Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record (50020 Views)

Ronaldo Breaks Ali Daei's Record For International Goals / Ali Daei Congratulates Ronaldo As He Equals Men Goalscoring Record / Ronaldo: I Want To Break Ali Daei’s Goalscoring Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by ddippset(m): 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lucque:
How e take be boast now...?
Cristiano Ronaldo boasts, sends message to Ali Daei after breaking all-time goalscoring record

Portugal captain, Cristiano Ronaldo has said that the world record for goals scored in men’s international football he broke on Tuesday against Ireland is the most special record for him.

In a lengthy Instagram post, Ronaldo said that in all the records he had broken in his career, this particular one was very special for him and is on the shelf of the achievements that makes him really proud.

Ronaldo scored his 110th and 111th goals for Portugal in their dramatic 2-1 World Cup qualifying win over the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday.

The 36-year-old scored two late headers to break and extend the record.

Ali Daei scored 109 goals for Iran between 1993 and 2006 but Ronaldo equalled it in the Euro 2020 with a double against France. Catholic Prayers

“I can’t even start to express myself in words! I’m thrilled with an overwhelming sensation! Let’s go, Portugal! Let’s go!” He wrote.

"From all the records that I have broken during my career – and fortunately there have been a few – this one is very special for me and it’s certainly on the shelf of the achievements that make me truly proud,” Ronaldo said.

The 36-year-old forward said that every moment he wears the Portugal national colours is special to him because he is defending his country and showing the world what the Portuguese stands for.

“Secondly, because National Teams competitions have always had a very strong impact in me as I was growing up, watching my idols playing for their flags every other Summer in Euros and in World Cups,” he added.

“But finally and above all, because scoring 111 goals for Portugal means 111 moments like the ones we experienced today in Algarve, moments of worldwide union and happiness for millions and millions of Portuguese citizens all around the Globe. For them, every sacrifice is worth it,” he added.

The newly signed Manchester United forward also appreciated the previous record holder, Ali Daei.

He said that the Iranian had set the standard so high that at some point, he (Ronaldo) doubted his ability to break it.

He said this is another reason he appreciates the achievement so much and congratulated the Iranian.

“Congratulations to the ‘Shariar’ for holding the record for so long and thanks for always showing so much respect for me every time I scored and as I became closer and closer to his outstanding number,” he added.

Recognising the fact that he could not do it all on his own, Ronaldo thanked his teammates and opposing teams for giving him the opportunity to reach the great achievement.

“Thank you Portugal. Thanks to all my teammates and opponents for making this journey so unforgettable. Let’s keep meeting inside the pitch in the years to come! I’m not closing the count just yet…” He wrote.

If you do not see the bolded above as a big sarcastic boast from Ronaldo then your IQ isn't so high.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by udemzyudex(m): 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

Abeg nothing to get over excited here.
I am 100% sure if Argentina was part of Europe, Messi would have achieved similar feat playing against the likes of Lithuania, Andorra, Luxembourg, Armenia, Latvia, Estonia, Faroe Islands & many other shitty European football countries.

This man just carry bad belle go another level sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by BianoJay(m): 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
DJInfluence:
he talk true. How many he score against England, Spain, Germany, Italy France, Holland or even Sweden wey we no go hear word again?
Even the previous record holder self na fraud.

He scored 7 against sweden including a hat trick in one match. He scored a hat trick against Spain in the world cup, he scored 2 against France in the last Euros, scored against Germany in the same Euros. What else do you guys want?

Hate and bias blinds and makes one look stupid because you have to abandon rational thinking because of hate and bias.

Ronaldo has scored at least one goal against 44 footballing nations, including Ghana and Ivory Coast. That's no mean feat, bro.
Give honour to whom it is due, it won't kill you.

Other footballing greats from Europe played against all these small teams even when they weren't this developed in football, yet they couldn't score that much goals, what does that tell you? It's not easy.

