanic in a nearby town.

The car gear totally shutdown after he messed with it. It was 7pm when he finished what he was doing and we tested but no gear. I couldn't get public transport that night so I ask him to find me a cheap hotel. Day 2, he couldn't fix it again. Day 3, same. Day 4, I left the car and went home without the car. 3rd January, I came to pick the car, same story. 4th, same, but that where the real bad news happened. I arrived the hotel 7.20pm, asked the receptionist to fix the room. At the bar, watching a match then I heard from behind me, "every body lie down" "Ajax men".

I knew my phone don go, I layed down jeje, threw the phone under the cushion. They took everyone's phone, one of them came shifted the cushion and picked mine. Everything lasted like 2mins. It's my office phone and worth 160k. I had to replace it. On top of that I had to buy another gearbox apart from spending 3k times 7 and over 70k down the drain in trial and error buying this or that. Kai, like say them swear for me.
Never fix a geAR, sell the old and buy a replacement. ALWAYS BETTER

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Banbanna(m): 4:47pm On May 11, 2022
candygist:

This is how people get into unnecessary troubles in Nigeria. You allowed someone you don't know sleep with you in your hotel room? That's too risky if you ask me.
You put your life at stake.

Although this story looks fictional. Some guys if not most would gladly welcome a situation like that becoz she's a sexy woman. This reminds me of a scene in the sci -fi horror movie, Species, where the lady who turns into a monster, came onto and seduced one of the detectives that are after her, in his hotel room, killed him and escaped.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by komodapson(m): 4:56pm On May 11, 2022
Germi9:

Yes i met her in a car she was going to Owerri i was going to PH but she is a native of Maiduguri

Oh...I seeeeeee... Nice one baba

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Banbanna(m): 5:41pm On May 11, 2022
Greystone:

*Modified*

The worst hotel experience I had was in a hotel in Ibadan.
I went to attend an update course.
Decent hotel and everything. As I was spending a week there, I was given a discount from 15k to 12k per night.

I switched on the heater for the shower.

Everything was fine till I got under the shower and touched the shower knob. I received the worst Electric shock of my life. It was so intense that I almost passed out.

I ran out of the bathroom, wore my clothes and stormed to the receptionist.

As it turned out, they had done some electrical repairs that morning and the electrician hadn’t done the earth wiring correctly. See begging. They changed my room immediately, refunded my bill for that day, and did a further discount for my remaining days.

Funny you, menh! cheesy. Inspite of it all, I still like that hotel for you. The way they handled the situation shows how really customer caring they are.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Banbanna(m): 7:27pm On May 11, 2022
This must be one of the few only threads I followed to the very end, interesting indeed. One of my experience lately was one average hotel in the Tudu area of Accra, not too far 4rm the Student Hostel. I paid 65 cedis, around ₦5000 for the night. There was nothing like mosquito or rodent disturbances, the room conveniences were okay. The only problem was just the bathing water. It was if they mixed a high concentration of Alum with their water. My sponge hardly foamed and I had to use satchet water to brush my teeth. That hotel's water was very odd.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by jclassiq(m): 9:09pm On May 11, 2022
rickleye:

Sometimes. It's a cheap hotel. Technically it was a kind of discount.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 9:22pm On May 11, 2022
jclassiq:

Sometimes. It's a cheap hotel. Technically it was a kind of discount.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by rickleye: 9:31pm On May 11, 2022
FaithBrain1994:
If i must lodge in any hotel, i must go with my bedsheets and insecticide.. Once beaten, twice shy.

