Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) (89254 Views)

Husband, Wife Buried On Runway At US Airport Greet Thousands Of Planes Every Yea / Chaos At Kabul Airport As Thousands Tries To Flee Afghanistan (Pictures) / History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by chukxie(m): 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
goodheart02:

My brother, the way people make assessment on nairaland baffles me

Nna men! The thing dey weak person.

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Elliotwaveforec: 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2021
In other words, the US can disable any military equipment sold across the globe including Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2021
RevolverOcelot:
Story Land.
Check the arsenal of military tech the US left behind as they fled Afghanistan.

Crap. Let's see how many the Taliban will operate.
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by mofedamijo(m): 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2021
Lol... Nigeria and Nairaland analysts knows better than Generals, Military technician's, Military hardware and software programmers, who have spent 20-30 years in this field.

Lol.... Naija I hail una oooooo.

2 Likes

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by brightalo1010: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
Davash222:
If a brain can Disable them, don't you think another brain can Able them again with the right resources?

I'm beginning to think Biden and Buhari are from the same offspring.

You mumu ehhh if hand can break an egg let hand arrange the egg again na , do you even know what is called damaged beyond repair ? you hate Joe for pulling there military so whatever he does you must hate it .

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by chiokeman(m): 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
Waste of resources, why not evacuate them before leaving?
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by MacANDIES: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
RevolverOcelot:
Story Land.

All of them are demilitarized, which means they're useless.

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Zane2point4(m): 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2021
Davash222:
If a brain can Disable them, don't you think another brain can Able them again with the right resources?

Hahahah its not easy as u think.
Hardware and software no be same thing.

Even in cars if you loose your brain box to get it back the hard even two similar cars maybe not use same brainbox talkless of compicated military gear.

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by bayelsaowei(m): 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
ba7man:
The Afghanistan army are very stup1d to have all these equipment and arsenal but still lost to Talibans in Hilux trucks.

I guess the Taliban needed it more than they did.
very foolish of them.. and now everybody wants to blame Biden..

It was a mistake for the US to have even given the government these weapons.. the only pity I have are for the innocent folks , children and women that would be impacted by the Taliban take over..

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by hermesprogidy(m): 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
MacANDIES:

All of them are demilitarized, which means they're useless.
Like all Trump supporters, he has comprehension issues.
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Miyachi: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
Davash222:

The cost will outweigh the actual value of the machine.
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by SmartPolician: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
Davash222:

Your statement is not entirely true. If you remove and destroy the engine of a car, tell me how you plan to drive it again? To do that, you need to buy another engine. Of course, airplane parts are not as cheap as car parts.

Alternatively, I know the Taliban fighters are daft, but they can engage the Russian or Chinese experts to help them fix the airplanes. The question now is, can they afford to pay for that service, considering what the US Pentagon says they removed from those planes?

BTW, presidents don't make decisions in military operations. Instead, they make decisions based on the information the team in the field (service chiefs) gives them. One thing is certain, for them to leave all this military hardware and leave the country, the United States is extremely rich.

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 01, 2021
Why do i find this very funny grin
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by fantastic1: 12:09pm On Sep 01, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
There's no such thing in science.Once you can build it, it can be replicated.
The US make these mistakes all the time by underestimating others. If anyone had told them 20 years ago that they will lose the war in Afghanistan, they will not believe it. As we type here, the Chinese now have the strongest navy in the world and they have built better versions of the US artillery
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/05/china/china-world-biggest-navy-intl-hnk-ml-dst/index.html

They should have just destroyed those things . Leaving it is irresponsible and a miscalculation. The Talibans are not stupid. Even if they can't independently rebuild it, they can partner their neighbours Iran, Russia and China to understand these advanced technology through reverse Engineering.
US should wake up, others are not sleeping o. Knowledge and terror business has been democratized .
Btw, if you want to use freebies to promote and sell your goods or services or you want free stuffs , check my signature of FreeStuffsNG
Lose? What was the US mission in Afghanistan?
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 01, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
The US make these mistakes all the time by underestimating others. If anyone had told them 20 years ago that they will lose the war in Afghanistan, they will not believe it. As we type here, the Chinese now have the strongest navy in the world and they have built better versions of the US artillery
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/05/china/china-world-biggest-navy-intl-hnk-ml-dst/index.html

They should have just destroyed those things . Leaving it is irresponsible and a miscalculation. The Talibans are not stupid. Even if they can't independently rebuild it, they can partner their neighbours Iran, Russia and China to understand these advanced technology through reverse Engineering.
US should wake up, others are not sleeping o. Knowledge and terror business has been democratized .
Btw, if you want to use freebies to promote and sell your goods or services or you want free stuffs , check my signature of FreeStuffsNG

China doesn't have strongest navy. Biggest doesn't translate to strongest.

The US navy remains the most powerful navy in the world.

