Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Catfish Farming: My Story - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Farming: My Story (203350 Views)

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Investment In Catfish Farming (things you need to know) / Re: Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by aquatic1(m): 3:13pm On Apr 26, 2013
integrityfood:

Longest time my brother. Thanks for the visit to my farm. i need to know if your juveniles are still available and if you have any infor on the bio-filter execlsior talked about cos i still need to do the re-circulatory because of draniange. By HIS grace by ending or first week in may i should start

I always have fingerlings and juvenile anytime you request, its available.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by Hennyboy(m): 6:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
GROWING & GOING FROM SMALL TIME BUSINESS PERSON TO BECOME A MAJOR COMPETITION IN ANY INDUSTRY YOU PLAY IN. WATCH THIS SHOUT VIDEO AND DRAW A POWERFUL CLUE FROM IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmCltATrKJM
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by Hennyboy(m): 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2013
aquatic1: Be very patience in reading this

I started fish farming business some years ago, and am proud of myself and my farm, am still in the business and am really doing great, and am making my money as expected.

MY STORY

I visited a fish farm at alagbado area of Lagos state Nigeria, so few years back, where i discover that the man that owns the farm feed is fish from juvenile to standard table size with local feeds, he feed them 4times a day and in 6 to 7 months he harvest nothing less than 1kg to 2kg, what surprise me is that he use local feed all-through, which i confirm from some of his staff and i was so shock, because its hard for catfish farmers to use local feed although without using the foreign feed for some months, i consult the man to give me the formula he use, but he said no, this make me to sit down, think and do some more research on how to minimize feeding cost in Nigeria catfish farming since it take up to 70% of the investment.

MY DISCOVERY

I started by stocking 1000pcs of post fingerlings in a 15ft by 7ft by 4ft concrete pond, i feed the fish with coppens, twice a day, and they eat 4bags in the first month, which i weigh them and see they are 150 - 200grams, i was happy my idea is working, so i put more effort, the second month, i feed them with 6bags and the 3rd and 4th month i spent 27,000 in  milling local feed for them, when i get to sell them, i see 1kg to 1.3kg at the 4th month, i was very happy that i got the idea, this apply to my fingerlings production too, i get 0.5 to 1.5gram of fish at 3weeks, and i feed them twice a day.

MY ARITHMETIC

Calculation for the feeding of the 1000pcs of fish is 73,000. Some catfish farmers believe fish should be feed a #120 feed to attain 1kg, and some say a 1kg feed equals to 1kg fish. Assuming you are using foreign feed which is sold for #300, that means you will spend #300,000 in feeding 1000pcs of fish and your turn over will be #420,000, u will also calculate other things the fish money, the fuel e.t.c or you are using the local feed which sell for #170 that means you will spend #170,000, or you follow the saying of @120 equals to 1kg, that means you will spend #120,000 in feeding 1000pcs of fish, but i spend #70 on each fish which make #70,000 on the total fish and i sold all the fish for #469,830, which make me make more than what i expect as profit, and i spend less.

MY SECRET

I started then as an experiment, now that's the method i use always, and i still achieve my aim.
The secret behind my success is that

1: I stock my own fish, which i know the source
2: I specify a permanent time of feeding my fish, i choose to feed them 7am in the morning and 7pm at night
3: I change the water every 3days, and i clean the pond always
4: I sort the fish every month
5: The most successful part is that i don't vaccine my fish, i really thanks GOD for that
6: I check them regularly to know their behavior
7: after the first two month, i switch to local feed, and i give them the right mixture, this is the money important of all, because all the ingredient must me accurate, it must not be too much and too less, because the fish will just be eating if for hungry sake, its like putting too much salt in rice or beans.

for any question
for good local feed formula
good health and fast growing catfish fingerlings, post fingerlings, juvenile
for consultancy in your farm

contact ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES
@ 35 olufemi street ikola ilumo ipaja Lagos state
or call 07089391123, 08053018934
or araratnigeria@gmail.com
or check www.araratnigeria..com

GROWING & GOING FROM SMALL TIME BUSINESS PERSON TO BECOME A MAJOR COMPETITION IN ANY INDUSTRY YOU PLAY IN. WATCH THIS SHOUT VIDEO AND DRAW A POWERFUL CLUE FROM IT

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by MarcoP: 2:15pm On May 01, 2013
Hennyboy: GROWING & GOING FROM SMALL TIME BUSINESS PERSON TO BECOME A MAJOR COMPETITION IN ANY INDUSTRY YOU PLAY IN. WATCH THIS SHOUT VIDEO AND DRAW A POWERFUL CLUE FROM IT

Nobody is interested in this your SPAM.
Pls stop infiltrating every good thread on NL with this SPAM.
People on NL are not stupid.
Show some respect.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by aquatic1(m): 8:07am On May 02, 2013
For the month of may stocking

Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile over 50,000pcs is available for sale for the month of may stocking at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.7kg) and female ( 2.2kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

Home delivery is available within or outside lagos.
Large quantity attract a discount

For more information, call 08053018934 or 07089391123. Or send an email to araratnigeria@gmail.com. You can also check our information blog www.araratnigeria..com or website www.araratnigeria.gnbo.com.ng, or ping us 25F845B8.
Or visit oloruntoba estate ilepa, by sango otta ogun state.

