Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? (21065 Views)

The Most Surprising Thing About Abba Kyari Drug Case / 2019 VP Debate: Uzor Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance, Reveals One Thing Ob / FFK: Buhari Has A Beautiful Wife, Aisha Buhari, The Only Good Thing About... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
Scam,Fraud,looting. Basically tiff tiff
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by DeRichard(m): 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:
The topic is self explanatory. If you could change one thing about Nigeria what would you change?

Mine: The mindset of the people. Nigeria is a disaster today because of the backward mindset of its people ( leaders included).

What would you change

Everyone becomes born again.

2 Likes

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Madmadrevo(m): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
Buhari
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by BigMoneyeye: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
dammie4j:
Leadership
Mention employment

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by therajah: 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
Politicians salaries and entitlements
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Tannhauser(m): 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
olaolaking:
Our orientation. Orientation is the reason why we arw like this.

If you move all Nigerians to USA and move all USA to Nigeria, in 10 years, Nigeria will be like USA while USA will become like Nigeria.

The people who are complaining of corruption are doing so because it doesn't favour them. When it begins to favor them, they say it is their time.

You are so right my brother, indeed flesh and blood has not revealed this unto you but ...

grin

The people who are complaining about the lawmakers getting so much money will not complain again when their brothers or family members become a lawmaker.

If any lawmaker refuses to pack as much money as possible, his people, his supporters, his family, etc, will complain, they will say the man is just wasting opportunity and chance.

If a lawmaker cannot build several houses in hometown, Abuja, Lagos, people will abuse him.

The same people complaining about police attitudes will do same things the police are doing the moment they join.

Who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by v2: 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
Reverse the amalgamation.

2 Likes

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Ayodekfarms(m): 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
I'll divide the nation to regions, then I'll kill, maim, brutalize all our politicians who's over 40 years. Abolish 1999 constitution, write people's oriented constitution. Bring religion to the minimal, religion leaders start paying tax. Erase all our children curriculum in school and bring a better one that shows the interest of the nation. Engage able hands in the affairs of the nation. Death penalty for corrupt public, private, religion office holders.

2 Likes

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Snitch24(m): 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
I will take us back to 1913 and execute Lord Lugard

You deserve a feather in your cap

But as for me personally
I will like to make 1usd equal to 1kobo

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Coldie(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
I would make the consequences of corruption harsher
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Shokoloko(f): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:
The topic is self explanatory. If you could change one thing about Nigeria what would you change?

Mine: The mindset of the people. Nigeria is a disaster today because of the backward mindset of its people ( leaders included).

What would you change

Mindset of greed
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by zudozz: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Everyone who has been a President, Governor, Minister, ambassador, permanent secretary, etc should just go home to their wives/husbands n children n dont be involved in governance n politics ever again.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Brushstrokes20: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
I'll pull a RAWLINGS REVOLT on Nigeria undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by thinkmoney(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

What would you change
The orientation of the people we are our own problems. We produce the bad leaders. We have bad mindset that need upgrading

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by hohafrank(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
The president straight.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by SeriouslySense(m): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
dissolve the shambolic and parasitic union.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Victerica(m): 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

What would you change

True, Nigerians too get bad mindsets and it is drawing us backwards.

No trust.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Oyiboman69: 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
Remove the quota system... and let's practice true federalism....
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by ransomed: 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
Revert back to regional government and make each control resources and contribute 9 % to government at Abuja.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by t2luv1: 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
Davash222:
Export all Nigerian girls and import some sensible foreign girls to live here with us.

I trade you all the girls in Miami/Dade/Broward/Palm Beach counties in South Florida for all the Nigerian girls. Trust me on this one, The devil you know is better than the angel you hearing about.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Calitoscassius(m): 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
Corruption. Abolish corruption and everything else will fall into place.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by babajero(m): 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
Centralised government.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by tnerro1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
The 1914 almagamation
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by phemmyfour: 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
GeneralKoko:

What would you change
Change the leaders and import leaders from US
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by namqul(m): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2021
The only change I will make is to sell Nigeria and collect my change

1 Like

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by JEFFERSON016(m): 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
Bring back GEJ[color=#990000][/color]
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by OmoOshodi(m): 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
Constitution

The Genesis and revelation of our problem

Make the Constitution that question leadership and everything will sort

Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Uchek(m): 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2021
Your answer is woeful and atrocious!

GeneralKoko:

What would you change
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by beelyjay45(m): 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2021
Probably make 80% of Nigerians be from one ethnic group/religion or allow the British to rule us longer.
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by OmoManU: 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
It's people with long term warped mindset and mentalities
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
Davash222:
Export all Nigerian girls and import some sensible foreign girls to live here with us.
Hahahhahahaha
Re: If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:05pm On Sep 02, 2021
Modrov:

Our basing our economy on our reliance on selling raw materials and sharing the money.

I always laugh when I hear that 'Nigeria has a lot of natural resources'. The truth is, what we should be doing is using those natural resources to make industrial products for the world...but we somehow think that all we need to do is sell the raw materials, and share the money equitably so that we can all have houses of imported goods.

Also, we don't control the prices of all those natural and mineral resources. So, when the price goes down below the sustenance level, we end up having to take loans to survive.

Plus whoever controls the sharing is going to use the power to loot and loot.

Whereas, if we used our natural resources to make industrial products for the world to use, we not only would be in the position to control the price, but we would make much more money, and provide more and more jobs, and earn more in taxes. Plus light and water and transport would all work because if they don't , we go broke.

Rich nations use their natural resources, not sell them.
True facts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Kwara Ahead Of Governorship Election / Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package / Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.