3 Likes

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by DonroxyII: 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
Emergingnation:
Nice one from United States
Until Russia and China reverse technologise them all and they start working again
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by jaxxy(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
Fahdiga:
Sleepy Joe has played into the hands of Taliban. The earlier he is impeached the better for the world

Trump negotiated with Taliban that’s how we got here.
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
Impeach Buhari first.
Fahdiga:
Sleepy Joe has played into the hands of Taliban. The earlier he is impeached the better for the world
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by greggng: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

I don't know why some of you mislead people online . What do you mean by losing the war in Afghanistan? The main reason they usa went to Afghanistan has been achieved . They told the Taliban to hand tgem over the terrorist leader tgat attacked America ...they refused and America invaded with a view to finding Osama bin Ladin dead or alive. The death of Osama marks the end of tgat war. To me American have over stayed their welcome ...they took the right decision living that axis of evil. The question to ask is if you achieve your set goals ...would you still remain at it? Is time to move onto other goals otgers you remain stagnant ...USA is to big to remain stagnant .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by cmecproblem(m): 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2021
Someone will sell the tech to enable the planes and become a billionaire... illegal military contract loading...
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by SmartPolician: 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Please the US didn't lose any war; they wanted to topple the Taliban government for hiding Osama Bin Laden. Yes, they achieved that and even killed the terrorist. In fact, they should have left the country a long time ago and allow the Taliban run the country as they please, instead of trying to install a democratic government.

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Emergingnation(m): 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2021
DonroxyII:
Until Russia and China reverse technologise them all and they start working again
Impossible!
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Miyachi: 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2021
I wonder why everyone is mad with US. They did the right thing, both morally and financially. How long were they going to keep babysitting the Afghan government?

The Afghan government couldn't fund itself; the army and police where under US payroll. When you also account the human cost, it is a lost war whether now or in another 20 years.

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by NiceMen: 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2021
Davash222:

this made me laugh �
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Srallens(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2021
RevolverOcelot:
Story Land.
. This is false. No single functional air carrier was left behind. As it stands, there is technically no airport in Afghanistan.

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nackdemall:
grin. This is all we know about the WAR in Afghanistan undecided

Do you know how much money the usa made from Afghanistan...
They are not stupid to just wake up and decide to leave

3 Likes

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Masterito(m): 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
You are one of the intelligent persons on this platform.
joyandfaith:

Sleepy joe like chess game. Though there were some miscalculation on exit strategy.
Most equipments left by US directly or through Afghanistan army would be difficult for talibans to use or maintain. America military hardware and software are most expensive to procure or maintain. That is the main reason Ak47 is more popular than M16.
Most uS military gadgets have trackers. Using them will make talibans vulnerable to America electronic surveillance.
It is either talibans sell those equipments or contract American companies to maintain on huge cost and on US terms and conditions.

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by abc115: 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Since you know more than the credible senior military sources CNN based its conclusion on, why dont you save us of your rudeness and near ignorance mixed with arrogance and argue with the top military sources CNN quoted in their report sir? Obviously, I was quoting a credible source and it beggars belief how my quote of a credible source , you only need to read, gave you license to be uncouth.

They don't have experience... they will met away like Afghan soldiers. Don't you know small Japan, colonise China and took them as slaves.

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by GorillaApp(m): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

While I concur with your last paragraph, I want to let you know that having the largest navy( in terms of fleets and men) does not confers victory. Experience is key.
The US has been engaging opponents on several warfront s and has garnered several experience unlike China that has not fought any way save for wars fought several decades ago before they became a super power

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by Srallens(m): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Davash222:

. But it will cost great amount to "able" them and the resources is not available. Even with the resources, it will be an agreement from nations that will give the go ahead to any nation that has the air carrier material to release them to the talibans
Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by CrystalBliss: 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
HornyTave:

War is not mathematics, fact.

same way Israel won the war kf independence and 6 days war with obsolete aircrafts...

Afghanistan is like Northern Nigeria, the people want Shariah law,,,, you can't win an ideology the local people choses.

You got it man. Even the Afghan soldiers pretend to fight against the Taliban while the most of them want Taliban to take over. You would remember Biden lamenting that he can't continue sending American soldiers to die in a war that Afghan soldiers cannot die for.

1 Like

Re: US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) by infogeneral: 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Good one from the U.S. I knew they wouldn't leave those weapons and equipment behind just like that for the Taliban to use. The U.S don't joke with secrets behind thier technology. Very soon, many of those US equipment in Afghanistan will be targeted in drone strikes by the U.S just to conceal thier secret.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Russian Soldiers Are Freezing To Death In Ukraine (Graphic Photos) / Son Of Adama Barrow Killed By Dog (Photos) / Topless Photos Of Vladimir Putin Earns Him Russia's Sexiest Man Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.