Agreed !. I always travel with bedsheet and covering cloth with extra pillow case. I never sleep in the sheets nor use duvet.
Plus I bring my old towel.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by adanny01(m): 9:50pm On May 11, 2022
Midoda:

Never fix a geAR, sell the old and buy a replacement. ALWAYS BETTER

That's what I ended up doing. Sold it for 40k and bought toks 100k.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by arthurwillia(m): 11:49pm On May 11, 2022
ashawopikin:
e be like say I know that hotel, thier mosquito dey bite for the same place twice
Jesus I wan die that Night and light Dey fan dey, still I wan die abd just 2500 I pay lol
I suffer

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by arthurwillia(m): 11:50pm On May 11, 2022
vwede4trips:
Which of the Agofure parks because Agofure has many parks in Warri?
the one closer to bayelsa. I was going to bayelsa but had a stop over.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by MyExpression(m): 12:57am On May 12, 2022
rickleye:

You didn't know?

That means you're not a frequent hotel guest.

It's usually negotiable..short time, late arrival, long stay....but some hotels with high patronage do not negotiate..except for long stay...and na supervisor/manager go approve am

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by lagosrd: 6:42am On May 12, 2022
Hello everyone, I promised to be back to share my experience in one of my numerous adventures in Nigerian hotels but before that ,let me quickly state some of the challenges with Nigerian businesses especially hotel business cos that's what we are discussing.

1. Most hotels are been built out of utopia thinking and completely lack of due diligence and real idea of what a hotel should look like and what it takes to run an hotel that will live for ages.

2. Most owners are just mere money bags that put down the structures and expect not to do much maintenance for a long period of time.

3. Family involvement in the hotel running and friends frequent free lodging and visit have killed most hotels, as you can't imagine a man having a permanent room in another man's business environment without paying a dime.

4. Lack of proper maintenance on both the interior and the exterior has killed most hotel business. Non challancy etc

5. Lack of proper human management has also killed most hotels . Not also leaving behind lack of material management has wasted their materials in the course of running the hotels. Missing hotels stuffs from toiletries to kitchen stuffs and electronics.

6. Poor renumeration of the staffs and lack of standards and work ethics has proven to be a sinker to the business. Where there is no discipline from the gatemen to the porter to the receptionist the hotel will die a natural death.

7. Employment of people without prerequisites knowledge of hospitality and customer service has proven to the an issue that kills most hotels.

8. Educated and people with common sense and absolute courtesy should be found around the hotel at all times. .

Maybe the rest some other times.......

The experience I want to share here is the one I want you guys to learn from. I lodge into the hotel in oke ado axis of Ibadan (a long ososami) at a very late hour of the day cos I was held down by these terrible hold up coming from the north enroute ogbomosho to Oyo by those trailers, so I got there around 9pm .

I was told by the receptionist that she wouldn't accept cash transfer from me cos the hotel pos wasn't working, do you know I begged this lady to just allow me pass the night at least my car is here I can drop my vital document and I have been sleeping here for more than 6 years now , she objected . I had to go out again and look for money at ring road in one of the bank's ATM .

Fortunately I was smart and God was on my side , so immediately I left the ATM stand , my mind said I should drive towards challenge and I did and made detour back to ososami, could you believe some guys on bike were on my trail from around the banks. I just decide to drive recklessly and if I manage to speed to the hotel they will locate me. So I joined the express way that links molete again and I drove like a mad man and got myself back to ring road only to return back to the hotel.

I got in and gave the lady the money and checked in. As I did my mind said I should just bolt the door from behind and I did , had my shower and had a knock from the door. I opened and behold some yahoo guys at the corridor and one at my door , I ask if anything is the matter he said he is sorry that he missed his way. I just looked at him and came out of the room and focus my eyes on the CCTV camera in the lobby.

So I went to get something to eat and on my way back , they were more than 20 guys at the corridor, drinking heavily , I protested and the stupid receptionist only told me she will talk to them.

The guys room was opposite mine and I tried to peep through the door hole and behold they were back again. So I lunched on my bed spoke to my wife and children and was trying to sleep only to discover that my wifi was been tampered with. I check the number of user using it and discover that 3 people . So I logged them out and watched as they were making attempts to relog in again to no avail. I couldn't browse that night I just slept off.

