Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Catfish Farming: My Story - Agriculture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Farming: My Story (203207 Views)

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Investment In Catfish Farming (things you need to know) / Re: Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by yomisley: 1:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
what's the size of your tank that u wan to put the 500 fingerlins
excelsiorfarm:
i sent u an email & will sen
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by yomisley: 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hello Great People, i intend going into this business but i wanna start in a small way to learn and understand how the business works, then i can now invest big. can anyone give me few tips before going into this business, i intend starting with just one tank to start with and how many fishes will it contain comfortably till the day of harvest. i love this business and it has always been what i want to do for a long time. am just a young man that just is just starting life am in my early 20s and business as always been part of me, i want to start this business in a small way but can still invest big anytime if i see the turn up. i know lot of people who have grown big. am staying in lagos mainland anywhere close to lagos i can learn from and watch the whole process.

First i intend using my Mom's back yard to start with cos we have a running bore hole water. Please expert in the house can you guide me through this. will appreciate this. thanks. My email is: Adewale_wesley_abayomi@yahoo.com phone: 08083247252.Thanks will appreciate this.

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by jefips: 9:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Thanks for all the info.am new in this.getting kind of discouraged cos i hv spent over 140000 on 1000fingerlines. i dried and and selling the ones that are not up to kg.this is there 4th month.what local food can i give them cos am still spending money on their.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by Austinekg: 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
Dear House,
I will really appreciate if anyone in the house can give me a step by step guideline on how to go about starting a fish farm. I have a plot of land already and will like to know other things that are necessary in order to kick off.

Regards,
Email can be sent to adroitidea@yahoo.com.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by AidWealth: 6:22am On Nov 11, 2015
Catfish farming business in Nigeria is a very profitable business to venture into. I have spoken with some successful catfish farmers in Nigeria, and from their testimonies, I can boldly say that this is a very lucrative business. In this article, I am going to share with you a step by step guide on how to start a successful catfish farming business in Nigeria. I know that there are many experienced farmers in the house, but this article will definitely be useful for some starters.This piece is a compilation I made from the experience of a successful catfish farmer in Nigeria.
I wish you success in your business.

Click here to read: How to Start a Successful Catfish Farming Business in Nigeria
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by AidWealth: 6:22am On Nov 11, 2015
Austinekg:
Dear House,
I will really appreciate if anyone in the house can give me a step by step guideline on how to go about starting a fish farm. I have a plot of land already and will like to know other things that are necessary in order to kick off.

Regards,
Email can be sent to adroitidea@yahoo.com.

Catfish farming business in Nigeria is a very profitable business to venture into. I have spoken with some successful catfish farmers in Nigeria, and from their testimonies, I can boldly say that this is a very lucrative business. In this article, I am going to share with you a step by step guide on how to start a successful catfish farming business in Nigeria. I know that there are many experienced farmers in the house, but this article will definitely be useful for some starters.This piece is a compilation I made from the experience of a successful catfish farmer in Nigeria.
I wish you success in your business.

Click here to read: How to Start a Successful Catfish Farming Business in Nigeria
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by jameslucy: 12:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
mroluway:
I've been following this for a while and i never knew people will see it from the Angle I'm also looking at it , I was about to call this Poster when i first read the Post but i don't just feel like despite the Fact that i know personally that it a big LIE, Actually, I don't really know how much its will cost to raise 1000 pieces of Catfish But I'm having 1000 pieces right now.i stock them on the 26th of November 2011, so as I'm writing right now, they are a month Old yesterday and all i noticed was that they Have Consumed 3 Bags Of 3mm Coppens throughout the first Month. I just opened up the Forth and 5th Bag , I sorted them into 500 /500 in 2 ponds and the first 500 are about to start eating 4mm Today while the other 500 in the Second Pond have Started eating 6mm Yesterday. I'm very Happy to see them Growing Faster than i think. I haven't weigh them Yet. but they are Getting Bigger. The Coppens Cost me 4900 per-bag, I don't know about the Cost in other location cos my Farm is in my House ( AKUTE, OLAMBE) Then i Feed them 3 Times in a Day. So if anyone want any details , U are free to ask me here , I dont have anything to Sell to anyone, Just need to let people my Progress. And www.Nairaland.com has been really helping me so far. I THANK GOD

