Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

African Ankle Bracelets Meaning? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / African Ankle Bracelets Meaning? (369 Views)

Shocking Reason Why Ladies Wear Ankle Bracelet / Girls That Wear Ankle Chains / Does Masturbation Slows Down The Healing Process For Ankle Sprain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Ankle Bracelets Meaning? by doksblog(m): 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
Many times, anklets or ankle bracelets mostly worn by ladies around the ankle attract disapproval from people in our society especially here in Nigeria.

Before I move further, I know this write up will stir up the door for series of hot arguments among friends and readers, on the basis of morality and personal views or exegesis.

As for me though, everyone’s views count but for the debaters, I have just a question for you. What does this reference book, the Bible, says concerning anklets or ankle bracelets?

The Bible made mention of anklets twice (Isaiah 3:16…..).

“Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet: therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will discover their secret parts.

“In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon, the chains, and the BRACELETS, and the mufflers, the bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings, the rings, and nose jewels, the changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins, the glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the vails.”

If you take a critical look at the verses just above, you will realize that Bible itself is not against wearing of anklets.

Therefore, if you are a debater or you have a strong dislike or opposition to ankle bracelets, the early you “switch carpet”, the better for you.

However, one of the loathed and bashed fashion sense is ankle bracelet, which was symbolic in ancient Africa, but it’s meanings aren’t as extended as they once were.

Still, the African culture or perhaps fashion culture imbibed in it is intact. Yes, I attest to that. But what does ankle bracelets mean?..........

https://doksblog.com/african-ankle-bracelets-meaning/

(1) (Reply)

Does His Size Matter? Ft. Our Friends | On The Spot | Part 2 / Today Is World's Day For The Girl-child But Boy-child Has No Day / 16 Things Women Want Men To Know About Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.