In the middle of the night I heard some sounds coming from that lobby and just stood awake almost part of the night. But there it was continuous almost all the later part of the night. I peeped again and behold I saw one of the guys in dreadlock come out of the lobby on red plain clothes. I said yes , my mind said it. He was actually begging a room service lady not to shout.

When it was morning I called the porter to iron my clothes and I asked him was was going on in the night and the guys was initially reluctant, he later open up after I Nigerian him (you know now) and told me that those guys are into rituals or something . The room service that brought the drink to them was asked to enter and they almost pulled her in and do something funny if not that the girl shouted and alerted attention and they left her. The lady later reported that they were many of them in the room wearing red plain clothes and performing all manners of things in the room.

I got downstairs and went straight to the reception and lodged my complaint to the receptionist that I couldn't sleep all though the night , you know she never altred a word. She was just looking at me as if he's was dump. I had to use that opportunity to tell her the story of her life and I just decided not to blog the issue as the owner of the hotel is a highly responsible man who writes books and his hotels when I initially stated lodging there encouraged me to buy some of his books to keep my self in the night instead of spending it on those (......)

Morals don't sleep off like a roasted goat, be conversant with your environment and ask question and challenge who needs to be. You're not in your house, stuffs happen. Avoid hotels with undefined rooms without clear exits, check the wardrobes, under the bed and ensure you call the porter to check you out when you're living so and don't leave your door open and just vanish into the thin air. So that no body will put exhibit into your room when you leave or steal something from there too.

However we still have some of the staffs in the same hotel that are nice . But the gate men are slow beggers , the receptionists are so so disrespectful and the room service is slow . They need to buckle up. Anyway I have stop going there and have told my people who love themselves to have a rethink.

11 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by syntekelite(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2022
nony43:
So years ago, when i was in school, i visited my ex in her city for the first time she was a student too. Before i travel to see her, I asked her if there is any hotel were we can lodge. I need a hotel far from where you live, she said yes that good hotels are far from the school.

Na so i land for her area that Friday night around 10pm we went straight to one of the hotels their rooms were booked in fact all the big hotels were fully booked na so we settled for 2500 fan or 3k Ac kind of hotel just for that night, we settled with the one with Jesus breeze cos a customer was complaining of their AC.

Brethren, that night after every, we were gisting, around pass 12am na so rat begin scratch my toes, I say wetin be this just immediately my ex stood up and screamed her toes. Na so i on light see as three big rats run enter wardrobe disappear.

Around pass 1am we heard a heavy banging on our door it continued my ex carry duvet run enter bathroom, I went to the door, held the handle and was shaking the door like i want to open it. Whilst at it I shouted "who goes" wida you na" no be me de there oo. Na so the noise stop we didn't close our eyes all through the night cos we didn't know what next to expect. grin grin

You get luck ohhh..lol.. my guy don nearly sleep with snake fr room before... grin

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by E2000: 10:42am On May 13, 2022
Anndrew:
u are a bloody son of a bastard...idiot...
Do you own a hotel? what exactly is your pain. You should get help before you give yourself BP.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by Anndrew(m): 10:53am On May 13, 2022
E2000:
Do you own a hotel? what exactly is your pain. You should get help before you give yourself BP.
I repeat,u are a bloody bastard

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by aliciabutler: 11:54am On May 13, 2022
Foods that increase fertility

Incorporating fertility-boosting foods into your diet is a great way to increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Fertility-boosting foods are those that are high in vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants. Some of the best fertility foods include dark leafy greens, legumes, nuts, seeds, and berries. These foods are not only beneficial for boosting fertility, but they are also packed with nutrients that are essential for overall health. Read more https://vaccineandfertility.com/foods-that-increase-fertility/
Re: What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? by teabully(m): 2:19pm On May 13, 2022
daewoorazer:
@teabully come share your bedbug experience haha
wawu, I recall lodging in one of those hotels in lagos, I ran for my life after seeing multitudes of bugs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.