I feel glad to see people who still value truth. I want to start this Catfish farming but have no idea about it. Please give me any idea that will help. My WhatsApp contact is 08166174486. Just tell me Catfish I'll know or email me: jamesnsan@yahoo.com. But WhatsApp is preferable. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by shortletsesan: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
I have healthy and tested, male and female, catfish broodstocks for sale 1.5 kg to 2kg, 14month+ old around Isheri Magodo, Lagos state. Please call: 08054240524.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by MAAF: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
Does anyone know the size of fish pond that can contain 5000 pieces of table size catfish.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by LORDDICE(m): 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
please anyone with a clue of how to sell matured catfish can please send me a PM or whatsapp 0705035 953 6
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by yemzy03: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2015
A fairly used local smoking kiln (fish smoking oven) is available for sale if you are interested kindly send your post on this forum.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by nikaShow(m): 10:27am On Jan 09, 2016
If you are new to fish farming, why don't You take our Fish Farm tour, where we take you to visit and learn from different successful fish farms with different setups, ask them questions and know why they do what they do. You can read up on this learning experience by checking this page...https://www.nairaland.com/2848773/visit-catfish-farms-learn-practically
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by searay(m): 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2016
lutha:
Although, my ponds r made wt tarpolin&hardwood. Bt i'll like 2c responses as regard fabricated tarpolin pond mentioned above. Am waiting pls, , .
where can one get" tapolin" pond
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by ultrazone(m): 1:22am On Feb 11, 2016
Here is a free guide on starting a fish farm: https://www.practicalbusinessideas.com/fish-farming-in-nigeria/
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by fellycoco(f): 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
Am about building a concrete pond. Pls someone with experience,is it advisable or do I get d plastic ponds. I want 2 start with a 1500. What is the ideal size of pond 2 use
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by nycobama: 6:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
I will like people in the house to advise me on the type of pond to use. I'm moving to my site and I have a compound and extra 3 bedroom flat which I intend using for fish farming. I live abroad and we do buy some extremely large catfish here tho we know they have their style of breading them. I'm planing to go through some training here before coming home to combine the experience here with the one I will learn relating with Nigeria setting. Kindly send useful guide/information to my email or add me on WhatsApp olumidepopoola44@gmail.com +60146489827
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
nycobama:
I will like people in the house to advise me on the type of pond to use. I'm moving to my site and I have a compound and extra 3 bedroom flat which I intend using for fish farming. I live abroad and we do buy some extremely large catfish here tho we know they have their style of breading them. I'm planing to go through some training here before coming home to combine the experience here with the one I will learn relating with Nigeria setting. Kindly send useful guide/information to my email or add me on WhatsApp olumidepopoola44@gmail.com +60146489827
since it is going to be in your site,mobile or concrete pond will do,what i would encourage is you getting d technology aspect of enhancing growth better, sorry i cant email,just to keep you focus on objectives to outshine others whenever u come
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by nycobama: 1:48am On Feb 20, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
since it is going to be in your site,mobile or concrete pond will do,what i would encourage is you getting d technology aspect of enhancing growth better, sorry i cant email,just to keep you focus on objectives to outshine others whenever u come