8 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Tomahawk99(m): 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

I am 100% sure if Argentina was part of Europe, Messi would have achieved similar feat playing against the likes of Lithuania, Andorra, Luxembourg, Armenia, Latvia, Estonia, Faroe Islands & many other shitty European football countries.
Control your envy oga. What have you achieved on earth? Bodoh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Tomahawk99(m): 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
udemzyudex:

This man just carry bad belle go another level sha.
No mind am.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by IkePeters(m): 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
And what is boastful about he's comments? He appreciated the former record holder, his nation, team mates, opposing team mates as well as fans.

Your caption is malicious and lacking in objectivity

viviangist:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/02/cristiano-ronaldo-boasts-sends-message-to-ali-daei-after-breaking-all-time-goalscoring-record/

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Kingcalls: 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
Miller232:

Mumu so Venezuela and them bolivia na them be top team??

The question u should even ask the mumu paulolee and ojeemah is that the 4 world cups messi has played , y hasn't he scored a top club... serbia, Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria ( his favourite opponent) are all he has ever scored in the world cup ... he has faced Germany 3 times, the Dutch 2 times , Croatia, France 2 times , Belgium, Switzerland, and he has failed to score these teams ...even Iceland and Greece, he cudnt score....

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by BESTScientist1: 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
Use your drugs. The black one, it cures fast

WibusJaga:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by ddippset(m): 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
BianoJay:

He scored 7 against sweden including a hat trick in one match. He scored a hat trick against Spain in the world cup, he scored 2 against France in the last Euros, scored against Germany in the same Euros. What else do you guys want?

Hate and bias blinds and makes one look stupid because you have to abandon rational thinking because of hate and bias.

Ronaldo has scored at least one goal against 44 footballing nations, including Ghana and Ivory Coast. That's no mean feat, bro.
Give honour to whom it is due, it won't kill you.

Other footballing greats from Europe played against all these small teams even when they weren't this developed in football, yet they couldn't score that much goals, what does that tell you? It's not easy.
That's 13 goals.

grin grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Saltysalt: 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
[color=#550000][/color]
WibusJaga:

The hatred u get for this young man we knw no say u dey even exist..
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Caseless: 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

lol. You guys are funny. Which other formidable team is Messi playing against in South America apart from Brazil?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Kingcalls: 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
paulolee:

messi n lewa had same club performance...lewa did nothing in euros n messi won copa n dts the key advantage over d others.

Close mouth... lewa won the league...something messi di t and also won European golden boot...copa is trash...y dint they give suarez in 2015...cos he joined barca and he contributed in them winning the treble and even scored in the CL final and still won copa that year....u are just bitter everywhere u go

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by joshuaidibia(m): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
viviangist:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/02/cristiano-ronaldo-boasts-sends-message-to-ali-daei-after-breaking-all-time-goalscoring-record/

OP you're a goat,not G.O.A.T but the animal goat �, how did he boast to Ali in What you said. Messi fanboy
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by SUPERPACK: 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
DJInfluence:
. So you are telling me he scored 2 goals against France from the total 111 goals? Ok I hear you loud and clear. I agree say we are lucky to have both him and Messi at the same time during this life time. But make una No over hype this record. 70% of the goals na against the teams mentioned by the previous speaker.

My TV na black and white. But let's discuss without insulting each other. It's called respect.
Is Ronaldo FIFA that fixes international matches? Do you expect him to leave countries assigned to them to go play world number one to boost your ego? Which of those countries is more technical, stronger and stars studded than PSG, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid or Mancity that he scores against all the time on club level? Portugal is not on same level with Argentina in football, argentina is way ahead of them so don't expect them to have same opponent as tables are fixed based on team strength. If you are to play a PS5 tournament for a grand prize which team will you pick to play with, Argentina or Portugal?

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by FIRDAUS3(m): 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

Just congratulate him and stop spewing rubbish undecided
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by ddippset(m): 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
The comment is quite boastful and attention seeking.