A trial will convince you.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by dadebayo1(m): 5:43am On Jun 01, 2013
Pls who knows were I can get net to cover d top of my pond. Searched all over but could not get one to buy
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by Originalsly: 11:35am On Jun 01, 2013
Just curious...I read a front page post where someone was surprised that a guy was feeding his catfish local feed. Wouldn't catfish eat basically anything thrown its way? Why buy special feed? Is it that the feed contain steroids or growth hormones?.....just curious.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by ab1x: 11:43am On Jun 01, 2013
d.adebayo:
Pls who knows were I can get net to cover d top of my pond. Searched all over but could not get one to buy

Check with people that sells floating feeds.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by ab1x: 11:52am On Jun 01, 2013
Originalsly: Just curious...I read a front page post where someone was surprised that a guy was feeding his catfish local feed. Wouldn't catfish eat basically anything thrown its way? Why buy special feed? Is it that the feed contain steroids or growth hormones?.....just curious.

At the early stage in fish life, it is easy to feed them with foreign feeds because it is a floating feed and very rich and nutritional in value compare to locally produced feed. It is also worthy to note that since they are still small and fragile anything thrown @ them if care is not taken may cause havoc in their lives which can therefore after their growth. Basically, I feed my fish with floating feeds for 1 and half month before moving to locally formulated feeds and I can authoritatively tell you that I can boast of 2 to 3 KG of fish per one in less than five month. Hope my reply helps ur question.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by Originalsly: 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
ab1x:

At the early stage in fish life, it is easy to feed them with foreign feeds because it is a floating feed and very rich and nutritional in value compare to locally produced feed. It is also worthy to note that since they are still small and fragile anything thrown @ them if care is not taken may cause havoc in their lives which can therefore after their growth. Basically, I feed my fish with floating feeds for 1 and half month before moving to locally formulated feeds and I can authoritatively tell you that I can boast of 2 to 3 KG of fish per one in less than five month. Hope my reply helps ur question.
Ok...I hear you on the need for floating feeds.I guess this type of feed is not produced locally.Maybe you should give local floating feed production a thought!If the local feed is good enough for the hmmmm...fish mammas then no doubt nutritious feed can be locally produced for the ehmmm...kids! Thanks...I'm a bit wiser now...I hope!
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by Immaculate4sure(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
For qυalιтy ѕмoĸed caтғιѕн. Conтacт:- OLA on 08033551287 or 08080207920
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by dadebayo1(m): 11:55am On Jun 06, 2013
ab1x:
Ok sir thanks. I finally bought it at adeniji adele lagos. Thanks. God bless.

Check with people that sells floating feeds.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by ab1x: 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
[quote author=d.adebayo][/quote]

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help smiley
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by hotmas911(m): 7:04am On Jun 07, 2013
we have another 5 acres for sale @ tewure ogbomoso. 80k per acre. Very close to paved road and there is electricity. Good for most crop. 08060318769

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by aquatic1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
Check the link below for different pictures about catfish farming (especially for intending farmers) its gives you some pictures about the business.

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1035201809009.2007269.1494386621&type=1&refid=7&_ft_=qid.5889412693788703596%3Amf_story_key.-7119817469265347401
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by ayosat(m): 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hello to all catfish farmers and intending farmers.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by DaaGreat: 7:35am On Jun 19, 2013
excelsiorfarm: to know about d feed quantity to feed d fishes,depends on their weight,3-5% of their body weight daily,u can do weekly or biweekly random sampling to estimate their weight,but dont stress d fishes

@excelsiorfarm ,I am a newbie looking to start cat fish farming . No much funds but can start with the plastic bowl pond that can stock at least 500 fingerlings . I am passionate about starting but need help with background knowledge of the business . Any manual,ebook and advise will be appreciated. I have taken time to review most of your responses and comments on this tread and indeed its been awesome . this my email.. krestedlinks@gmail.com
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by aquatic1(m): 8:38am On Jun 19, 2013
Am very sorry for those that call that I can't meet up with their demand of fingerlings and juvenile, I have some pond construction for my clients, that's why there is little fish available for the month of june, but am now back to produce you better quantity and quality of fish that is available from today.