Noted..
Thanks
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by chinazor111111: 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
FarmTech:
.. Hey! Where do you get those duckweeds? I've been looking for it.
I am also interested in getting the duckweeds please
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by Hamij: 7:18am On Apr 26, 2016
We sell quality catfish fingerlings at 10 naira each .
Contact details :
Phone number : 07061066317
Address : Rumuagholu, port harcourt
Email : hamil_luther@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by lawstenie: 9:10am On Apr 30, 2016
hi everyone, please i just got a new tarpouline pond. How do i wash it? And the size is 9 by 14 by 4ft, how many fishes can it take to grow out stage?
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by jefips: 8:15pm On May 19, 2016
hi does anyone in the house know or HV contact of ppl that buy fishes in large quantity n dry. for sale. I run a farm n I dry mine n sale. but i want to be selling fresh ones in bulk abt 1000kg of dryable ones not up to 1kg each. f you know pls email me at obyno15 @gmail com. thank you In anticipation.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by jwax: 2:49pm On May 31, 2016
I buy and sell all my agro products on www.agromarket.ng, lots of agroprenuers are there. Maybe you guys should try and check it out. its really cool and thats my little big secret of how have been able to buy and sell all my products. Thank me later for this info... Heheheh boastful me cheesy grin
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by babytejiri(m): 9:22am On Jun 14, 2016
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by tukurshakur: 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
Pls hauz i am a new fisher in d hauz in need of guidance. I really need to get a local feed formula for fast growth and one for weight gain. I need to save cost. Thanks in adv
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by agapeiyke: 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
Kindly contact Superway farms on 08037669317 for your fingerlings, Juvenilles and Post-fingerlings if you are around Warri and environs. Our Stocks are of very high quality. We also offer consultancy and advice.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by alfred0074u: 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
FISH FARM 4 SALE!!

A fish farm located @ Elele, Rivers State is up 4 grab!!!
In the farm are the following assets:
(1) 2plots of land with fence & gate.
(2) 8 concrete ponds of 7200 stocking capacity.
(3) 3 Earthen ponds of 4500 stocking capacity (ie, a total of 11,700 table-size fish capacity).
(4) Fingerling Hatchery/Nursery house.
(5) 6 post-nursery tanks.
(6) Borehole with overhead tanks.
(7) Poultry house with 500 stocking capacity.
(cool Snail pen with 5000 capacity.
(9) soakaway/septic tank.
(10) Free land space 4 future development.

Asking Price is N6,000,000. Interested persons to contact d mgt of Trans-D-Earth Nig Ltd on 08032953318; 09051195483 for more details & pictures.
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by ayosat(m): 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
Always get your seed right!.
We deal in the best seeds for profitable farm business.
Get your fingerlings / juveniles from us and you wont regret.
Call Ayo on 08035193433
Thanks

Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by ajibodan: 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
please my fellow farmer can I feed my catfishes with maggots at 2 weeks old
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by stancod(m): 8:07am On Oct 15, 2016
fm7070:
@Ayosat, do you sell post fries (ijebu)? where is your farm situated? Price?
i sell post frys. Farm@ikorodu lagos
Re: Catfish Farming: My Story by UniqueFarmer: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2016
We provide practical daily tips on how to successfully start and operate a successful Fish farming venture. The content provided covers all the salient areas in agriculture, including creating the business plan, doing market research, constructing the farm and purchasing the stock. It also covers growing/rearing the stock, weather forecast, market prices, agronomy tips and advice for dealing with pests and diseases on topical issues affecting farmers and middle men operating in the agricultural sector.

Users can subscribe to their preferred Agric content service on the Etisalat network by sending the specific keyword to the designated short-code. Subscriber texts any of ‘Poultry’, ‘Fish’, ‘Crop’ 'Pig' or ‘SNA’ to 33327. 1st 7 days subscription is FREE...

Content are provided on daily basis and the user will be charged N50/weekly for each successful subscription. Specific topics will be treated under each content on daily basis to ensure users are well abreast on all areas involved in the category subscribed.

3. Reason To Believe:
• Convenience of receiving practical tips to help you run a successful agric business on your phone
• Content are authentic and collated from experience farmers who are successful in running their agric business
• Opportunities for internship in successful farms are offered to 20 lucky subscribers
• 7 days free trial at no cost to the subscriber, after which the subscriber can renew or deactivate if not interested

4. Heart of the Story
• Food security is currently a major challenge in Nigeria. As the population increases, the demand for food to feed the population increases.
• Agriculture guarantees a steady income and ready market for people who can learn what it takes to succeed as a farmer
• Agriculture has a lot of inherent risks for a novice. Understanding these risks and how to mitigate them is the difference between failure and success in agriculture.
• The essence of these agric content services is to equip the novice or existing farmer with the right tools (skills, information and attitude) that is required to succeed in different agricultural ventures.
• Success is guaranteed if the information provided in these content services are correctly applied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Updated Price Of Grains And Location.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.