All i see here is a very desperate man trying to use an Instagram post to claw his way back into the ballon dor race..

grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Damian10(m): 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
Jealous heart, f**k off and watch your goat chased by laliga farm in ligue 1, CR7 the real GOAT chased by records.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by paulolee(m): 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2021
Kingcalls:

The question u should even ask the mumu paulolee and ojeemah is that the 4 world cups messi has played , y hasn't he scored a top club... serbia, Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria ( his favourite opponent) are all he has ever scored in the world cup ... he has faced Germany 3 times, the Dutch 2 times , Croatia, France 2 times , Belgium, Switzerland, and he has failed to score these teams ...even Iceland and Greece, he cudnt score....
see who de talk...cr7 score any goal for e last euros n worldcup knaockout?
no b uruguay remove am? no b small belgium dump am out? why e no score any na? abeg no start

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:25pm On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

I am a Messi Fan,but let us show regard to whom it is due..
Congratulations,CR7..

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by paulolee(m): 1:25pm On Sep 02, 2021
Kingcalls:

Close mouth... lewa won the league...something messi di t and also won European golden boot...copa is trash...y dint they give suarez in 2015...cos he joined barca and he contributed in them winning the treble and even scored in the CL final and still won copa that year....u are just bitter everywhere u go
copa is trash but the won worldcup d more..a kid team in copa chile once dumped spain out of would cup.,.anoda small team like Uruguay naim send ur cr7 packing in d last worldcup....no b small trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Myhusband(m): 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
YorubaKinging:
The end is near
Just like burna boy
This boy always feel good about himself, praising himself
But we all know who the real Goat is
Lionel Messi
And Wizkid is far better than burna boy

Mr end is near, where is your rhythm
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by wealthgoddess: 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
paulolee:

lolz....his fans won't say anything but one clown was saying dt copa america was a weak competition bcoz of few games wit weaker teams forgetting dt 65 of of cr7 112 goals were scored in the qualifiers, more against smaller n weak opponets.
If na messi na, d story go change, u got dey hear lithuanaman n Luxemburg man
No stress urself bross, na hypocrites DM all be
You get time bro...
Ronaldo fans are fools to be honest. I have nothing against the man but his fans are complete idiot...filled with hatred and hate honestly I always wonder why they hate messi so much??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Fuckthamods: 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
paulolee:

messi n lewa had same club performance...lewa did nothing in euros n messi won copa n dts the key advantage over d others.
Don't make me laugh.. You messi fans are highly delusional and sick!
What fvcking club performance did messi have over lewandowski last season? What trophy did he win?
Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

Nawa o
GOAT
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Fuckthamods: 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
DJInfluence:
. So you are telling me he scored 2 goals against France from the total 111 goals? Ok I hear you loud and clear. I agree say we are lucky to have both him and Messi at the same time during this life time. But make una No over hype this record. 70% of the goals na against the teams mentioned by the previous speaker.

My TV na black and white. But let's discuss without insulting each other. It's called respect.
Do you know messi has faced france more times than CR7 and has yet to score 1 goal against them?
Take your bitter ass out of here

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Yarimoooh: 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
Why e dey pain you. Allow the man celebrate he record in peace
WibusJaga:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
MICHEALADEX:
Nothing special about the countries Rolando has played against.

Even our national team in their worst state will use them shine.
And ur national team cant beat ordinary cape verde or Liberia
GOAT

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Michaelpsych: 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
The headline shaa,no realtionship with the content at sll
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
DJInfluence:
he talk true. How many he score against England, Spain, Germany, Italy France, Holland or even Sweden wey we no go hear word again?
Even the previous record holder self na fraud.
Y una dey wail na.
Club goals he pass messi
National goals he pass messi
Wetin again una want

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by shawante(m): 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

Oga shut up abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
WallStreetfx:

So lewandoski wey score the highest goal in europe. With one bundesliga, German cup and top scorer in Germany last season won't collect anything. Baloon d or and FIFA should keep favouring Messi when the odds are against him.
Dats how dey went to go nd cancel last year own because d odds were agains messi
8:2

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Fuckthamods: 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
ddippset:
That's 13 goals.

grin grin grin
How many has messi scored against them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player / Saudi Arabia Fans hit the SIU After Argentina Win / Enyeama Lands First Coaching Job In France

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.