For the month of july stocking

Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile over 40,000pcs is available for sale for the month of may stocking at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.2kg) and female ( 1.8kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

Home delivery is available within or outside lagos.
Large quantity attract a discount

For more information, call 08053018934 or 07089391123. Or send an email to araratnigeria@gmail.com. You can also check our information blog www.araratnigeria..com or website www.araratnigeria.gnbo.com.ng, or ping us 25F845B8.
Or visit oloruntoba estate ilepa, via ifo by sango otta ogun state.

A trial will convince you.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
Daa Great:

@excelsiorfarm ,I am a newbie looking to start cat fish farming . No much funds but can start with the plastic bowl pond that can stock at least 500 fingerlings . I am passionate about starting but need help with background knowledge of the business . Any manual,ebook and advise will be appreciated. I have taken time to review most of your responses and comments on this tread and indeed its been awesome . this my email.. krestedlinks@gmail.com
i sent u an email & will sen
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
@Daa Great
excelsiorfarm: i sent u an email & will sen
also sent u a short video to buttress your request
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by ayosat(m): 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
For your fast growing fingerlings and juveniles call Ayo on 08035193433

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by aquatic1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
CATFISH FARMING SEMINAR
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES

invites you to a one (1) day full practical seminar on investment opportunities in catfish fingerlings production.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1) Catfish Fingerlings production and hatchery management
2)Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE
1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR
* To see and know how to perform the hatchery on your own
* Free guidelines on catfish fingerlings production
* free testing of your water
* how to extract the male sperm without killing the fish
* how to remove the pituitaries gland from the skull and use to inject
* how to hatch up to 20,000 fries
* free testing of your water pH ( bring your water when coming)
* 10% discount if payment is made
before the date of the seminar

Venue: abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
Time: 10am
Date: saturday 10th august 2013

For enquiry
Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
08053018934, 07089391123 or bb:25F845B8

This is the way ararat nigeria enterprises is helping the intending farmers and establish farmers with a give away price seminar.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by austinebode: 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
I've been in this trade(fish farming) for years and I don't think you is a famer.
you need to get is fact right.

If anybody needs any free consulting or information on catfish family, please feel free to contact me.[/b][/color]

Thanks
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by lamp5: 8:03am On Jul 19, 2013
I want to know the size of a plastic pond for 200pcs of fingerline
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by lamp5: 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
The cost of a plastic pond(2000litre)?
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by aquatic1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
Its 2000ltrs and sellls for 27k or so
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by aquatic1(m): 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
10,000 pcs of juvenile and jumbo availabble for sale

For enquiry
Visit
abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
www.araratnigeria..com araratnigeria@gmail.com
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by aquatic1(m): 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
10 days to go

CATFISH FARMING SEMINAR
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES

invites you to a one (1) day full practical seminar on investment opportunities in catfish fingerlings production.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1) Catfish Fingerlings production and hatchery management
2)Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE
1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR
* To see and know how to perform the hatchery on your own
* Free guidelines on catfish fingerlings production
* free testing of your water
* how to extract the male sperm without killing the fish
* how to remove the pituitaries gland from the skull and use to inject
* how to hatch up to 20,000 fries
* free testing of your water pH ( bring your water when coming)
* 10% discount if payment is made
before the date of the seminar

Venue: abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
Time: 10am
Date: saturday 10th august 2013

For enquiry
Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by hotmas911(m): 6:50am On Aug 02, 2013
100 acres of farmland for sale @ 120k per acre. It has C of O. Still in ogbomoso. 08060318769

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by yusy4luv(m): 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
Catfish biz is a good biz dat makes u smile 2 d bank within 3-4mths bt it is beta t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ av adequate knowledge nd make research abt it b4 startin U̶̲̥̅̊я own catfish biz. Ararat entreprise u ar doin a gud job F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ organizing catfish seminar. This is an opportunity F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ ALL.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
i encourage all to go for this aquatic1 catfish seminar,there is no knowledge that is lost & what u dont know,u can learn from or even add to your insight.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by aquatic1(m): 5:39am On Aug 06, 2013
yusy4luv: Catfish biz is a good biz dat makes u smile 2 d bank within 3-4mths bt it is beta t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ av adequate knowledge nd make research abt it b4 startin U̶̲̥̅̊я own catfish biz. Ararat entreprise u ar doin a gud job F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ organizing catfish seminar. This is an opportunity F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ ALL.
excelsiorfarm: i encourage all to go for this aquatic1 catfish seminar,there is no knowledge that is lost & what u dont know,u can learn from or even add to your insight.

Thanks a lot my ogas at the top in catfish farming.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Updated Price Of Grains And Location.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.